Janet's New Single - Feedback / video on pg. 10 - Discipline cover pg. 15

Re: Janet's New Single - Feedback / video on pg. 10!!

I know I noticed that as well. He keeps saying how the video is boring and he would rather be watching some game, over and over again:crazy :lol:

lol yeah:lol:
And I think it's the 15th time now he's said he'd rather watch gimme more. :huh:
I'd rather watch Janet dance than Britney's behind. Well, I'd rather watch anything than Britneys behind:lol::lol:

lol yeah:lol:
And I think it's the 15th time now he's said he'd rather watch gimme more. :huh:
I'd rather watch Janet dance than Britney's behind. Well, I'd rather watch anything than Britneys behind:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Yet he doesn't want to leave and go watch britney. He is just been sitting there God knows for how long writing all that ish!!! Its so stupid! I think he is trying to provoke peeps so that he can have someone to talk to or something! :lol::lol:

Okay, I just viewed the video and quite honestly it does nothing for me except the ending with Janet in the red body suit.....it starts off too slow, the planets look hella fake, the choreography was nothing impressive and the hair flying all over in her face was too distracting. It seems like a grower to me, so I'll wait and see....

I love it. It's one of the best videos in a while. :yes:

The video seriously sux....

Okay, I just viewed the video and quite honestly it does nothing for me except the ending with Janet in the red body suit.....it starts off too slow, the planets look hella fake, the choreography was nothing impressive and the hair flying all over in her face was too distracting. It seems like a grower to me, so I'll wait and see....

I bet it would've been better on TV, did you see it on "106 & Park"?

You know the only thing I can't figure out is if Janet is dancing on planets or in a bowl of cereal. Is she supposed to be the prize in a box of cereal? I've watched the vid a few times and with all the milk, I'm leaning toward cereal. Maybe it's in the eye of the watcher. lol

I like it. But they could have concentrated on the singing parts a bit more and have balanced that out when put with the dancing. I look forward to the album though.

Last edited:

I'm also looking forward to upcoming singles! :D

In Feedback news, the song moved up to No. 42 on the Digital Singles chart, 74 spots above where it was. :D

That should help the song charted higher on the Hot 100 and R&B charts. It'll probably hit the dance singles chart soon too hopefully giving Janet her 18th No. 1 hit on that chart.

Great!^ :D

Last edited:

It's also No. 52 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 66 on the Billboard R&B chart this week from what I'm hearing!

Sorry not impressed.......

Last edited:

That's a bad video! Go 'head, Damita!!

Your jam is cool too!! I will be buying a copy of your CD!!

Last edited:

The video is helluva lot better than anything thats out there now....it's interesting...the song is growing on me-- a dancefloor track for sure.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/12773/janet-feedback-is-in

Janet: "Feedback" Is In

Posted Wed. Jan 9, 8:10 PM ET by Billy Johnson, Jr. in Hip-Hop Media Training

Things have been rough for Janet since she flashed Super Bowl XXXVIII viewers in 2004.
Let me rephrase that.
Things have been rough for Janet since Justin Timberlake helped her flash Super Bowl...
Unfortunately for Janet, the wardrobe malfunction happened at the wrong time. Tabloid media, internet gossip and E! True Hollywood Stories had already desensitized the public to ridiculous celebrity woes.
It's kind of hard to feel sorry for someone who was born into one of entertainment's most noted families, yet managed to expose one of her nipples during the halftime performance of one of the country's biggest annual family events.
The incident and the FCC backlash put the pressure on Janet's Damita Jo album. But Damita Jo couldn't handle it. And neither could 2006's 20 Y.O. While I personally liked both albums, neither delivered the impact necessary to shut down the haters.
When R. Kelly's sex abuse scandal hit, his infectious "Step In The Name Of Love" refocused the fans on his music. Mariah Carey recovered from her public mental meltdown and Glitter flop in 2005 with "We Belong Together" which set a record as the most played song in radio history.
Janet's forthcoming Discipline album needs to deliver her the same type of career blessing.
Janet's brand new single "Feedback" is the only track I've heard so far. Produced by leading R&B hitmaker Rodney Jerkins, it is a safe, pop-leaning dance track that reintroduces her on familiar territory. But more importantly, it sets her up for the video, the medium she owns.
Janet wannabes Ciara, Britney and Rihanna wished they looked this good in their twenties, much less in their early 40s. Janet proves that she is still an exceptional dancer, bouncing around in space and in a computer generated pond of milk in one of her trademark cat suits.
It's got me hoping that I'll get a bit more of the old Janet this time around.
Seeing Beyonce on tour last year, dressed up like Janet in the "Rhythm Nation" video, and emulating the militaristic dances, reminded me of how groundbreaking Janet was when she made that video nearly 20 years ago.
Watching Ciara freestyle in the mirror in her "1, 2 Step" video reminded me that Janet's 1987 "Pleasure Principle" was that much better.
And every time I see Britney on stage wearing the cordless microphone headset that Janet popularized in her "Control" video, I want to run up on the stage and snatch it off of her head. She's not using it anyway...
Janet's written the hip hop pop blueprint. She just needs to reclaim it. I'm crossing my fingers that she's gonna do it.

i've been playing this video like crazy thanks to keep vid not really watching the video which im so going to dvr when i can. I llke the song and though im one of the few that liked 20 years old. this sounds alot more like the janet we musicly know and love however tat first day peroid line makes the writer in me cringe

i've been playing this video like crazy thanks to keep vid not really watching the video which im so going to dvr when i can. I llke the song and though im one of the few that liked 20 years old. this sounds alot more like the janet we musicly know and love however tat first day peroid line makes the writer in me cringe

Well Janet didn't write that so you won't have to worry about that. :lol: ;)

Re: Janet's New Single - Feedback (all comments here) ***

Dang, dude, that is harsh. Show some respect. Janet, like MJ, does not need a CD to save their careers. They are secured for life. Hit or no hit.

I wasn't trying to be harsh but with MTV blacklisting her and the song not getting the right amount airplay it will have to be forced to rely on sales only and that isn't right or fair. Janet is a legend but with an industry holding a grudge it will make her album harder to sell. I hope that LA Reid can find a way around that, that type of stance by the industry definitely hurt Damita Jo and 20YO

Oddly enough, the video has been added to MTV's playlist, lol.

Anyway, Yahoo! and AOL's music videos owe up to 5% of a single's chart success and it's still on YouTube. :yes:

And it's #52 in just its second week of release so I think the industry is waiting to welcome Ms. Janet back after "four awful years", lol.

Last edited:

billboardnc2.jpg

:p:woohoo:

Last edited:

^^she look so purrty~~

I have not seen the vid.. I am looking 4ward on seeing it

I love that cover! The outfit is hot! :kickass2:

amazing song amazing video. janet looks stunning as always

the song is not that great, especially as its on the same groove as britney's gimme more...the whole electro pop has to be done good, otherwise it all sounds the same...

Back