Justin Bieber's "Baby" video removed by MJJ Productions [Merged]

Alyssa

Proud Member
So apparently its been removed due to a copyright claim by MJJ Productions

MJJPRODUCTIONS.jpg

anyone know anything about it?

Justin Bieber's "Baby" video removed by MJJ Productions

someone posted this on another site

Search "Justin Bieber baby" and it'll say it was removed by MJJ Productions.

I don't know WHY, but this will be very interesting.

does mj company owns rights to the video or something?

Re: JB's video no longer available on YT....

LMFAO!

The 'Baby' video is no longer available on YouTube due to a copyright claim by MJJ Productions. Apparently Michael Jackson's production company feels like the “Baby” video plagiarizes Michael's “The Way You Make Me Feel” video.

Article here.

Re: Justin Bieber's "Baby" video removed by MJJ Productions

Well I have to say it is a lot like The Way You Make Me Feel. This is quite funny.

thanks for the quote and article! =]

For real? LOL, as long as MJJ Productions don't turn into a NPG frenzy I'm cool with it!!

That's odd? It was the most viewed video on YouTube.

Indeed, it's blocked [lol, for the first time ever I was typing 'biber' on Youtube :D ]
MJJNews: So apparently it's because MJJ Productions claims "Baby" plagiarizes MJ's “The Way You Make Me Feel” video!
IMO, if they wanted to block every video based/inspired by MJ they had to act more often. I'd like to konw what was the reason...?

It's back.
[youtube]kffacxfA7G4[/youtube]

I don't get how in the world that could be a copy of The Way You Make Me Feel? Boy chases girl...? That has been in other videos too..

doesnt he crotch grab and moonwalk too?

It's back.
[youtube]kffacxfA7G4[/youtube]

I don't get how in the world that could be a copy of The Way You Make Me Feel? Boy chases girl...? That has been in other videos too..

yeah..but not like twymmf. MJ made it a playful courtship, as opposed to the skanky depiction in other videos. and the style is distinct. but, anyway MJJP owns Bieber's publishing..and..MJ's policy remains intact. cus i'm sure the lawyers remembered how MJ didn't keep stuff off youtube, so hence, after further thought, the lawyers thought better of the situation and returned the Bieber video, since allowing the viral run only gives free publicity to the artists, and helps sales. at least that's how i play it out in my mind about the thinking of the lawyers..lol. i don't know what they were thinking, but MJ never kept stuff off of youtube.

I was happy for a moment...................

..........until someone said the video was put back up!!!!!!!!

^^What he said :D. I read the title and I was like "YEAH MICHAEL! GO ON WIT UR BAD SELF!!"

I said on another thread here already that MJ helped JB get his record views on YouTube cause the video was almost a direct copy of TWYMMF lol, seems like I'm not the only one who thought that :lol: Too bad it's back up though.

^^What he said :D. I read the title and I was like "YEAH MICHAEL! GO ON WIT UR BAD SELF!!"

:lol:

I still dont understand how in the world mjjc productions would think its like the "TWUMMF" video...its nothing like it at all!

I mean ok the boy chases girl thing but its compelety different

:lol:

I still dont understand how in the world mjjc productions would think its like the "TWUMMF" video...its nothing like it at all!

I mean ok the boy chases girl thing but its compelety different

You think so? What is substantially different apart from the location? There are even direct MJ references in there like the Moonwalk/side slide and some indirect references like the man putting his thumbs up (MJ) vs. the man clapping (JB) and MJ jumping on a car vs. JB jumping on a pool table etc. Plus the whole concept of the video is taken from TWYMMF (JB even admitted this himself while shooting behind the scenes for Baby) so I can see why MJJP saw it as a copyright infringement... I don't think MJ would have ever agreed with taking the video down though, on the contrary I think he would be honoured that a popular young artist is inspired by his music videos :)

You think so? What is substantially different apart from the location? There are even direct MJ references in there like the Moonwalk/side slide and some indirect references like the man putting his thumbs up (MJ) vs. the man clapping (JB) and MJ jumping on a car vs. JB jumping on a pool table etc. Plus the whole concept of the video is taken from TWYMMF (JB even admitted this himself while shooting behind the scenes for Baby) so I can see why MJJP saw it as a copyright infringement... I don't think MJ would have ever agreed with taking the video down though, on the contrary I think he would be honoured that a popular young artist is inspired by his music videos :)

Well #1 jb is much younger
#2 they are mostly in the arcade place, where as mj & tat are mostly ouside in the streets.

Well if JB said that it was taken from "TWUMMF" video..wouldnt that mean he pretty much did breach the copyright infringement??

I was happy for a moment...................

..........until someone said the video was put back up!!!!!!!!

hahahah i know damn ..
w.e at least bieber knows whats up
fc1aqh.jpg

hahah

Well #1 jb is much younger
#2 they are mostly in the arcade place, where as mj & tat are mostly ouside in the streets.

Well if JB said that it was taken from "TWUMMF" video..wouldnt that mean he pretty much did breach the copyright infringement??

The fact that he's younger shouldn't matter in this context, and #2 well yeah that's why I said ""apart from the location" ;)

I don't know if he literally said it was "taken" from the TWYMMF video (I'm just paraphrasing) but he did say something like he was inspired by it, or it had the same 'feel' etc. At least according to JB fans' comments on the video, I don't watch his interviews myself lol.

The fact that he's younger shouldn't matter in this context, and #2 well yeah that's why I said ""apart from the location" ;)

I don't know if he literally said it was "taken" from the TWYMMF video (I'm just paraphrasing) but he did say something like he was inspired by it, or it had the same 'feel' etc. At least according to JB fans' comments on the video, I don't watch his interviews myself lol.

Its good to see that he is inspired by mj like so many artists are :)
What i like bout jb though , he doesnt like copy mj in a arrogant kid of way. There are a few artist that do.

i don't see why people don't support Justin BEiber. he gives props to Mike, and he has his fans talking about Mike. and he's humble.

This seems really weird to me. It's really hard to claim copyright on a "concept" or even certain kinds of choreography.

That's a pretty crazy thing to do to remove a video because it was "too much" close to the TWYMMF video (if that's the case) I'm really hoping it's not.. If so they better be removing over half of the music videos on youtube. He inspired so many...

Back