Janet's New Single - Feedback / video on pg. 10 - Discipline cover pg. 15

Re: Janet's New Single - Feedback (all comments here) ***

I am diggin' this new track. I'm looking forward to listening to the Discipline album. I love the beginning of the song as well. I love the snare drum. It reminds me of my marching band days. hehe!

just ok and it passes the time. I feel she is done and is just doing enough to get in the ROck and ROll Hall of fame and some clean up PR and then you gonna get her into films and other ventures.

I agree with that. I thought the single was alright. It is something to get used to. I heard part of the song on my local pop radio station Philly's Q102 either Monday or yesterday.

Anyway, according to perezhilton.com, this is what happened with Janet's new single. Good news for her.

http://www.perezhilton.com/

Now This Is How You Do A Comeback

Janet Jackson's blazing new single, the Rodney Jerkins-produced Feedback, is the most added song in American radio this week with the most spins, according to Mediabase, which monitors airplay.

Right on!!!!

So excited about Janet's new album

Blah. I am not excited about her new "album" but I wish her the best.

Its catchy, like it!! Go Ms Jackson... you know you are Nasty.

it's good... but just disposable upbeat music

i would like to see more musical growth and maturity from janet... but i guess she's gonna be singing about sexsexsex till she's 60

it's good... but just disposable upbeat music

i would like to see more musical growth and maturity from janet... but i guess she's gonna be singing about sexsexsex till she's 60

:lol::lol::lol:

I like it.. It's just trendy.. Which I generally don't get into.

It lacks some melody I have to say.. Nothing that special. But that's how her music has been many years. It could have been much better with less production..

Well, she can't help it if she's still sexy at 60, :D

ha ha you guys are funny.. UR right though, she is all about SEX.

I love Britney's new song!!! Feedback is amazing! Just like Piece of Me and Radar!!

Oh... we're talking about Janet?

New promo picture.

janetpicoptxg4.jpg

exactly MsTenda! this song sounds like a Britney song. Janet could've came back stronger than this. This song must have been a Rodney Jerkins song that he submitted for Britney's new cd "Blackout" and she rejected it, so he gave it to Janet

I love Britney's new song!!! Feedback is amazing! Just like Piece of Me and Radar!!

Oh... we're talking about Janet?

I'm bewildered you're listening to BRITNEY. :shifty: :lol:

Last edited:

New promo picture.

janetpicoptxg4.jpg

she's a dance, dance
dance, dance
dancing MACHINE!

Watch her get down! Watch her get down
As she do do do her thing up on the screen!

c'mon now! ya'll thought the same thing when you saw this stuff. janet looks just like that friggin' robot!

and trish :lol:

maybe mary j. spoiled me. ... a mature R&B female singer who has substance... what a concept

New promo picture.

janetpicoptxg4.jpg

Lawd..... Isn't she like 41? She is doing songs that Britney, Ciara or Rihanna should be doing. I would figure that, since Janet is a grown ass woman, that she would do mature songs. I heard most of the song when I was at work and it is a hit for the pop radio, but I was thinking, "man, Janet, let this sex image go. It is almost distrubing." It is like my reaction when I saw that commerical for Mariah Carey's you-know-it-smells, perfume. Like, why, Mariah? LOL.

You know, at first I wasn't feeling it, but then I saw a UTube dude dancing to it and it caught on with me and now I rather like it.

If Janet is going to seriously compete, she has to have dance music because that is what she does best. The visuals are bold, edgy, futuristic and nothing 20 something about it, IMO. If she did 'more mature' stuff -- whatever that is these days -- she wouldn't stand a chance to chart.

Last edited:

You know, at first I wasn't feeling it, but then I saw a UTube dude dancing to it and it caught on with me and now I rather like it.

If Janet is going to seriously compete, she has to have dance music because that is what she does best. The visuals are bold, edgy, futuristic and nothing 20 something about it, IMO. If she did 'more mature' stuff -- whatever that is these days -- she wouldn't stand a chance to chart.

Amen. I mean, this ain't that other Jackson, ya know? :p

from Janetjackson.com newsletter:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thank you for signing up to be a part of the Janet Jackson World... it's going to be a great year!

Keep checking back to the site daily as we will be evolving in the next few weeks to reveal the new world that is JanetJackson.com

Also as a holiday treat we are releasing "FEEDBACK", the BRAND NEW SINGLE, on ITUNES December 27th!!!

Speak to you soon and enjoy the ride!

- Your host for the evening
[FONT=&quot]

:)
[/FONT]

Last edited:

I think the song is just OK, Janet could do much better.
And the promo picture..:brow:

First pic from the set of Feeback video:

janetjacksonvideoshootfxf2.jpg

looks like it's going to be the year of janet and michael comeback !!!
bring on the tours
janet's new single is hot and funky
and michael's girl is mine 08 is magic

nothing new from janet. The same ol computerized joints, no real vocals, no substance, but it's an ok song. Maybe if I listen to it like a 20 times I just might like the song.

Re: Janets New Single***

she sounds like Britney Spears :ninja:

But that's my opinion lol

That's what one of the local DJ's said as well. They were talking on the radio the other morning saying that she needed to realize she was 40+ and to stop trying to be Britney.

I'm a huge Janet fan and I love her but I'm not feeling the single. I haven't really been into her music since after Velvet Rope. I just don't get where she's coming from or where's she trying to go. I keep the faith though and I'm hopeful the album will be better than the first single.

Y'all keep forgetting Janet is a Jackson and the Jacksons don't like to be put into neat little boxes and categorized with people tellin' 'em what they should and should not do. :mad: They are very "outside the box" kind of folk. Whatever Janet decides to do with this record, you can pretty much bet it will give you something you haven't seen or heard before. Perhaps this first single was just to get the attention back to her from all the young'uns that may have strayed after the Superbowl incident. Either way, I think it is part of the master plan and all will work out just fine in the end, all to Janet's benefit. :cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Y'all keep forgetting Janet is a Jackson and the Jacksons don't like to be put into neat little boxes and categorized with people tellin' 'em what they should and should not do. :mad: They are very "outside the box" kind of folk. Whatever Janet decides to do with this record, you can pretty much bet it will give you something you haven't seen or heard before. Perhaps this first single was just to get the attention back to her from all the young'uns that may have strayed after the Superbowl incident. Either way, I think it is part of the master plan and all will work out just fine in the end, all to Janet's benefit. :cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Least they talkin' about the song instead of that "SUPER BOWEL" sh*t (sorry I had to do it since someone pointed out at GD that someone said SUPER BOWEL instead of BOWL on one of the Akon threads, lol). :lol:

I predict a top 40 pop hit.

Janet's struggling because her talent is highly limited, that's all. She's 41, or is it 42, and no ones gonna take her on her vocal talent or dance talent, she doesn't really compose music or is known for her song writing talent. She's become a sex symbol and she's trying to hold on to that. What do ya'll really expect? I still like the song. Its generic all the way, but at least its catchy.

Last edited:

Janet's struggling because her talent is highly limited, that's all. She's 41, or is it 42, and no ones gonna take her on her vocal talent or dance talent, she doesn't really compose music or is known for her song writing talent. She's become a sex symbol and she's trying to hold on to that. What do ya'll really expect? I still like the song. Its generic all the way, but at least its catchy.
I wouldn't go as far as to state that her talent is highly limited. No she doesn't have the vocals, but she has overall solid entertainment value.

And let's face it... the woman is hellva sexy. She looks way better than me -- heck I would kill for that body and I'm older than she is. I don't see her selling sex as much this time out as she is trying to get peeps to dance.

At least that's what I thought peeps wanted her to do anyway...

Back