Jermaine Jackson Says Xscape Is Just Wrong Without Me

Bubs;4010062 said:
Jermaine is getting more and more delusional by the day.

Jermaine goes on to say, “Jackie, myself, Tito, Marlon, Randy we helped build that legacy, we helped build that genius in him and to not consult us or ask us anything we have a problem with it…

:hysterical:
Who is we he is talking about? Randy and himself?

Addition, obviously they were so busy building Michael's legacy and his genius that they totally forgot themselves:doh:

That is the thing that stood out for me too. Actually I am very insulted that he says they build Michael's legacy and the genius in him. I am not saying they were not a significant group, but Michael was always the one who was the leader from the moment he joined the brothers. His genius was already in him and had nothing to do with Jermaine and the brothers.

Saying if Michael wanted the music out it would be out is foolish and shows he does not know how solo Michael worked. Michael created songs, left them, and went back to them later on, but Jermaine wouldn't know that.

He also claims it is about money, but every thing we do involves some reward: it could be money, feeling happiness, getting a product/service, praise--you name it there is a reward. So the estate should not release songs because people have to pay for them? Should they stop selling Thriller and all Michael's music because people will pay for them with money?

Jermaine needs to understand that they have nothing to do with Michael's solo career. Michael's solo career has nothing to do with the Jackson 4, so the estate is not obligated to ask them for input. The Jackson 4 did not help with Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, etc., so why should they be asked for input with Xscape. They could not even get to the studio to do their own album, so what is he talking about? I wish he would stop this foolishness. He also needs to learn that Michael put an estate in place to generate MONEY for his heirs and to pay off debts and KEEP his legacy intact. All this involves the spending and making of money and manipulation of assets which includes Michael's unpublished songs.

Jermaine is, again, just pissed that his solo career never took off like Michael's did.

Jermaine has released some of the best LPs that I've ever heard. That is where his loyalty needs to lie. The 2012 album he released was a joke. Get back to your soul and pop roots, create original music that you wrote, and stay away from the Jazz stuff.

*falls out* AMEN!! If Michael was still around, this would not be happening. And b*tchy Becky would have to have several seats! Sometimes I want to meet Jermaine just so that I can go off on him for wasting good air and space. SMH, first open your fat mouth about an album that has absolutely nothing to do with you, next pimp your 84 year old mother out to sell some water samples..as much as I wanna laugh, that is not right, but lawd TMZ's got a good title creator. Next thing you know, B*tchy Becky is gonna make his own hair care products and try to put Mike's face on them, like someone wants more engine oil in their hair than in their car engine.

Indeed! Jerm wasn't whining about not being a part of Mike's albums when he was alive, not whining to Mike about the "Jackson 5 being included" and he doesn't seem like the type to have the balls to tell Mike to his face that "we helped create the genius in you." Jerm wouldn't have gotten through the gate, unless he truly pulled a b*tch move and get his wife (because he's too much of a BB to drive it himself) to crash their car through it, ala Randy.

Jerm isn't Soul Glo Brother #1 and he's still pissed about it. Mike even wore the Jheri Curl better than he did . . :hysterical:

SoulGlobrothersMikeandJermlol_zps8866018f.jpg

Bubs;4010062 said:
Jermaine is getting more and more delusional by the day. Jermaine goes on to say, “Jackie, myself, Tito, Marlon, Randy we helped build that legacy, we helped build that genius in him and to not consult us or ask us anything we have a problem with it…

Petrarose;4012524 said:
Actually I am very insulted that he says they build Michael's legacy and the genius in him...His genius was already in him and had nothing to do with Jermaine and the brothers. ...Michael created songs, left them, and went back to them later on, but Jermaine wouldn't know that. ..They could not even get to the studio to do their own album, so what is he talking about? He also needs to learn that Michael put an estate in place to generate MONEY for his heirs and to pay off debts and KEEP his legacy intact.

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4012620 said:
Jerm wasn't whining about not being a part of Mike's albums when he was alive, not whining to Mike about the "Jackson 5 being included" and he doesn't seem like the type to have the balls to tell Mike to his face that "we helped create the genius in you." Jerm isn't Soul Glo Brother #1 and he's still pissed about it.

Totally agree about the "building his genius" part, though Jerm seems delusional enough to possibly say that to MJ when they tried to guilt trip MJ into touring/recording with them again. No one can take away from Jerm that he is part of MJ's legacy as a member of the cute boy band/family group whose recording career led by MJ began with four #1 singles, but that was really in Year 1 or 2 of MJ's nearly 40 year career. Not to be mean, though, how could the bros with their limited talent be responsible for building the genius that mega-talented MJ seemed to have at birth? If MJ wanted Jerm/bros involved in his Estate/posthumous music, he could have stipulated that, but didn't.

What's so ironic about Jerm feeling so entitled to MJ's career is that his role in it largely ended way back in 1975 when Jerm stayed at Motown to be a solo artist (and heir to Motown as Berry Gordy's son-in-law), while teenaged MJ & the bros took the big risk of going to Epic to write and produce for the 1st time. So not only did Jerm have nothing to do with MJ's phenomenal adult solo career, he had nothing to do with the preview of it shown in the group's Triumph, Destiny, & other Jacksons group albums at Epic where MJ showed his genius as a songwriter/producer, before he left the bros to become the KOP. Jerm only returned to the group in 1983/4 when MJ was on his way out of it after Thriller's success (in contrast to Jerm's nearly dozen Motown albums with weak sales that probably would have gotten anyone but Gordy's son-in-law dropped from the label earlier). Jerm was on the group's Victory & 2300 Jackson St albums, but MJ had limited involvement in both.

Jerm's huge ego probably comes from getting the teen idol treatment as MJ's cute older bro who sang a few lines on the MJ-led hit songs and the perks of marrying the MOTOWN prez's daughter. Marrying a Gordy was a big advantage for Jerm and even shook up Marvin Gaye (see below) so much that he refused to attend their wedding, but Marvin didn't realize that Jerm was going to fizzle without MJ.

From DIVIDED SOUL: THE LIFE OF MARVIN GAYE (David Ritz 2003)
In 1973, Gordy did something else which deeply affected Marvin: He married off his daughter Hazel Joy to Jermaine Jackson... Gaye said "Because I saw myself being replaced. Jermaine was a singer marrying into the family, just the way I had, and just when I was being moved out. It was all part of Berry's plan to get himself a new, younger Marvin Gaye. It's all part of Berry's plan to replace me."

Last edited:
Also, Jermaine is the one that left the group, but he is the most vocal about how Michael's success is the brothers, the brothers made Michael what he is. It is sad though, as though he sees Michael's success as his. I hope he learns that they each brother has his individual success and identity even though the J5 as a group had its own success and identity.

Well said. Imo jerm knows he made the wrong choice when he stayed at motown and hes always regreted it. hes an arrogant waste of space. hes a typical jackson who doesnt want to take responsibility for his actions or choices and has that famous jackson entitlement complex that makes him think and act the way he does.

Totally agree about the "building his genius" part, though Jerm seems delusional enough to possibly say that to MJ when they tried to guilt trip MJ into touring/recording with them again. No one can take away from Jerm that he is part of MJ's legacy as a member of the cute boy band/family group whose recording career led by MJ began with four #1 singles, but that was really in Year 1 or 2 of MJ's nearly 40 year career. Not to be mean, though, how could the bros with their limited talent be responsible for building the genius that mega-talented MJ seemed to have at birth? If MJ wanted Jerm/bros involved in his Estate/posthumous music, he could have stipulated that, but didn't.

What's so ironic about Jerm feeling so entitled to MJ's career is that his role in it largely ended way back in 1975 when Jerm stayed at Motown to be a solo artist (and heir to Motown as Berry Gordy's son-in-law), while teenaged MJ & the bros took the big risk of going to Epic to write and produce for the 1st time. So not only did Jerm have nothing to do with MJ's phenomenal adult solo career, he had nothing to do with the preview of it shown in the group's Triumph, Destiny, & other Jacksons group albums at Epic where MJ showed his genius as a songwriter/producer, before he left the bros to become the KOP. Jerm only returned to the group in 1983/4 when MJ was on his way out of it after Thriller's success (in contrast to Jerm's nearly dozen Motown albums with weak sales that probably would have gotten anyone but Gordy's son-in-law dropped from the label earlier). Jerm was on the group's Victory & 2300 Jackson St albums, but MJ had limited involvement in both.

Jerm's huge ego probably comes from getting the teen idol treatment as MJ's cute older bro who sang a few lines on the MJ-led hit songs and the perks of marrying the MOTOWN prez's daughter. Marrying a Gordy was a big advantage for Jerm and even shook up Marvin Gaye (see below) so much that he refused to attend their wedding, but Marvin didn't realize that Jerm was going to fizzle without MJ.

From DIVIDED SOUL: THE LIFE OF MARVIN GAYE (David Ritz 2003)
In 1973, Gordy did something else which deeply affected Marvin: He married off his daughter Hazel Joy to Jermaine Jackson... Gaye said "Because I saw myself being replaced. Jermaine was a singer marrying into the family, just the way I had, and just when I was being moved out. It was all part of Berry's plan to get himself a new, younger Marvin Gaye. It's all part of Berry's plan to replace me."

Well said. Imo jerm knows he made the wrong choice when he stayed at motown and hes always regreted it. hes an arrogant waste of space. hes a typical jackson who doesnt want to take responsibility for his actions or choices and has that famous jackson entitlement complex that makes him think and act the way he does.

AMEN!!! You're preaching to the choir on that TRUTH. He and Latoya are mental twins and mental midgets. . . :hysterical:

Jermaine Jackson Slams New MJ Album: ‘I’m Not Happy’
The singer, who is launching a reunion tour and venturing into the bottled-water business, says those responsible for Xscape have “taken Michael Jackson and the whole Jackson legacy and made it just like everything else out there.”

BY: DIAMOND SHARP
Posted: June 9 2014 3:00 AM

On Thursday, Jermaine Jackson will return to Motown along with his brothers Jackie, Marlon and Tito to launch a nationwide reunion tour of the Jacksons. Jermaine is also promoting a nonmusical, philanthropic business venture—a bottled-water company that promises to use a percentage of its profits to build wells to provide clean water in Ethiopia and Afghanistan—and says that the project is “doing very well.”

One thing with which he’s not as pleased: his late brother’s most recent album. The Root spoke to him about his plans to continue to heal from Michael’s death by reliving the Jackson 5’s Motown days, his philanthropic efforts, and why he’s disappointed that those responsible for Xscape have, as he puts it, “taken Michael Jackson and the whole Jackson legacy and made it just like everything else out there.”

The Root: What most excites you about this tour?

Jermaine Jackson: What excites me about the tour is that we have the chance to play the music—the feel-good music—and see the people react to it. It’s a great feeling, and it makes us want to give more. It’s also healing for us because of the passing of my brother.

TR: What motivated you to become involved with Vitá Water and use part of its proceeds to provide clean water?

JJ: Water is life. It’s life for humans, for plants and nature. Water is going to become a rare commodity and may become pricier than oil. Ours is a premium water, with alkaline and electrolytes straight out of the Sierra Mountains. We are not just a water company—we build wells. We have wells all over the world, including Afghanistan and Ethiopia. We provide clean water to those that don’t have access. We’ve been doing very well, and this has been a part of our family—making sure we give back.

TR: What are your thoughts on Michael’s new album?

JJ: I’m not happy, and the reason ... is that Michael was a perfectionist. He set the bar for vocals and performance. To have someone try and emulate that, it’s just not there. I think that they are just putting things out there, and the motivation is not the art. Michael did things because he wanted to do his best and show the world art. He wasn’t focused on money and profit; he was focused on the art and being the best. I’m not happy because ... this work they are putting out there is not representative of what he’s done in the past.

They’ve taken Michael Jackson and the whole Jackson legacy and made it just like everything else out there. When a Michael Jackson album came out, you were excited: What are the lyrics going to be? What is the hook going to be? They don’t understand this. It would be like taking a Picasso or a Monet and trying to do what they did, but you don’t understand the drive or thought process that went into it.

What was [Michael] trying to say, what was he trying to tell the public? They don’t understand, and they don’t ask us anything. That’s why I am not happy, because I hear a Michael Jackson record released today that has nothing to do with who we are, who he was ... what he was all about and his level of excellency.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/cul...n_xscape_i_m_not_happy.html?wpisrc=newstories

Is there any kind of medicine for what Jermaine seems to be suffering?
Self-importance, hypocrisy and delusion?

"That’s why I am not happy, because I hear a Michael Jackson record released today that has nothing to do with who we are"

Jermoney (it easily could have been me) Jackson doesn't seem to understand that Michael Jackson solo album/career has nothing to do with him or anyone else.

I'm sorry, just :hysterical:

I cannot even laugh because what he says is so out there. Makes me wonder if he read his interviews afterwards, if he understands to be embarrassed or if he still thinks what he says is OK? How do you tell a person face to face that he is as delusional as they come if they themselves have no idea of that they are?

Basically, Jermoney would have wanted to get all those people, that the estate uses for MJ albums, behind J5 album and use Michael's millions to promote the hell of it so Mr Jack -arse can ride to sunset with millions in the bank and feel self-important once again :doh:

I cannot even laugh because what he says is so out there. Makes me wonder if he read his interviews afterwards, if he understands to be embarrassed or if he still thinks what he says is OK? How do you tell a person face to face that he is as delusional as they come if they themselves have no idea of that they are?

Basically, Jermoney would have wanted to get all those people, that the estate uses for MJ albums, behind J5 album and use Michael's millions to promote the hell of it so Mr Jack -arse can ride to sunset with millions in the bank and feel self-important once again :doh:

Even members of the media have laughed off Jermaine's statements, for the longest time Itcouldabeenme Jacksun has been delusional, he has it all work out in his head and I don't think anybody could actually tell him any different. But the real truth is that all these Jacksons, save perhaps Janet, are only relevant and the press are only interested in them because their brother died. How that makes any of them feel good about themselves I will never know, I guess that's where delusions come into play.

Joe Jackson told the bodyguards:" if it were not for me no body would be here, I made all that" when MJ refused to grant him access to his property. All of them believe they were the reason MJ succeeded , that's why they are willing to take extreme measures to get his money. They believe it's theirs .

I read in a tabloid, family sources say the kids get as much as $ 15,000 to 20,000 in pocket money EACH to spend as they wish including Blanket. I mean who really believes that ? who really believe Katherine gives Blanket 20000 to spend it while her whole family is standing in line asking for support ???

I believe this is how they are covering the payments given to other family members ( pocket money to kids, that can't be accounted for) .

$ 350,000 each trip they take for the whole family, and we wonder why the whole family is staying at their home !!!
Sometimes I wonder do not they have jobs ? I mean how do they manage to stay there all the time ? obviously there is no urgent need for work .

What Jermaine means is 'I'm p****d off that the album was a global number 1 and created new world breaking records and I was not part of it'.

All Jermaine and his siblings have done over the past five years since Michael’s death is trash the Estate, and every project designed to pay off MJ’s debt and generate revenue for the kids. They have trashed the children, trashed Michael himself, and tried to tarnish his legacy. They have minimized Murray’s guilt, ignored his obvious plans to blackmail Michael. They sat in court and listened to the way Murray abused, betrayed and exploited their brother/son and they were unmoved. The only time Jerm and is sibs get upset and express outrage is when anything positive happens that reminds the world of the extraordinary artist MJ was without them. The only time the Jackson’s get emotional is when they can’t get their grubby little hands on money connected to Michael’s estate, image and likeness. Jermaine should be ashamed of himself and so should his family but none of them have the moral character to feel anything but greed, jealousy and undeserved entitlement. I’m sad to watch grown men and women acting out so embarrassingly bad in front of the entire world.

Last edited:
Jermoney would have been delighted with this album, if he was getting 9 thousand/month (Like Jackie) for "consultation" work, and that "consultation" work would have been similar to what he did with The Jackson's An American Dream, which was nothing but he got credits.

Jermoney was happy with TII because they were backing singers to it and got a chance to go on red carpet, but I doubt he had any say anyway, he sang a bit and got paid, thats it. Hopefully that is not going to happen again, no need for fam members in MJ solo project and MJ himself didn't include them, why should his estate.

Btw, Jermoney should just concentrate to finish their own album which has been on the works since 90's.
If he puts all that energy doing something useful for himself, he might achieve something, but seemingly he rather spends his time living in past glory and scheming how to get easy money without needing to work for it.

Joe Jackson told the bodyguards:" if it were not for me no body would be here, I made all that" when MJ refused to grant him access to his property. All of them believe they were the reason MJ succeeded , that's why they are willing to take extreme measures to get his money. They believe it's theirs .

I read in a tabloid, family sources say the kids get as much as $ 15,000 to 20,000 in pocket money EACH to spend as they wish including Blanket. I mean who really believes that ? who really believe Katherine gives Blanket 20000 to spend it while her whole family is standing in line asking for support ???

I believe this is how they are covering the payments given to other family members ( pocket money to kids, that can't be accounted for) .

$ 350,000 each trip they take for the whole family, and we wonder why the whole family is staying at their home !!!
Sometimes I wonder do not they have jobs ? I mean how do they manage to stay there all the time ? obviously there is no urgent need for work .

we're talking about grown men in their 60s, uneducated and unemployable.

The kids will soon get their own allowance directly from the estate. that will reduce the free handouts the whole clan is getting.

Plus, It'll be interesting to see what happens when KJ eventually dies a few years from now.

And the said church amen. and whats even more sickening is they will say and do anything including attacking mj inorder to try to portray the tight nit normal family b.s when the only normal one in that family was mike

Victory22;4018555 said:
All Jermaine and his siblings have done over the past five years since Michael’s death is trash the Estate, and every project designed to pay off MJ’s debt and generate revenue for the kids. They have trashed the children, trashed Michael himself, and tried to tarnish his legacy. They have minimized Murray’s guilt, ignored his obvious plans to blackmail Michael. They sat in court and listened to the way Murray abused, betrayed and exploited their brother/son and they were unmoved. The only time Jerm and is sibs get upset and express outrage is when anything positive happens that reminds the world of the extraordinary artist MJ was without them. The only time the Jackson’s get emotional is when they can’t get their grubby little hands on money connected to Michael’s estate, image and likeness. Jermaine should be ashamed of himself and so should his family but none of them have the moral character to feel anything but greed, jealousy and undeserved entitlement. I’m sad to watch grown men and women acting out so embarrassingly in front of the entire world.

JesusChrist I can't wait for the day for Jermaine to die down eventually. His face, hair, personality and heart is rotten and has degenerated anyway.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/jackson-brothers-want-to-be-on-next-mj-record_4248494

Michael Jackson - Jackson brothers want to be on next MJ record

by Bang Showbiz | 18 June 2014

The Jackson brothers want to appear on a future Michael Jackson album following the release of his posthumous record 'Xscape'.

The Jackson brothers want to appear on a future Michael Jackson album.

The King of Pop's siblings - Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Jackie - have revealed they hope to be able to work on a record after Michael's posthumous album 'Xscape' hit the number one spot recently and eight more are reportedly planned for release.

Jackie told Gigwise: ''We would love to do some recording on the next album.

''We haven't had time to do that yet, but we would love to get into a recording studio on another record. I would love to be a part of my brother's next record.''

Jackie, 63, also praised the new album and is insists he is supporting the re-mastering of more of Michael's demos and unheard tracks.

He said: ''I'm very pleased with what they did, considering what they had to work with.

''The way things came together - Timbaland, Jay Rock and all the other
producers
on that record. They made a good record out of what they had to work with, they did a fantastic job. The work they did on that record was wonderful.

''I want to keep the legacy alive, I want the fans to keep hearing music from Michael and the whole family. We want to give it to them as much as we can.''

The Jacksons are set to perform two shows in the Isle Of Man and Hardwick Garden Party Live this year with a video projection of Michael, following his hologram appearance at the Billboard Music Awards.

Jackie said: ''It is an emotional experience. It's a bittersweet moment sometimes when we are showing him on the screen behind us, people are tearing up and crying in the audience, and it makes us cry too on the stage, but we switch it around to some up-tempo songs and it returns to cheering and dancing. It's a bittersweet moment.''

[''We haven't had time to do that yet']

That's really an outrageous statement on so many levels. (the sense of 'entitlement' not least.)

''We haven't had time to do that yet, but we would love to get into a recording studio on another record. I would love to be a part of my brother's next record.''

Jackie makes it sound like they have been so busy that they haven't had time to be part of Michael's album :smilerolleyes:

In case the executors or their people reads here, I want to air my thoughts of family members in MJ album.
No no and no.
Michael didn't want them to his albums, and I don't want either.
Their involvement doesn't add anything, quite opposite, and I couldn't buy an album if there is a hint of Jermoney in it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/jackson-brothers-want-to-be-on-next-mj-record_4248494

Michael Jackson - Jackson brothers want to be on next MJ record

by Bang Showbiz | 18 June 2014

Jackie told Gigwise: ''We would love to do some recording on the next album.

''I want to keep the legacy alive, I want the fans to keep hearing music from Michael and the whole family. We want to give it to them as much as we can.''

:wtf: No, no, HELL NO!!! Mike's music is his and has NOTHING to do with his brothers, sisters, whatever! They need to do their own sh*t and stop riding Mike's legacy!! I PRAY Branca & McClain put a stop to this foolishness!

Obamamofoscantbeserious_zpsb635c28d.jpg

Beyoncehellnaw_zps62a0b5c9.gif

Last edited:
"Haven't had time to do that" lol.

Well, defaulting on child support does take up a lot of time.

Back