Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

I think that was actually just a clip in, it didn't really look that much like a weave to me, but I think she's just experimenting and seeing what she likes, its something she said she does when she's bored on tour :)

Just as the rest of the shows this show has brought rave reviews, although due to Janet's strict contract for photographers to take pictures at the concert, some newspapers didn't review the show :lol:

here's a translated review of the Oslo show:

"Superstar Janet Jackson was back on a norwegian stage on friday for the first time in 13 years. 9.20 pm she entered the stage at Folketeatret before an ecstatic audience of 1400 people. This time it was intimacy and contact with the audience she was aiming for.
She delivered a hit parade of dimensions to the audience, but the again the tour is called Number ones, so it should go without saying that the audience know the songs as well as she does herself (duh!)
The chairs were not used, because the audience were on their feets througout the whole show.

For 90 minutes Janet was dancing and flirting with the audience. she showed her soft side and her tough side and expressed her love for her fans.
The only minor negative part was the "choreograped" laughter at times, like she was trying to show the audience that she was having a good time. There was no need for that because it was obvious that she were having a good time."

Thanks for the video :)

Janet has arrived in Copenhagen for her show later today, here are some pictures of her at the airport:

01_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

02_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

03_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

04_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

05_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

12_DK_Janet_Kbh.jpg

The rest can be viewed here:

http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=128437

That's correct, Janet's team have been announcing them on her site and facebook :)

The dedications so far are:

Oslo - Again
Copenhagen - Miss You Much
Berlin - Rhythm Nation
Paris - Runaway
London - Nasty
Dublin - Let's Wait Awhile

Some of my friends pictures from the Copenhagen show, she was at the front of the standing and she said security wouldn't let her record it, so there probably won't be a lot of videos

Last edited:
Thanks but I just wondering why people don't upload on youtube anymore ?..
And why is just 2 performs from Copenhagen and one from Oslo?..I hope this will change because I was not satisfied ;P

I'm not sure why people are not uploading on youtube, but the security are apparently being strict about recording the shows, that's what my friend who attended Copenhagen said anyway. Or maybe the European fans are deciding to enjoy the concert instead of recording it, who knows.

Yet again Janet's performance has proven to be a people and critic pleaser. I won't post the whole review, as it's too long, but here's the conclusion taken from a Danish site:

Conclusion
Although we had 90 minutes scheduled hit parade with no surprises with lousy sound, and it was difficult to see and hear Janet, it was a great experience to see none other than Janet Jackson deliver a wide range of modern music history's greatest, highly danceable and memorable hits. She is still awesome and should be able to fill a much larger hall.

Janet and her entourage have arrived in Berlin a couple of hours ago 4 days ahead of her show in Berlin. More updates when they arrive :)

(Janet to be on the Paul O'Grady show) Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Heads up UK fans, it has just been announced that Janet will be on the Paul O'Grady show on Friday. ITV tweeted about it:

itvpresscentre (ITV Press Centre)
Confirmed guests on Paul O'Grady Live (Friday 1 July) are Janet Jackson, Sir Bob Geldof and Joe Jonas #itvpresscentre

Janet's is peforming at Tempodrom?

From what I know the maximum capacity is only 4000. I remember three years ago MJ fans made fun of Usher for only selling 4000 tickets LOL!

Well this is the 'Up Close And Personal' tour. The whole point is to do smaller venues, so...
She's still putting on same shows as she used to do before, the reason why she chose to do smaller venues this time around is obvious, no point in denying it or spinning it around. But who cares, hope the folks who go to this show are able to enjoy themselves.

Yes the reason is clear why she's doing it, she's unsure weather she could sell the big numbers her other tours have, and it's a very smart move to do this tour, so by the time she releases her next album she can do an arena tour. This tour has a simple cause - to get her worldwide fan base back, with the little promotion and small cost to put on the show its a great idea.
This tour is completely different to her other tours. Obviously she's much closer to the crowd, there's no pyrotechnics, she's more talkative to the crowd and she's not even using costumes anymore so it creates a more intimate environment. It's obviously working for her too seeing that all the reviews have been that she's doing a great show, many have called it her best!

Yes the reason is clear why she's doing it, she's unsure weather she could sell the big numbers her other tours have, and it's a very smart move to do this tour, so by the time she releases her next album she can do an arena tour. This tour has a simple cause - to get her worldwide fan base back, with the little promotion and small cost to put on the show its a great idea.
This tour is completely different to her other tours. Obviously she's much closer to the crowd, there's no pyrotechnics, she's more talkative to the crowd and she's not even using costumes anymore so it creates a more intimate environment. It's obviously working for her too seeing that all the reviews have been that she's doing a great show, many have called it her best!
Well good luck with that one to her.

*sigh* Honestly, people can't help themselves coming into threads JUST to be negative.

How cute is her jogging outfit! Dang, I wish I looked that cool when I went out for a run, haha!

Back