Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Bbkd-oUCAAAzOuu.jpg
I have no clue as to who that guy is in the blue bomber jacket and cap, he looks like he's photobombing, but the guy behind mrs j who looks like he's saying 'roll up suckers' is brad wyman the ceo of fundanything. They obviously have ok media savvy as they got publicity for this project on gma and the daily mail but like globalive they clearly haven't done any research on the market they're depending on for $$ - mj fans. Just a look at fanforums and i imagine twitter and facebook,blogs etc would show there is huge resentment against the family doing these $$-making schemes. The involvement of the children cuts no ice at all as fans believe they're being exploited. They should have looked at that book the globalive executive did - if you don't have fan support the scheme will fail. Their goal of $3m is ridiculous and it will be humiliating for all involved when it doesn't reach a fraction of that, and horrible for ppb.

Excuse me for quoting myself but now we know Mann is behind this how do they get about this apparent ban. Do they have permission?
It's made very clear in the statements they've put out that the project producers intend to pay the estate for any licensing using fans money, so i guess they know they can't bypass that. I didn't understand the howard mann settlement to be a ban, just that he didn't have copyright over the things he had in his collection, that belonged to the estate.

Last edited:
Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

^^

I think the man in the picture are Brad Wyman (ceo of fund anything), Trent Jackson and Lowell Henry - long time financial advisor/manager. Correct me if I'm wrong

This is a previous picture of Lowell Henry
0624-jackson-katherine.jpg

It's made very clear in the statements they've put out that the project producers intend to pay the estate for any licensing using fans money, so i guess they know they can't bypass that. I didn't understand the howard mann settlement to be a ban, just that he didn't have copyright over the things he had in his collection, that belonged to the estate.

Its only what I saw in the Estate v HM thread. Unfortunately I don't think we saw any legal documents as far as I can remember.

Maybe they have already contacted the estate, stranger things have happened.

It is confirmed that Howard Mann is behind this documentary. Now we have definitive proof.

Check below Howard Mann's business partner Sonia Lowe's tweets. (She was also sued by MJ Estate together with Howard Mann). She calls herself "writer & director" of the documentary and also calls the project their "pet project" and so on.

10xx9x2.jpg

Great! Now Howard M and her are putting in practice what KJ signed for, which was KJ undersigned the contract that she forever binds PPB for HM and other crooks. and no it doesn't matter that she legally couldn't bind those kids, she binds them other ways.

Sonia L was the one who did an interview with KJ when they were promoting her Never can say goodbye flop book.

I guessed right that Howard M and his crooks are behind of this as they put KJ flop book as prize for all donators.

Last edited:

I was reading comments on fund anything site and this got my applauds:

Mrs. Jackson,
What is wrong with you? These children should not be doing any of this stuff at this time. They should not be doing reality TV with your daughter, interviews, appearances, product endorsements, movies or pay per view projects. Your job is to help them cope with their father's death quietly , out of the public eye, and be kids. The enormity of the pressure and emotional trauma of this situation on them seems to be lost on you. They should not have a million twitter followers. They should not be testifying in court cases. You should be working towards making sure the paparazzi is not allowed to follow them. This is what your son desparately tried to protect them from. Sit down and be a grandma, not a business woman trying to pimp out your son's kids for more cash. The fall out to them will be damaged lives, just as Michael's was due to your incredibly poor parenting skills. I grieve for what you have done to these poor children. They will not fair well. Stop this madness and show up at a parent teacher conference , rather than pawning that off on someone else. Go to one of their games, school activities and just a movie with them. You are not too old to get yourself down to the court house and the board room for business meetings on the next venture you are trying to hawk. However, you seem too old to go to their school or activities. Why was Prince at his belt ceremony alone with just a 16 year old girlfriend for support? Because you were sitting in a courtroom trying to make millions. Millions you do not need. The whole world is watching you ruin these kids. And the whole world says " Just stop it !" There is no justification for your actions thus far. You are the "parent" now. Tell the children "NO!, this is not in your best interest. When you are adults you can talk all you want. Right now, your job is to heal, grow, learn , hold dear your father's memory and recover best you can from his loss."
Your lack of insight is baffling.
Kate -

I checked the comments and they removed all negative comments and left only gushing love letters to "family".
So don't even bother leaving any comments unless you want to declare your undying love for anything family does.

^^^^ Yes I have asked perfectly polite and reasonable questions and given suggestions and even those were deleted.

That fan's comment is very factual indeed but it seems Katherine Jackson always gets away with it if she wants something... :sigh:

PPB%20%281%29.jpg

This picture dates from May, 15th 2012. As for the clothes it can be around the time the interview was done...they did state this doc was about 2 years in making

Lol you don't honestly think Katherine would come right out and say give me money do you?

No, I expect Mann to and he did.

The filming is done and Mann is attempting to fleece fans with this licensing scheme. Not one dime of anything raised from this scheme will go to Katherine or any Jackson. It will be pocketed by Mann and it seems Lowe as well.

This is well planned scheme however, I do not see any Jackson behind it. I also do not expect to hear from either set of lawyers. Katherine is in a legal contract with Mann but, Mann controls this funding and his request is not illegal. If the funding amount is reached and offered to the estate, the executors cannot reject the licensing fee.

It is up to fans to NOT support Mann/Lowe's scheme.

Last edited:

^^^^^^ Of course it's up to fans NOT to support.

So far there is no evidence to show that Katherine does not support this, (I hope she isn't), I agree certain aspects are suspicious, the signature for example plus the seemingly cut and paste introduction video.

But Katherine does mention the five year anniversary and even if Katherine was not free to speak up other family members are.

Katherine could break the contract, yes she could be sued but I'm sure she could win.

Edit Plus Mann was still around during the AEG trial.

Last edited:

I checked the comments and they removed all negative comments and left only gushing love letters to "family".
So don't even bother leaving any comments unless you want to declare your undying love for anything family does.

what more do you expect from fraudsters?

^^^^ Yes I have asked perfectly polite and reasonable questions and given suggestions and even those were deleted.

well, if moderators and admins of this forum are still looking for proof that this whole thing is a SCAM, they should not look any further.

and on that note, maybe it's time to be more proactive, aggressively run campaigns informing fans here not to donate money for that mokumentary. I'm quite prepare to donate for this cause if it boils down to it.

but with fans donating money to that mockumentary, fans are contributing to the mocking of MJ, his children he worked so hard to protect against precisely the harsh exploitation they are now being subjected to.

Surely the man has suffered enough already and deserves an ounce of decency, at least from his own fans. if fans are so eager for documentaries and so on, I'm sure this can be communicated to the estate in one way or the other. there must be plenty of footage for them to come up with something more dignifying.

Then again this is merely a suggestion, of course. and accordingly it's up to moderators to act on what they see just, right and fair. one just hopes, though, that in the end whatever they resort to can make MJ, his children, his fans really proud. i don;t know maybe a banner that could draw fans attention to the issue would be a start.

Last edited:

The problem is Katherine went into business with Mann in the first place.

This insanity didn't happen in a vacuum.

Last edited:

If the funding amount is reached and offered to the estate, the executors cannot reject the licensing fee.

Why not? the executors can choose to whom to license the rights to MJ image and likeness irrespective of whether Mann has the money or not. the same way you can choose to whom to sell your own personal belongings.

This not fair to fans that are not informed enough to realize the whole thing is a scam. usually, people don't consciously choose to be conned.

Last edited:

But if Katherine is on board and ok with this then can we really call it a scam?

Personally it wouldn't change my views on participating for many different reasons.

Last Tear, if you want to tie Katherine to Mann's scheme, feel free. I know some fans see this only as another opportunity to express continued distaste for the Jacksons for whatever their reasons. As long as the important message is understood that NO fan should support this funding initiative because it is yet another Mann scheme under the Jackson name, so be it. Paraphrasing Michael, everything else can be dealt with.

Passy001, I do not see the executors rejecting a $3M fee but that is my view. Bad news travels fast and it travels even faster electronically. Hopefully fans will read MJ forums and other MJ social media outlets and know not to fund Mann/Lowe because that is what this is. No Jackson will see these monies.

Gosh it must be nice to have it all tied up so nicely in ones head, no question, no doubt.

It's a real shame the kids are once again used to promote tacky projects about their father and to rewrite his life story. Because I believe it will be typical Jacksons story ''we made him, he just didn't understand, other people blocked family when we wanted to help him, he owe us etc.'' and then few words about his solo career like it didn't matter at all, allegations and drugs. Blah. Not interested.

What really annoys me is going to the fundanything website and seeing Michael, the greatest entertainer in the world and the most famous person on the planet therefore in the known universe, who built a billion dollar enterprise, alongside people who are asking for a few hundred dollars to bury a loved one. Nothing MJ’s family has done in the past 4 ½ years has helped to build his legacy and endear him in the hearts of the public and this won’t either.

Someday PPB will take over control of a billion dollar business, they should be traveling the world to prepare for that day, not sitting around being dragged into schemes to make money they don’t need. We don’t need another documentary with “intimate details “ about MJ’s private life. He spent his whole adult life trying to avoid that.

I hate to see another MJ-related project fail, but I cannot support this. If Jacksons aren't benefiting financially from this, they should say that. They should say "Any money left over after production costs will be donated to the XYZ charity." And stop making everything so murky. Be transparent.

Excuse me for quoting myself but now we know Mann is behind this how do they get about this apparent ban. Do they have permission?

When I have time I'll go back and read the Mann lawsuit documents but I don't think Estate complained about the pictures , their main complaints were 5 drawings, TII and Thriller use, Smooth Criminal Lean in the logo, Destiny Remix and the confusion they created with the book and making it seem like it was Estate approved / endorsed. At the end there was a settlement and a court ruling that Estate still has Michael's intellectual property and the famous auction that Vaccaro got the items from didn't give him the copyrights.

As I said before technically they can do a documentary without infringing any copyrights & trademarks. There's nothing stopping them from taping their own interviews and release it. As they are trying to collect for licensing fees it seems like they are planning to pay for any copyrighted item they use, so legally they could be in the clear.

Normally pictures are the copyright of the photographer unless they were work for hire. It was claimed Joe hired a photographer hence he might own the photos or they could be cleared with the photographers. They don't use "Michael Jackson" and the poster is a drawing to get around image and likeliness issues. The only problematic thing for now seems to be the use of "King of Pop" and "Immortal". King of Pop is the Estate's trademark. Immortal was trademarked by Cirque.

Maybe they have already contacted the estate, stranger things have happened.

The word on the street is that this project doesn't have Estate's blessing. Friedman claims Estate was unaware. So I don't think this is something that was discussed with the Estate but as I said it might not been required either. As long as they don't infringe copyrights / trademarks they might not need Estate's approval or permission.

I would like to see the finished documentary. They do not need Michael's music to complete it. If the documentary is completed, release it.

I'm confused now. You don't want the fans to support Mann for the $3.2 M but you'll be willing to watch and pay for the documentary - which Katherine only gets 25% of the profits and Mann/Vaccaro and the rest gets the 75%. Isn't that also supporting Mann/Vaccaro schemes?

So far there is no evidence to show that Katherine does not support this, (I hope she isn't), I agree certain aspects are suspicious, the signature for example plus the seemingly cut and paste introduction video. But Katherine does mention the five year anniversary and even if Katherine was not free to speak up other family members are. Katherine could break the contract, yes she could be sued but I'm sure she could win.Edit Plus Mann was still around during the AEG trial.

The problem is Katherine went into business with Mann in the first place.

This insanity didn't happen in a vacuum.

To be honest, personally I don't get this Katherine is being manipulated or forced claims. She has signed a contract with Mann and she had made no attempts to get out of it. During Estate's lawsuit she sided with Mann and did not sever her ties with him - yes he was still around right before AEG trial start. So I don't get where any fan is getting the basis for claiming Katherine isn't happy with Mann contract and just fulfilling her duties and such. It's possible to walk away from a contract, it is possible to not fulfill a contract sure there would have been breach of contract lawsuits but I imagine Estate would have helped with that as they helped with Katherine's breach of contract issue with the Segye Times.

Katherine is on a video asking for fans help. That's enough for me to think that she's a willing participant in this thing. I think she probably has good intentions and wants to remember her son but also misguided in regards to some of her business partners and projects. I don't think she's being forced to do anything. That's my opinion. Everyone is free to disagree.

And we are pass the 24 hrs mark, no one from Katherine's camp is denouncing this, it is getting quite media coverage - all entertainment programs in USA mentioned it. I personally emailed 2 of her lawyers and they haven't responded. So officially this is a Katherine Jackson project that she's endorsing and actively participating. It's just some fans that are claiming that she's an unwilling participant.

well, if moderators and admins of this forum are still looking for proof that this whole thing is a SCAM, they should not look any further.

per MJJC rules no solicitation for money is allowed hence the links to the fundraising was removed. The only confirmation we were looking for was in regards to how to classify this and which forum to place it. True or false, there are claims that Katherine might not be a willing participant as mentioned before. So regardless of what we think (I don't believe it for example) it was our duty to try to confirm it before we can place this thread in "news" section. As long as it's not confirmed it will be a "controversy".

I got an email from Joe Jackson's publicist.

She told me this documentary is an exclusive Katherine and MJ's children project and Randy Jackson and no other family members are behind it.

I've read a few claims by people that Katherine is doing this under duress and is being held with the threat of blackmail, due to some "embarrassing" things that were confiscated by Howard Mann via Henry Vacarro storage unit fiasco.

Any validity to this at all, or is that just an attempt to cover for Katherine and her bad decisions??

They are basically saying she is behind this documentary, but only because she's afraid of something worse coming out???

I don't know if I buy that.-_-

I've read a few claims by people that Katherine is doing this under duress and is being held with the threat of blackmail, due to some "embarrassing" things that were confiscated by Howard Mann via Henry Vacarro storage unit fiasco.

Any validity to this at all, or is that just an attempt to cover for Katherine and her bad decisions??

They are basically saying she is behind this documentary, but only because she's afraid of something worse coming out???

I don't know if I buy that.-_-

When Vaccaro bought the storage, he found some sex toys in there. He made the claim that they were Michael's, some say they are Janet's. Reality it is impossible to tell who they belong to as that storage had items from all of the Jacksons even including 3T, their mother and so on. It was rumored that Mann gave some items to Katherine when she signed the contract but it is nothing but a rumor.

Also I don't know why she would be afraid of anything getting out. All of the items have been public knowledge for years (item lists and photographs were a part of all of the lawsuit that involved Jacksons vs Vaccaro) - including the sex toys (see below). Vaccaro invited Dimond to his warehouse and they called and gave Sneddon an underwear (reportedly belonged to Michael) and some notes and pictures. Nothing came out of them. Dimond on CNN said she did not see anything illegal among the items. Sex toys have also been photographed and documented in court documents.

So in short sex toys are already public info and I believe if there was anything embarrassing or illegal Diane Dimond or Sneddon would have used it and made it public.

Sex toy pictures - don't click them if you don't want to see them

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EcwTUXSbSwY/TlShME5Y1CI/AAAAAAAAAUI/AIY5HR35A-w/s320/2qdylwp.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VnCC3EIcyFA/TlShlY6IIeI/AAAAAAAAAUM/c79TzHsN4AQ/s320/gggg.bmp

Why not? the executors can choose to whom to license the rights to MJ image and likeness irrespective of whether Mann has the money or not. the same way you can choose to whom to sell your own personal belongings.

Yip. They didn't allow anything to be used for that charity (cough cough) concert debacle and they nipped that bizarre TII showing by KJ's lawyers.

Honestly, I thinks pigs will fly before they'd license a thing to Howard Mann.

To be honest, personally I don't get this Katherine is being manipulated or forced claims.
She has signed a contract with Mann and she had made no attempts to get out of it. During Estate's lawsuit she sided with Mann and did not sever her ties with him - yes he was still around right before AEG trial start. So I don't get where any fan is getting the basis for claiming Katherine isn't happy with Mann contract and just fulfilling her duties and such. It's possible to walk away from a contract, it is possible to not fulfill a contract sure there would have been breach of contract lawsuits but I imagine Estate would have helped with that as they helped with Katherine's breach of contract issue with the Segye Times.

Katherine is on a video asking for fans help. That's enough for me to think that she's a willing participant in this thing. I think she probably has good intentions and wants to remember her son but also misguided in regards to some of her business partners and projects. I don't think she's being forced to do anything. That's my opinion. Everyone is free to disagree.

And we are pass the 24 hrs mark, no one from Katherine's camp is denouncing this, it is getting quite media coverage - all entertainment programs in USA mentioned it. I personally emailed 2 of her lawyers and they haven't responded. So officially this is a Katherine Jackson project that she's endorsing and actively participating. It's just some fans that are claiming that she's an unwilling participant.

Me neither. Frankly, I haven't believed she was manipulated into a thing for decades now. Manipulator -- yes.

Michael Jackson’s Mother Raises $2K Toward $3Mil Goal on FundAnything for Documentary

by Roger Friedman - December 17, 2013 1:08 am

EXCLUSIVE Really, I do not make these things up. Michael Jackson’s mother Katherine is trying to crowdfund $3.2 million on www.fundanything.com. She wants to make a documentary about Michael with a Chinese businessman named Tetsunori (Terry) T. Kunimune. He’s the CEO of something called Poly Plants, and it looks like he’s a chemical engineer. How the Jacksons select business partners should be a case study at Harvard. So far they’ve raised $2.092.

The attached art work comes from the Jacksons, aka the House of Tacky. Apparently Michael’s estate and executors didn’t know this was happening. Pass the Advil.

More about Tetsunori (Terry) T. Kunimune thanks to our friends at Insanity Nexxt

Friedman wrote: "Chinese businessman named Tetsunori (Terry) T. Kunimune. He’s the CEO of something called Poly Plants, and it looks like he’s a chemical engineer"

This is true

another company is

This is the website of one of Mr. Kunimune's companies:

"The Company was originally founded in 1979 in La Canada, California and moved its’ headquarters to Burbank, California in 1998. Through the years, Kunical has been offering a wide range of products and services to the semiconductor, wafer fabrication, solar and silicon crystal growing industries." -BX

Then BX from Insanity X has found this

And this is a website of another one of Mr. Kunimune's companies: http://tmbintl.com/, an "entertainment and events" company - and a screenhot of the "Our Services" page - it is in Japanese but basically just lists the services. Have a look at the visuals... -BX

1452191_10152096919556797_346985831_n.jpg

If you look to http://tmbintl.com/OurServices.php page (Screenshot above) and translate it, it looks like he did event coordination for Michael's History tour December 26 and 28, 1996.

I'm confused now. You don't want the fans to support Mann for the $3.2 M but you'll be willing to watch and pay for the documentary - which Katherine only gets 25% of the profits and Mann/Vaccaro and the rest gets the 75%. Isn't that also supporting Mann/Vaccaro schemes?

Wanting to hear these memories of Michael and funding Mann's licensing fee scam are two separate things correct?

I clearly said release the film without any content requiring licensing previously.

I have yet to see any evidence showing a Jackson will get any portion of this licensing fee scheme. Many here seem to believe if funded, the estate will not grant licensing.

Wanting to hear these memories of Michael and funding Mann's licensing fee scam are two separate things correct?

wanting to hear these memories of Michael is also putting money into Mann's pocket - probably more than Katherine will make given she only gets 25%. So I'm asking you. Is it "no money for licensing" but "here's money for memories"?

Ivy, yes. If he made a film where memories of Michael are discussed I would like to see it. The film can be released without content requiring licensing. No different than Gest's film or Cascio's book that many fans paid for creating profit for Gest and Cascio.

Back