Justin Bieber talked about Michael recently

no thats not what i mean Its like he does it to give himself more spotlight. idk its hard to explain.

Well, Kanye is on a different level. I mean, Kanye is probably my favorite producer. He’s a musical genius. But, he’s not on Michael’s level. I think that in order to be on Michael’s level you have to reach as many people as Michael reached, and Kanye doesn’t reach as many people. No one really does.

At least hes being honset bout this cuz imo he is right and i thought many of you guys would be happy he said this.....

He brought a snake to the MTV awards?! Okaaaaay lol

awe let him try he does admires Michael. I find it cute when he trys to copy him But He just cant be that epic
I found this graphic hillarious and The fact Justin named his snake "Johnson" makes it even funnier
EPIC-FAIL_939795984aa50bba1e0b8e54e7113eec.jpg

no thats not what i mean Its like he does it to give himself more spotlight. idk its hard to explain.

He doesn't need more spotlight, like it or not he already has it. Otherwise, no one would bother interviewing him. I think he's just being honest when he talks about his admiration for Michael, and until I see any compelling evidence to the contrary, I'll keep thinking that.

Ironic that he is disliked by a majority of his peers (at least the people I know) and is revered by the age group just below.

Not really ironic or surprising. He sings squeaky-clean songs and is viewed as somewhat corny by people his age for that reason. You could have said the same about Miley Cyrus at some point, it's rather common. Let us not forget that his peers are the same idiots who think Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are greater than MJ, Madonna, etc. Why should their opinion hold any relevance? By that same token, his peer group is also below the age of those they revere, so it's not surprising in the least.

Like I said, rather common.

Yes.....
popcorn-MJ.gif
:fear:

^^HAA I see you are watching the show again.

Guys seriously is Justin a great singer in his own right? Does his singing carry great emotion and does he have any iconic dance moves or a singing style? I have never listened to him, but saw his photo on kid's book bags and back to school items. Maybe as he gets older his music will mature as his fan base matures, and he will make that significant mark in the world that he yearns for.

awe let him try he does admires Michael. I find it cute when he trys to copy him But He just cant be that epicI found this graphic hillarious and The fact Justin named his snake "Johnson" makes it even funnier
EPIC-FAIL_939795984aa50bba1e0b8e54e7113eec.jpg
Oh no no, don't get me wrong..I don't have a single problem with Bieber...it's great that he admires Michael and he seems genuine! I'm not a fan of him but I find he has some talent....All the best to Bieber :DI was just wondering why he would bring a snake :lol:LOL @ the pic...big snake, little sn...nevermind :fear:

Last edited:
sometimes when he is being interviewed they compare him to MJ, an I think he belives it. He wants MJ fan base.

well hes not going to get it. There was more to michael then just his music.

I won't to know what was JB saying about MJ before he died, JB had a youtube postings since 2007 did he talk about MJ then, was MJ someone he looked up to when he was living? or only after he died.

i'm a teen,i'm so glad i became a michael jackson fan.. i remember a few years ago in high school, all this bieber sensation was huge. it was so annoying to hear my friends singing bieber songs. don't get me wrong, i don't hate him. but WHY listening to him, when you can listen to a real musical genius "Michael Jackson". luckily mj music helped me through those difficult times(my friends idolizing bieber). more teenagers should appreciate real talent and not let media tell you what to like and to believe.

I won't to know what was JB saying about MJ before he died, JB had a youtube postings since 2007 did he talk about MJ then, was MJ someone he looked up to when he was living? or only after he died.

he did a billie jean dance tribute to him while mj was alive and it was before he became famous

Michael Jackson was recognised as a musical prodigy the second he sang his first notes in the Jackson 5.

Justin Bieber has an average voice at best and will either fade into complete obscurity, or become yet another Chris Brown/Usher/Ne-Yo/Justin Timberlake MJ Economy clone.

It's the truth.

^Of course. He's saying he would like to have as much influence, etc. as Michael, he's not saying this is a realistic expectation. We would ALL like to become something greater than what we presently are, wouldn't we? Therefore, why beat on Bieber for having a dream? It makes no sense at all to me--he never declared himself the next anything, it's mostly the media who keep trying to pin him that way. He's more adequately compared to Aaron Carter/Justin Timberlake/etc. and that is what he will most likely become in the end. If you read further on, he himself says no one ever really could reach the level of influence and talent Michael had.

@Earthlyme: His songs are squeaky-clean compared to what others in the mainstream usually release. I'm not a fan of his, so I am not überfamiliar with his work, but the few singles I've heard haven't had anything disputable on them.

Study the greats and become GREATER

Stop knocking the guy for aspiring to be great. I am glad he is giving major props to the GREATEST...and I particularly appreciate what he said about MJ's childhood.

He is only 17, but he gets MJ...yet the Jacksons refuse to acknowledge MJ's horrific childhood and its contribution to his unhappiness and even his death.

I don't follow Bieber's career, but just reading these tidbits make me wanna pay closer attention.

He is only 17
something to remember... So much contempt for a teenager who's 3 years older than Prince, beats me.

His music might be crap, but a lot of grown ups out there do far worse and dont have that excuse. At least he doesnt feel the need to show anyone's butt or boobs in his videos

He might not be anything else than a short lasting teenage thing, but so what? He never claimed he was the best, just said he would like to be.
When I hear the kind of pretentious comments from some older singers, some even pretending to be the new MJs, I think Justin is not that bad.

Last edited:
Study the greats and become GREATER

Stop knocking the guy for aspiring to be great. I am glad he is giving major props to the GREATEST...and I particularly appreciate what he said about MJ's childhood.

He is only 17, but he gets MJ...yet the Jacksons refuse to acknowledge MJ's horrific childhood and its contribution to his unhappiness and even his death.

I don't follow Bieber's career, but just reading these tidbits make me wanna pay closer attention.

I agree Memefan! I love you :) You are right that mama and papa Jackson refuse to acknowledge that MJ was not a happy child and they did nothing to help him. Katherine being his mother early on should've noticed his unhappiness and sadness and she should've helped her son. She did nothing but stand by and allow Joe to torment MJ. I am glad Bieber gets it too, unlike Mike's family who doesn't get it or either gets it but does not want to acknowledge it. If MJ had better parents and more attentive and loving parents things would've been better for him in my opinion.

this little kid is dreaming, and should wake up to see that the only think he gets is flops. he havent achieved nothing. not even a number one single. "the greatest". lol, dream your dream. but noone will think about u in a few years. no one will remember you. and u are not even a superstar. and dont have any talent, like all this media created "superstar". lol

He seems like a sweet kid. I'm not a fan of his music (I'm 48) but he's very popular and seems level headed (for now). I saw him perform on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve (already forgot what song he sang) and I thought there are plenty of other high school kids who could sing better. He wasn't horrible...just ordinary. But anyway, I wish him well. Maybe his talent will develop more as he matures...

Oh yeah, he sang "Let it Be". I remember now only because Kathy Griffin was joking with Anderson Cooper afterwards saying "Let it Beiber" lol.

something to remember... So much contempt for a teenager who's 3 years older than Prince, beats me.

His music might be crap, but a lot of grown ups out there do far worse and dont have that excuse. At least he doesnt feel the need to show anyone's butt or boobs in his videos

He might not be anything else than a short lasting teenage thing, but so what? He never claimed he was the best, just said he would like to be.
When I hear the kind of pretentious comments from some older singers, some even pretending to be the new MJs, I think Justin is not that bad.

He's not that bad, he just gets the brunt of frustration and annoyance from the "next MJ" syndrome, especially since he's only been on the music scene two or three years, and his name is constantly being mentioned along with MJ's in some fashion, by either him, other artists, or the media.

Justin's fine, and I wish him all possible success, but I do find myself also smirking when he mentions his lofty goal to be as successful as MJ, because to be as successful as him, you have to have what MJ had or even MORE. There hasn't been anyone, not even Elvis or the Beatles whose appeal was as multi-dimensional as Michael. He is truly in a league of his own.

So while Beiber's goal to be as successful as MJ is totally understandable, his thinking he possibly has what MJ had to accomplish that goal, is what rubs folks the wrong way. It shouldn't, but it just does sometimes.

Michael is an excellent role model. The best! The greatest! The king! Good choice, kid. :)
Why begrudge him his success, simply because we don't like his music? We are clearly not the target audience. He's got his fan base and seems to be a nice kid. Good luck to him. And keep remembering Michael!

From what I've read and seen of him, I have to say I respect him immensely as a person. You have to keep in mind the kid is just 17 years old, yet he shows more maturity and understanding than singers almost twice his age [unnamed twenty-somethings (sadly mostly female) who for whatever reason feel they must sing about crude sex/drugs and show off their bodies and/or do ridiculous pseudo-artistic ripoffs of others' work to sell records].

You could not imagine the amount of pressure this kid must be under, and the amount of insults he gets from people twice his age and older are barbaric--and all for what? Singing squeaky-clean songs [which, admittedly, are a bit corny--but if you don't like, don't listen]. Other artists can say they've gotten teased and made fun of or whatever without anyone to really corroborate these claims and the media kissing their ass for all it's worth, but if anyone can successfully claim any sort of mistreatment in this day and age, it's this kid, and only because the whole world has witnessed it.

His gender is called into question [among other things] by people who are twice his age and should know better, it's quite sad, and yet he continues to do what he wants to do despite all that. The only annoying thing about him is his fan base, other than that I think he's an okay singer and a great person, shockingly more down-to-Earth and not a self-obsessed wretch like other mainstream artists who are older than him and should theoretically be more mature.

The fact that he talks about MJ doesn't offend me in the least--you want his legacy to go on, this is one of the ways in which it will go on. If Bieber talks nice things about Michael Jackson, it will reach his fan base, who will want to check out what Bieber likes, and thus potential new MJ fans are born.

I'd take this over someone trash-talking Michael any day.

Back