Joe Jackson - ALL articles, epic and not so epic discussions of the Jackson family Patriarch

Re: Joe and Dieter to arrange MJ exhibition in Japan next year? (2013) - The Lost Pictures?

Those men are shady! Dieter has said bs since Mike passed and Joe has taken advantage of every opportunity to cash in the name of Michael... :puke:

Re: Joe and Dieter to arrange MJ exhibition in Japan next year? (2013) - The Lost Pictures?

Poor ole Joe, still scrambling in his efforts to come up with a HUGE payday on the back of his dearly departed son.

It's beyond embarrassing now, it's straight up shameful is what it is, in my opinion.

But, like times passed, I expect this latest venture to meet the same fate as ALL of the other ventures before this one, i.e. belts, amusement parks, cola (LOL), books, candy, ice cream bars, Gary project, reality show, perfume (Joe must be on vacation from selling his perfume at the kiosk in Vegas), movie about his life, and the new record label, can't forget about Joe Jackson's NEW record label. LOL!

(I'm guessing that it's not worth his while to try and become part of the brothers tour, like he TRIED to do with Michael.)

So true. My first thought was "here we go again," and with the usual hanger ons--Dieter. I guess the mystery drink is not enough to generate a huge income.

angfw5.gif
Oh Papa Joe.... :sigh:

I laughed when I read the title of this thread...seriosuly that's all these "$$$ projects" from the family using Michael name make me do now. Because it's so sad...they will never get it! Same goes for his so called "friends."

Michael was joes son and he have every right.
Every right to what? Make more money with those that had already screwed MJ over bigtime.

mdiegee210;3670370 said:
Good for Mr Jackson if he wants to put some of his sons items on exhibit why not. Michael was joes son and he have every right.every year there is an auction with Michael's items for sale, but his own father can't, i don't see why not. as long as it is OK with the Estate. you go Joe.

Michael was not Joe Jackson’s property and slavery was abolished centuries before Michael was born. In my opinion Joe has no right whatsoever to exploit his dead son. I don’t know why some in our society feel offspring have no rights where their parents are concerned. We also forget that Joe would have been nothing without Michael. Joe wasn’t the one sweating and toiling onstage losing 5 percent of his body weight and working so hard they had to mop the stage. Michael more than paid his father back for doing what every parent who brings a child into the world is suppose to do. Looking out for and protect your kids!!!

Dieter Wiesner was Michael's "PERSONAL / ARTIST MANAGEMENT" which began with 1996 Launch: The Official Michael Jackson Energy Drink

Michael-Jackson-Mystery-Magazine-188713.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON Mystery Magazine (1997 UK 25-page collectors magazine promoting the drink 'Mystery' for the History tour, includes excellent glossy pictures and info).

OCTOBER 2ND 1996 - IN HOLLAND, A NEW OFFICIAL MICHAEL JACKSON SOFT DRINK IS LAUNCHED. THE DRINK, CALLED MYSTERY, COMES IN A 250ML CAN BEARING AN IMAGE OF THE HISTORY STATUE. THE FIZZY FRUIT DRINK CARRYING THE BYLINE ‘FRESH - COOL - MAGIC’ IS EXPECTED TO BE SOLD ON THE TOUR AND TO RETAIL OUTLETS. MYSTERY IS DESCRIBED AS AN ‘ENERGY’ DRINK MADE FROM FRUIT AND PLANT EXTRACTS AND VITAMINS AND MINERALS, TASTING OF PEACH.
http://fuckyeahmichaeljackson.tumbl...er-2nd-1996-in-holland-a-new-official-michael

Michael-Jackson-mystery-drink-200x281.jpg

Mystery - A new official Michael Jackson product - a soft drink - was launched. The fizzy fruit drink carrying the byline "fresh - cool - magic" is called "Mystery", and will be sold on the tour and to retail outlets. "Mystery" is described as an "energy" drink made from fruit and plant extracts and vitamins and minerals. The fizzy fruit drink comes in a 250ml can bearing an image of the HIStory statue. Mystery is delicious, healthy & vitalizing isotonic mineral drink, made from fruit extracts, vitamins & minerals; was available at the HIStory World Tour. It is refreshing, fruity; with a touch of fresh peaches gets its unique pink colour.

The King of Pop himself had a hand in its high-quality recipe to make sure there's nothing artificial in it! With help from german business man Dieter Wiesner who was introduced to Michael by his longtome bodyguard Wayne Nagin.

Mystery contains ingredients like Vitamin C and other vital vitamins as well as calcium and magnesium, altogether giving it a wonderful taste. Through pure substances Mystery has become the ideal basic drink which can mix with other drinks to create exciting new tastes. It does contain 1.7% juice along with Water, CO₂, Saccharose, Citric Acid, Peach Juice Concentrate, Calcium Lactate, Fruit Tea Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Guarana Extract, Caffeine & Flavouring. There was a vitamin mix in here too, with Vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Thiamin (VIT B1), Bio-tin, Vitamin B12, Calcium & Magnesium.

Spot TV Mystery (Drink & Magazine) HIStory

[video=youtube;y9Hos_fmQKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9Hos_fmQKE[/video]

...and so marks the beginning of Dieter and Michael's Business relationship. Since there were 25 photos from the magazine, perhaps those photos will be a part of the exhibit next year in Japan!

Hopefully this project will die a humble death.

Re: Joe Jackson in the Puerto Rican day parade NYC

LOL Joe, sorry but he makes me laugh for some reason.. and no disrespect but he dresses like some sort of 70's pimp :trish:

Interesting final comments by Joe Jackson at the end of this video...

The man behind Taina started listening them when she mentioned Michael's name, but what made him to turn around was when she was Joe is very warm, made her feel very comfortable, really good hearted:)

Suzy, Joe was talking about what is closet to his heart, bank.

Alicat said:
The King of Pop himself had a hand in its high-quality recipe to make sure there's nothing artificial in it! With help from german business man Dieter Wiesner who was introduced to Michael by his longtome bodyguard Wayne Nagin.

Hadn't realised that weisner was introduced to mj by his bodyguard. Why on earth did mj rely on bodyguards for advice on who his managers/doctors should be - they would hardly be the calibre fitting for someone of his status. It's similar to mj relying on jermaine's recommendations for financial advice.

Hadn't realised that weisner was introduced to mj by his bodyguard. Why on earth did mj rely on bodyguards for advice on who his managers/doctors should be - they would hardly be the calibre fitting for someone of his status. It's similar to mj relying on jermaine's recommendations for financial advice.

Murray was introduced to MJ by bodyguard too. Bonnie, I think Michael didn't have chance to meet new people like you and I would, the only time he got to meet new people when someone already inside of his inner circle introduced new people to him.
Unfortunately he didn't seem to have anyone there to check these people out before he hired them.

Yes, i was thinking of murray too. I just wished that mj would have picked the best in each field rather than these dubious recommendations. He seemed to have picked out good poeple at the beginning of his career but i just wonder if he was so scarred by the allegations in the early 90s that he deliberately went 'off piste' and looked for people outside the world of hollywood thinking they might be more trustworthy.

^Yikes, cringe-worthy. Oh well, it was kind of funny to hear Joe yell out "Wepa!". :D

Somebody needs to tell that poor young lady in the picture with Joe Jackson, that MAYBE she should get a new manager, because if she signed with Joe thinking that he was going to some how make her a huge star, well ah, maybe she should think again.

Working with Joseph Jackson may have sounded good, many, many, MANY years ago, but that Joe Jackson currency doesn't play well in today's market, in my opinion.

looking good Joe.

Is The Nation Of Islam Taking Control Of Jackson's Affairs?
Speculation increases in wake of abuse allegations and spokesperson's resignation.
By Jennifer Vineyard

Jan 5 2004 7:55 AM EST

While Michael Jackson alleges that the child molestation charges against him are a shakedown, his own camp appears in the midst of a shakeup. Jackson's always had a high turnover rate in his staff of managers, advisors, spokespeople and hangers-on, but in the weeks since formal charges were presented against the singer (see "Michael Jackson Formally Charged With Molestation"), it's become less clear who speaks for him anymore, save for his criminal defense attorney, Mark Geragos. Some say Jackson's manager is still in charge of his affairs, but others say the Nation of Islam is muscling its way in. In the wake of speculation that the Nation of Islam had begun influencing Jackson's media and defense strategies, especially his allegations of police brutality (see "Michael Jackson Accuses Sheriff's Department Of Brutality"), the singer's brother Jermaine Jackson told MSNBC on Tuesday that "there is some security that works with Michael from the Nation. We didn't ask them to pray. We asked them to secure him." However, a day earlier the Nation of Islam denied any involvement with the singer, insisting in a statement, "The Nation of Islam ... has no official business or professional relationship with Mr. Michael Jackson."

And on Friday, Jackson's camp released a statement insisting the singer "is in full control of his business affairs and the more than 25 people he employs to manage those affairs." Still, Louis Farrakhan's son-in-law and Nation of Islam chief of staff Leonard F. Muhammad has been seen with the Jackson camp several times lately, standing behind Geragos at a December 18 press conference, reportedly handling security at a Neverland gathering on December 20 (see "Michael Jackson's Friends, Family Gather At Neverland To Show Support"), and monitoring the "60 Minutes" interview, which took place December 25. The New York Times reported that Muhammad takes part in phone calls discussing Jackson's media and legal strategies, a notion denied by some of Jackson's handlers. Though some sources claim Muhammad was involved in brokering the "60 Minutes" interview, lawyer John Branca and former EMI chief Charles Koppleman negotiated the interview with CBS in exchange for the network putting Jackson's "Michael Jackson Number Ones" special back on its programming schedule. Koppleman told the Associated Press that the Nation of Islam was not directing Jackson's affairs "as to his music, finances and assets. I think it's primarily in security." Others claim Muhammad has been preventing Jackson from speaking with many of his advisors, including managers Dieter Wiesner and Ronald Konitzer, and that Muhammad was even operating out of Geragos' offices. Geragos and former Jackson spokesperson Stuart Backerman downplayed the involvement of Muhammad and his organization.

"The idea that there is some takeover by the Nation of Islam, someone is spinning you," Geragos told the Times. "Nobody has told me what to do and what not to do. Leonard, I believe, is someone Michael consults with, just like in excess of 25 people." "Many groups and many people, including the Nation of Islam and its representatives, have come to Michael's defense with their own beliefs and avenues of outreach," Backerman told Us Weekly. "He doesn't provide them with direction, funding or sanction. Michael's management teams remains in place." Backerman announced his resignation on December 29 for what he said were "strategic differences." His departure was immediately disputed by Geragos, who claimed he fired Backerman because the PR rep spoke to reporters during the December 20 Neverland gathering. The Times reported that Backerman left in protest over the Nation of Islam's influence. When reached last week, Backerman declined to elaborate. Muhammad was introduced to Jackson via Jermaine, who converted to Islam in 1989, as well as his nanny Grace Rwarmba. Jermaine is not a member of the black separatist group, according to an interview Muhammad gave to FOX News, but Rwarmba is. Jackson, meanwhile, remains a Jehovah's Witness. "We have not tried to recruit Michael," Muhammad told FOX News. "Nor has he expressed any interest in becoming a member of the Nation of Islam."

Managers Wiesner and Konitzer have been on Jackson's team for the past year and were responsible for brokering the FOX special "Take Two: The Interview They Wouldn't Show You," which aired as a response to the Martin Bashir documentary "Living With Michael Jackson" (see "Michael Jackson Strikes Back With 'Take Two' TV Special"). Wiesner, who can be seen in the background of the videotape of Jackson dangling a baby from a German hotel balcony (see "Michael Jackson Calls Baby-Dangling Incident A 'Terrible Mistake' "), is well known there in his native country for operating several sex clubs and brothels, such as the Sauna Relax Club in Limburg and the Sex In in Darmstadt, according to FOX News. It remains to be seen whether he'll still be on the team, along with the Canadian Konitzer, once he returns from a visit to Germany for the holidays. "These are difficult times," Konitzer told the Times. "My concern is the business side. I would like to get back to business." When the Times asked if he was being pushed out by the Nation of Islam, Konitzer said: "I don't want to comment on that one." The Nation of Islam has not always been supportive of Jackson. Two decades ago Farrakhan called the singer a bad role model. "[His] Jheri Curl, female-acting, sissified-acting expression is not wholesome for our young boys, nor our young girls," Farrakhan told People magazine in their November 27, 1984, issue. But Farrakhan changed his tune during the 1993 molestation scandal and leapt to Jackson's defense, claiming on "The Arsenio Hall Show" that Jackson was being "treated like a slave on a plantation." And during a December 1993 New York rally, Farrakhan said, "The powers that be can't stand to see Michael Jackson politically aware and using his money for the advancement of his people."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484028/nation-islam-shaking-up-jackson-camp.jhtml

Las Vegas lawyer David LeGrand was called in a defense effort to portray Jackson as a victim of a conspiracy by his associates - the same men the prosecution claims he conspired with to hold his accuser's family captive. "I became suspicious of everybody," LeGrand said of Jackson's associates. "It seemed everybody wanted to benefit from Michael Jackson in one way or another."

LeGrand said he was hired by the singer to straighten out a maze of transactions involving Jackson when he met Ronald Konitzer and Dieter Wiesner, two of the unindicted alleged coconspirators. But he said he was fired within two weeks of writing Konitzer a letter asking him to account for $965,000. LeGrand said he discovered that they had the ability to divert Jackson's assets and thousands of dollars had been disbursed to them.

On cross-examination, Deputy District Attorney Gordon Auchincloss elicited from LeGrand that at one point he offered the accuser's mother $25,000 to remain a party to a complaint made about the Bashir documentary to Britain's broadcast standards board. http://www.cbsnews.com/2316-100_162-677925-11.html

Advisor to Jackson sues for almost £40m
Published Wednesday, Nov 23 2005,

Dieter Wiesner, a former advisor to Michael Jackson, is suing him for almost £40m.

BBC News Online says the action claims that Jackson interfered with Wiesner's merchandising efforts, and that he gave Jackson millions of dollars for name and likeness merchandising rights that were not Jackson's to sell. Wiesner, who used to be Jackson's personal manager, was "abruptly" fired after only a year in the job, stating in his legal action: "Jackson never paid...[him]...for the countless hours he spent rescuing Jackson from the brink of financial disaster."

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a26548/advisor-to-jackson-sues-for-almost-gbp40m.html

^^So he rescued Jackson from the brink of financial disaster, while he and others were directing Jackson's funds into their own hands. Now we know where Michael's money went.

Somebody needs to tell that poor young lady in the picture with Joe Jackson, that MAYBE she should get a new manager, because if she signed with Joe thinking that he was going to some how make her a huge star, well ah, maybe she should think again.

Working with Joseph Jackson may have sounded good, many, many, MANY years ago, but that Joe Jackson currency doesn't play well in today's market, in my opinion.

That's exactly what I thought, but if you ask me she isn't that good, so yeah.. :fear:

Posted 11/23/2005

"On Tuesday, ABC's Good Morning America aired portions of a 2003 voice message that Jackson allegedly left for a former adviser, Dieter Wiesner"

"The message was among about a dozen released by attorney Howard King, who represents Wiesner and another former adviser who are suing Jackson."

"King represents Wiesner, who filed a $64.5 million fraud and breach-of-contract suit against Jackson on Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court. It alleges Jackson defrauded Wiesner of some merchandising rights to his name and likeness."

"King also released messages that Jackson allegedly left for another former adviser"
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-11-23-adl-jackson-apology_x.htm

"That’s the reason why I already knew that a room full of Michael Jackson pictures was waiting for me and I have not been disappointed. Framed posters and pictures of Michael could be found on every wall. Many of them with personal dedications."

" I have so many recordings of our conversations etc."

"„I always look at his pictures – or I listen to the messages, which he has left me all over the years."

http://mjthekingofpop.wordpress.com...iesner-by-been-told-copyright-jacksonvillage/

Using recorded conversations of Michael's against him in 2005, the trust is gone!

^^All those whose main purpose was to use Michael, kept copies of his voice messages and notes so they could use later. Most of us delete phone messages once we read them, but not Dieter because he recognized they would be a source of income. I hope he makes little money from this venture.

^^All those whose main purpose was to use Michael, kept copies of his voice messages and notes so they could use later. Most of us delete phone messages once we read them, but not Dieter because he recognized they would be a source of income. I hope he makes little money from this venture.

Conrad Murray even recorded Michael in a not so flattering way, which was introduced in a Court of Law. Good conclusion!

im sure there arent many pics we havent seen yet...

As someone already said... every year there is an auction with Michael's items for sale, but his own father can't?

It's his son and his own family photos. If he wants to display them publicly and show tribute then by all means do so. Why should some stranger get the money instead of Michael's own dad?

Back