Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Somebody remind me please, did Mann get to keep all the images in the vault? I seem to remember yes - but I'm not sure.

Yes. Estate never asked for physical photos and I don't believe the photos were a part of the claim

Oh brother.:doh: So, that's a legitimate response from the people who represent Katherine Jackson?

That's a response from the people behind the documentary / funding. We haven't heard from her lawyers.

Re: Katherine Jackson documentary called "Remembering Michael"/ fans asked to help with funding

Just..... >>>>>
gif-jail-sigh-gif.gif
*big sigh*

Since Michael died Joe has been saying Blanket is the spitting image of Michael when he was younger and how Blanket will be the next MJ--nothing new. It seems that a year or 2 after Michael died Katherine & Mann planned to exploit Michael and the kids. The doc must be finished if those who donate will still get the rewards even if 3 million bucks is not raised. Could it be that the 3 million is for the business partners to share among themselves.

How come one of the kids said they rarely left Neverland, when Michael took them around the world with them and they went out with Grace? Do the kids really remember the early years? The the Mail writes that Paris did not know Michael's name until age 6 and the other outlets say that Prince said that.

Um, I thought when watching the video that Joe was referring to a prediction given to him years ago about his then very young son, Michael....not something he was told recently about his grandson, Blanket. Am I the only one who heard it that way? *scratches head*
No, you heard it right. The fortune teller was talking about Michael-and then said there would never be another one. That's when Joe popped off about Blanket.

Very odd how every article I read today about the video got something blatantly wrong-they apparently don't listen at all before they write their report.

Or maybe that's just not odd at all, is it?

If she wants to remember Michael then give him the respect and peace he deserves.

I agree. There is nothing about MJ that we fans don't already know THAT HE WANTED US TO KNOW. KJ, respect his privacy for once.

Maybe I am being a bit sensitive today, but I don't think that the clips presented are particularly positive. I'm not saying that Michael's children are criticising him in any way. But if you just read what is said (and not watch), you can come away with some negative perceptions.

Secluded in the context of Michael is not seen as a good thing.

'Like a zoo' has a different connotation that what I'm sure Blanket intended.

I raise these issues because the claim is that the documentary is trying to show Michael in a positive light, but the clips released tend to feed into the existing narrative of his life and his parenting. I am sure they are clips that talk about how wonderful and attentive Michael was as a father. That may not have been as headline grabbing as 'like a zoo' but it certainly would have made a MJ fan feel a whole lot better!

No, I don't think you're being overly sensitive-I think we all probably are when it comes to Michael-but they are doing this-not only in this clip but in many I've watched through the years. What does the casual person know about Michael? They he had Bubbles, that he lived in Neverland, that he hid the kids' faces to protect their privacy-that he was a great dancer and entertainer-he's known for the Moonwalk-that's what the kids say in their "parts"-nothing at all personal-just what the public expects. They've told them what to say.
Oh, and I'm sure the terms "normal" or "strange" were sprinkled in there also.

I know they're trying to please their family and honor their father, BUT they don't realize what they're saying. I wish I had money-I would take those kids in a heartbeat. They need unconditional love. ALL KIDS DO.

The only kinds of documentary are left to do is about Michael's records, short films or tours. Maybe about the allegations but for setting the record straight, telling the truth, oboviously. If the Jacksons were already behind Life of An Icon, why doing another based on scams trying to take our money? That's low and disgusting!

Last edited:

It always goes about money. This is so sad. :(Joe is really scaring me :bugeyed- poor Blanket. I hope he can run very fast.

Here's some information about proposed Howard Mann - Katherine Jackson documentary for reference

25tun3p.jpg

Thanks for that, Ivy. Puts it all into true perspective.

Interesting.

I just watched the video in the opening post. Katherine never said she wants fans to fund anything. She says she wanted fans to join her and Michael's children in finishing the project without any specifics. Those specifics are coming from an unknown source, which is most likely Mann.

I would like to hear what Katherine's lawyers will say and I would also like to hear from the executors. They spoke up fairly quickly about licensing in regards to the Cardiff tribute.

I would like to see the finished documentary. They do not need Michael's music to complete it. If the documentary is completed, release it.

Um, I thought when watching the video that Joe was referring to a prediction given to him years ago about his then very young son, Michael....not something he was told recently about his grandson, Blanket. Am I the only one who heard it that way? *scratches head*

Lisha, you are correct. From the video in the opening post I can hear what Michael's father said for myself and I want to hear what the children said for myself. Michael's father also said he was unsure if that was fortune teller and he was clearly speaking of his own son.

Are there any other videos or sneak peeks that corroborate what these untrustworthy tabloids are reporting and other outlets are repeating that the children said? These articles are referring to AIG and have yet to correct it.

Last edited:

^^^^ How else could she possibly want fans to help 'finish' the project? Hold a camera, a mike? Lol you don't honestly think Katherine would come right out and say give me money do you?

Anyway, is this Katherines project or not? It's been 24hrs since I heard about it and no updates over night so I'm hedging toward yes. This has been all over the media so Katherine's lawyers have had plenty of time to tell us anything differently - especially as this would be a crime to deceive people.

Last edited:

I think they should come out with a statment today at latest if Katherine indeed does not support this project. After all people are giving their money for it and if it's a fraud it needs to be cleared as soon as possible and then the perpetrators need to be reported to authorities. If there's silence from Katherine's part then that is an indication of her support.

Kerry Hennigan;3939741 said:
That leaves me out then!!! :rofl:

Me too.
To be honest, the only person I'm fan of is buried, and I'm not that keen on exploitation of his kids that I would give any money towards this mockumentary.

passy001;3939745 said:
I'm curious to know what the estate has to say about that. They are using MJ image and likeness.

Yes they are, and even King of POP which is used often
http://www.trademarkia.com/king-of-pop-77806360.html

ivy;3939762 said:
About funding: After you share your campaign, you’ll begin receiving contributions that will be deposited directly into your account. This money is yours to keep. No repayment is ever required. - See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/how#sthash.TfOj6Ynj.dpuf

It looks like they get to keep whatever is given to them regardless of if they meet their funding goals or not.

No wonder they didn't select kickstarted. This fund anything suits to them much better as they are not used to give money back or pay their bills.

HIStoric;3939822 said:
Exactly and they're not even good tributes! Remember that tribute concert in 2011? That was just terrible, especially when compared to the tribute concert Freddie Mercury received. None of these tributes are worthy of Michael's name.

and they money of that Cardiff concert was supposed to go charity, but they got nothing and every single "family" member got paid.

The whole set up does walk, talk and smell like Howard Mann, plus I haven't forgotten that he was recently involved in the AEG leaked email saga so I'm not convinced that if he is involved or that he not working along side Katherine.

So if he is involved has he sought permission from the estate? Taken from Estate v Howard Mann thread, AP reporting.

[QUOTEThe settlement also restricts Howard Mann and his companies from using Jackson's likeness without permission in the future. It ends a year and a half of legal fighting over Mann's use of Jackson's name and likeness on a website used to promote unreleased songs, photographs and a book written by Katherine Jackson filled with recollections of her superstar son.][/QUOTE]

i guess another scenario is that he has sold everything and another business man has taken over.

So why are the trying to raise $3.2 million dollars?

To pay KJ's attorney's fees from AEG trial?

I agree Lisha Joe was referring to little Michael in the photo of the group. Not Blanket.

I agree Lisha Joe was referring to little Michael in the photo of the group. Not Blanket.

Its just the media who got it wrong, one said it early UK time yesterday and the others have run with it without checking... Go figure!

Thank you for reaching out to us about Remembering Michael. All of the funds raised on FundAnything will be applied to the movie's completion. If we do not hit our target, we will still release the film and fulfill all of the rewards that were purchased. The funds are being used to license songs, so the more that we raise, the more songs that will be licensed for the film. Remembering Michael is Katherine Jackson and the children's creation, and was not conducted as a estate project. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any other questions.

I hope the estate doesn't allow them to use Michael's music in it. MJ himself allowed only one song of his to be used in The Jacksons; An American dream, so I doubt he would allow any of his music to be used for this project.

^^^^^ Or his children!

How to make money in "family" style:

Exploit the most famous man in the family for money - Check
Exploit the kids of the most famous man in the family for the money - Check
Make others to pay, then collect rewards yourself - Check
Pay per view (like planned Allgood concert) - Check
Prize for donators, dinner with "family" (just like Joe did with TII viewing, $3000/person) - check

They are so predictable.

The illegally produced "Never Can Say Goodbye" book by Howard Mann as a reward said it all.
Funny how it's described/advertized as "currently out of print and unavailable in stores", LMAO!!! :smilerolleyes::rofl:

Also every donation is directly transferred to the campaign's creator's bank account with no right for a refund for the donator, how convenient...

I was reading comments on fund anything site and this got my applauds:

Mrs. Jackson,
What is wrong with you? These children should not be doing any of this stuff at this time. They should not be doing reality TV with your daughter, interviews, appearances, product endorsements, movies or pay per view projects. Your job is to help them cope with their father's death quietly , out of the public eye, and be kids. The enormity of the pressure and emotional trauma of this situation on them seems to be lost on you. They should not have a million twitter followers. They should not be testifying in court cases. You should be working towards making sure the paparazzi is not allowed to follow them. This is what your son desparately tried to protect them from. Sit down and be a grandma, not a business woman trying to pimp out your son's kids for more cash. The fall out to them will be damaged lives, just as Michael's was due to your incredibly poor parenting skills. I grieve for what you have done to these poor children. They will not fair well. Stop this madness and show up at a parent teacher conference , rather than pawning that off on someone else. Go to one of their games, school activities and just a movie with them. You are not too old to get yourself down to the court house and the board room for business meetings on the next venture you are trying to hawk. However, you seem too old to go to their school or activities. Why was Prince at his belt ceremony alone with just a 16 year old girlfriend for support? Because you were sitting in a courtroom trying to make millions. Millions you do not need. The whole world is watching you ruin these kids. And the whole world says " Just stop it !" There is no justification for your actions thus far. You are the "parent" now. Tell the children "NO!, this is not in your best interest. When you are adults you can talk all you want. Right now, your job is to heal, grow, learn , hold dear your father's memory and recover best you can from his loss."
Your lack of insight is baffling.
Kate -

^^^^^ Or his children!

I didn't mention kids because it is obvious he wouldn't want his kids to be used and abused (physically, emotionally or mentally) like himself was all of his life.
Unfortunately the estate have no say how PPB are treated by their so called guardian.

I just don't get the mentality of this "family"?
Joe and Katherine used their own kids to get out of Gary and to get better life for them.
Joe beat shite out of his kids if they didn't perform according to his standards and if they missed a dance step, he got his belt out. Katherine stood there and only said that don't hit them too hard, but she didn't stop it. KJ told his kids went they sent them to those shady strip clubs that their job is like any other 9 to 5 job, they have to work hard as anyone else.

Michael did that to them, he helped them to get out of that place, so what more they want?
It is like they greediness just grows and grows and they just don't know how to stop it.

If she doesn't stop exploiting PPB, in few years time she would be asked similar question than this one by Hello magazine, but then they would be asking about PPB:
s there anything you would change about Michael's upbringing?
He always said," I missed my childhood. I didn't get a chance to play like other children". And he didn't, being the lead singer. He would be in studio when the other boys were at home.
"You know its hard for me to say, but if I had to do it all over again, I would make them wait a while (before launching their careers), especially Michael. But I heard him say, he would do it same way;thats what he said. But I see how that affected him."

It is confirmed that Howard Mann is behind this documentary. Now we have definitive proof.

Check below Howard Mann's business partner Sonia Lowe's tweets. (She was also sued by MJ Estate together with Howard Mann). She calls herself "writer & director" of the documentary and also calls the project their "pet project" and so on.

10xx9x2.jpg

A mess

I believe it is confirmed that Howard Mann is behind this documentary.

Check below Howard Mann's business partner Sonia Lowe's tweets

10xx9x2.jpg

of course he is, but Katherine was his partner

Bbkd-oUCAAAzOuu.jpg

If the Estate is aware of this, it must be stopped. The tacky use of Michael and his children is unacceptable! Is Katerina partner with Mann or the deals have to be completed even if she isn't?

The whole set up does walk, talk and smell like Howard Mann, plus I haven't forgotten that he was recently involved in the AEG leaked email saga so I'm not convinced that if he is involved or that he not working along side Katherine.

So if he is involved has he sought permission from the estate? Taken from Estate v Howard Mann thread, AP reporting.

[QUOTEThe settlement also restricts Howard Mann and his companies from using Jackson's likeness without permission in the future. It ends a year and a half of legal fighting over Mann's use of Jackson's name and likeness on a website used to promote unreleased songs, photographs and a book written by Katherine Jackson filled with recollections of her superstar son.]

i guess another scenario is that he has sold everything and another business man has taken over.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for quoting myself but now we know Mann is behind this how do they get about this apparent ban. Do they have permission?

Back