Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

REMINDER (UK JANET JACKSON FANS): She will be arriving tomorrow via AIR FRANCE at London Heathrow Terminal 4!! FLIGHT: 1980 at 10:30AM!!

I heard from the radio Janet would be performing Scream with a hologram of MJ in London, I wonder if that's true? (is it even possible lol)

June 27, 2011

janet-jackson-062711-12.jpg
OMG how much she looks like little Janet 10 years old!

:p

I heard from the radio Janet would be performing Scream with a hologram of MJ in London, I wonder if that's true? (is it even possible lol)

I think they just took it out of context, I think what Janet meant is she'll be performing it with him on the screen the way she has throughout the tour. It is possible though, it'd be him from the video projected, similar to how she did Pleasure Principle at the Essence music festival.

^^ Yes there are screens, the positioning depends on the venue.

Does anyone know what merchandise is going to be sold and how much they are selling for? Has anyone any pictures?

There is quite a lot being sold at the shows, shirts, tour book, caps, mugs, key chains, I'm sure there's more but I can't remember.

Here's the tour book and shirt:

030411a.jpg

030411b.jpg

030411d.jpg

030411c.jpg

020511a.jpg

Just a matter of days until I see Janet for the first time now, I'm really excited, can't wait! :woohoo:

Why you wear MJ's shirt or anything with him to her concert? It is just like wear someting with Gaga and go to the concert of Madonna.
Show her a little respect for her own career . This woman has put so much effort to shut out the name of Jackson and do something on its own.Not just because she is the sister of the king of pop.Dress normally .. Do not do something to show to other people.

Well I'm only wearing it because I don't have a Janet one, once I get one of hers I'll put it on! I get where you're coming from though, I might not wear it yet and I definitely won't wear it for both nights :).

There was a small flash mob from a few of the fans in Paris while waiting to go in to the Olympia, it was a little sloppy, but they were just fans and not professionals, great to see how many Janet flash mobs there have been in the years since Number Ones has been released! :):

Why you wear MJ's shirt or anything with him to her concert? It is just like wear someting with Gaga and go to the concert of Madonna.
Show her a little respect for her own career . This woman has put so much effort to shut out the name of Jackson and do something on its own.Not just because she is the sister of the king of pop.Dress normally .. Do not do something to show to other people.
Why would wearing a tshirt with her own brother show her disrepect? If anything she would be happy as she loved her brother. I haven't got a Janet tshirt either or I have worn wear that one. People making a big deal out of nothing as usual. I can see your point though.

Anyway has Janet arrived in the UK yet?

Last edited:
il be wearing mj tshirt and my sister its to honor michael. plus 2 years pass and i think janet would love the tshirts.

does anyone know what time you can go in royal albert hall. can you go in at 7pm to go for your seat
also what time is concert due to finish. thanks

The doors open before 7pm I think, again its something that varies at each venue, the show starts at 8:30pm, so I would say it should definitely be finished before 11pm.
Yes Janet should be in London now @RhythmNation.

thanks for info raz. its cause ive got coach 11.30pm theres taxies if needs be to get to victoria

^It's sad that she is referred to as the "sister of Michael" in that article. She's an artist in her own right, not just some sister of the King of Pop.

Yeah, it happens a lot in European articles they always add MJ's little sister, but MJ is the probably bigger than any other artist in Europe and he would probably overshadow any other artist if they were related too.

Here's Janet signing things after her concert in Berlin, nice of her seeing as her car was in the opposite direction to the crowd:

260320_10150292969256351_159056901350_9717945_7105198_n.jpg

She won't outgrow that term, despite of all the success she had of her own people still refer to her as that (especially outside the U.S) cuz Michael's shadow is larger than life and ever present. I think it's kind of ironic that she's referred to as MJ's sister in most European countries, when she did everything she could to distance her self and create her own persona. I'm sure she has learned to deal with it, referring to her as Mj's sister doesn't take away whatever she achieved for her self in the past.

cause albert hall website says latecomers might have to wait for interval but dont think janet has interval

Yeah, it happens a lot in European articles they always add MJ's little sister, but MJ is the probably bigger than any other artist in Europe and he would probably overshadow any other artist if they were related too.

Here's Janet signing things after her concert in Berlin, nice of her seeing as her car was in the opposite direction to the crowd:

260320_10150292969256351_159056901350_9717945_7105198_n.jpg
oh i love to have signed item

^ Yes she does have intervals, quite a few actually.

And you're right TwinklEE, when she had success in Europe in the 90's they would still occasionally add questions about him, or say she's his sister. It doesn't really take away from her, no one will match his success in Europe.

Back