~Jimi Hendrix~

mjscarousal

Proud Member
By far one of the greatest guitarist of all time, Jimi Hendrix was also one of the biggest cultural figures of the Sixties, a psychedelic voodoo child who spewed clouds of distortion and pot smoke. Hendrix pioneered the use of the guitar as an electronic sound source.
He turned the use of the guitar into a controlled, fluid vocabulary every bit as personal as the blues.

One of my all time favorites.

Man could he play a guitar...

[youtube]V6VGToACpYg[/youtube]
[youtube]oxk6_BLKoFk[/youtube]

Godbless you for this thread. I'm watching his bio tonight on BioChannel. Why was he called "The voodoo child" ??

I'm also going to buy some books on him later from amazon & dvds with rare footage of him. Theres afew of his concerts he did on amazon.com

he was sexy too.

p.s was michael influenced by him or a fan of jimi hendrix? And was Jimi Hendrix ever on Ed Sullivan? What about Carson??? I wanna see all interviews with Jimi Hendrix as possible. Same for Janis Joplin which by the way there should be a thread on her too....lol

Last edited:
Godbless you for this thread. I'm watching his bio tonight on BioChannel. Why was he called "The voodoo child" ??

I'm also going to buy some books on him later from amazon & dvds with rare footage of him. Theres afew of his concerts he did on amazon.com

he was sexy too.

p.s was michael influenced by him or a fan of jimi hendrix? And was Jimi Hendrix ever on Ed Sullivan? What about Carson??? I wanna see all interviews with Jimi Hendrix as possible. Same for Janis Joplin which by the way there should be a thread on her too....lol

:)

*Waits for DuranDuran to come in here to reveal that music wisdom* :lol:

You should start a thread on her, that sounds interesting...
I dont know to much on Hendrix but from my knowlege he never appeared on the Ed Sullivan show. I believe he was scheduled to appear and do a interview but it was canceled for some reason. He did perform on the Dick Cavett show a few times as well as Flip Wilson where he was also interviewed. Im sure Michael was a fan of Hendrix but I doubt he had a great influence on him musically.

Back