Janet's Number One's World Tour Official Thread

Janet will be in Iowa in August i got my ticket... I dont know if its the number ones your but im seeing her.

Yes the show in Iowa is part of the tour, tomorrow is the private show at the Louvre, I hope we see some footage, this is a very special concert.

JANET BROUGHT THE WEAVE BACK FOR THE LOUVRE!!!

scaled.php

Happy she brought the weave back, but that particular one doesn't look too real...

She apparently only performed 5 songs at this show including What Have You Done For Me Lately, Rhythm Nation, Together Again & All For You.

Woah! It's so weird seeing her with the weave again after her hair being short for so long! But I love it both ways, so I'm happy!

I know right, I really liked the short hair, it really brought out her facial features and made her look even younger, but the hair is good when she dances for songs like If where she can whip her hair :lol:

more pics :):

scaled.php

index.cgi

28mh4d2.jpg

I actually prefer this:

DSCF1465.JPG

Wow, great pics with the weave, she looks just the same as when I saw the Velvet Rope tour, her face hasn't changed it's incredible, she's so beautiful!

Just can't wait to see her in Montreal!

Just over 2 weeks until I see her in London!!! I'm so excited :D

The show is already picking up some attention:

Janet Jackson 'Nasty' in the Louvre, with fab show

PARIS — It's a safe bet that the Louvre Museum, that hallowed sanctum that houses the Venus de Milo, the Mona Lisa and countless other priceless artistic treasures, has never seen moves quite like Janet Jackson's.

The Grammy-winning pop princess gave her raunchy fabulous best for a good cause on Tuesday, bumping and grinding her way through a raucous set at a glitzy charity gala Tuesday inside the museum.

The concert — the highlight of the "Liaisons au Louvre" benefit, with proceeds going to the museum — was a first-ever for an institution more often associated with string quartets in period costume than sexed-up American pop divas.

Held under I.M. Pei's iconic pyramid, Jackson's performance was loud enough to make the glass paneling reverberate overhead. Jackson, sporting a white crocodile pantsuit and surrounded by a cadre of crotch-grabbing dancers, belted out a medley of her greatest hits, including 1986's "What Have You Done For Me Lately," ''Miss You Much" and "Rhythm Nation," both from 1989, as well as her trademark hit "Nasty."

Astonishingly for a posh charity event — where cumbersome evening gowns tend to keep guests glued to their seats — Jackson had the well-heeled crowd of about 300 up and dancing.

"Her music is the soundtrack of all our lives," gushed Lucas Somoza, a 29-year-old Houstonian who now lives in Paris. "She is one of the iconic singers of our times and to see her live is mind-blowing."

The Louvre closed early to the public Tuesday to receive guests including Prince Albert II of Monaco and actress Diane Kruger, as well as hundreds of art lovers and do-gooders with deep pockets. They sipped flutes of Champagne as they ambled among the works of art and explored private chambers once belonging to Louis XIV, the Sun King, before dining in a covered sculpture garden.

The "Liaisons au Louvre" event is organized by Becca Cason Thrash, a Houston-based philanthropist whose work for the museum has made her a beloved figure in France.

"Americans have done so much for culture here in France. They saved Versailles and Giverny," Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand told The Associated Press, referring to the sprawling royal palace in the Paris suburb of Versailles and the home of Impressionist painter Claude Monet in the northern Normandy region. "I can only applaud the work done by Mrs. Thrash, who's one of those marvelous Americans who put so much time and effort into saving the precious things we're lucky enough to have in this country."

Thrash herself played auctioneer at the event, using her Southern charm to up the ante and fetch the highest possible price for lots including luxury holidays and a painting by Richard Price, which went for $700,000. Other top lots included an African safari (which fetched $90,000), a yacht trip ($100,000) and a Marrakech getaway ($50,000).

Thrash called on the bidders by name, rewarding those who heeded her appeals to raise the bid with a "Thank you, baby!" When at one point the quick-witted Texas belle lost her balance and nearly toppled over, she recovered and asked, foxily, "Who will give me $100,000 to catch me when I fall?"

Tuesday's gala capped three days of festivities for the out-of-town attendees, including a dinner at the American ambassador's residence and a trip to a chateau outside Paris.

Elizabeth Petersen, a Houston fundraiser and longtime friend of Thrash, called the experience "magical."

"It's glamour for a good cause," said Petersen, looking red-carpet-ready in her white pearl and feather-covered gown. "It makes you feel like royalty just being here.

"Plus, we're letting the culture soak in by osmosis," she said, gesturing at the treasures that fill the sprawling museum, formerly a royal palace in the heart of Paris.

The first "Liaisons au Louvre" gala raised $2.7 million in 2008. Funds from Tuesday's gala will help restore a Louis XV drawing room, organizers said.

Whoooooawww.. long hair again :)))
Can't wait to see some videos from this concert.. :)
Tnx for pic , so beautifull

Oh, the weave! :heart: I love Janet with long hair, even though I liked the short style very much too! She looks gorgeous no matter how her hair is :)
The outfit looks good too, thanks for the pics raz! There ain't no videos yet?

Here are some pictures of Janet after her performance:

65167557EricRatt6142011114610PM.jpg

65167549EricRatt6142011114801PM.jpg

65167555EricRatt6142011114827PM.jpg

65167552EricRatt6142011114905PM.jpg

65167546EricRatt6142011114941PM.jpg

65167545EricRatt6142011115027PM.jpg

65167543EricRatt6142011115103PM.jpg

I can't see them..

Do you think she will still announce more shows in Europe?? Janettttt, please.. :timer:

The One.;3408783 said:
Oh, the weave! :heart: I love Janet with long hair, even though I liked the short style very much too! She looks gorgeous no matter how her hair is :)
The outfit looks good too, thanks for the pics raz! There ain't no videos yet?

I can't see them..

Do you think she will still announce more shows in Europe?? Janettttt, please.. :timer:

I've fixed them, they should be working now :)

I do think there will be more, I think her and her team were apprehensive about adding more dates when they got the dates together because she hasn't toured here for so long, and her popularity has been a lot lower since All For You. Her choreographer Gil did mention a 2nd European leg, maybe after the 2nd American leg, the tour will be until the end of the year and the LA show is said to be the last date for the American leg, which leaves plenty of time for Europe, but she has also got to go Australia and Japan.

Here are a few more pictures from last nights show:

photo6.JPG

photo7.JPG

Janet Jackson sells out Oslo and dedicates Again to the city

Janet Jackson’s number one hit “Again,” from the album janet. has been chosen as the song dedicated to the city of Oslo. Janet’s NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal tour, is her largest-ever world tour. Janet will dedicate a selected number one song to each of her fan-suggested stops. The sold out show will be taking place in Oslo on June 17th at the Folketeateret Theatre. The tour, in which the superstar performs a selection of songs from her impressive 35 number one hits, has recorded similar SRO engagements throughout Asia, North America and now Europe. Of her upcoming sold out performance in Oslo the Icon has said, “Returning to Oslo is going to be an amazing experience. My heart is in your hands Oslo! See you soon.”

The media has celebrated JANET’s performances throughout her tour:
"Often imitated, never duplicated, Janet Jackson’s outbursts of meticulous choreography, sassy exclamations and smoldering gazes into the audience kept them on their feet for the entire two-hour set ." –
"More than a week has passed since I saw JANET JACKSON at Radio City Music Hall, and I’m still smiling..." -

In addition to her rigorous tour schedule, Janet has headed record-setting fundraising events for HIV/AIDS research and treatment, including hosting recent balls in Cannes and Vienna, which topped all prior fundraising amounts of those events. Prior to her upcoming tour appearance at London's Royal Albert Hall and Paris' Olympia Music Hall, Janet will entertain in France for a giant fund-raiser June 15 when she becomes the first female artist ever to perform at the Louvre in the extraordinary IM Pei glass pyramid, raising funds for that most famous of museums.
The Icon’s current tour differs from her previous concert schedules of years past in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There is also a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be “up close and personal,” in a much more intimate settings. In each selected city, Janet will offer something different to her performance so no show will be the same. This tour is Janet Jackson more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before.

Janet will also be selecting the first fan winner of the contest in voting for the each of the selected cities. The winner will be announced on www.JanetJackson.com and they will receive an autographed copy of NUMBER ONES and an autographed copy of her upcoming book "True You" (in stores now).

Her New York Times bestseller True You, published by Karen Hunter Publishing, an imprint of Gallery Books at Simon & Schuster is currently in stores and is continuing to climb the charts. Janet's first book reveals her unique, insider's perspective on dieting and exercise-from her past, present and her future. True You chronicles Janet's lifelong struggles with weight and self-esteem. The book is a self-help/esteem book where Janet uses anecdotes from her real life to illustrate the power of self-esteem and how she struggles and her continued growth as an artist and a woman.

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet_jackson_sells_out_oslo_and_dedicates_again_to_the_city

Janet Jackson says Miss You Much to Copenhagen

Janet Jackson’s number one hit “Miss You Much,” from the album Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 has been chosen as the song dedicated to the city of Copenhagen. Janet’s NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal tour, is her largest-ever world tour. Janet will dedicate a selected number one song to each of her fan-suggested stops. The show will be taking place in Copenhagen on June 19th at the Falkoner Theatre. The tour, in which the superstar performs a selection of songs from her impressive 35 number one hits, has recorded similar SRO engagements throughout Asia, North America and now Europe. Of her upcoming sold out performance in Copenhagen the Icon has said, “ I can’t wait to get back to Copenhagen and perform at the Falkoner Theater. I love all my fans in Denmark and and have Missed You Much! See you soon.”

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet_jackson_says_miss_you_much_to_copenhagen-1

Yep, I see the pics now :) She is so pretty! And I love her style!

Berlin becomes a part of the Rhythm Nation as Janet Jackson dedicates her hit song to the city...

Janet Jackson’s number one hit “Rhythm Nation,” from the album Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 has been chosen as the song dedicated to the city of Berlin. Janet’s NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal tour, is her largest-ever world tour. Janet will dedicate a selected number one song to each of her fan-suggested stops. The show will be taking place in Berlin on June 24th the Tempodrom at Osbahnhof. The tour, in which the superstar performs a selection of songs from her impressive 35 number one hits, has recorded similar SRO engagements throughout Asia, North America and now Europe. Of her upcoming sold out performance in Berlin the Icon has said, “I’m looking forward to returning to Berlin and performing for everyone at the Tempodrom. It is going to be an incredible night and I can’t wait to see all my fans. Rhythm Nation seems like the perfect song to dedicate to this city, and the people who live there. See you soon!”

The media has celebrated JANET’s performances throughout her tour:
"Often imitated, never duplicated, Janet Jackson’s outbursts of meticulous choreography, sassy exclamations and smoldering gazes into the audience kept them on their feet for the entire two-hour set ." –
"More than a week has passed since I saw JANET JACKSON at Radio City Music Hall, and I’m still smiling..." -

In addition to her rigorous tour schedule, Janet has headed record-setting fundraising events for HIV/AIDS research and treatment, including hosting recent balls in Cannes and Vienna, which topped all prior fundraising amounts of those events. Prior to her upcoming tour appearance at London's Royal Albert Hall and Paris' Olympia Music Hall, Janet will entertain in France for a giant fund-raiser June 15 when she becomes the first female artist ever to perform at the Louvre in the extraordinary IM Pei glass pyramid, raising funds for that most famous of museums.
The Icon’s current tour differs from her previous concert schedules of years past in that she will perform music exclusively from her chart topping CD NUMBER ONES. There is also a focus on venues that will allow Janet to be “up close and personal,” in a much more intimate settings. In each selected city, Janet will offer something different to her performance so no show will be the same. This tour is Janet Jackson more revealed, more intimate, and more personal than ever before.

Janet will also be selecting the first fan winner of the contest in voting for the each of the selected cities. The winner will be announced on www.JanetJackson.com and they will receive an autographed copy of NUMBER ONES and an autographed copy of her upcoming book "True You" (in stores now).

Her New York Times bestseller True You, published by Karen Hunter Publishing, an imprint of Gallery Books at Simon & Schuster is currently in stores and is continuing to climb the charts. Janet's first book reveals her unique, insider's perspective on dieting and exercise-from her past, present and her future. True You chronicles Janet's lifelong struggles with weight and self-esteem. The book is a self-help/esteem book where Janet uses anecdotes from her real life to illustrate the power of self-esteem and how she struggles and her continued growth as an artist and a woman.

^^ Thanks for those!!! :woohoo:

The setlist for the Louvre show is said to be the following:

Pleasure Principal
Control
What Have You Done
Feedback
You Want This
Miss You Much
Alright
Nasty
RN
Together Again

Janet has arrived in Oslo and is apparently staying at the same hotel she usually stays at, which is the same one MJ used to stay in too.

Does Janet wear wigs? Maybe her long hair before the new cut hair-look were also wigs. It seems so for me.

^ She wears weaves a lot, but her hair was pretty long before she cut it off. She wore it natural a few times just before, I remember her wearing it up in a top knot like she used when she was little on I think, David Letterman or another late night show? I'll try to find the photo.

Was that Prince Albert of Monaco backstage? She looks so good with long hair. Somehow it makes her look more slim. I like the outfit better than her prior main stage outfit as well.

Yes it was Prince Albert of Monaco, he attended the show.

And yes Janet wears weaves, a lot o female celebrities wear them so that their natural hair isn't damaged, she's worn them for a long time now.

The European leg of the show kicks of tonight in Oslo, Norway. She has dedicated Again to them.

No problem Justine :D

The Oslo show is well underway and here is a picture of her performing, she looks like she has a different hairstyle again :):

324044063.jpg

Last edited:
Well the weave didn't stay long :p Thanks for the pics and videos everyone!

Back