Kanye West wished MJ had twitter, angry at media.

Kanye West Blasts "Today Show" Host, "It's All A F*cking Set Up!!!!

Controversial rapper/producer Kanye West has called out "Today Show" host Matt Lauer on blast for reportedly attempting t deceive the Grammy-winner during his appearance on the morning program.

Via Twitter, Yeezy publicly vented his frustration.
"I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist.... While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the "MTV" under me with audio!!!!!!! I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show ... and that's a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT. I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don't do press anymore. I can't be everything to everybody anymore. I can't be everybody's hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!" (Rap Radar)

Yeezy accused Lauer of coercing an on-air emotional response out of him.
"I can't take anymore advice!!! I create, I'm creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day. Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don't trust anyone! Very judged very scrutinized very criticized! I want everyone to know I have lows all the time but I make it through them! Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that sh*t was cool to play the "MTV" clip while I was speaking about Bush? He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It's all a f*cking set up!!!! . This is rock and roll life my people... you can't stop the truth you can't stop the music and I have to be strong or "they" win!!!! . Sometimes it's not simple, some days it's not easy... I just want to create. I love you guys, thanks for the support!" (Rap Radar)

West was reportedly interview to discuss the aftermath of publicly slandering former US President George W. Bush during the 2005 Hurricane Katrina disaster.
According to West, he stopped by the "Today" show to apologize for his 2005 comments about President Bush's insufficient response to Hurricane Katrina. Recently the incident, where West publicly stated, "George Bush does not care about black people," has made the news again, as Bush calls it the worst moment of his presidency in his new memoir, "Decision Points." The interview hasn't aired yet, but we're definitely going to be DVRing it when it does, if only to see Matt Lauer's "brutal" interrogation tactics. We're sure the "Today" show thanks West for his Twitter rant. Ratings gold. (Zap 2 It)​
In a prior interview with Lauer, Bush shared his reaction to Ye's remarks.
"He called me a racist," Bush tells reporter Matt Lauer. "And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true." ("Matt Lauer Reports")

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/kanye_west_blasts_today_show_host_its_al.html

"Everyone has an agenda". "Everything sounds like noise." "Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It's all a f****** set up!!!! . This is rock and roll life my people... you can't stop the truth you can't stop the music and I have to be strong or "they" win!!!!"

Key points.

I'm not going to express my opinions on his music now or his self, just say that this time, West nailed it.. "They" are ought to destroy. West seems to be in a fight now, trying to get out of something too. Anyway, the above statements he made are true.

Yeah pretty much everything he said there's true... maybe now he's starting to understand the hell Mike went through!

I'm sorry, probably most wouldn't agree with me on this so please respect my opinion, but I think Kanye's ranting is childish and way overdone. He thinks this is bad, can you imagine what Michael or Britney went through? You didn't see them venting their frustrations on Twitter or practically begging for sympathy every time they felt injustice was done to them, did you? Yes, Kanye has had his fair share of criticism in the past but what can you expect when you call the President a racist or disrupt a teenage star's award speech? "I don't do press anymore" - let's see if he sticks to that promise.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZVYZkD1tMk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ZVYZkD1tMk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I am not going to discuss his Race Rant or his MTV appearance, but I am sick of Kanye referring to Michael Jackson so much. Unlike Michael, Kanye got into his position on his own accord. Ever since MJ died, Kanye has been on his mission of comparing himself with Michael Jackson. He has a video with a parade and Michael float. He has claimed he feels the need to continue his legacy. Now he is pretending there is a conspiracy against him and that the media is out to get him.

I love Kanye's music and I think he is a talented artist, but he is no King of Pop…

Back when Kanye made that statement about Bush I honestly didn't take issue with that. But apparently Bush's feelings were hurt (never mind those people who were suffering in New Orleans, it's all about Bush, heh). I was not happy with the way Bush handled that mess (to say the least) so I really don't think Kanye needs to apologize to Bush for that. However, I watched Kanye on the Today Show and he just wasn't articulate. He kept stumbling with his words. I was so frustrated. I was like, just spit it out. LOL. Matt was only trying to get him to make his point already. I mean, these live daytime shows only have so much time. That they ran the clip of Kanye at the MTV awards, well, that is the norm on these shows. They often run clips while interviews are in progress. But I guess it distracted him. I don't know what to think.

I wish Michael had a twitter too but I don't see him wanting to use it. But yes, Michael sure would have been and WAS a hundred times more articulate than Kanye, heh.

Last edited:
"Kanye reacts to being low point of Bush presidency?!"

I could probably think of many more valid low points in Bush's presidency. Mine was when he was re-elected in 2004. That really broke my heart.

Hey is this a Michael Jackson forum or Kanye West? I know he mentioned Michael in this twitter but.... just saying

Although it would be cute to see him writing (I love his little spelling mistakes like "pin" instead of "pen" and "his" instead of "he's" lol :wub:) I actually don't wish Michael had Twitter. For me it takes away a sense of magic and inaccessibility that celebrities used to have. They become so "ordinary" when we know about their every move and can talk to them so easily. I understand that this is exactly what Kanye is aiming for, that Michael would be perceived to be more normal if he explained everything he did on Twitter, but part of the appeal to big icons Michael Jackson and Madonna is that they are "larger than life", they are true stars if you know what I mean.

I think Michael would like Twitter...in that he would be able to chat with his fans, he would get mobbed with tweets and stuff...but i think he would prefer that sometimes as opposed to be mobbed in person.

If Mike had twitter there would not be twitter trends it would always be MJ. =)

I think Michael would like Twitter...in that he would be able to chat with his fans, he would get mobbed with tweets and stuff...but i think he would prefer that sometimes as opposed to be mobbed in person.

I disagree. Remember how Michael was always cautious about overexposure? Well, when people know what you are doing almost 24/7 it is definitely a kind of overexposure, I really don't think MJ would have liked that. And let's not forget about the haters that would undoubtedly flood his Twitter with rude messages. Anyway, Twitter was already around in 2009 so if he really liked it, he could have made an account for himself. Well maybe he did anonymously and we just don't know about it :p

What has this world come too when a president refers to someone as insignificant as Kanye and some one as insignificant as Kanye compares himself to someone as great like Michael Jackson.

"Kanye reacts to being low point of Bush presidency?!"

I could probably think of many more valid low points in Bush's presidency. Mine was when he was re-elected in 2004. That really broke my heart.

Tell me about it. I could think of at least ten low points. The 2000 election wasn't so great either, lol.

Yeah, I don't think Michael would have used twitter. It would have taken away some of the mystique. But I wonder what they would have looked like had he.

I would love to tweet to MJ. However I don't think he would use it to publicly vent about things; he was too polite for that. I'm sure he vented in private but I don't think he would be spouting criticism and stuff all over Twitter (unless he had an anonymous one... which I guess we'll never know).

This thread is ridiculous! Michael didn't have Twitter and apparently wasn't interested in having (or using) Twitter, otherwise he would have used Twitter!

Kanye West Blasts "Today Show" Host, "It's All A F*cking Set Up!!!!

Controversial rapper/producer Kanye West has called out "Today Show" host Matt Lauer on blast for reportedly attempting t deceive the Grammy-winner during his appearance on the morning program.

Via Twitter, Yeezy publicly vented his frustration.
"I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later I got labeled as a racist.... While I was trying to give the interview they started playing the "MTV" under me with audio!!!!!!! I don't mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show ... and that's a very nice way for me to put it! HE TRIED TO FORCE MY ANSWERS. IT WAS VERY BRUTAL AND I CAME THERE WITH ONLY POSITIVE INTENT. I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused. I don't trust anyone but myself! Everyone has an agenda. I don't do press anymore. I can't be everything to everybody anymore. I can't be everybody's hero and villain savior and sinner Christian and anti Christ!" (Rap Radar)

Yeezy accused Lauer of coercing an on-air emotional response out of him.
"I can't take anymore advice!!! I create, I'm creative, I have a good heart, everyone will see and understand one day. Everything sounds like noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE NOISE!!!!!!! I don't trust anyone! Very judged very scrutinized very criticized! I want everyone to know I have lows all the time but I make it through them! Yo I really wonder if Matt Lauer thought that sh*t was cool to play the "MTV" clip while I was speaking about Bush? He played clips of Bush and asked me to look at his face while I was trying to talk to him. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It's all a f*cking set up!!!! . This is rock and roll life my people... you can't stop the truth you can't stop the music and I have to be strong or "they" win!!!! . Sometimes it's not simple, some days it's not easy... I just want to create. I love you guys, thanks for the support!" (Rap Radar)

West was reportedly interview to discuss the aftermath of publicly slandering former US President George W. Bush during the 2005 Hurricane Katrina disaster.
According to West, he stopped by the "Today" show to apologize for his 2005 comments about President Bush's insufficient response to Hurricane Katrina. Recently the incident, where West publicly stated, "George Bush does not care about black people," has made the news again, as Bush calls it the worst moment of his presidency in his new memoir, "Decision Points." The interview hasn't aired yet, but we're definitely going to be DVRing it when it does, if only to see Matt Lauer's "brutal" interrogation tactics. We're sure the "Today" show thanks West for his Twitter rant. Ratings gold. (Zap 2 It)
In a prior interview with Lauer, Bush shared his reaction to Ye's remarks.
"He called me a racist," Bush tells reporter Matt Lauer. "And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true." ("Matt Lauer Reports")

http://www.sohh.com/2010/11/kanye_west_blasts_today_show_host_its_al.html
well..he's right. and the commenter, at the bottom of the article helped prove his point, by saying it's gunna be ratings gold. the heartless commenter thinking like we always said, all media thinks. they only think about the money, and exploiting the oppressed, and stars they are envious of. i see it everyday. but, as far as twitter goes..it's a good thing Michael didn't have it. the media would love to make soundbytes out of nothing, and the smart thing to do is to not give them ammunition, even if you have none, because they'll make ammunition out of no ammunition.

well..he's right. and the commenter, at the bottom of the article helped prove his point, by saying it's gunna be ratings gold. the heartless commenter thinking like we always said, all media thinks. they only think about the money, and exploiting the oppressed, and stars they are envious of. i see it everyday. but, as far as twitter goes..it's a good thing Michael didn't have it. the media would love to make soundbytes out of nothing, and the smart thing to do is to not give them ammunition, even if you have none, because they'll make ammunition out of no ammunition.

Exactly, and this is why i posted it here. I saw some folks here wondering why this has been posted, well because of this. Kanye also refers to MJ in his Runaway movie thing, also has a line about him in a song on his new cd. By the way, i really enjoy his new CD too,GOOD music. In times like these with SHIT music..it's good to have some good stuff.

Exactly, and this is why i posted it here. I saw some folks here wondering why this has been posted, well because of this. Kanye also refers to MJ in his Runaway movie thing, also has a line about him in a song on his new cd. By the way, i really enjoy his new CD too,GOOD music. In times like these with SHIT music..it's good to have some good stuff.

What does it say?

I am not going to discuss his Race Rant or his MTV appearance, but I am sick of Kanye referring to Michael Jackson so much. Unlike Michael, Kanye got into his position on his own accord. Ever since MJ died, Kanye has been on his mission of comparing himself with Michael Jackson. He has a video with a parade and Michael float. He has claimed he feels the need to continue his legacy. Now he is pretending there is a conspiracy against him and that the media is out to get him.

I totally agree with you. Once, he even said he was gonna be the King of Pop! Ok... -_-
I think this guy is too conceited...

About this Twitter thing... God, he's mistaken. If Michael had a personal twitter he wouldn't waste his precious time exposing his personal life there. Can anyone here imagine that?

Last edited:
. I wish Michael Jackson had twitter!!!!!! Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It's all a f*cking set up!!!! .
True.

Though, if MJ had a Twitter page, Twitter would brake. They already have to have extra servers for Justin Bieber's page...if Michael Jackson had Twitter, there would be a meltdown.

About this Twitter thing... God, he's mistaken. If Michael had a personal twitter he wouldn't waste his precious time exposing his personal life there. Can anyone here imagine that?

It's not about exposing his personal life, it's about setting the record straight and telling the truth without media twisting - this is what a lot of celebs use it for.

This thread is ridiculous! Michael didn't have Twitter and apparently wasn't interested in having (or using) Twitter, otherwise he would have used Twitter!

He had a facebook

I would imagine Michael's tweets would be like those little notes and signs he used to write to the fans and held up in hotel room windows, haha. Once again, he was way ahead of his time.:)

I think Kanye receives a lot of mess from people...some deserving and some not so deserving. I do not agree with everything he says or does, but I do think he is misunderstood at times. I think he views things differently than you or me.

Anyway. I too wish Michael had a Twitter or some form of way of being able to stay in touch with his fans. I can imagine him posting random "I love you" comments to the fans as well as such things as "The best is yet to come" or "You ain't seen nothing yet!". It truly would have been amazing if you ask me and it would have given me a reason to create an account. Even though every single post would have been critiqued here lol.

It would have also been nice for MJ to have a way of being able to vent out. These days, artists and celebs have these sites and these ways of having their own voice without someone editing it for them. Unfortunately, Michael never truly had that way of speaking directly.

Back