Jermaine Jackson: 'Michael Would Die Over Again If He Heard What They Were Doing'

Bubs

Proud Member
It's been five years since Michael Jackson passed away, but new songs are still being released from the late music icon. On Wednesday, his posthumous music video for "A Place With No Name" debuts in Times Square, but that isn't the first time the world has seen and heard "Michael" perform after his death. At the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, a Michael Jackson hologram took the stage, moonwalking amid pyrotechnics and singing in a "live" performance.

Michael's older brother Jermaine hadn't been watching that awards ceremony, but heard about the hologram from his son Jaafar. "He called me and he said, 'Dad, did you see what they did to Uncle Michael?'" Jermaine tells Oprah during a sit-down for "Oprah: Where Are They Now?". "He said, 'It didn't even look like him, it didn't move like him. It seemed like it was a body double.'"

When Jermaine saw Michael's hologram for himself, he agreed. "It's not good," he says in the above video, shaking his head.

Not only was it strange for Jermaine and his family to see the hologram, but hearing it was uncomfortable too. During the performance, Michael's hologram sang new, unreleased songs that the King of Pop had worked on prior to his death. The same week that the Billboard Music Awards aired, an album of Michael's unfinished songs, which was recorded years before his death, was also released. And now, music videos are debuting.

Jermaine says these new sounds are completely unfamiliar to him. "What I'm hearing is not Michael -- at all," he tells Oprah. "I'll just say this: If Michael wanted this stuff out, he would have put it out. Bottom line."

He goes on to say that Michael himself would have never approved of the new music. "To put all these hip-hop beats to it... Michael would die over again if he heard what they were doing," Jermaine says.

"Oprah: Where Are They Now?" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on OWN.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/jermaine-jackson-michael-music_n_5675108.html

Click the link to see video clip.

I see Jermaine still hasn't got over not being asked to work on Xscape. And I bet if the virtual Michael had performed with the Jacksons it would have been the best thing since sliced bread.

I see Jermaine still hasn't got over not being asked to work on Xscape. And I bet if the virtual Michael had performed with the Jacksons it would have been the best thing since sliced bread.

:rollin:

Funny that he says sounds are completely unfamiliar to him. Of course they are, as it has been somewhat 20 years since MJ and Jermaine were in the same studio. About that MJ wouldn't have approved these hip hop beats shows how out Jermaine is from current trends. Yeah, he should just stick with being nostalgia act and leave current music out of his mouth which is something he has no idea of.

Michael would die over again if he knew how his parents and siblings are treating and taking advantage of his children.

On the topic, what a whiney baby Jermoney is. Producers for the most part did a good job with Xscape and why would the Estate include the brothers on MICHAEL'S tracks? Why can't he get over Michael didn't want to work with on the studio since the 2300 Jackson Street song anymore? Anyhow, we know he wants easy money but he's absolutely delusional and ridiculous.

The only thing I agree is that hologram was dreadful. Good idea but the excecusion was atrocious.

Last edited:
I do not value on anyone's thinking/opinion/think-to-know-it-all anymore
From now on I just follow my own feelings, not that they will be right, but at least I feel good about them and because I realize that NO ONE knows what Michael would have .......

Oh gosh...here we go again. Jacksons Vs. Estate Round 10000. >< This is quickly getting tiring.

And the worst thing is that, as always, they don't do themselves ANY favors. Because I've expressed this opinion before, that MJ probably wouldn't have been 100% on board with his music going out with his name on it like that, when technically other people are doing it. I mean even I got an uneasy feeling hearing "Michael Jackson the first one to premiere a video on twitter" - on one end, its like AWESOME because it really is like he still alive, having new achievements and all of that. But on the other end, its still weird because...its not really Michael Jackson. And yet the promotions kinda gives a sort of nod as if we're pretending he's still alive.

And I believe there's kind of an unintentioned undercurrent of "MJ brand continues on, and possibly even better, without MJ even being here." The whole worth more dead than alive thing comes to mind - its like they're saying we don't need him. And thats not what I actually think - on the contrary, I think that its a great way to keep his name current and thereby extending his legacy - and its all positive stuff. But I think there still is an undercurrent of that.

But despite ALL of that , what Jermaine has to complain about his the hip hop beats??? That it doesn't sound like MJ? Um??? Where has Jermaine been when Dangerous was released? Oh wait, he probably hasn't heard This Time Around, Shout, Unbreakable, 2000 Watts, or We Be Ballin'. MJ would NEVER EVER do hip hop beats!!! What is the estate thinking???!

Wow, 'maine. WOW.

Plus the hologram didn't look like MJ or move like MJ because it wasn't him and everyone knew that??? hence it being a hologram? Its pretty much the same as putting a MJ impersonator up there. Would they have flipped out if they did that instead??

Last edited:
By "them" he means some Jackson family memebers, right?

No no no, family is perfect and they do more than their best for MJ and his kids.
Its the evil outsiders that are handling MJ's matter now that cannot do anything right according to Jermaine "it could have been easily be me" Jack:sun:
He thinks he would have done better job than La Reid and Timba:doh:
-----------------
Jermaine is the right man to tell what is good music and how it should be done today because he has the most impressing catalogue of hit songs as recently as about 25 years ago, and from the man who said after hearing Thriller it is rubbish:smilerolleyes:

It's so unfortunate that MJ doesn't have a single reliable person without self-serving motives to speak on his behalf. Instead that position gets taken by attention addicts like Jerm and LaToya who pretend to know MJ's thoughts/feelings, despite MJ largely avoiding or only politely tolerating them for the past 30 years after each of them betrayed and publicly attacked him.

Jerm is the LEAST qualified of the bros to speak on MJ's behalf musically, because he really hasn't worked with him to any degree since MJ was a teen at Motown, where the J5 had no creative control. Jerm hasn't even done his homework, since MJ embraced hip hop sounds on his later records. If MJ wanted his bros involved in his posthumous music or if he wanted none of his music released, MJ could have stipulated that, but he listed McClain, a music executive, as an Estate executor for a reason.

With yet another high profile interview, I can't help but wonder how different things might be for MJ's public image if the Jacksons had put up solid, fact-based coherent defenses of MJ in even a FRACTION of what must now be hundreds of televised/published interviews worldwide they've done since MJ died (likely the only reason anyone is talking to them). During these interviews, they could have clearly stated that the FBI and Child Protective Services found NO evidence of wrongdoing by MJ and put both reports directly in the hands of the media while ON THE AIR. The "wanted-to-be white" b.s., which Jerm contributed to with his "Word to the Badd" crap, could easily be refuted with the autopsy report & medical records - same with the "drug addict" crap. But no, not this family, who more consistently publicly expressed "forgiveness" for poor "fall guy" Conrad Murray and didn't even ask for the maximum jail penalty in their insultingly dispassionate victims statement during Murray's trial. Sigh...

Last edited:
I thought Jermaine was a big star and yet he is on Oprah's Where are they now show?

No hate towards Jermaine when I say this. I really don't think he would know what Michael would want.

Nothing pleases Jermaine Jackson more than trying to take the money out of the hands of Michael Jackson's children. :mat:

I'll let this Willy Wonka meme speak for me. . .:hysterical: :lmao:

JacksonsUnitytourdiss_zpsfacffcc5.jpg

EDIT: I'll add this Mike meme to the mix, too. . . :lol:

MJhaterstotheleft_zpsc3392ca9.jpg

Last edited:
Lol jermaine is so fake. i thought they wanted to use a hologram for the j4 tour. still upset he wasnt involved and no doubt if he had been everything would be great and mj would be so happy. didnt he learn anything off jackie lol

Lol jermaine is so fake. i thought they wanted to use a hologram for the j4 tour. still upset he wasnt involved and no doubt if he had been everything would be great and mj would be so happy. didnt he learn anything off jackie lol
ha. Good post. Wake up Jermaine.

They were entertaining the idea of touring with hologram Michael, but I suppose forking out half mil put the stop on that idea. Jermaine can always start touring with cardboard cut Michael:giggle:

I saw the thread title and assumed jerms was talking about wade and co. He's talking about escape? Seriously? There's just noone out there defending mj in the media from anything important, excespt for tmez.

marebear said:
I thought Jermaine was a big star and yet he is on Oprah's Where are they now show?
The shade! :D

^I kind of thought the same now, you mention it...

They claim to love Michael so much that they haven't bothered to defend him from those rencent disgusting stories tabloids reported. But there are more important things to speak on Michael's behalf, bitching and complaining about like the Xscape album not including the brothers, it doesn't matter the project is successful, they can't be happy their brother is on the top again. UGHH, Jermoney is so selfish!

I saw the thread title and assumed jerms was talking about wade and co. He's talking about escape? Seriously? There's just noone out there defending mj in the media from anything important, excespt for tmez

Me, too. But then I was glad because I don't want the RobChuck stuff to get attention. It's not being talked about that much on television, and I want it to stay that way. Defend him if it's brought up, but I don't even think it's the elephant in the room for the general public, because of lack of coverage.

Last edited:
Oh no, Jermaine has spoken again, we must all fall in line...... NOT! Do you think he is ever gonna except that people just aren't as into him as they are his bother? It's not exactly unobvvious is it? Get over the fact you wasn't asked to work on Xscape, get over the fact you didn;t get the horrorgram on a stupid J5 "reunion" tour, but most importantly, GET OVER THE FACT THAT NO ONE ****ING CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!!! And Oprah, again??!?! Seriously, if you had any respect for your brother you would not be on that ****ing bitches show!

This is for you Jermaine. (I know you read our comments here)

If tomorrow someone were to discover an unfinished composition by Beethoven or an unfinished painting by Michelangelo do you think it would be hidden away because they wouldn't want their unfinished work to be heard or seen? No, people would line the streets for a chance to witness their genius. Would anyone say Michelangelo wouldn't want his painting in that kind of frame or Beethoven wouldn't have wanted his music played on an electric keyboard?? Michael was a genius also and his respectfully handled work should be shared with the world.

Everyone sees through you. You are trying to turn PPB against the Estate executors so that as soon as they (PPB) are legally able, they will turn everything over "the family" to be managed. I know you can hardly wait and the more you convince PPB that the Estate is doing their dad wrong, the sooner they(PPB) will try to push current executors out. Right?

I really don't know what to think about Jermaine but I'll have to agree with him on this one. We all know MJ was a perfectionist. Those remastered songs are crap!

All I can say is I love the new music and keep it coming please! Just because no one wants to hear anything old or new Jermaine put's out doesn't mean the same thing applies to his 1000x's more talented brother MJ. Zip it Jerm-man.

Here we go with the Jermaine whining. He and Randy always have to insert "the family," like "strange for Jermaine & the family," "the family was not asked," "the family was not told," "the family was upset," as though the family has a say in Michael's estate and its functioning. It is so transparent that all Michael's siblings who complain about how his legacy is handled are not working with or for the estate, and those who embrace it like Jackie, are working for the estate. It is very obvious that if all the siblings had major positions with the estate or got some money from the projects, they would not complain as they do.

Bubs yes I remember they wanted a hologram too, but when the estate does it and they are not involved, it is a "wrong" thing to do. Most likely he is on that show to talk about himself, but somehow he was able to talk about Michael and complain. Don't they ever get tired of complaining about the same thing over and over? I wish that during an interview, someone would ask Rebbie, Jermaine, Randy and all the signers of that letter, who they want to run the estate.

^^ When Jermaine or Randy says family wasn't asked, they actually mean that Jermaine or Randy wasn't asked.
To be honest, who really wants their opinion of anything? Just look what they have done, and doing, says enough of those whiners.

Funny that he says Michael wouldn't have wanted this or that when the estate is doing something, but when they themselves do something MJ related, they go on saying Michael would have wanted them to do that:smilerolleyes:

Did anyone watch the show and can we get breakdown whether the show was about Jermaine, "the has been", or whether the show was about Michael "the still is"?

I saw the thread title and assumed jerms was talking about wade and co. He's talking about escape? Seriously? There's just noone out there defending mj in the media from anything important, excespt for tmez.

The shade! :D

I actually thought he was referring to P,P&B when I first saw it.

I actually thought he was referring to P,P&B when I first saw it.

Did you really think that Jermaine cares about PPB :bugeyed
Kids names doesn't pass his lips unless he wants them to promote his rubbish.

In all honesty it sound like he is just trying at stirring up controversy in order to see what hits for his '15 minutes of fames so to speak.
I don't like to 'hate' on MJ's family, but I'm just stating my views as I see it.

In all honesty it sound like he is just trying at stirring up controversy in order to see what hits for his '15 minutes of fames so to speak.
I don't like to 'hate' on MJ's family, but I'm just stating my views as I see it.

Fortunately, his 15 minutes of fame are longer over. Wish someone would tell him this. In his mind, he still thinks on level terms with Michael's success. He is completely delusional

Back