Joe Jackson sues AEG Live over Michael's death

Gaiaschild

Proud Member
Michael Jackson’s father Joe is reportedly suing concert promoter AEG Live over his late son’s death.

In a document filed to the California Medical Board, Joe Jackson accuses the promoters behind the late pop star's London concerts for engaging in "unlawful practice of corporate medicine," alleging they paid the singer’s personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, to provide his client with dangerous medical services, Contact Music reports.

The complaint also alleges that AEG failed to supply Murray with a heart resuscitation machine and a nurse which the doctor requested a few days before the singer’s death.

It states: "AEG hired, directed, controlled and demanded Dr. Conrad Murray, a medical doctor, to medicate Michael Jackson, provide Jackson with dangerous medical services and to give Michael Jackson controlled substances and other drugs without providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation equipment or nursing assistance as it had promised in writing it would provide."

Meanwhile, Dr. Murray who was charged with involuntary manslaughter for the pop star’s death, has been granted license to continue to practice medicine in California.

http://music.aol.co.uk/music-news/joe-jackson-sues-aeg-live-over/article/20100618065009990001?ic

Interesting if true.

So there's the reason Murray won't plea bargain. They'll say, he requested what he needed and did not get it.

But then AEG will probably say that he wasn't officially on their payroll yet therefore bare no responsablity.

I'm betting AEG settles out of court.

BTW, shouldn't this be posted in the case section?

"Michael insisted on hiring Dr Murray, because he told us he was his personal physician... that he had been Michael's personal physician for three years," Mr Phillips told Sky News exclusively.

"The guy was willing to leave his practice for a very large sum of money so we hired him."

I am very convinced now that AEG really hired him.

I am very convinced now that AEG really hired him.

I think AEG hired him also or at least with MJ. They - according to ffs - Phillips, Murray, Dileo, MJ - had a meeting at the house on June 19. So I think Murray had to have felt pressure from Phillips to get MJ up for the dress rehearsals. Leiweke said he was informed at 12:30 that MJ had been taken to the hospital. Phillips says here that he & Leiweke made many decisions while he was at the hospital over the phone. I guess testimony at trial will be revealing.

link:
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i148e1ece59e59865bd457f8d283482ee

At 12:30 p.m. June 25, Leiweke received a call informing him Jackson had been taken to the hospital. “Like the rest of the world, we were on the outside,” he says. “Randy [Phillips] didn’t know specifics until he got to the hospital, and by then, unfortunately, it was our worst scenario. It was shocking because what we knew was he was healthy—of that we were certain.”

As word of Jackson’s death spread, AEG had no time to mourn. The company shifted from preproduction to damage control. “A lot of decisions were made between Tim Leiweke and myself on cell phone while I was standing outside the emergency room,” Phillips says. “The first thing we did was have our security close off Staples Center, shut down the production and put all of our intellectual property into the vault at Staples Center so nobody could get near it or leave with it.”

It must be remembered that AEG planned the budget to 12 million & it had risen according to their interviews to $35 million because of MJ ideas.

Odd that the contract between AEG/Michael & Murray was only signed by Murray. AEG signed it too didnt they? Or is memory fuzzy on that. I need to do some research again I think.

Odd that the contract between AEG/Michael & Murray was only signed by Murray. AEG signed it too didnt they? Or is memory fuzzy on that. I need to do some research again I think.
The contract was only signed by Murray. If I mistake not, the contract was found inside the car (who was in the garage of Michael) of Murray.

The contract was only signed by Murray. If I mistake not, the contract was found inside the car (who was in the garage of Michael) of Murray.

That is my memory also, but I don't remember the car being in the garage of MJ. It could have been just one of several copies, most likely not the only copy of the contract.

but I don't remember the car being in the garage of MJ.

Dr. Murray's vehicle was towed from Michael Jackson's home last night as part of the investigation."

The vehicle Dr. Murray was using is registered to his sister, Susan Rush.
http://www.radaronline.com/category/tags/dr-conrad-robert-murray

And this is the picture of the car towed at the home of Michael that I found in my files:

murraycar.jpg

If AEG hired him at least with Michael, then Michael was probably pressured into it somehow.

I never knew Murray signed the contract. And even if that was just a copy, he was capable of signing the contract. Why wasn't Michael?

DI, if you find out if aeg's sig was there, please let us know. That would be interesting to know if Murray's, AEG's, and Michael's signatures were all asked for seperately.

Instead of Murray's and AEG's/Michael's.

Last edited:
Obviously AEG wanted Murray to be paid off of Michael's cut, right?
So this could be the reason why Michael didn't want to sign this contract and Murray kept it in his car hoping he would convince him?

Obviously AEG wanted Murray to be paid off of Michael's cut, right?
So this could be the reason why Michael didn't want to sign this contract and Murray kept it in his car hoping he would convince him?

If Michael REALLY needed that propfol so desperately like they say, going around begging people for it, then he would have had no problem paying Murray. And I'm sure Murray would've accepted only 100 grand, or even 75 or 50 grand a month.

For a cardiologist working in the United States, there salary is around $240,000 a year. Even $25,000 every month would have beat that yearly pay. And only 50 grand a month would MORE THAN DOUBLE that yearly salary.

But $150,000 a month, that's more like a hired assasin's pay.

Last edited:
If Michael REALLY needed that propfol so desperately like they say, going around begging people for it, then he would have had no problem paying Murray. And I'm sure Murray would've accepted only 100 grand, or even 75 or 50 grand a month.

For a cardiologist working in the United States, there salary is around $240,000 a year. Even $25,000 every month would have beat that yearly pay. And only 50 grand a month would MORE THAN DOUBLE that yearly salary.

But $150,000 a month, that's more like a hired assasin's pay.

A hired assassin or someone paid to look the other way and take the fall for someone more sinister perhaps. Whatever---he was about as desperate as anyone falling off a cliff could be--coincidence or luck for the conspirators--I think not!

Well, when you add some facts together like

Kai Chase saying that from March 09 to May 09, Michael was very excited and looking forward to the concert. Happy and focused on getting as healthy as possible with the best food. Then she leaves for three weeks because of contract dispute (would like to know the details of that), then comes back in June, Michael has lost weight and seem out of it??? And says to her "They're killing me with the rehearsals, I'm counting on you to keep me healthy. Do you have my beet juice?
Will she be called to testify about that?

Add Karen Faye and his clothes designers saying MJ lost some 15 llbs (?? can't remember exactly) in the last week alone.
Will they testify about that?

It seems pretty easy to prove wrongful death because of AEG's neglect/abuse even though they apparently had someone there making sure Michael was eating (don't know if it's true though).

But in our world where Corporatism rules, I'm sure AEG and their dream team lawyers will probably wiggle out of that one also. :(

Kai Chase saying that from March 09 to May 09, Michael was very excited and looking forward to the concert. Happy and focused on getting as healthy as possible with the best food. Then she leaves for three weeks because of contract dispute (would like to know the details of that), then comes back in June, Michael has lost weight and seem out of it??? And says to her "They're killing me with the rehearsals, I'm counting on you to keep me healthy. Do you have my beet juice?

Add Karen Faye and his clothes designers saying MJ lost some 15 llbs (?? can't remember exactly) in the last week alone.
Will they testify about that?

It seems pretty easy to prove wrongful death because of AEG's neglect/abuse even though they apparently had someone there making sure Michael was eating (don't know if it's true though).

But in our world where Corporatism rules, I'm sure AEG and their dream team lawyers will probably wiggle out of that one also. :(

Joe is suing AEG on the basis of not providing the necessary medical equipment to Murray, not on the basis of heavy workload of rehearsals.

So Michael's weight (loss), rehearsals, whether he was eating or not will not be relevant in the case. (actually it might even be a reasonable doubt )

This part is what needs to be explained a bit more.

Murray says he worked for Michael for six weeks.

Thome says Murray had only been there in L.A. for two weeks. (And if I remember correctly, two weeks from the 25th was also the date that Murray signed his resignation letter for his patients.)

Six weeks is the time between Kai's leaving and the 25th, IF she came back at the beginning of June.

If that happened, and if Thome's statement is true, then Michael's health was ALREADY declining without Murray.

Why so sudden of a decline? Who took Kai's place?

But also, Kai's decription of her leaving isn't so detailed.

She said she leaves FOR THREE WEEKS in May. AND RETURNS in June. When she says she leaves for 3 weeks in May, it isn't clear whether she means the last three weeks of May or possibly the last week in May. One week out of May and two weeks out of June is still the same as leaving in May for three weeks and returning in June.

I hope that makes sense. Because these weeks between Kai's leaving, Michael's decline in health, and Murray's coming in are very important. Right now, we have Murray claiming six weeks and Thome claiming two weeks.

Personally, I don't think Michael was given propofol for six weeks.

It is VERY important we know what exact week she left and what exact week she came back. And hopefully, this will become more clear during trial.

Joe is suing AEG on the basis of not providing the necessary medical equipment to Murray, not on the basis of heavy workload of rehearsals.
So Michael's weight (loss), rehearsals, whether he was eating or not will not be relevant in the case. (actually it might even be a reasonable doubt )

Well, Joe should consider adding the tremendous stress put on Michael by AEG like the added shows talked about here

With this video and chef Kay and Karen Fay and Michael Bush testimonies it would be a slam dunk IMO.

did Michael die due to stress? Did he die because of his weight? if you can't answer this as yes then you cannot add it to your claims.

and do not forget reasonable doubt like I said. alternative reasons for his death equals reasonable doubt for each one of them.

In my opinion, Michael died because he was murdered.
All of it is relevant, maybe not in Joe's case, but in the murder investigation.

Your opinion is fine, but this is about Joe Jackson suing AEG over not providing Murray the essential equipment needed to take care of Michael. Whether you feel he was murdered, or was underweight, or "drugged" would hold no relevancy in the court of law when discussing this lawsuit.

Well, Joe should consider adding the tremendous stress put on Michael by AEG like the added shows talked about here

With this video and chef Kay and Karen Fay and Michael Bush testimonies it would be a slam dunk IMO.

That video was not last June 2, 2009. That was the night Michael was in Japan , March 7, 2007, for the "Fan Appreciation Day". The suit he wore that night was the suit he wore on stage at the Meet and Greet. Michael was very healthy then. That night the fans got a chance to walk on stage while he would take pictures with each fan one by one. I was there and it was a blast!!!:wub::wub::cheers:

Raymond Bain was there too. His suit was so cute, it was black velvet with animals all over it. You can see Raymone Bain in the back grown getting him ready just before he comes out.

The asian lady was not Kai Chas. This woman is from Japan and was his translater while on the show. He also visited a SmapxSmap show and sat down to play with the music mixer.
That video has nothing to do with June 2009. Seems Michael Bush was doing a voice over with the wrong tape.:doh::no:

Last edited:
did Michael die due to stress? Did he die because of his weight? if you can't answer this as yes then you cannot add it to your claims.

and do not forget reasonable doubt like I said. alternative reasons for his death equals reasonable doubt for each one of them.

did Michael die due to stress? no he was killed

Did he die because of his weight? it was hard for him to even focus when "they" control his every movment his weight loss drop badly due to the fact that these people broke him

That video was not lasr June 2, 2009. That was the night Michael was in Japan 7, 2007, for the "Fan Appreciation Day". The suite he wore that night was the suit he wore on stage at the Meet and Greet. Michael was very healthy then. That night the fans got a chance to walk on stage while he would take pictures with each fan one by one. I was there and it was a blast!!!:wub::wub::cheers:

Raymond Bain was there too. His suit was so cute, it was black velvet with animals all over it. You can see Raymone Bain in the back grown getting him ready just before he comes out.

The asian lady was not Kai Chas. This woman is from Japan and was his translater while on the show. He also visited a SmapxSmap show and sat down to play with the music mixer.
That video has nothing to do with June 2009. Seems Michael Bush was doing a voice over with the wrong tape.:doh::no:

I believe the news report was on June 2, 2009 although as you say the footage is from Japan trip. There were reports, Geraldo & others - that said MJ was not going to rehearsals, predictions that concerts would not take place. I had tickets so I did pay attention, it gave me concern at the time.

Interesting that so many people saw that video and now can't find it. There was an article about it too.

I don't know about the slam dunk part, but most of the people I know thought the concerts killed him, that it was too much. He would be alive if he hadn't been going to do the concerts.

I want to know more about the meeting that AEG(Phillips) had with MJ, Murray, Dileo the week before he died. There was obvious concern, I wonder if Leiweke was there. I do not expect them to be honest.

I haven't seen that vid but it's one more to be added to the list of vids that disappeared. Is there a link to an article?

Well, it's certainly was a contributing factor IMO but you're right that there's always reasonable doubt.

But this suit probably won't make it in front of a jury, therefore it's possible that Joe would be offered a settlement. Many corporates always have some kind of lawsuits going like customers falling down on their floor, burnt by hot coffee, food poisoning, employees fired or hurt on the job etc etc and whether they're at fault or not, they choose to settle many of these just to make them go away and avoid bad publicity.

That video was not lasr June 2, 2009. That was the night Michael was in Japan 7, 2007, for the "Fan Appreciation Day". The suite he wore that night was the suit he wore on stage at the Meet and Greet. Michael was very healthy then. That night the fans got a chance to walk on stage while he would take pictures with each fan one by one. I was there and it was a blast!!!:wub::wub::cheers:

so this reporters name that is speaking and works for this network is Michael Bush?

I don't know who was doing the voice over. But they were using some old archive footage for their piece.

Back