Jay - Z blog on MJ songs: MJ sang on 'Girls, Girls, Girls' remix

can somebody rip the audio from YouTube and then try to slow down the MJ vocals (or would it be adjusting the pitch?) so we can all hear how his real voice sounds?

im sure this is really MJ, but i would be interested in hearing it in his actual singing voice.. and this definitely sounds like 2001 MJ vocals to me... with an obvious effect on it tho...

-Dal

Sorrry but u talking alot of sh*t. Jay -Z is VERY talented and is one of the best in his game .. rap industry. His a legend , like Michael. Respect.

Lol, get off Jays D***. Jay is up to being compared to Mike. Jay is really not the best in the rap game. Blueprint 3 is a joke. Hes been poor since The Black Album. The thing is though, I like Jay Z, he has something about him that people just like. But seriously, if Jay Z is VERY talented, then what do we call:
Mos Def
Nas
Kanye
Raekwon

Just an interesting video to watch about Jay Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_BqLfOLnr8

^ Me too.
And not having his name on the song reminds me of how MJ remained
annonymous with some of the charities he donated to as well.
Selfless.

Interesting stuff.

Lol, get off Jays D***. Jay is up to being compared to Mike. Jay is really not the best in the rap game. Blueprint 3 is a joke. Hes been poor since The Black Album. The thing is though, I like Jay Z, he has something about him that people just like. But seriously, if Jay Z is VERY talented, then what do we call:
Mos Def
Nas
Kanye
Raekwon

Just an interesting video to watch about Jay Z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_BqLfOLnr8

Yo Yeezy, I'm real happy for u and Imma let u finish... but Jay-Z is one of the best of all time! OF ALL TIME! :p :D

No for real, you can't deny that Jay-Z at least is one of the best ones that ever did it?!
I think that American Gangster was a really good album where Jay-Z lived up to high standards, especially on songs like "No Hook", "Pray" and "American Dreamin'"

Sometimes is just about taste in music you know, especially in such personal music like hiphop where the rap often can be impersonal. (Did that make sense?)

Oct 17 2001 10:08 AM EDT

Michael Jackson To Join Jay-Z On 'Girls' Remix

Gloved One repays Jigga for hip-hop 'You Rock My World' rhymes, track due in late December.

LOS ANGELES — Jay-Z and Michael Jackson won't stop 'til they get enough (remixes).

Since Jigga rhymed on a hip-hop version of the Gloved One's single "You Rock My World," Jackson plans to return the favor by singing the hook on a "Girls, Girls, Girls" remix.

"My mom likes it because she gets to see how successful her son is. 'You're working with Michael Jackson, you must be all right; you must be pretty good,' " Jay-Z said while lounging in a Beverly Hills hotel suite Saturday. He had just returned from working on the track at a nearby studio.

The "Girls, Girls, Girls" remix, produced by Kanye West, will be released around Christmas, Jay said.

The Jay-Z/Jackson alliance became public when the rapper brought M.J. onstage during a Long Island, New York, festival concert last summer (see "Jay-Z's Special Guest A Thriller For Summer Jam Crowd"). "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)," the first single from Jay-Z's recent The Blueprint, samples the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back."

Jay said he and Jackson haven't discussed shooting videos together but said he's open to the possibility. "I'm working on my dance moves, so we'll see. No, I'm joking — no dancing. I have rhythm, but I'm cool to leave that to Mike."

The Roc-A-Fella clique was in Los Angeles to wrap up Jay's Blueprint Lounge tour Saturday at the House of Blues. The rapper opened every show on the trek with a freestyle about the September 11 attacks; one of his live raps appears on DJ Clue's mix album, Stadium Series Pt. 3.

Jay said he didn't take any extra security precautions on the tour in response to the attacks. "Faith has to be in the right place," he said. "I'm not gonna walk around every day in fear. It's just not me. It's just not cool.

"We're trying to show strength," he continued. "We're trying to show that we as Americans have to keep moving on and not harp on this. We really got to be strong. We have to keep on moving 'cause if we don't, it's not America, you know what I mean?"

Jay plans to donate money from the sale of Roc-A-Wear shirts and $1 from each ticket sold to relief efforts.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1450083/20011017/jay_z.jhtml

aw man :punk::D

I would love to hear the version someday. It shoulda been released in the first place. We don't know exactly what got in the way in terms of the legal issues, tho.
I think Mike liked rap music. Raekwon said on twitter shortly after his death that MJ visited Ghostface in the studio when he was recording the album Bulletproof Wallets.
I think so, too. Hiphop is not far from what he loved in music: a lot of rhythm to dance to. Also, his approach to making music is very hiphop: beatboxing and coming up with rhythm patterns and building up from there.

Just like every other genre, Hiphop was not born out of nowhere, it has its roots and history even though it wasn't labled "Hiphop" then. I think James Brown and MJ are 2 of the early generation whose music and dancing and attitude have elements of what has become "Hiphop." Dunno how to put it, but it's like a family tree of music that goes from James Brown to MJ to many rappers.

Last edited:
Back