Joe Jackson - ALL articles, epic and not so epic discussions of the Jackson family Patriarch

^^To them charity means we can keep the money. And, do you think Joe will give any money to his family??

Seems that Joe is becoming a 'regular' at Cannes....and also that the 'Villa Oxygen' event seems to be a regular JFF fundraising event. I wonder what they spend the money on?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013
ShowbizMichael Jackson's father denied entry at Cannes Film Festival
Published Sunday, May 26 2013, 04:38 BST | By Sam Rigby |

Michael Jackson's father Joe Jackson was reportedly denied entry to a premiere at the Cannes Film Festival after forgetting his ticket.

The 84-year-old walked the red carpet at the premiere of film Michael Kohlhaas but was refused admission when he reached the entry point, according to The Mirror.

A press release sent out before Jackson departed for France explained that he was travelling to celebrate 'A Jackson Week of Celebrations' in Cannes.

A week-long celebration at the Private Villa Oxygen including Michael Jackson impersonators and other entertainment was reportedly raising money for the Jackson Family Foundation.
Earlier this year, Jackson spoke out in support of hitting children and explained that he thought it had done his own children good.

He said: "I'm glad I was tough, because look what I came out with.

"I came out with some kids that everybody loved all over the world. And they treated everybody right."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz...her-denied-entry-at-cannes-film-festival.html

And here is Joe in Monaco, guess what....promoting perfume again!! I wonder if his old friend Julian was with him, or if this is a solo effort?

Joe, you're going to need a bigger telescope to find a market for that stuff!
Also, I don't know if the meaning has been 'lost in translation' but the accompanying article ( below) mentions another 'product'...a credit card?
Apologies for using Google translate.

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/xjoejacksonmonaco27may1.png/][/URL]

http://www.purepeople.com/article/m...e-joe-joue-les-vrp-de-luxe-a-monaco_a121779/1

While his wife Katherine Jackson faces a court in Los Angeles promoter AEG This Is It show, it accuses of negligence on behalf of the three children of Michael Jackson, the patriarch of the clan, Joseph Jackson, continues to provide after-sales service of products bearing the image of their deceased son. After South America in March to tour the show For Ever King Of Pop, Joe Jackson is in the Mediterranean ...

Last week, Joe Jackson was a notable arrival on the Croisette. The father of Michael Jackson even mounted the steps of the Cannes Film Festival with his rich friends. On 27 May, in Monaco we find the father of the star came to defend two products with the image of his son a credit card and a line of fragrances.

Announced with great fanfare two years ago, this line of perfumes badged Michael Michael - whose three fragrances Tribute for Men, Legend for women - almost did not see the day. In June 2011, at a launch party in Las Vegas, Joe Jackson and the house of Julian Rouas Paris perfumes are assigned by Bravado, a giant merchandising holder of the commercial rights of Michael Jackson. Released by the Jackson family, faces perfumer only trial and against all expectations, won in November 2012: "Nobody believed and, frankly, neither do I. It was David against Goliath." Said the person Nice-Matin. The adventure starts over again, with the return of Jackson in the case, to collect 50% of sales.

The fragrance line is born from the desire of Joe Jackson and Rouas Franck, a French exile in Los Angels for fifteen years. This has created the house Julian Rouas Paris in collaboration with the nose Joseph Rubino. Together, they have developed this line of perfumes on behalf of the King of Pop, created and manufactured in Grasse. Although he never set foot in Neverland, the legendary property of Michael, the nose is summoned by Joe Jackson to recreate the atmosphere: the juice is drenched California lilac, woody notes and earth ... 20,000 bottles were ready to be distributed in November in Sephora stores in Europe, and Macy's, across the Atlantic. Before their arrival in stores, perfumes are already available online on Julian Rouas Paris website.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/m...e-joe-joue-les-vrp-de-luxe-a-monaco_a121779/1

Last edited:
Awww. Why they didn't let in the papa Joe? At his age he might have forgotten his ticket home. I hope he remembers to take his passport to the airport. How come he still has that silly perfume? Well as long as he keeps it in another country, I guess it is ok.

OMG!!!! :eek: :p
tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
Poor Papa Joe!!!! :pth: :puke:

A week-long celebration at the Private Villa Oxygen including Michael Jackson impersonators and other entertainment was reportedly raising money for the Jackson Family Foundation.

Last week, Joe Jackson was a notable arrival on the Croisette. The father of Michael Jackson even mounted the steps of the Cannes Film Festival with his rich friends. On 27 May, in Monaco we find the father of the star came to defend two products with the image of his son a credit card and a line of fragrances.

Joe is not raising money for anything else than himself :doh:

That credit card thing is new endorsement!
1140498-exclusif-joseph-jackson-fait-la-620x0-1.jpg

There he goes again illegally using MJ's image for selling something.

Joe is not raising money for anything else than himself :doh:

That credit card thing is new endorsement!

1140498-exclusif-joseph-jackson-fait-la-620x0-1.jpg

There he goes again illegally using MJ's image for selling something.

The credit card looks cool. I want one.

I personally wouldn't want to support any endorsements that are not estate's approved or legit.
I would hate to see MJ image used by people MJ wouldn't have wanted, and make money out of his image, which he worked his lifetime. Joe was left out of MJ's Will for reason, and I personally respect MJ request and not support that kind of endorsements.
If MJ wanted Joe to be his beneficiary or executor of his estate, he would have made changes to all of his 3 Will's, but he didn't.
Thus, its a no for me for Joe's money crabs.

Me too, LOL. As long as it not just for making donations to the JFF!

I personally wouldn't want to support any endorsements that are not estate's approved or legit.
I would hate to see MJ image used by people MJ wouldn't have wanted, and make money out of his image, which he worked his lifetime. Joe was left out of MJ's Will for reason, and I personally respect MJ request and not support that kind of endorsements.
If MJ wanted Joe to be his beneficiary or executor of his estate, he would have made changes to all of his 3 Will's, but he didn't.
Thus, its a no for me for Joe's money crabs.

You can all have credit cards with mj on them and not have to fund joe's er charitable efforts. Barclays allow a personalised photo to be used on their credit cards and apparently halifax and natwest have started similar schemes. The only problem is that research shows that people with these type of cards use them more often, lol.
http://www.barclays.co.uk/PersonalisedDebitCard/BarclaysPersonalisedCard/P1242605602883

I won't mind having a card with Michael picture, but not from Joe. Where did Joe get the image from? Is he setting himself up for another problem with Bravado?

Personally I would like an MJ watch, MJ phone, MJ card, MJ perfume, MJ ipad. I have the watch so let's see what else will be made legally.

Joe's little face is showing his age now. I admire the way he keeps running around doing things; maybe that is what keeps him going.

I hope they turned him away because of his statement about beating kids. He needs to be slammed for repeating those horrible words. Even after all these years and all the damage and pain he knows he caused he is still proud of himself for putting Michael and the cubs through HELL! That old man is a mess.

^^ Joe is missing some sort of decency ship. Other people have to tell him what is decent and what is not, as he is so money blinded that he doesn't see it himself. This article reminded me of this:

Michael Jackson’s father Joe was shut down at Oktoberfest when he tried to get into an exclusive tent. The organizer's said they turned him away because they were "shocked" that he would be out partying when he should be mourning Michael's death.

Joe Jackson was denied access to the VIP tent at Oktoberfest.
The music mogul :)bugeyed) requested access to a VIP tent at Oktoberfest, an annual event which runs for 16 days in Munich, but was refused entry by events organizer Sepp Kratz because he thought Joe shouldn't be out on the town celebrating when he just lost one of his children ealier this summer.

Sepp, who has run the Hippodrum tent for 15 years, told German magazine Stern:
Michael Jackson’s father was desperate to have a seat reserved. I rejected his request immediately. I was really shocked. The man has just buried his son. It’s totally inappropriate to celebrate happily just after your child passed away. That’s just not right. In short, anyone who has no sense of decency isn’t welcome at our place."

He hasn't shown any decency since 06/25/2009 and I doubt we will ever see such a thing from Joe.

Joe Jackson is a cold man.

Bubs;3833321 said:
Michael Jackson’s father Joe was shut down at Oktoberfest when he tried to get into an exclusive tent. The organizer's said they turned him away because they were "shocked" that he would be out partying when he should be mourning Michael's death.

Dang Bubs, you went back. LOL!

I remember that Oktoberfest thing and actually remember seeing pictures of Joe Jackson standing around looking pathetic.

There are a lot of folks who just do not like Joe Jackson, for whatever reason and there are plenty.

Like I said before, they could have let Joe in to the Cannes event, IF they wanted to. I'm sure if he had a ticket, his name had to have been on some type of "list." Point is, they just didn't want Joe Jackson to be there.

Joe Jackson In Trouble With Tax Officials
01 July 2013

Michael Jackson's father has landed in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly failing to hand over $2,720 (£1,754) in taxes.

Joe Jackson was hit with a lien from officials at California's Franchise Tax Board, who claim the former talent manager's overdue bill dates back to 2010, according to Tmz.com.

The 84 year old now lives in Las Vegas, where his late son's Cirque du Soleil tribute show, Michael Jackson One, premiered to much fanfare on Saturday (29Jun13).

Jackson, who is estranged from the family, did not attend.

It has been a rough year for the star - he suffered three strokes in late 2012 and he recently became caught up in a legal dispute with Wade Robson after he allegedly made slanderous comments about the choreographer in an online video.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/joe-jackson-in-trouble-with-tax-officials_3742057

myosotis;3862302 said:
Joe Jackson In Trouble With Tax Officials
01 July 2013

Michael Jackson's father has landed in trouble with U.S. authorities after allegedly failing to hand over $2,720 (£1,754) in taxes.

Joe Jackson was hit with a lien from officials at California's Franchise Tax Board, who claim the former talent manager's overdue bill dates back to 2010, according to Tmz.com.

The 84 year old now lives in Las Vegas, where his late son's Cirque du Soleil tribute show, Michael Jackson One, premiered to much fanfare on Saturday (29Jun13).

Jackson, who is estranged from the family, did not attend.

It has been a rough year for the star - he suffered three strokes in late 2012 and he recently became caught up in a legal dispute with Wade Robson after he allegedly made slanderous comments about the choreographer in an online video.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/joe-jackson-in-trouble-with-tax-officials_3742057

:bugeyed

Poor Papa Joe.... :smilerolleyes: :pth:

myosotis;3710639 said:
I just thought I'd collect threads together for future reference...the one below is about Joe's gifts of 'Michael' memorabilia to Happyland:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...o-Happyland-owner-(Possibly-for-music-museum)

....and this is what Khang Thong Group...developers of Happyland posted on their internet site in June 11

The Khang Thong Group, Vietnam, (who are building Happyland) held a memorial gathering for Michael on 25th June 2011:
http://www.happylandmedia.vn/happyla...ng=en&catid=-1

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hBy2k1JtIA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBy2k1JtIA4

'On 25th June 2009, the world had stunned by the sudden death of the legendary singer, Michael Jackson. Although two years passed, the memories and the influence of Michael Jackson have remained strongly in the hearts of his millions of fans across the globe.

On 25th June 2011, the activities to commemorate the second anniversary of Michael Jackson&#8217;s death were held around the world. On the same day, in the Khang Thong Group&#8217;s office, the Michael Jackson&#8217;s 2nd memorial service was held cosily with the participation of Khang Thong Group&#8217;s staff and other invited guests.

Joe Jackson, Father of Michael Jackson, is a major partner of Khang Thong Group. He is an independent investor involved in the five-star Happyland hotel project, located in Happyland Entertainment Complex, in Ben Luc District, Long An Province by the owner of Khang Thong Group

Although his life had ups and downs, Michael Jackson has always been one of the artists contributing positively to charity. Michael Jackson built Never Ranch as a dream world of every childhood. This is what the Happyland project of Khang Thong Group is heading.

In the Memorial Service, Khang Thong Group&#8217;s staff reminisced the memorable pictures in the legendary signer&#8217;s life and career. The favourite songs such as "We are the world", "Earth Song&#8221;, "Dangerous" were sung by Michael Jackson. His amazing moonwalk dance and tune have become immortal.'

It looks as though Joe was wise to extract himself from this project. I was wondering what had happened to it, as there seemed to be no progress being made. it seems that financial pressures have put a stop to many similar 'tourism' type projects in Vietnam which had been reliant on US dollar investment. I wonder what, if anything, will eventually be completed.
This story dates back to April 13:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tourism projects stand still over money issue

A number of mega tourism projects across Vietnam have failed to begin production as investors are hurt by the economic malaise.

&#8220;Investors flocked to buy land and launched flowery ads on their tourism centers in the future, but what can be seen at the venues now are abandoned construction sites and destroyed ad banners,&#8221; said Ho Sy Huy, a local resident in Xuyen Moc District of the coastal province of Ba Ria &#8211; Vung Tau.

A number of resort projects, namely Tien Thinh, Mat Troi Buoi Sang, and Cat Van, have received investment licenses and land plots from local authorities, but all they have done with the land so far is surround it with fences.

The US$11.44 million Goldenwood Home project, for instance, broke ground years ago but no construction has ever been completed at the 40-hectare land plot zoned for what was expected to be a world-class tourism complex.

Similarly, Hien Nga Co. Ltd., based in Ho Chi Minh City, has failed to start work at the construction site of its namesake resort, even though local authorities have repeatedly threatened to cancel its license.

Elsewhere in HCMC, Sing Viet Co. Ltd., a foreign investor, was licensed to invest in a 300-hectare urban area in Binh Chanh District in 2008, but no work has been started, as the company has yet to finish site clearance and compensation tasks.

Money issue

Many investors admit that financial difficulties are inevitable amid these hard economic times.

Khang Thong Group, for instance, has had to suspend work on its Happyland project in southern Long An Province, which was registered with an enormous capital of billions of US dollars.

&#8220;I&#8217;m completely devoted to this project, but difficulties amid the economic crisis are unavoidable,&#8221; said chairwoman Phan Thi Phuong Thao.

Thao said she has changed the method of mobilizing capital for the project, but the solution seems ineffective.

&#8220;I have had to suspend the project to overcome the challenges, but I will never give up on it,&#8221; she asserted.

Meanwhile, Huynh Thi Thu Ha, investor in the Goldenwood Home project in Vung Tau, also said she will stick with the project despite the myriad challenges.

Ha said she had problem in mobilizing capital as other investors &#8220;were hesitant to pump money into this venture due to the economic slowdown.&#8221;

&#8220;There are also challenges in completing legal procedures for the project,&#8221; she added.

The Ba Ria &#8211; Vung Tau government is reviewing all of the sluggish projects and will pull the plug on those with incapable investors, said Nguyen Van Son, deputy chairman of the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

&#8220;Meanwhile, we will consider extending licenses for investors who promise to continue to implement the projects,&#8221; he added.

http://talkvietnam.com/2013/04/tourism-projects-stand-still-over-money-issue/#.UxTWVjfiurQ

Last edited:
Is Michael's face or name used on those luggages?
I predict that the estate lawyers are making call to China sooner than later.

But why do they make deals with him? Don't they see these deals never become realities or flop soon after production? I wonder how he sells himself so people include him in deals--is it his relationship to Michael because he does not have thousands to invest. He is not a backer in the true sense of the word, so what is making people in China, Vietnam, and the guys in Germany and France make deals with Joe? Is he a great talker, the type that could make you believe anything? I do think him going from one deal to another keeps him going and makes him happy.

It's that time of year again....Cannes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Preserving the Epic Global Legacy of Michael Jackson & the First Family of Music, the Jacksons&#8221;

Jackson Family Foundation is honored to announce the arrival of HRH Chief Mandla Mandela to Jackson Family Foundation Peace Day Celebrations in Cannes, France

To Celebrate and Honour ~ The Legendary Nelson Mandela and Michael Jackson during &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; &#8220;Peace Day&#8221; and &#8220;World Peace Night&#8221; ~ Today, May 23rd, 2014 @ Villa Oxygene, Cannes, France ~

Las Vegas, NV (May 23th, 2014) -- Mr. Simon Sahouri, President of the Jackson Family Foundation is pleased to announce that HRH Chief Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandla Mandela and Mr. Joseph Jackson have both arrived safely to Cannes, France, and will be attending Jackson Family Foundation Week &#8220;Peace Day&#8221; Press Conference at Radisson Blu on May 23, 2014 at noon and VIP Gala Celebrations beginning at 9 pm at the prestigious Villa Oxygene in Cannes, France.

HRH Chief Mandla Mandela will be accompanied by his exceptional and prominent delegates from South Africa, Mr. Hanief Parker, Boebie Hamza, Zaid Nordien and Floyd Lapie who will be attending the kickoff ceremonies for the 5th anniversary of &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; at the iconic Villa Oxygene and Radisson Blu Hotel in Cannes, France for this year&#8217;s Cannes International Film Festival Celebrations which started on Wednesday, the 21stth of May 2014 continuing through the 25th in Cannes.

Mr. Richard Nilsson, Luxury Lifestyle Designer extraordinaire and Executive Ambassador for the Jackson Family Foundation along with Simon Sahouri, President of The Jackson Family Foundation and LVH Media the creators of World Peace Night are honored to host the Red Carpet VIP Gala Invitation Only Events at the prestigious and private ~ Villa Oxygene and The Oxygene Love & Peace Sunset Terrace at Radisson Blu Hotel in Cannes.

www.richard-nilsson.com, www.radissonblu.com/cannes &#8206;, www.jacksonfamilyfoundation.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week celebration will include a &#8220;PEACE DAY&#8221; Press Conference starting 12 noon at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cannes on May 23rd, 2014, that will lead into the &#8220;VIP Gala Red Carpet Event&#8221; starting at 7 pm (19:00) with the presence of HRH Chief Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandla Mandela and Mr. Joseph Jackson, whereas both events will be attended by Celebrities, VIP Guests and World Dignitaries.

The Jackson Family Foundation exclusive celebration week events, will include UNESCO&#8217;S iSing for Change program and will honor the legendry&#8217;s, Nelson Mandela, Michael Jackson, and John Lennon during this fantastic &#8220;PEACE DAY&#8221; Event. www.jacksonfamilyfoundation.com

As a finale to the extraordinary Award Ceremony and the VIP Gala Events, Miss Rose Marie Perez of TotalPrestige will be hosting the &#8220;Monaco Grand Prix Superyacht Weekend&#8221; on board &#8220;La ellegrina&#8221;, a luxurious tri-deck yacht attended by HRH Chief Mandla Mandela.
It will be an extremely unforgettable &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; you will not want to
miss!

http://markets.financialcontent.com/stocks/news/read?GUID=27264816
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myself and Ndaba, Nelson Mandela's grandson in Cannes.
http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/n8zk7pcj][/URL]

https://twitter.com/Joe5Jackson/status/469923241654751233/photo/1

Last edited:
myosotis;4012422 said:
It's that time of year again....Cannes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Preserving the Epic Global Legacy of Michael Jackson & the First Family of Music, the Jacksons&#8221;

Jackson Family Foundation is honored to announce the arrival of HRH Chief Mandla Mandela to Jackson Family Foundation Peace Day Celebrations in Cannes, France

To Celebrate and Honour ~ The Legendary Nelson Mandela and Michael Jackson during &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; &#8220;Peace Day&#8221; and &#8220;World Peace Night&#8221; ~ Today, May 23rd, 2014 @ Villa Oxygene, Cannes, France ~

Las Vegas, NV (May 23th, 2014) -- Mr. Simon Sahouri, President of the Jackson Family Foundation is pleased to announce that HRH Chief Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandla Mandela and Mr. Joseph Jackson have both arrived safely to Cannes, France, and will be attending Jackson Family Foundation Week &#8220;Peace Day&#8221; Press Conference at Radisson Blu on May 23, 2014 at noon and VIP Gala Celebrations beginning at 9 pm at the prestigious Villa Oxygene in Cannes, France.

HRH Chief Mandla Mandela will be accompanied by his exceptional and prominent delegates from South Africa, Mr. Hanief Parker, Boebie Hamza, Zaid Nordien and Floyd Lapie who will be attending the kickoff ceremonies for the 5th anniversary of &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; at the iconic Villa Oxygene and Radisson Blu Hotel in Cannes, France for this year&#8217;s Cannes International Film Festival Celebrations which started on Wednesday, the 21stth of May 2014 continuing through the 25th in Cannes.

Mr. Richard Nilsson, Luxury Lifestyle Designer extraordinaire and Executive Ambassador for the Jackson Family Foundation along with Simon Sahouri, President of The Jackson Family Foundation and LVH Media the creators of World Peace Night are honored to host the Red Carpet VIP Gala Invitation Only Events at the prestigious and private ~ Villa Oxygene and The Oxygene Love & Peace Sunset Terrace at Radisson Blu Hotel in Cannes.

www.richard-nilsson.com, www.radissonblu.com/cannes &#8206;, www.jacksonfamilyfoundation.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week celebration will include a &#8220;PEACE DAY&#8221; Press Conference starting 12 noon at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cannes on May 23rd, 2014, that will lead into the &#8220;VIP Gala Red Carpet Event&#8221; starting at 7 pm (19:00) with the presence of HRH Chief Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandla Mandela and Mr. Joseph Jackson, whereas both events will be attended by Celebrities, VIP Guests and World Dignitaries.

The Jackson Family Foundation exclusive celebration week events, will include UNESCO&#8217;S iSing for Change program and will honor the legendry&#8217;s, Nelson Mandela, Michael Jackson, and John Lennon during this fantastic &#8220;PEACE DAY&#8221; Event. www.jacksonfamilyfoundation.com

As a finale to the extraordinary Award Ceremony and the VIP Gala Events, Miss Rose Marie Perez of TotalPrestige will be hosting the &#8220;Monaco Grand Prix Superyacht Weekend&#8221; on board &#8220;La ellegrina&#8221;, a luxurious tri-deck yacht attended by HRH Chief Mandla Mandela.
It will be an extremely unforgettable &#8220;Jackson Family Foundation Week&#8221; you will not want to
miss!

http://markets.financialcontent.com/stocks/news/read?GUID=27264816
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myself and Ndaba, Nelson Mandela's grandson in Cannes.
http://

https://twitter.com/Joe5Jackson/status/469923241654751233/photo/1

tumblr_lc9ge9dK1R1qzado8o1_500.gif

Back