Judge delays criminal trial for Jackson doctor

Who are You, Murray, anyway? It's always about you, heartless robot.

This is deeply deeply disturbing.

I heard about this last night and I honestly don't know what to think.

Whatever hope I have that justice will happen for Michael I will hold on tight. I don't know what else to do and just hope that the right outcome will happen.

All along throughout this whole ordeal, I have tried to maintain a sense of balance, trying to keep in mind 'innocent until proven guilty', remembering how Michael was falsely tried and convicted in the court of public and media opinion only to be vindicated in the only court that matters, the court of law. I tried to be...objective. Mentally I was, to a degree, successful. But in my heart, I was a failure. My heart refused to go along with my head. My heart was right, of course. It knew the truth. My head knew it too but it wanted to try and support the rule of law, the 'innocent until...' in spite of that.
But that was then, a long time ago.
We were robbed of a unique, warm, kind, compassionate, gifted man who wanted to give the world so much, who wanted make the world a better place. And the man who allowed this to happen, who permitted this to happen, the man who did this has never publicly expressed remorse or even displayed any sorrow. And now he is worried about his constitutional right to a speedy trial.

We, too, are waiting for that trial. We have no constitutional rights, in fact, we have no rights at all. All we have is love and a fierce desire to see justice done. We have had to be patient. We have seen a sample of the evidence. A verdict of guilty seems inevitable. And so we hope for what we know should be the outcome and yet I think we fear it at the same time. So much could go wrong. So much dirt may be thrown on Michael's reputation, so many falsehoods presented to distract the jury in the hope that just one juror might be swayed.

Throughout the coming dark days, (could they be anything else?) my head will have faith that the rule of law and justice will prevail and the man who took Michael from us will be convicted and sentenced to jail. And my heart...my heart will rejoice in the memory of belts and buckles, gold pants and white suits, 45 degree leans, that melting smile and that effortless Moonwalk. As always, my heart will rejoice in Michael.

This is awful. This almost 2 year delay has been PATHETIC enough. This whole thing is just devastating. I feel horrible.

All along throughout this whole ordeal, I have tried to maintain a sense of balance, trying to keep in mind 'innocent until proven guilty', remembering how Michael was falsely tried and convicted in the court of public and media opinion only to be vindicated in the only court that matters, the court of law. I tried to be...objective. Mentally I was, to a degree, successful. But in my heart, I was a failure. My heart refused to go along with my head. My heart was right, of course. It knew the truth. My head knew it too but it wanted to try and support the rule of law, the 'innocent until...' in spite of that.
We were robbed of a unique, warm, kind, compassionate, gifted man who wanted to give the world so much, who wanted make the world a better place. And the man who allowed this to happen, who permitted this to happen, the man who did this has never publicly expressed remorse or even displayed any sorrow. And now he is worried about his constitutional right to a speedy trial.

We, too, are waiting for that trial. We have no constitutional rights, in fact, we have no rights at all. All we have is love and a fierce desire to see justice done. We have had to be patient. We have seen a sample of the evidence. A verdict of guilty seems inevitable. And so we hope for what we know should be the outcome and yet I think we fear it at the same time. So much could go wrong. So much dirt may be thrown on Michael's reputation, so many falsehoods presented to distract the jury in the hope that just one juror might be swayed.

Throughout the coming dark days, (could they be anything else?) my head will have faith that the rule of law and justice will prevail and the man who took Michael from us will be convicted and sentenced to jail. And my heart...my heart will rejoice in the memory of belts and buckles, gold pants and white suits, 45 degree leans, that melting smile and that effortless Moonwalk. As always, my heart will rejoice in Michael.

This is a wonderful post but you made me cry:(

Yesterday I was thinking a lot about Michael. Suddenly...all those feelings of 25.6 came back to me. I remember how I was standing and shaking and almost fainted and my heart was beating like crazy. I could not believe what I was hearing. Few weeks everything was about Michael...TV, newspapers , everybody was talking about him.
Then..it suddenly began to fade...and the world kept on moving. And now, almost 2 years later...what do we have ?! I don"t here anything on TV, anything. Still tabloid crap. Presenting Murray like a good man who just made a MISTAKE.
The world DOES NOT recognize the loos. Not really. That breaks my heart every day.
For those lawyers - that is just a job, just another case.
I am also trying to be objective..but that is hard, because Michael was a amazing human being who did not deserve all of this. He gave himself...his caring...his desire to make this world a better place for everyone.Why don"t people see that ?

Well when I first read this thread title I thought what the heck? But now I see this delay will be good for the pros and good for us. Justice will come and it will be a longtime coming for Michael. I am feeling quite hopeful.

Well when I first read this thread title I thought what the heck? But now I see this delay will be good for the pros and good for us. Justice will come and it will be a longtime coming for Michael. I am feeling quite hopeful.

I will try to remain positive myself

I love this, I too believe Murray will go to jail, yet, as much as I would like to believe without a doubt, that bit is hard. I would also love to say when he goes to jail that justice was done, but that could never be, with a charge of IVM. I'd like to say well at least he (Murray) has got to live with this for the rest of his life, but of course, he won't even do that because he's a heartless thing who only cares for himself.
Like you cinzia, my heart and head are inseperable on this one.

Huh? :wtf: May 9????? :doh:

Yeah that's the sad part; it is so close to June. I wanted this thing to be over way before June hits. I had intended to really enjoy his birthday this year; well we will see what happens. Maybe the trial will only be for 4 weeks.

Yeah that's the sad part; it is so close to June. I wanted this thing to be over way before June hits. I had intended to really enjoy his birthday this year; well we will see what happens. Maybe the trial will only be for 4 weeks.
I was hoping all this would be over before June to...preferably before the 25th...hopefully Murray will get the full 4 years...that is NOWHERE near enough time. Michael;s WHOLE life is only 4 years in prison for Murray...disgusting...:(

Yes, ^^I am also hoping that if there are appropriate stipulations so that there is a limit to the irrelevant testimony, the trial will not last long. We know that the Defense will try to bring out a lot of facts that have nothing to do with the case. Why else did they bring this new lawyer on board? Unless they want to psych out the Proc to make them feel uneasy about what the lawyer knows. The Proc, if they are alert, will force the defense to stay with the facts and the judge will make sure that the rules of evidence and proper court procedure is carried out. However, only 4 years for taking someone's life--accidental or not is so unfair.

they say it will last around 6 weeks

Yes, ^^I am also hoping that if there are appropriate stipulations so that there is a limit to the irrelevant testimony, the trial will not last long. We know that the Defense will try to bring out a lot of facts that have nothing to do with the case. Why else did they bring this new lawyer on board? Unless they want to psych out the Proc to make them feel uneasy about what the lawyer knows. The Proc, if they are alert, will force the defense to stay with the facts and the judge will make sure that the rules of evidence and proper court procedure is carried out. However, only 4 years for taking someone's life--accidental or not is so unfair.

yeah the judge is gonna have a big say and the pros need to fight to keep out irrelvent info from the defence. and murray wont even et 4 years. get 4 u only serve around half

they say it will last around 6 weeks

yeah the judge is gonna have a big say and the pros need to fight to keep out irrelvent info from the defence. and murray wont even et 4 years. get 4 u only serve around half

and that is the sad part..he takes a mans life and will be lucky if he serves half the sentence....thats just ludicrous. To me that is not justice..:sigh:

[/B]
and that is the sad part..he takes a mans life and will be lucky if he serves half the sentence....thats just ludicrous. To me that is not justice..:sigh:

yes, I agree with you:agree:. I am unsure if there will be any justice for MJ. :mat::angry:

Back