Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

:lol: her record label didn't 'dump' her you would know that if you read the news, all of them said Janet parted with them, and she's said in interviews last year that all the major label's have offered her recording contracts, and if Janet's not been relevant in years why has she had more than 10 number ones in the past decade ??

Ha ha ha...she also said MJ was a drug addict & she participated in many interventions, but can't remember a single one.

Gil thinks she has something to prove...LA Reid had no use for Janet at DJ because they did not get along & couldn't agree on the direction for Disciple. He pushed her out...but yeah, the press release stated they "parted ways". Just like MJ parted ways with Pepsi.

Believe whatever you want...she hasn't been able to get a new recording contract. FACT.

By the way, I am selling the Brooklyn Bridge at a discount price...

Oh well, apparently....this can't be discussed in a Janet thread, because my other post was deleted.

So, I guess... Deuces!

Last edited:
babykinsilk05;3232457 said:
From Janet's Choreographer

Dear fans,

Of course after the opening I was expecting lots of opinions. The initial talks of an up close and personal tour was janet’s feeling to how she did radio city music hall. She enjoyed herself being up close and in intimate settings and wanted to bring it to the fans. So this is why she is on this tour.

Why spend money on new everything when u have a show up and running and its an intimate setting? Its to celebrate her and her number one songs. Well why is it the same set list? I’m not a musician nor do I hear what her or the musical director is hearing. These songs seem to bleed and blend into each other. I’ve suggested some changes but yet again, I’m not a musician. Certain songs just work with each other. So if there were to be changes in future, then it will be added on to the set list where it fits well. Only a musician can understand that, yet we sit here and complain about a set list they heard…. I’m sorry….if there wasn’t a set list , there would be no concert.

Janet is on a good streak right now. Everything looks great. All she needs is prayers to make it through and do all shows, not grumbling cause ur not getting what you want. Have u taken to account what happened last tour? She got sick. Why not prayers instead of grumbling. Let her prove to the nay sayers that she is back, not sick and won’t get sick ever again and fulfill her duties. You don’t know what it takes to get something like this together. Be glad that faith is back from people in the touring world to put this up, because after those cancellations, u never know if they would trust her to tour again. So STOP it now! Let her ride this amazing ride, get in back with good graces, and then when she drops her album, then we r trusted in every way to give u the show u want! A big big show in every way. But because of last tour, I could see how the big heads r skeptical….”Will she make it through this year of performing ? Cancellations? Well **** yall, pray for her. Support her. And love on her that we r on tour. A second chance. So that once all is done and dates fulfilled all across the world, then we have even more to do a big big tour. But of course, need an album and hits, then big tour….do u not ever see the big picture? I may not be what u want a choreographer to be or at times, maybe not approachable as u like me to be but this is me. This is how I am with my friends. But I’ve been here by her side through a lot a shit. She is in the good. She is on a great ride. Press, life, happy love. Things negative r dying down. Its all a process. But yet ur not satisfied and not thinking about the bigger picture and what was done in the past that we have to do certain things to do what we want in future or to make yall more happy. Relax and all I ask is u appreciate that she’s on tour, go support her and love on her in every city, and pray for her. With all this negativity is not gonna get u or her anywhere. Seriously. Think about the past, think where she’s at now and pray as she makes this world tour of number ones and expect big things in the future cause she fulfilled her commitments.

Yes I’m sure- I’m a dick for blocking people who got something to say. Just don’t come at me with some nonsense if u haven’t thought big picture or u don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Just appreciate and love on her at this time. She needs all of us and prayers, be glad she on tour and expect a bigger one after album drops. But this is what it is now. Her hits her up close and personal, no glitz and glam, just us enjoying her music. I don’t care what the hell I’m wearing on stage cause I love her and I really love her music. I enjoy performing it.

Get another perspective is all I ask and think bigger picture. Please. I may seem like a dick all the time cause I’m constantly trying to defend her. U weren’t there on the inside to know the struggle to be where she is at now. Some may thought she may never have another chance to tour again after last one and or even dumb ass super bowl. But we are here! And doing it. And proving we r here and not going away.
R u on this train with us? If not , then seriously get a refund. My girl does not need negative energy in that intimate of a setting

Much love- gil

Quick Question...

Why is it that Gil say's Janet "needs" this "up close and personal" tour to prove to sponsors/tptb that she is still revelant enough to sell albums/A MAJOR tour (next time) because of, as he stated, the superbowl fiasco and the cancelation of her last tour? while MJ, who stopped touring completley for over a decade and got hit with the trial, still came back doing the 02?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Gil did not say she needed this tour , bottomline he's saying be grafteful that this tour is happening instead of complaing because he was pointing out that they could have said no you cancelled on us we are not going to support it.

Ha ha ha...she also said MJ was a drug addict & she participated in many interventions, but can't remember a single one.

Gil thinks she has something to prove...LA Reid had no use for Janet at DJ because they did not get along & couldn't agree on the direction for Disciple. He pushed her out...but yeah, the press releases stated they parted ways.

Believe whatever you want...she hasn't been able to get a new recording contract. FACT.

By the way, I am selling the Brooklyn Bridge at a discount price...

FACT in your world maybe, provide some proof, the day I believe what you class as fact is the day I die.

lots of her fans been harsh towards this concert, i mean they expect her to perform like she did 20 yrs ago and be happy to see her perform not say her stamina is dying down as a dancer Gil had to block bunch of her stans with all the criticism they were tweeting him

lots of her fans been harsh towards this concert, i mean they expect her to perform like she did 20 yrs ago and be happy to see her perform not say her stamina is dying down as a dancer Gil had to block bunch of her stans with all the criticism they were tweeting him

They need to be more realistic... Janet isn't gonna be dancing 95% of the time like she did 20, 15 or even 10 years ago. As you get older your body can't really handle all of that. They also have to remember that her last tour was cancelled because of vertigo.... N we don't want that to happen again

Last edited:
I love the Scream performance! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vXim-Pcd8

Hi guys. I know I'm still new here but there is one thing that has made it difficult to enjoy myself around other fans. I love MJ and I'm going to see this tour because I feel like Janet carries on his spirit and his legacy

However why is it that all the fans here feel they know everything there is to know about Micheal, Janet, and the rest of the family? Did I miss a memo? Did everyone here meet him personally or something? Sometimes the fans can't seem to accept constructive criticism. Everything is about articles, reviews, and record sales. That is not why I love Michael, Janet, or Tito or anyone else. I did not fall in love with MJ due to record sales or with Janet due to the size of tour venues.

Manila set list:

Opening Medley
The Pleasure Principle
Control
What Have You Done For Me Lately
Feedback

Medley
You Want This
Alright
Miss You Much
Nasty

Ballad Medley
Nothing
Come Back To Me
Let's Wait Awhile
Again

Interlude
Days Go By

Medley
Doesn't Really Matter
Escapade
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
When I Think Of You
All For You

That's The Way Love Goes

Interlude
What About

Black Cat

Medley
If
Scream
Rhythm Nation

Interlude
In Complete Darkness

Final Medley
Make Me
Together Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=himzUqVFawI

How is she doing all that in those heels? lol

Hmm, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fragments posted on here so far. The stage costumes are horrible and there doesn't seem to be much live singing, which is better in a small venue (always but especially in a small venue).

LOOKS GOOD bring on the dates for manchester

I wish she would announce Manchester dates, but I don't think she will, shes announced three London dates if she was going to do Manchester I think she would have done by now, I'll be buying tickets to London :)

Anyway, Janet performed her second show today in Singapore Indoor Stadium, much bigger stadium, with a bigger stage, show was pretty much the same, but as this venue wasn't as intimate as the first show she didn't come in through the aisles, she appeared on stage instead.
Heres Janet looking beautiful and young meeting a fan as part of the 20Under20 program:

janet-obojama.jpg

Heres a short video from her private concert in Singapore last night:
the stage looks good. i love that outfit

I wish she would announce Manchester dates, but I don't think she will, shes announced three London dates if she was going to do Manchester I think she would have done by now, I'll be buying tickets to London :)

Anyway, Janet performed her second show today in Singapore Indoor Stadium, much bigger stadium, with a bigger stage, show was pretty much the same, but as this venue wasn't as intimate as the first show she didn't come in through the aisles, she appeared on stage instead.
Heres Janet looking beautiful and young meeting a fan as part of the 20Under20 program:

janet-obojama.jpg

she looks so beautiful, she's like the fountain of youth.

janet-obojama.jpg
theres still time yet to announce manchester when madonna announce london then after awhile she announed manchester. cant afford london hotel etc. keep us posted if ya hear anything over manchester

I wish she would announce one or two here in Canada.

She is doing 2 shows in Toronto, March 12th and 13th, but I think they are sold out, with the exception of VIP tickets.

theres still time yet to announce manchester when madonna announce london then after awhile she announed manchester. cant afford london hotel etc. keep us posted if ya hear anything over manchester

I hope so, but I'm not taking any chances, if she add Manchester dates I'll defiantly be there :)

Does anyone know when we'll be able to purchase tickets for the London Shows?

No word yet of when they go on sale but when they do I'll let you guys know :)

Heres a few video's from her private concert in Singapore:

Next show - Jakarta.

Does anyone know when we'll be able to purchase tickets for the London Shows?
And Paris! Since I'm going there for the summer I could actually go see Janet there, instead of waiting if she announces shows in Finland! :)

Thanks for keeping us updated raz! :)

And Paris! Since I'm going there for the summer I could actually go see Janet there, instead of waiting if she announces shows in Finland! :)

Thanks for keeping us updated raz! :)

No problem :) Theres more Europe dates to come, I'm certain of it, on her site they announced the London, Paris and Monte Carlo dates as the first announced dates, there must be more to be announced soon :D

I never knew Taylor Swift was a Janet fan :) from one of Janet's dancers twitter:
@whyleycoyote

i saw taylor swift backstage at our show yesterday. omg.
about 10 hours ago via web

No problem :) Theres more Europe dates to come, I'm certain of it, on her site they announced the London, Paris and Monte Carlo dates as the first announced dates, there must be more to be announced soon :D
Yeah :) But I will be the whole summer in Paris so I can't go even if she comes to Finland.. it would've been cool though to see her here!

I never knew Taylor Swift was a Janet fan :) from one of Janet's dancers twitter:
@whyleycoyote

i saw taylor swift backstage at our show yesterday. omg.
about 10 hours ago via web

Janet sent her flowers after Kanye crashed the stage and stole the mic from her hehe,

It's been nearly a week since Kanye West crashed her big moment at the Video Music Awards, but Taylor Swift has found a silver lining to all the drama.

"Artists that I didn't even assume knew who I was [have supported me]," Swift, 19, told Elvis Duran during an interview on his Z100 radio show Friday. "I woke up the next day and I had flowers in my hotel room from Janet Jackson."

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20302940_20305552,00.html

She thanked and sent her love to the Jackson family AND Janet for reaching out to her after the Kanye incident at the AMA's 2009 when she won artist of the year.

[youtube]nTYQ850Tj64[/youtube]

Janet sent her flowers after Kanye crashed the stage and stole the mic from her hehe,

She thanked and sent her love to the Jackson family AND Janet for reaching out to her after the Kanye incident at the AMA's 2009 when she won artist of the year.

[youtube]nTYQ850Tj64[/youtube]

Thanks for that :)

Janet's Jakarta show is now over and her team were on twitter talking about it:

Jakarta extends open arms embracing Janet during her first performance in the historical city. -Janet's Team
31 minutes ago via web

Like the first cities of Janet's world tour, crowds danced and sang along with the superstar, celebrating her 35 Number One hits.. -J's Team
29 minutes ago via web

..that for many have served as the soundtrack of their lives. -Janet's Team
28 minutes ago via web

After the performance, Janet honored 20 young people who are making a difference in their communities. -Janet's Team
27 minutes ago via web

a few pics from the show:

x2_486b75b

x2_486c063

x2_4871fe4

x2_486e693

x2_4871f0a

Next stop: Hong Kong Monday 14th Feb.

Janet and her crew are now in Shanghai, rumor has it she's doing another private concert before the Hong Kong show

I have been a fan of Janet since Good Times and wish her a lot of success with this tour. My only complaint is that some of her costume choices are a bit too revealing in terms of the cleavage. She doesn't need to keep reminding us that she's got big boobs. We get it. I feel the same way about some of Mariah Carey's fashion choices. I wish they would be a bit more conservative, especially in view of their ages. Unfortunately, they seem to be going down the same road as Aretha which is a shame.

In order for Janet to make up for her weak voice, I think that is why she shows cleavage. lol I think she looks great to be honest. I would kill to have a bod like her's.

I just looked at several clips of her recent shows. It just reminded me why I always like Janet as an actress better then a singer/dancer. She should have continued acting to be honest.

It's kinda sad to see that the shows are still the same just on a much smaller scale... I thought this was supposed to be Janet up close and personal, like you have never seen her before? I mean this is just the same ole Janet, nothing new in that.
Well I guess the main point were the smaller venues in order 2 enable they sell out. Good luck to them shows

Last edited:
Back