John Landis says Michael Jackson was too ‘grotesque’ to film

I don't want to say anything offensive, and to refer to Michael as 'grotesque' is rude, but the physical appearance of the new millenium MJ always sat a bit uneasy with me.

:blink:

Why we will discuss the amount of botox that he had (or had not) on his face, plastic surgery, wig.... and a lot of other things about your appearance? Who cares? :bugeyed

Last edited:
Thread cleaned. This thread is veering off topic of John Landis statements about MJ, Thriller and publically stating Michael's appearance in 2007 as so grotesque and horrific he refused to film him. The comments about procedures MJ may or may not have had prior or since is taking this discussion in another direction and off topic. Please try to remain on topic of the article, being respectful toward Michael when discussing your opinions of John Landis comments. Please do not reply to moderation in the threads. You are welcome to PM Admin. Thanks for your cooperation.

I really dont know what to say. So many ppl..including landis made a name and money because they were involved with Michael...he brought them fame and glory and so many other stuff. How dare they talk about him like that ??!!! I am really very angry about everything that is happening...so many disgusting people will say anything for 5 minutes if glory. Disgusting beyond belief.
I am in shock for the last 4 years and it does not stop.

Irregardless of what some people might think about Michael's appearance post '00 it is absolutely disrespectful and immature to point at another fellow human being and call them 'grotesque' or 'ugly' or whatever. In my personal opinion Michael was always beautiful but even if some people don't agree with me they should feel ashamed of themselves for judging another person by their appearance and to think that something gives them the right to insult someone because of what they look like. It really insults me when anybody does that, especially when it comes to Michael because he was so bullied for his appearance by the media that everyone thought it was okay to make fun of him. It sickens me. People need to look at themselves and quit judging others.

I just watched ITV's The Nation's Favourite Dance Moment. Thriller was at #2. It was a great, fun and positive programme. The one bum note came from John Landis. He talked about how Michael wanted him for Thriller because he was interested in the metamorphosis process in American Werewolf and then added to something to the effect that it was quite obvious Michael was quite interested in metamorphosis.

This says it all about this man. He talks about being grosteque on the outside, but he is grotesque on the inside.

If MJ had not called John Landis and asked him to do Thriller - NOONE would remember John Landis!

John Landis may have made som great films prior to Thriller, but his most famous work is the work he did with MJ. All interviews with him he has been asked about MJ, maybe he was angry being in MJ's shadow?

I agree. Just like Quincy Jones. In my opinion, NOBODY wants to hear about the work Quincy did with other artist, they only want to hear about his work with Michael.

And John Landis is just a bitter EX-director who can't even get arrested in Hollywood, per se.

I mean, look at all of these MEGA, BIG BUDGET movies that have come out in the last 10 or so years. John Landis' name is no where to be found. Even actors now have the ability to direct themselves in BIG BUDGET films. All the while John Landis wallows in the shadows, with nothing else to talk about, except his work with Michael Jackson.

He must be very, very bitter, in my opinion.

Irregardless of what some people might think about Michael's appearance post '00 it is absolutely disrespectful and immature to point at another fellow human being and call them 'grotesque' or 'ugly' or whatever. In my personal opinion Michael was always beautiful but even if some people don't agree with me they should feel ashamed of themselves for judging another person by their appearance and to think that something gives them the right to insult someone because of what they look like. It really insults me when anybody does that, especially when it comes to Michael because he was so bullied for his appearance by the media that everyone thought it was okay to make fun of him. It sickens me. People need to look at themselves and quit judging others.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Well said :)

Once a prolific film-maker, now a nobody. Landis is gonna end up being very lonely in his old age.

It's funny how children would never make such a remark and adults are supposed to be the mature ones...

Although Michael did wear a nose piece(no disrespect meant here, but there are pictures) Dr Arnold Klein has stated he rebuilt michaels nose in 2009. Even though there is a possibility that he met michael while he wasn't wearing any makeup(which is unlikely IMO) it is still incredibly out of line to talk to someone like that, especially when they are one of, if not THE reason you were a success. It's just totally disrespectful and uncalled-for.

^ I'd rather believe Michael's autopsy than rumors and speculations.

^ I'd rather believe Michael's autopsy than rumors and speculations.

Does the autopsy state wether his nose was intact or not? And the autopsy would say his nose was intact if AK rebuilt it. It's not rumours. I'm not going to argue and I don't want people to dislike me , and I mean no disrespect, i've seen pictures of michael's nose. Where you can tell he is wearing a nose piece in the early 2000's. That's all i'm going to say on the matter. :)

His autopsy mentions a bandage on the tip of his nose, but it doesn't say that the nose was not intact. It doesn't mention any nose piece, no hole, no prosthetic nose. Nothing like that. Don't know what Klein meant by "rebuilding his nose", but I would think they would realize during an autopsy if there was artificial material in place of his nose. Of course, I can't tell it for sure but the autopsy is the only official document we have about this and it doesn't mention a nose piece.

Last edited:
His autopsy mentions a bandage on the tip of his nose, but it doesn't say that the nose was not intact. It doesn't mention any nose piece, no hole, no prosthetic nose. Nothing like that. Don't know what Klein meant by "rebuilding his nose", but I would think they would realize during an autopsy if there was artificial material in place of his nose. Of course, I can't tell it for sure but the autopsy is the only official document we have about this and it doesn't mention a nose piece.

Yes, I guess we will never know for sure, and will have to come to our own conclusions :) I think Klein said he took skin from another part of michael's body. That could be completely false.

Please show a picture were he wears a nose piece

:blink:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

MJ claims he only had 2 nose jobs.
If you want to believe that, that's fine. But he definitely had SEVERAL adjustments over the years...

I dunno about a full blown nose prosthetic, but he probably did have to cover it up with something (based on those pics from when he was in court).

they talked about nose pieces and things of this nature...

Do you really want me to post it?

Sure, just not with him in court wearing tape on his nose, he did that a lot. Did you meet Michael at any point? So you have seen him close up?

Sure, just not with him in court wearing tape on his nose, he did that a lot. Did you meet Michael at any point? So you have seen him close up?

No, have you met him? I would have loved to have met him

Yes, I guess we will never know for sure, and will have to come to our own conclusions :) I think Klein said he took skin from another part of michael's body. That could be completely false.

Yes we do know for sure that his isnt missing his nose. That is completely false because Klein is not a plastic surgeon. He is a dermatologist he doesn't do surgeries. He was plumping up MJs nose with injections. MJ's nose was in tack. Dr Klein said the bridge of his nose was weak and to thin. He may have had procedures to rebuild or replace the cartlege at one time or another. What you saw was most likely tape on the bridge, placed there to help protect and shape it after (procedures) either surgery or injections. Much Like the picture below .. He appeared in court the next day without the tape and his nose looked fine.

• 628x471.jpg
The autopsy mentions details of tattoo's on his eyebrows lip line and hairline. They wouldn't miss the detail of missing part of his nose. They would legally have to put that in the autopsy record if it was so. But even If I knew for fact it was true. I wouldn't publically speak of it for his sake. He is mocked and trampled on enough on the outside. It must have been terrible for him to see or read those stories always mocking him over his nose. No wonder he hid behind a mask.

Yes we do know for sure that his isnt missing his nose. That is completely false because Klein is not a plastic surgeon. He is a dermatologist he doesn't do surgeries. He was plumping up MJs nose with injections. MJ's nose was in tack. Dr Klein said the bridge of his nose was weak and to thin. He may have had procedures to rebuild or replace the cartlege at one time or another. What you saw was most likely tape on the bridge, placed there to help protect and shape it after (procedures) either surgery or injections. Much Like the picture below .. He appeared in court the next day without the tape and his nose looked fine.

• 628x471.jpg
The autopsy mentions details of tattoo's on his eyebrows lip line and hairline. They wouldn't miss the detail of missing part of his nose. They would legally have to put that in the autopsy record if it was so. But even If I knew for fact it was true. I wouldn't publically speak of it for his sake. He is mocked and trampled on enough on the outside. It must have been terrible for him to see or read those stories always mocking him over his nose. No wonder he hid behind a mask.

So it was the tape that made the front of his nose look like that?

Back