Just in: MJ Tribute in Vienna postponed to mid-2010 in London

the problem is the jacksons think they should be the center of the event not mj alone , they refuse to accept the reality that nobody cares about them , nobody cared about them in the first place . the period when mj went global had nothing to do with the jacksons. something they seem to forget or want to forget . they have no real contacts in the music business , they are like Mark lester enjoying the spotlight , they can't believe they are "in" again , and they are terrified that it won't last .

lool i work at wembley stadium! look like i wont be workin that evenin =)

I really dont know what to say all i can say is wembly is michaels home :( xxx

Ditto that :cry: I will definately be trying to get tickets now it's in London, but at the same time it is too sad for me, and I'm sure everyone else...the last time I was at Wembley stadium was when I saw Michael in 97' :weeping:

stop acting like it's gonna happen . they said it would happen in London to save jermaine's face . IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN . watch and see.

I'm happy it got canceled. This tribute was poorly planned and too much bad press shadowing a tribute to Michael.

I hope and pray that a proper tribute to Michael will happen one day. BUT not one that is planned by Jermaine. . . . . pretty please!!!

I'd love for Suzanne de Passe to have a go with it. She produced Motown 25 and she has a close connection to Michael. Plus, she's respected by the music industry.

stop acting like it's gonna happen . they said it would happen in London to save jermaine's face . IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN . watch and see.

I think you're right about this. If Jermaine couldn't get major artists to participate in the Vienna show, I don't see how he could get them in the future? I mean, why WOULD it be different?

Just wait, and watch, I guess.

Oh jeez...I'm sorry for those who bought flights, hotels. That's really irresponsible of them to do that knowing people would be travelling from afar. London is an hour and a half away from me, but it'd have to be a bloody good lineup for me to wanna go.

And that Chris Brown...what the hell was he thinking about? Other artists, particularly female artists must have been surprised, I guess. Totally unprofessional. I guess I will watch Wembley (if it ever happens) on TV.

I think you're right about this. If Jermaine couldn't get major artists to participate in the Vienna show, I don't see how he could get them in the future? I mean, why WOULD it be different?

Just wait, and watch, I guess.

But I think some kind of decent tribute show is needed... :(
Who's gonna do it?
And If Jermaine keeps on placing himelf as the main organiser of such event
then others (who?) are prevented from doing this.

i'm sorry but i don't wanna hear anyone singing mj's songs, i would rather watch a video of mj performing them himself. ugh :(

June 2010? And let me guess.....somewhere around May he will annouce that the Tribute will be postponed to August 2010?

Michael should have tribute concerts in 100,000 seater stadiums on every concert simultaniousy with artists who are legandary in thier own right.

Anything short of that is an injustice to the legend that is Michael

I am glad this little swaray has been canceled as its for the best given haphazzard way in which this was being organised.

Let me tell you, do not fuck with MJ's global legacy to do any other that what I have said above will be nothing short of what he deserves.

Exactly, just who's gonna do this?
And if Jermaine's stubborn to be in the spothlight as the organiser
I would be afraid people (who?) just refrain from doing something proper and decent.

Ditto that :cry: I will definately be trying to get tickets now it's in London, but at the same time it is too sad for me, and I'm sure everyone else...the last time I was at Wembley stadium was when I saw Michael in 97' :weeping:

Me to hun i was there 1997 big huggles dont know weather i could go or not,im such a mess but big hugs again :cry: xxx

Thank God they now got time to give Michael the sendoff he deserves. Freddie Mercury got a huge one with alot of big big names, everyone wanted to be a part of it. If it's in Wembeley an next Summer, there's no excuse for every big name not to be signed on to perform. As long as they're given notice, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Michael was the best, and he should get the biggest sendoff we've ever seen.

The perfect tribute for Michael would be to mix the young with the old. You need the young guys to do Billie Jean, Thriller, Smooth Criminal etc. Usher is the best man for the job there, great dancer and I can see why he'd miss it if he's free for one night. Justin Timberlake is the other guy who can bust some moves, there was talk of him appearing at one of these shows.

And on Chris Brown, he's this generations Michael.nowhere close to being as talneted as Michael, but he's still the closest thing to a young Mike. He's a street dancer, but to say he's a bad dancer is dumb, he can move and I'd love to see him at this gig.

I think it was always a big ask to organise with such little time. Now hopefully next year will see the big names come out in force and make Michael smile.

I knew this tribute concert was never going to happen. I'm glad that it's cancelled for now until next year because there will be more TIME to plan a great and proper tribute for one of the greatest, hell, THE greatest entertainer that ever lived. I personally do not like the idea of hearing other people sing MJ's songs, but if such a concert is going to be done, I don't want to see any f*ck ups. So this cancellation is for the best. I'm sorry though for all those fans who already paid for their tickets, trips to Vienna. I know I'd be pissed too.

And on Chris Brown, he's this generations Michael.nowhere close to being as talneted as Michael, but he's still the closest thing to a young Mike. He's a street dancer, but to say he's a bad dancer is dumb, he can move and I'd love to see him at this gig.

As much as I strongly dislike Chris Brown, I do applaud him on some of his dancing skills so I'll agree with you on that. But this generation's MJ? Nah. Don't agree with that one. Sorry.

Re: Chris Brown, be a good human being before a good dancer. Learn from Michael. He gave so much love and joy, that is why he is loved and respected. Chris has to learn what Michael's legacy means; work hard, and earn the respect to be a part of the tribute, in my opinion.

Re: Chris Brown, be a good human being before a good dancer. Learn from Michael. He gave so much love and joy, that is why he is loved and respected. Chris has to learn what Michael's legacy means; work hard, and earn the respect to be a part of the tribute, in my opinion.

And I respect your opinion. :) But I didn't start disliking him after the whole abuse incident like a lot of people have. I disliked him WAY before any of that happen. I just never really liked him as a performer for some reason. He just bugs me. I don't know why. That's all. But I don't mind Usher or Justin Timberlake doing something.

breaking news, live from austrian radio: the tribute 2009 will be cancelled, there will be a new tribute mid-2010 in wembley, london.

40,000 tix had already been sold, will be refunded.

just in from the press-conference right now in vienna.

I am glad the date has been moved and I hope Jermaine is not organising the London concert in 2010. It will be a nice tribute to Michael provided it is organised properly.

Julia

Michael should have tribute concerts in 100,000 seater stadiums on every continent simultaniousy with artists who are legandary in thier own right.

Anything short of that is an injustice to the legend that is Michael

I am glad this little swaray has been canceled as its for the best given the haphazzard way in which this was being organised.

Let me tell you, do not fuck with MJ's global legacy to do any other that what I have said above will be nothing short of what he deserves.

I agree.

Something that benefits the charities that he worked so hard to look after. I'm sure most continents would find a way of honouring MJ the correct way.

Oh jadore, that's horrible that you lost so much money! And the same goes for anyone else who lost out now that the tribute is going to be moved to London. Sigh... While the tribute being in London and Wembley stadium has its obvious upsides, I think this was a tremendous public relations failure on Jermaine's part. Somehow I feel bad for Michael too, though I think it's probably better this way. I don't know... Hopefully the current plans for London don't fall through as well.

Well, I've been waiting for this announcemount since I heard Jermaine was organising it.
I'm glad that the tribute will be in London next year because it seems to be a much better place for it, but I understand the disappointment of the people who had already bought tickets (particularly those living in Vienna).
Hopefully with so much time between now and June next year the show will include the right kind of artists to celebrate Mike. the show needs to include the biggest artists past and present!

I wonder if Jermaine's checked with Wembley that they are free? LOL
I hope Jermaine has nothing to do with it!

:yes:

Jermaine Jackson is a fraud and phony.Whenever michael is headline news around the world jermaine sees career opportunies.During our grief and sorrow about michael untimely passing family and friends were wondering how long it would take transparent jermaine to appear before the cameras.Jermaine never got over the fact that michael replace him as lead singer of the J5.And firmly believes that all of micheal's success should have been his.Delusional jermaine does not realise in a zillion lifetimes he will never come close to having michael's talent or charisma.

Back