Kanye West calling himself the new king of Pop,WTF?

Kanye makes good music and all but personality-wise, he sucks eggs. His whole inflated ego thing is getting old now, its a joke.

I actually laughed reading that.
He's a rapper isn't he...? I love how thinks he can just take over. Doesn't matter to me, I've never really heard his music anyway.

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. Why can't people just accept that. It seems they want so bad to find another 'Michael' in all these "wannabes", but in reality...they never will.

The source for this story is scrapetv so this may not be true. Most liken scrapetv to a less witty Onion.

Current headlines on scrapetv.
“MCDONALD’S CONSIDERS ADDING SOYLENT GREEN TO MENU”
“FRITO-LAY SUED OVER IRREGULARLY SHAPED POTATO CHIPS”
“STUDY FINDS SILVER BULLETS LARGELY INEFFECTIVE AGAINST WEREWOLVES”
“COMEDIANS AT A LOSS WITH PALIN RESIGNATION”

Their disclaimer:
“All content herein should be considered rumour or truth based solely on your perspective”

This is what the media does they take a general perception (kanye's ego, Mj's "weirdness) and can basically write anything they want and people eat it up. Have we learned nothing.

hahahaha thats so stupid.. I hope for his sake that he didnt say that.. then he would indeed be the self proclaimed king of pop!

Im not a fan of Kanye, some of his songs are good, but really Kanye please tell me ur joking??? Maybe he would be better of as a comedian... because that sure as hell was funny!! :rofl:

I never really liked Kanye's music fine give him Gold digger but I liked jamie Foxx's voice and the chorus.

plus, I don't like music that's recycled, remix or whatever...in which he does so okay I see talent...right.

I’m thinking Kanye is in need of some attention, here’s his latest rant according to scrapetv.com:
You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It’s so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I’m willing to take that on. There’s nobody who can match me in sales and in kanye west respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael’s crown and become the new King,” said West.
“First there was Elvis, then there was Michael, now in the 21st century its Kanye’s time to rule. I have nothing but respect for Michael but someone needs to pick up where he left off and there’s nobody better than me to do that. I am the new King of Pop.”
Can someone please shut Kanye up!!!

Now this really makes me mad.. how dare he even think such a thing. Sorry fella only one King Of Pop always and forever. He thinks he can step into Michael's shoes. He makes me sick. Michael's shoes will ALWAYS be to big for Kanye or anyone else who thinks they could ever begin to take his place.

I really like how this source FINALLY says the truth about King of pop though...i see nothing about self proclaimed king of pop..that has to be the very first time now...WOW!

The source for this story is scrapetv so this may not be true. Most liken scrapetv to a less witty Onion.

Current headlines on scrapetv.
“MCDONALD’S CONSIDERS ADDING SOYLENT GREEN TO MENU”
“FRITO-LAY SUED OVER IRREGULARLY SHAPED POTATO CHIPS”
“STUDY FINDS SILVER BULLETS LARGELY INEFFECTIVE AGAINST WEREWOLVES”
“COMEDIANS AT A LOSS WITH PALIN RESIGNATION”

Their disclaimer:
“All content herein should be considered rumour or truth based solely on your perspective”

This is what the media does they take a general perception (kanye's ego, Mj's "weirdness) and can basically write anything they want and people eat it up. Have we learned nothing.

Exactly, read my signature.

ITS NOT TRUE - Kanye made a statement about this lie.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

He didn't say it guys. It was made up.
We of all people shouldn't be so quick to believe this rubbish.
I'm not a fan of Kanye's but he has come out and said this was a lie. So we should believe him.

"I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENDY WILLIAMS AND HEARD SOME QUOTE ABOUT ME SAYING I’M THE NEW KING OF POP. NOT ONLY DID I NOT SAY THAT, I HAVEN’T SAID ANYTHING. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD THAT OBVIOUSLY I MADE PEOPLE FEEL THAT I WOULD BE CORNY ENOUGH TO SAY SOMETHING SO WHACK AFTER THE PASSING OF AN IDOL, A LEGEND AND MORE THAN THAT A HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS AND FAMILY. IT SCARES ME TO THINK WHAT PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE, WITHOUT EVEN A SOURCE. ANY RANDOM PERSON CAN TYPE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND THEN THE WORLD BELIEVES IT. I DON’T TALK TO PRESS OR DO TV OR DO PROMOTIONS OF ANY SORT. I’VE STOPPED CHASING AND BUYING INTO FAME. FAME IS LIKE CIGARETTES WITH NO SURGEON GENERAL WARNING. IT DESTROYS MOST PEOPLE AS IT DID TO THE TRUE AND ONLY KING OF POP. WE EXPLOIT OURSELVES AND EAT OUR OWN EGOS ‘TILL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT. I HAVE A FEELING THAT THIS WON’T BE THE LAST FALSE STATEMENT WITH MY NAME ON IT, BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I DEFEND MYSELF. I’M DONE.
07.31.2009"

That is from Kanye's blog on his official site. http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/bl...1_8_2009_0_10&em3298=&em3282=&em3281=&em3161=

I believe him. He has a lot of love for Michael. If you have the patience to shift through older posts or they have a search option, he'd made a post before Michael died about the This Is It tour that was also very positive and had a lot of positive feedback from fans.

Back