Jermaine Jackson's Wife Halima Rashid Arrested on DV Charge

Jermaine+Jackson+wife+Halima+Rashid+dine+out+CqURGAdPaSVl.jpg

2F4A092D00000578-3357002-image-a-58_1449890344226.jpg

Maybe this is the reason for the altercation between Jermaine and Halima. She's been replaced by the blonde in the picture's as Jermaine's new assistant. It might be less expensive, alimony could get expensive!

Or maybe she got scared when she saw the tar had taken over half of his forehead now

:hug: Speaking for myself, I have made light of female-on-male domestic violence because males are seen as the "stronger" sex and the aggressors, not victims. The reality is women can be (and sometimes are) just as violent and abusive as men.

Understandable for sure to feel/think that way.. for a guys perspective it can be the biggest mind f***, it's not even about what hurts or doesn't hurt physically.. (to an extent) but when you're a guy and you know there is not much physically you can do to defend yourself when a female is angry an hitting you.

A guy can feel so worthless because he can do basically nothing but scream stop... and when angered it's difficult to just walk away.. and no matter how much weaker the female may be.. they are not too small to bruise a man, or give a black eye.. Or leave bloody teeth marks..

It's an issue that culture does not help to teach or defend against.. Shows/movies even make light of it.. Like a wife pushing a husband down the stairs and injuring a husband (King Of Queens) and various other shows and movies.. It's "funny" so how is a man supposed to feel manly 'telling' anyone that he was hit by his little woman... Especially after how demasculating being hit (without defending yourself) already is.

Very true about our culture joking around about it. Same with sexual assaults-especially when I see them about female teachers and male students.
Seem to be so many on the news these days and they're still made light of.

Actually, good for Jermaine for not fighting back. (He didn't get arrested so I assume he didn't).

Understandable for sure to feel/think that way.. for a guys perspective it can be the biggest mind f***, it's not even about what hurts or doesn't hurt physically.. (to an extent) but when you're a guy and you know there is not much physically you can do to defend yourself when a female is angry an hitting you.

A guy can feel so worthless because he can do basically nothing but scream stop... and when angered it's difficult to just walk away.. and no matter how much weaker the female may be.. they are not too small to bruise a man, or give a black eye.. Or leave bloody teeth marks..

It's an issue that culture does not help to teach or defend against.. Shows/movies even make light of it.. Like a wife pushing a husband down the stairs and injuring a husband (King Of Queens) and various other shows and movies.. It's "funny" so how is a man supposed to feel manly 'telling' anyone that he was hit by his little woman... Especially after how demasculating being hit (without defending yourself) already is.

Thank you for sharing the male point of view. It is human nature to defend yourself, but the rules are wrongly changed when it's female-on-male violence and the big part of why that is is what you stated: the culture of chivalry at ALL costs (which isn't right or fair). I was raised to keep your hands to yourself, to treat people the way I want to be treated and that includes the opposite sex. I never thought it was cute to slap, punch, assault a man, either and I never thought a man didn't have the right to defend himself! That tide may be changing, though. Men aren't taking it anymore; they're not walking away and they're not letting a woman go off on them and abuse them. Jermaine calling the cops on Halima is an example of that. He could have easily smacked the living hell out of her and never called the cops. Apparently there was enough there to arrest her and charge her with a domestic violence charge and not HIM.

Whoopi spoke about the subject (female on male violence) on The View awhile back and summed up beautifully that women need to stop thinking men won't hit back if we hit them. Keep your hands to yourself, unless it's in self defense is my motto.

It still seems strange that Halima got that angry, that she would physically assault Jermaine. Was it on going? A lot of times the police will arrest both parties and allow the Judge to decide what the outcome should be. What was the motivation behind the assault, that Halima is now being portrayed as a domestic abuser?

600415.jpg

Thank you for sharing the male point of view. It is human nature to defend yourself, but the rules are wrongly changed when it's female-on-male violence and the big part of why that is is what you stated: the culture of chivalry at ALL costs (which isn't right or fair). I was raised to keep your hands to yourself, to treat people the way I want to be treated and that includes the opposite sex. I never thought it was cute to slap, punch, assault a man, either and I never thought a man didn't have the right to defend himself! That tide may be changing, though. Men aren't taking it anymore; they're not walking away and they're not letting a woman go off on them and abuse them. Jermaine calling the cops on Halima is an example of that. He could have easily smacked the living hell out of her and never called the cops. Apparently there was enough there to arrest her and charge her with a domestic violence charge and not HIM.

Whoopi spoke about the subject (female on male violence) on The View awhile back and summed up beautifully that women need to stop thinking men won't hit back if we hit them. Keep your hands to yourself, unless it's in self defense is my motto.

I agree. And some of these woman know it and they will use that belief to this advantage. Bottom line, if you can dish it out be prepared to take it. End of story. This is just like some women starting fights and then calling the police thinking the man will only be arrest. WRONG. Law enforcement is changing that as well.

No one should lay hands (or teeth) on another. I work in DV and will say that I'd hope men would simply remove themselves from an altercation. Jermaine did the correct thing in not hitting back. There are plenty of awful videos on YT that show the disadvantage women have when the man claps back. She's usually out on the floor and that's unacceptable even if she hit first. I imagine Jerm is a pain in the arse but biting him is crazy. It's also dangerous given the germs in the average human mouth.

No one should lay hands (or teeth) on another. I work in DV and will say that I'd hope men would simply remove themselves from an altercation. Jermaine did the correct thing in not hitting back. There are plenty of awful videos on YT that show the disadvantage women have when the man claps back. She's usually out on the floor and that's unacceptable even if she hit first. I imagine Jerm is a pain in the arse but biting him is crazy. It's also dangerous given the germs in the average human mouth.

I agree but Both parties need to be held accountable UNLESS it is proven that ONE party (person) is being the aggressor. We are humans and we just have a natural (man or woman) to strike if somone strike us as human. That is a defense reaction. IF we as women know that we are at a disadvantage with that man, then we as women should not start the battle because we will lose the war unless you are a woman who can go toe to toe with the man and willing to deal with whatever comes your way. Like I said, many women know they can push a man and willing to do so because they think the law will be on her side. Again, if that woman can not take it, she should NOT dish it out other wise she better be prepared to get off the floor. Men are not like men of yesterday just like many women are NOT like women of yesterday.

I agree. I was on a website talking about this issue about Jermaine and 90% of the comments were jokes about his hair is the reason why she did what she did and just making light of it YET if this was reverse, those same people would be upset with Jermaine even if Jermaine hit her out of defense. This is why many people make light of this issue because there is too much hypocritsy behind it. the bottom line, no one put their hands on no one who is in a relationship. Any excuse outside of that logic such as a woman should not be hit even if she hit because she is weaker-sorry some woman are strong, she is woman, he should not be so easy to get mad, he should walk away and ignore her while he is shaking off her blows from her fist, etc WILL BE LOST in the discussion.

^ Exactly.. in addition to what we've said... I get tired of some female victimizing themselves by bashing men..

How many songs/movies/stories are labeled and praised as "woman empowerment" when it's truly just "Man degrading".. Putting down someone else is NOT self empowering... Why does a guy always have to be a 'dog' a 'cheater' a 'womanizer' in a story to make a woman strong?

I heavily believe in equality - but setting back another group to propel your agenda is NOT fighting for equality.. It's fighting for dominance superiority...

I can't tell you how many songs (for example) I get so upset at hearing just because it attacks me (as a man)... It's hard enough to break down the walls of the stereotypes

I agree but Both parties need to be held accountable UNLESS it is proven that ONE party (person) is being the aggressor. We are humans and we just have a natural (man or woman) to strike if somone strike us as human. That is a defense reaction. IF we as women know that we are at a disadvantage with that man, then we as women should not start the battle because we will lose the war unless you are a woman who can go toe to toe with the man and willing to deal with whatever comes your way. Like I said, many women know they can push a man and willing to do so because they think the law will be on her side. Again, if that woman can not take it, she should NOT dish it out other wise she better be prepared to get off the floor. Men are not like men of yesterday just like many women are NOT like women of yesterday.

I firmly believe an aggressor whether male or female should be charged and prosecuted. However, defending oneself need not involve laying someone out on the floor unless there are no other options. Women are considered equal in many ways but muscle mass isn't one of them on average. This isn't a hypothetical for me -- I see the bruise on the arm or eye the man will have and then the concussion and/or facial or skull fracture the woman sustains when he decides to hit her back. Most often, the man could have simply walked away or restrained the woman. I'm not a Jerm fan but I do commend his restraint here.

....and why do WE know about this incident at all?

What a bunch of media whores...

We know about this because media people (and paparazzi) have police scanners and know when the cops/firefighters/EMTs are dispatched and where. Arrest records and mugshots are public record also. How do you think the media got to Mike's house around the same time as the ambulance the day he died? They heard the paramedics dispatched via the scanner.

You can hate on Jermaine, etc. all you want; the press about them isn't always coming FROM THEM.

We know about this because media people (and paparazzi) have police scanners and know when the cops/firefighters/EMTs are dispatched and where. Arrest records and mugshots are public record also. How do you think the media got to Mike's house around the same time as the ambulance the day he died? They heard the paramedics dispatched via the scanner.

You can hate on Jermaine, etc. all you want; the press about them isn't always coming FROM THEM.
Some like TMZ have sources at hospitals and definitely courthouses too.

I thought 'media whores' was referring to us, not the Jacksons. :(

IMO, Jermaine is tired of Halima and wants to replace her with someone else. He did it with Hazel Gordy, his first wife. He got his mistress, Margaret MAlganado pregnant, while Hazel was also pregnant. He left( or she dropped him) when he began sleeping with his own brothers "wife". Halima has served her purpose and Jermaine is going to replace her with someone else. I don't doubt that has already happened. Maybe Halima has realized that, also.

Some like TMZ have sources at hospitals and definitely courthouses too.

I thought 'media whores' was referring to us, not the Jacksons. :(

Nah, we are the tabloid junkies, not the whores who depend of providing the junk. :D

I didn't know about those scanners. Makes sense.

To KOPV:
I haven't been here so I just saw your comment to me and all I can say is WOW! So you think you're the only one who has had exposer to domestic violence? How presumptuous and judgmental does that make you? I stand by my statement about Jermaine. He along with his brother Randy and his father Joe have a history of violence toward women so I am giving Halima the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

Halima's side of the story

JERMAINE JACKSON'S WIFE I'M NO CRIMINAL, BECAUSE HE SPIT ON ME

Jermaine Jackson's wife Halima won't be criminally charged for biting her hubby in the leg, because of what he did to her ... TMZ has learned.
Our law enforcement sources say their investigation shows Jermaine and Halima were engaged in mutual combat. Specifically, they concluded he spit on her, she bit him and they fought like crazy.
In the end, cops say they couldn't decide who the aggressor was, so it's case closed.
Halima was arrested last November for felony domestic violence, but now she's in the clear.
It appears Jermaine and Halima have reconciled.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/26/jeremy-jackson-halima-rashid-domestic-violence/

Last edited:
Jermaine is just despicable.

Plus, Halima is crazy to get together with him after all that.

Jermaine is just despicable.

Plus, Halima is crazy to get together with him after all that.

She should have squeezed Jermaine's moobs and she would have won their "mutual combat!"

^^If they were fighting like crazy and the police couldn't tell who the aggressor was, why didn't they arrest both of them?
Because she left a mark? That doesn't make sense.

To KOPV:
I haven't been here so I just saw your comment to me and all I can say is WOW! So you think you're the only one who has had exposer to domestic violence? How presumptuous and judgmental does that make you? I stand by my statement about Jermaine. He along with his brother Randy and his father Joe have a history of violence toward women so I am giving Halima the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

"..How presumptuous and judgmental.." umm, I no where have I nor would I say that Im the only one that has had exposer to anything.. So wouldn't that make your comment ironically presumptuous towards me? So thank you for taking my openness of sharing a personal experience and twisting it - turning it around of me. Shows a lot of compassion.

and if someone has a history of violent behavior that does not mean that another person is not capable of violence towards that person.. The fact she was arrested for domestic violence should say SOMETHING about HER..

Picture if you were in the shoes (because you did something I the past) when someone did it to you, you're still chastised!

Back