Just in: MJ Tribute in Vienna postponed to mid-2010 in London

It's just me personally, but Chris is one of the guys right at the top of my list of performers I wanna see at an MJ tribute. To me, he is a modern day michael Jackson. As I said before, nowhere near the sheer talent that Michael had (I don't ever think that attention to the rhythm and beat of the music will be replicated), but in alot of CB songs you hear alot of Michael. Not so much the hip hop ones, but the more pop-based tracks like Forever and With You.

So I'd love to see him do Billie Jean and/or Thriller at the tribute. I've seen him do those two covers live twice, he loves doing them and has obviously spent time trying to duplicate some of Michaels main moves. With Usher and Timberlake, we don't really have the benefit of knowing how well they can pull of an MJ dance routine, they never do it. I guess those two are more rhythmic in their dancing whereas Chris is more body-popping and flips. But no Id just love to see what Chris could put together for an organized MJ tribute, usually his Thriller and Billie Jean sets are pretty rushed.

On Chris' personal stuff, it wouldn't stop me involving him. Michael Jackson fans should know better than anyone that we don't have the benefit of knowing exactly what happened in star's private lives, so I won't comment. You can never ever ever trust the press. If he really did do what reports have said he did, then I hope he gets what's coming to him, but noone knows exactly what happened, just likely noone knows for sure what happnened in Michael's situations.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a special lineup next summer. Something along the lines of Stevie, Usher, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Whitney, Chris Tucker somehow, Lionel Richie, and I hope to god that the brothers and Janet perform.

This is a good decision, it gives us something for next year to wait for.

That means bad press for Mike while the beatles have a very good press they are seling huge numbers and with the help of the good press they might outsell MJ 2009.
Not good at all!!

Arty are you a great fan of the Beetles? I have noticed some of your posts l really dont know what to make out of them. Its only that l feel at times you side too much with the beetles...

It's just me personally, but Chris is one of the guys right at the top of my list of performers I wanna see at an MJ tribute. To me, he is a modern day michael Jackson. As I said before, nowhere near the sheer talent that Michael had (I don't ever think that attention to the rhythm and beat of the music will be replicated), but in alot of CB songs you hear alot of Michael. Not so much the hip hop ones, but the more pop-based tracks like Forever and With You.

So I'd love to see him do Billie Jean and/or Thriller at the tribute. I've seen him do those two covers live twice, he loves doing them and has obviously spent time trying to duplicate some of Michaels main moves. With Usher and Timberlake, we don't really have the benefit of knowing how well they can pull of an MJ dance routine, they never do it. I guess those two are more rhythmic in their dancing whereas Chris is more body-popping and flips. But no Id just love to see what Chris could put together for an organized MJ tribute, usually his Thriller and Billie Jean sets are pretty rushed.

On Chris' personal stuff, it wouldn't stop me involving him. Michael Jackson fans should know better than anyone that we don't have the benefit of knowing exactly what happened in star's private lives, so I won't comment. You can never ever ever trust the press. If he really did do what reports have said he did, then I hope he gets what's coming to him, but noone knows exactly what happened, just likely noone knows for sure what happnened in Michael's situations.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a special lineup next summer. Something along the lines of Stevie, Usher, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Whitney, Chris Tucker somehow, Lionel Richie, and I hope to god that the brothers and Janet perform.

Good spoken! :)

Oh Jermaine, Jermaine, Jermaine. I love you but you're such a douche.

2009 is not the year to have a tribute concert anyway. 2009 is the year of mourning. 2010 is the year we celebrate MJ the RIGHT way.

I totally agree. The emotions are still to raw right now and one more thing like this will put it over the top. We need to mourn and hopefully one day heal ...if any of us really can ever...

stop acting like it's gonna happen . they said it would happen in London to save jermaine's face . IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN . watch and see.

Hmmm...I don't want to agree with you, but I dunno....:ph34r:

I'm happy it got canceled. This tribute was poorly planned and too much bad press shadowing a tribute to Michael.

I hope and pray that a proper tribute to Michael will happen one day. BUT not one that is planned by Jermaine. . . . . pretty please!!!

I'd love for Suzanne de Passe to have a go with it. She produced Motown 25 and she has a close connection to Michael. Plus, she's respected by the music industry.

You have a point. I think the odds of this actually happening in a professional and proper way might increase if someone like Suzanne was involved or in charge. She has lots of experience in pulling together productions of such magnitude. Perhaps Jermaine can assist in the background, but leave the work to ppl who know what they are doing in rounding up talent and getting them to commit. I think Jermaine lost some credibility in announcing artists whose participation hadn't been confirmed for certain. It looks shady...not to mention the fine print on the website claiming no guarantees. I mean come on, now.

I feel terrible for fans who lost money on flights and hotels on this, too. 2009 has not been kind to MJ fans. :(

breaking news, live from austrian radio: the tribute 2009 will be
cancelled, there will be a new tribute mid-2010 in wembley, london.

40,000 tix had already been sold, will be refunded.

just in from the press-conference right now in vienna.

Just as we felt, it's too soon.
A tribute of the magnitude that Jermaine is trying to organise needs time.

Back