Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

They were not low, but they were not spectacular.I doubt that for this tour she would have sold out 30,000 capacity arenas for all the dates she has done so far. Also, her last few albums(including the greatest hits album) have not sold in large numbers so she realises that she is not as big a draw as she once was. It happens to most pop stars with time.
I really believe that they had some dates in place but other dates,especially most of the ones for what they are calling the second leg,are being added as they go along.

30,000 capacity arenas probably not, but her ticket sales this time around have been more impressive than her last tour, in places like New York she sold more than 17,000 tickets for the shows, talking into account the people who went to multiple shows I still think in terms of attendees it beats out her single show in MSG which was nearly 10,000, plus we have to take into account that she wasn't being promoted the way an artist of her calibre should be. Plus she did have very impressive numbers when she headlined Essence (she broke the record held by Beyonce) and the Houston Rodeo, again taking into consideration people who went to see other performers, still the numbers are very impressive.
Her last few albums have not been as successful as she would have hoped for I imagine, but for albums of today they did fine, Damita Jo and 20 Y.O. are platinum albums and were number 2 albums against big competition at the time, Discipline number 1, she has not seen her normal amount of success but she has done pretty well by today's standards, great if you take into consideration that she wasn't even being played on MTV and radio until Feedback was released, which saw little of both.

So is he talking about a 2nd European leg? That would be great, there isn't enough European dates as of yet, and thats where she should be promoting herself more.
But you have to take some of what he says with a pinch of salt, he is the one who was talking about Janet's 20 Y.O. tour. Yes it was planned, but it didn't end up happening.

If they're worried about lower ticket sales for a second leg (compared to the last tour), shouldn't they really not even be looking at the last tour? If she's playing the same size venues as on the first leg of Up Close & Personal, they should be looking at those sales. From what I can tell, this tour has done well so far, so I don't think they have to worried about having good sales at smaller theaters.

Yes, from what I've heard most, if not all of the shows have sold out.

The European leg starts in less than 2 weeks time in Oslo, Norway!! I wonder if there will be any changes! I think the inclusion on Whoops Now, Runaway or Got 'Til Its Gone is a possibility as they are quite popular here, and the setlist has varied on the legs so far.

You know, I completely forgot, Janet's special show at the Louvre in Paris is on the 14th! That should be cool, can't wait till the European leg starts, I'll be seeing Janet for the first time in just under a month! :D

So, she is going to Norway and Denmark but not Sweden?

I wish they would record the performace at the Louvre that would be so cool, and she's performing I think by the glass pyrimd outside, that would look at amazing at night.

^ Minus the private concert in the Louvre, the first show is scheduled on June 17th in Oslo, the last is in Barcelona on July 12th. All the dates can be found on the first page of this thread. I update them when ever I can :)

Last edited:
There will definitely be some changes to the European leg, Janet and her dancers have been in rehearsals for this leg for the past week in LA. Rumour has it she's getting some new costumes too, I hope she brings the catsuit back I really liked it!

Yaaaay new costumes! I hope they don't get lost like last time, although I did really love seeing her in that tank top ensemble. Showed off her tomboy side that I love!

So, she is going to Norway and Denmark but not Sweden?
I reallly wish Sweden, Finland or Russia will be added on the tour!

There will definitely be some changes to the European leg, Janet and her dancers have been in rehearsals for this leg for the past week in LA. Rumour has it she's getting some new costumes too, I hope she brings the catsuit back I really liked it!
Oh no, not the catsuit.. :D

Yes the catsuit! It is probably my favourite costume of hers! Janet would have made a good catwoman I think :p. What's not to like? :lol:

janet-jackson-number-ones-tour-indonesia-06.jpg

Hopefully she will add those dates on the second European leg though, I think she should add some Eastern Europe dates too.

Yehh i hope they switch it up a little for the next leg.. I cant wait to go see the show though, theres only like 3 weeks until she comes to London!

I loved the catsuit, it fit so snug and reminded me of Michael's history tour suit.

Yes the catsuit! It is probably my favourite costume of hers! Janet would have made a good catwoman I think :p. What's not to like? :lol:
I agree on the catwoman thing! :D ..but the catsuit just looks a bit too uncomfortable to me.

That's such an unflattering pic. She looks amazing in the catsuit, just in better pics lol.

Janet and her entourage have all arrived in Paris, minus her choreographer and dancer who can not make the show at the Louvre. 3 days until the private show, I don't think she'll give a full show, the other private shows she's given have been about an hour or so to my knowledge, so I'm thinking it will be something similar :)

I agree on the catwoman thing! :D ..but the catsuit just looks a bit too uncomfortable to me.

Well, I guess we all have different opinions, which we're entitled to. Now I think about it a completely new opening outfit would be cool too :D

I got my tickets today for one of the shows. Hope the other ones arrive on time...Exciiiited!!!!

Me too, I can't wait until next month! I'm going to try and not look at any of the footage from this leg so I don't spoil the surprise of the changes she will make for Europe, they're been rehearsing for about 2 weeks now I believe so they must have made a few. I think Runaway is on the cards for Europe.

Janet and her dancers had a private viewing of the Louvre this morning. 2 days till the Louvre, and then the European leg kicks off in 6 days, in Copenhagen :D

Me too, I can't wait until next month! I'm going to try and not look at any of the footage from this leg so I don't spoil the surprise of the changes she will make for Europe, they're been rehearsing for about 2 weeks now I believe so they must have made a few. I think Runaway is on the cards for Europe.

Same I couldn't help but look at the US and Asia footage but this time I'm gonna stay away lol.

Back