Jason Malachi 'confesses'/ Jason's Manager denies / MJJC gets a statement from Thad Nauden Post 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you hack an account first thing you do is the change the email associated with the account, change the secret questions etc so that other person can't get it back. It's hacking basics 101.

No, it isn't. Because you can't change the registered email account without confirming it, via an email SENT to that account. So if someone hacked his facebook, they would have HAD to have access to his email as well in order to change the email and questions.

Go to facebook and try it yourself. They require confirmation to change the registered email address or security questions.

No, it isn't. Because you can't change the registered email account without confirming it, via an email SENT to that account. So if someone hacked his facebook, they would have HAD to have access to his email as well in order to change the email and questions.

Go to facebook and try it yourself. They require confirmation to change the registered email address or security questions.

so then they hacked his facebook through his email.

some people here are just impossible. nothing will satisfy you.

True, but you're assuming as if you know what he's been doing for the past 24 hours.

You think he wouldn't know about it, 5 hours later? His phone will have been BLOWING up. People who know him in real life will be hitting it up. The story's been on TMZ and all over the net.

This shit will obviously be a priority to him to get it removed if it's fake. It's pretty unlikely that he's out in some backwoods desert somewhere with no contact to anyone and no cellphone or internet access.

5 hours later, the post is still there. People were talking to him on Facebook Chat moments before he posted it. Doubtful that a hacker would bother conversating with people.

Says it all if you ask me, but whatever. With each passing moment, the legitimacy grows.

so then they hacked his facebook through his email.

some people here are just impossible. nothing will satisfy you.

You're saying they hacked his email first with the intention of then hacking his facebook? Seems a little less likely.

ALSO - when I access my Facebook when I'm holiday somewhere else or visiting someplace else, it won't let me log in without answering more security questions because it detects your location, and if it's different from your usual location, you have to answer more questions before you can even get to your account because they know the account is being accessed from a different place than usual and they detect that as being suspicious. You have to correctly identify friends from random pictures of them, and if you don't get the questions right it won't let you in.

So now you're saying that the hacker also lives in the exact same location as Jason. Again, unlikely.

You think he wouldn't know about it, 5 hours later? His phone will have been BLOWING up. People who know him in real life will be hitting it up. The story's been on TMZ and all over the net.

This shit will obviously be a priority to him to get it removed if it's fake. It's pretty unlikely that he's out in some backwoods desert somewhere with no contact to anyone and no cellphone or internet access.

5 hours later, the post is still there. People were talking to him on Facebook Chat moments before he posted it. Doubtful that a hacker would bother conversating with people.

Says it all if you ask me, but whatever. With each passing moment, the legitimacy grows.

But apparently someone has been in contact with him, if someone who works for him in real life has issued a statement regarding the situation. Wouldn't that imply that the statement was released on Jason's behalf?

You're saying they hacked his email first with the intention of then hacking his facebook? Seems a little less likely.

ALSO - when I access my Facebook when I'm holiday somewhere else or visiting someplace else, it won't let me log in without answering more security questions because it detects your location, and if it's different from your usual location, you have to answer more questions before you can even get to your account because they know the account is being accessed from a different place than usual and they detect that as being suspicious. You have to correctly identify friends from random pictures of them, and if you don't get the questions right it won't let you in.

Idk, but I've always been able to access facebook while away, as long as I remembered my email and password.

tmz is using MJJ fans, Jason Malachi is using MJJ fans... it's as funny as tragic.

Maybe tmz picked the 'story' up on this very forum lol wheeeew it's a tabloid (remember: burn all tabloids!!!) only they make it to be right once in a while doesn't make them reliable.

It works like this: even bad pr is better than no pr in the entertainment business.

well it will happen again.

But apparently someone has been in contact with him, if someone who works for him in real life has issued a statement regarding the situation. Wouldn't that imply that the statement was released on Jason's behalf?

He never directly stated that in the statement though, and somebody on MaxJax who is a friend of Jason's and knows his wife, family, etc and has his cellphone number, called him a few hours ago and the phone was switched off.

tmz is using MJJ fans, Jason Malachi is using MJJ fans... it's as funny as tragic.

and that's the truth.

This rumor doesn't help MJ, the current album and any future releases.

It helps Jason (as we have been discussing and mentioning him for the last few hours) and TMZ (as they get million clicks to their website).

It's so unfortunate.

Idk, but I've always been able to access facebook while away, as long as I remembered my email and password.

When was the last time you went away and how far away? This feature was added last November, I spend half my time in the UK and half in the US, when I was in the US in November I saw this security layer come up when I first tried to access my account.

He never directly stated that in the statement though, and somebody on MaxJax who is a friend of Jason's and knows his wife, family, etc and has his cellphone number, called him a few hours ago and the phone was switched off.

Again, you assume as if you're aware of what may be occurring in their lives right now, business wise or personal. And although the statement may have come from him, it's come from his manager, an employee. Didn't Michael issue statements through his manager's, did he have to directly state things all the time? I don't believe so.

Again, you assume as if you're aware of what may be occurring in their lives right now, business wise or personal. And although the statement may have come from him, it's come from his manager, an employee. Didn't Michael issue statements through his manager's, did he have to directly state things all the time? I don't believe so.

It's a fairly safe assumption that he knows about it by now. It's been almost 6 hours. People have been trying to call him. If he's at work, people who know him will be calling his work. If he's at home and his cell is off, people will be calling his house number. Emailing him. Talking to his family, his immediate family would almost certainly be able to contact him 24/7, he's not James Bond on some secret mission where nobody in the world can get a hold of him. This is a big deal, it's not some small time thing, it's a potential legal issue.

The statement didn't come from him or the manager would have SAID that. I'm a professional musician signed to a major label. My manager manages Lauryn Hill and Pras Michel also (just so you know what level on I'm in terms of being professional.)

He's made a bunch of statements on behalf of me my band, and every time, it's damn clear when it's a personal message FROM us, because it's stated.

This statement - not so clear. Personal opinion, but to me it doesn't sound like Thad has talked to Jason at all, from the language used. No doubt he will, sooner or later, but it doesn't sound like he has, yet. Which lines up with people saying Jason's cell is turned off.

It's a fairly safe assumption that he knows about it by now. It's been almost 6 hours. People have been trying to call him. If he's at work, people who know him will be calling his work. If he's at home and his cell is off, people will be calling his house number. Emailing him. Talking to his family, his immediate family would almost certainly be able to contact him 24/7, he's not James Bond on some secret mission where nobody in the world can get a hold of him. This is a big deal, it's not some small time thing, it's a potential legal issue.

The statement didn't come from him or the manager would have SAID that. I'm a professional musician signed to a major label. My manager manages Lauryn Hill and Pras Michel also (just so you know what level on I'm in terms of being professional.)

He's made a bunch of statements on behalf of me my band, and every time, it's damn clear when it's a personal message FROM us, because it's stated.

This statement - not so clear. Personal opinion, but to me it doesn't sound like Thad has talked to Jason at all, from the language used. No doubt he will, sooner or later, but it doesn't sound like he has, yet. Which lines up with people saying Jason's cell is turned off.

:sigh: You act as if he didn't state, "Jason would like to thank...", which is again, another indication that this statement is on Jason's behalf. But whatever, dude. And what I meant business wise or personal wise, was you don't know what business affairs he or his manager may be into right now. I can make the same assumption that he's been with Jason in some business meeting, but that would be unlikely wouldn't it? And quite frankly, you don't know what he's doing right now, suppose he's in the UK, or Japan, suppose he can't access his facebook and it was hacked by one of his American fans? More assumptions one could make as to why he may be out of contact, what is exactly is the difference here?

So now you're saying that the hacker also lives in the exact same location as Jason. Again, unlikely.
Although isn't it likely that a hacker would know how to bypass something like that if your purpose is taking over someone's Facebook?

:sigh: You act as if he didn't state, "Jason would like to thank...", which is again, another indication that this statement is on Jason's behalf. But whatever, dude. And what I meant business wise or personal wise, was you don't know what business affairs he or his manager may be into right now. I can make the same assumption that he's been with Jason in some business meeting, but that would be unlikely wouldn't it? And quite frankly, you don't know what he's doing right now, suppose he's in the UK, or Japan, suppose he can't access his facebook and it was hacked by one of his American fans? More assumptions one could make as to why he may be out of contact, what is exactly is the difference here?

That's a generic statement that isn't even about the issue at hand. What's needed is a direct statement from Jason ABOUT THE PRECISE SITUATION. Not the managers statement about the situation and then "Jason would like to thank", which is meaningless. It's not a statement from Jason about what's going on. I thought that much was obvious.

Also, Jason's day job is a deputy sheriff in Maryland. He's obviously not abroad. There's no reason to assume he's out of contact when he was talking to fans on facebook chat just a few hours ago.

So to be clear, YOU GUYS are stating that:

Jason's facebook got hacked
Jason's email also got hacked
Jason's hacker decided to stop and have a chat with random people on his friends list for fun
Jason's hacker is in the same geographical location as him
6 hours later, Jason knows nothing about any of this because he's some sort of mystery man that remains completely out of contact with anyone for hours upon end

I mean, really? This clearly isn't realistic.

Last edited:
He was talking to people a few hours ago on Facebook chat, yet you say he's a mystery man who remains out of contact? Contradictory... I highly doubt Jason was just on Facebook chat hours ago.

Although isn't it likely that a hacker would know how to bypass something like that if your purpose is taking over someone's Facebook?

OK, so now this mysterious hacker has not only hacked Jason's facebook AND email, AND stopped for a chat with random fans, but he also knows Jason's exact geographical location and has faked it to obtain access to his account. And, after 6 hours, mystery man Jason either doesn't know about any of it because he's some sort of uncontactable MI5 agent, or does know, but doesn't care?

You guys are reaching now.

He was talking to people a few hours ago on Facebook chat, yet you say he's a mystery man who remains out of contact? Contradictory... I highly doubt Jason was just on Facebook chat hours ago.

NO! *facepalm*

I'm not saying he's a mystery man who remains out of contact. THAT WAS SARCASM. I'm saying THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THAT.

He's not a mystery man who remains out of contact, MEANING HE KNOWS ABOUT THE WHOLE THING. Meaning that he would have regained control of his account and deleted the message, if it was indeed from a hacker.

I'm arguing AGAINST the people who say maybe he doesn't know about it. Sheesh, read the whole thread before you get the wrong end of the stick.

I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

^ Sorry, I'm a bit tired, but this seems very simple for a hacker to do. People get their Facebook's hacked. It's simple as that. If it's happened before, there must be a way to do it, and usually it's not by someone close to the person when a higher profile person is hacked, so they wouldn't know personal info unless they've been stalking.

Just thought I would add:

Jason's site has changed to "SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION". I checked yesterday and it was NOT like that meaning someone/he was online last night on this official site.

^ Sorry, I'm a bit tired, but this seems very simple for a hacker to do. People get their Facebook's hacked. It's simple as that. If it's happened before, there must be a way to do it, and usually it's not by someone close to the person when a higher profile person is hacked, so they wouldn't know personal info unless they've been stalking.

It's OK. Fair mistake I guess. I'm tired too, in fact I'm going to bed now.

People do get their accounts hacked, yes, but not as often as you think. Facebook have VERY strong security to stop this from happening, as I've explained. Also, if it WAS hacked, it's extremely likely that he would have regained control by now and deleted it. Yet, the message is still there.

It seems very unlikely that his account got hacked if you ask me. Even more unlikely that both his account AND email got hacked too. Even more unlikely that the hacker would stop to chat with fans.

And it's almost completely impossible that he doesn't know about any of this.

With every passing minute, the idea of it being a hacked fake message becomes more laughable. Something as potentially libellous as this, you'd regain access and have it removed immediately. At the least, within a few hours. It's been over 6. I'm going to bed and we'll see if it's still there when I wake up.

It's OK. Fair mistake I guess. I'm tired too, in fact I'm going to bed now.
I am as well :D Long day... And this has been very strange indeed!

People do get their accounts hacked, yes, but not as often as you think. Facebook have VERY strong security to stop this from happening, as I've explained. Also, if it WAS hacked, it's extremely likely that he would have regained control by now and deleted it. Yet, the message is still there.
I find this odd, as well, I was expecting the message to be gone by now. I wish that he would make an official statement about it, but my gut feeling, still, is that this is a good hack by some angry Cascio doubter/Malachi hater.

It seems very unlikely that his account got hacked if you ask me. Even more unlikely that both his account AND email got hacked too. Even more unlikely that the hacker would stop to chat with fans.
I didn't catch the whole 'chat with fans' thing. Didn't know this person/he did that?

And it's almost completely impossible that he doesn't know about any of this.
Yes, I think he must have heard about it by now, but give it some more time, still only been 6 hours.

That's a generic statement that isn't even about the issue at hand. What's needed is a direct statement from Jason ABOUT THE PRECISE SITUATION. Not the managers statement about the situation and then "Jason would like to thank", which is meaningless. It's not a statement from Jason about what's going on. I thought that much was obvious.

Also, Jason's day job is a deputy sheriff in Maryland. He's obviously not abroad. There's no reason to assume he's out of contact when he was talking to fans on facebook chat just a few hours ago.

So to be clear, YOU GUYS are stating that:

Jason's facebook got hacked
Jason's email also got hacked
Jason's hacker decided to stop and have a chat with random people on his friends list for fun
Jason's hacker is in the same geographical location as him
6 hours later, Jason knows nothing about any of this because he's some sort of mystery man that remains completely out of contact with anyone for hours upon end

I mean, really? This clearly isn't realistic.

But yet you're making the same assumptions that it WAS Jason, and for some reason, his manager is covering for him, and issued the statement totally on his own will, without any word from his client regarding the initial claim. And assume he isn't answering his phone because something is up, despite knowing what's going on in his life right now.

And you say his facebook being hacked isn't realistic?

Just thought I would add:

Jason's site has changed to "SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION". I checked yesterday and it was NOT like that meaning someone/he was online last night on this official site.

In most cases, artists usually have a staff, or people employed to maintain a website. The artist doesn't have to necessarily be the one constructing the website themselves.

Is anyone thinking this is a stunt by Malachi and his manager to get publicity?

Post a fake confession, tip off TMZ, let it linger for a couple of hours and then get his manager to tell TMZ it wasn't real, all the while switching off his phone to get people talking.

It all seems pretty calculated.

I mean, Malachi's name is everywhere now. News sites will want statements, morning shows will want interviews. ...its big business.

^ Seems like it could be likely. Malachi seems the type, from what I've seen of him, but I keep hoping he's more decent than that.

edit: Kind of going in Michael's footsteps, though, of 'creating controversy', I guess, but he's always using Michael instead of his own originality and creativity. Never been too impressed with his music, although he is good.

A few people on different forums have said he was chatting to them just 5-10 minutes before the message appeared. In one of these chats, he was still claiming the songs to be authentic. This is supposed to be what led to him saying in the message "I've lied to many people - including someone today".

If (and again, my opinion is that it's unlikely) it is a hacker, the guy is a genius, not just for the lengths he's gone to, but talking to fans and then making it seem like the constant lying has made him crack and admit the truth, and that he's managed to copy the real Jason's exact writing style.

If I'm wrong about all of this and it WAS a hacker, then shit.... I'm gonna give mad props to the hacker lol, cos his game is tight!! haha

Now I'm REALLY going to bed lol. Night all.

^ Seems like it could be likely. Malachi seems the type, from what I've seen of him, but I keep hoping he's more decent than that.

edit: Kind of going in Michael's footsteps, though, of 'creating controversy', I guess, but he's always using Michael instead of his own originality and creativity. Never been too impressed with his music, although he is good.

...Its the perfect time to strike.

And by speculating, we're eating out of his hand.

In most cases, artists usually have a staff, or people employed to maintain a website. The artist doesn't have to necessarily be the one constructing the website themselves.
I know, but I thought it may be something to have in mind later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back