Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012

Don't forget you are talking about grown men (not all, but some) who didn't even want to provide financially for their OWN children. Their way of providing meant DUMPING said children at Havenhurst.

I, myself, wouldn't put much faith in men like that.

True good point but like i said all could change if they do well with their concerts and miraculously change their minds & help out. It would be a miracle if they did finally

Honestly I want to hear Katherine's answers to some of the questions AEG's lawyers posed. Did Katherine know MJ had a sleep disorder? what did she think of his physical state and mental state? According to Janet the entire family knew MJ had a 'problem' as she put it, so why didn't Katherine help her son and monitor who his doctors were and what they were doing? The family wants to blame AEG but they need to look at themselves as well.

Yes. I agree. After all, according to Michael's family, Katherine was able to reach Michael when no one else in the family could reach him. But yet she said he was fine when she went to see him just mere weeks before his death, right during the time that Michael was supposed to be already on his way downhill with the propofol and pills. She would have seen something wrong with him because he wouldn't have been able to hide the effects of having all that stuff in his system if he was an addict like the family claims. But AEG was supposed to know everything about this from top to bottom especially given the court testimony that Murray told them that there was no problem with Michael?? I don't believe that.

Last edited:

I guess they will finally have to admit their non excistant relationship with mj or lie to continue to protect the family image

So what happens if people lie during a testimony under oath?

Last edited:

So what happens if people lie during a testimony under oath?
Perjury is the criminal offense of lying under oath. A perjury charge may be brought when someone makes a false statement after being sworn in or promising to tell the truth in a legal situation. For instance, a person giving testimony on the stand during a court case who tells a lie may be charged with perjury. Someone who lies during a deposition, or who lies on a signed declaration or affidavit can also be charged with this offense.

More here: http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/white_collar_crimes/perjury.htm

Didn't Nicole A. The Instrument lie during her testimony but she wasn't charged with perjury?

This is what they used to do back in the day
"The punishment for perjury under the common law has varied from death to banishment and has included such grotesque penalties as severing the tongue of the perjurer."

Last edited:

Update : April 17 , 2012

Not surprisingly Katherine Jackson's lawyers have filed opposition documents to AEG's motion asking the judge to order Katherine Jackson to answer interrogatories, document requests and deposition.

Main points :
- Katherine's lawyers argue that AEG's motion is unnecessary because Katherine already agreed to be deposed on April 17, 2012 (which was today).
- No one from AEG has been deposed to this date as well.

- Katherine (and Prince, Paris, Blanket) will submit supplemental responses to the interrogatories before April 24 (hearing date).
- Katherine (and Prince, Paris, Blanket) do not have any documents in regards to most of the requests and if they have anything they would provide them to AEG before April 24 (hearing date).

- Katherine's lawyers argue that AEG cannot complain about the responses Katherine already sent them. (If you remember AEG argued that Katherine responded by sending the same answer copied pasted to multiple questions. AEG argues this is non-responsive.) Katherine's lawyers argue that Katherine's responses are proper and even objections can be sent as a response.
- Katherine's lawyers state "just because AEG Live doesn't like Mrs. Jackson's response, it's not entitled to a court order mandating that she change it"
- They state as some of the questions are about to find out Katherine's legal theories in this case, objections to such questions saying that they are protected "work products" or "attorney-client privilege" is proper.

The document reads

"The plaintiffs (Katherine and PPB) did not, at the time of filling of the complaint nor currently possess the full body of evidence of this misconduct. Rather, plaintiffs suspected (correctly) that this evidence would emerge in discovery and indeed it has."

Furthermore they state

"The most evidence of Defendants (AEG) wrongdoing is in Defendants (AEG) possession"

In other words Katherine's lawyer say that they still do not have the full evidence but they are uncovering evidence from the documents / answers sent to them from AEG. They also argue that AEG have the answers / documents / evidence in their possession.

They cite some examples of this evidence.

- First is a June 2009 email from Gongaware which states " We want to remind him (Murray) that it is AEG, not MJ who is paying his salary. We want him (Murray) to understand what is expected of him (Murray)".
- It's stated that Michael missed / did not attend rehearsals on June 13 based on Murray's direction (which resulted in the above email). It's alleged that the next day Gongaware called for a meeting with Murray asking him to explain why Michael missed a rehearsal. It's stated that after AEG's reminder (that they are paying Murray) and Murray's job was to get Michael to rehearsals, Murray started creating a schedule for Michael so Michael would not miss rehearsals.
- There's a mention that Gongaware and Phillips was advised on June 19 that Michael was a "basket case". (no other details are provided)
- It's also stated that on June 20 meeting Murray guaranteed he would resolve the situation with Michael missing the rehearsals.
- KJ's lawyers argue that either implicitly or explicitly AEG was requiring Michael to treat with Murray and work with Murray to get to rehearsals.
- KJ's lawyers also argue that AEG / Phillips has supervised Murray as he asked him to look into Klein's treatment of Michael.
- The documents also state that Murray's goal was not health and well-being of his patient MJ but Murray's object was to ensure that Michael attended rehearsals as AEG wanted.

Tidbit : From the documents we also learned that Katherine's lawyers served Paul Gongaware with a notice of videotaped deposition on September 28,2011 after he testified in Murray trial. AEG's lawyers rejected the deposition request citing that Gongaware was still "subject to be recalled as witness" on the criminal trial.

Disclaimer: This summary is the copyrighted property of MJJC. Copying / translating this material is ONLY permitted by REQUEST. Contact Ivy for permission.

I am still confused how Katherine will answer those questions. Why didn't Katherine know her son was a 'basketcase'? why didn't she know that her son's health was deterioriating?

They keep going on about Michael missing rehearsals. Didn't the judge say AEG had a right to want Michael to be at rehearsals? And Phillips inquiring about Michael going to Klein IMO means he was worried about Michael has he said he was when he was on the stand. More then some so called family was

They keep going on about Michael missing rehearsals. Didn't the judge say AEG had a right to want Michael to be at rehearsals? And Phillips inquiring about Michael going to Klein IMO means he was worried about Michael has he said he was when he was on the stand. More then some so called family was

Exactly! Ortega and Phillips sounded concerned and so did Frank Dileo but Murray kept telling them MJ was fine and healthy. If anything the family who claimed 'they knew MJ had a problem' especially Janet, Randy and Rebbie:beee: should've done something if they felt MJ wasn't ready to do 50 shows. They knew he had a problem and saw him a month before at the anniversary party yet they weren't concerned about their alleged drugged out brother getting on stage for 50 shows?

KJ's lawyers are obviously stalling the process. i don't think they will delay this any much longer. The reality is KJ will have to be deposed at some point during which she will be subjected to tough questioning. So by copying and pasting the same answers in her questionnaire isn't going to make this go away.

KJ's lawyers are obviously stalling the process. i don't think they will delay this any much longer. The reality is KJ will have to be deposed at some point during which she will be subjected to tough questioning. So by copying and pasting the same answers in her questionnaire isn't going to make this go away.

I agree. At some point the court is going to ask what's holding the lawsuit process up. I think AEG have every right to complain if Katherine answers don't make sense or if they believe she is just playing games with them. Katherine brought this lawsuit. She can't hope to keep it going in the court without being confronted by questions from AEG's legal team about what proof she has. The only way that she's going to avoid answering tough questions is if she decides to drop this lawsuit. And I don't see that happening.

The fact katherine and her lawyers are acting like the defendents in this case ie trying to stall things and not answering questions says it all.

funny that kjs lawyers claim the depo was supp to happen on april 17th. and they are uncovering evidence as they go along and didnt really have any when they first filed. nice to see the family are now calling mj a basket case ontop of everything else. guess he wasnt enough of a basket case not to do the family money making show in texas. what a vile "family"

"There's a mention that Gongaware and Phillips was advised on June 19 that Michael was a "basket case". (no other details are provided)"

PG and RP got an email from Ortega that day. In the email, Ortega didn't say or referred Michael as a basket case. I don't remember anyone referring MJ as a basket even in the trial so it must be KJ lawyers translated contest of KO email to suit their own purposes.

Ortega's testimony from that day:
Ortega, the first witness called by the prosecution, said that on June 19, 2009, less than a week before Jackson was found dead from a drug overdose, Jackson arrived at rehearsal unwell.

"My friend wasn't right," Ortega said of Jackson. "There was something going on that was deeply troubling me."

Ortega said Jackson appeared lost and incoherent. He rubbed Jackson's chilled feet and fed him food when it was clear he hadn't eaten.

Ortega was so disturbed by Jackson's state that he sent an email to Randy Phillips of AEG Live, the concert promoter, saying that "real emotional stuff" was going on and that "everything in me says that Jackson should be psychologically evaluated."

"There is no one taking responsibility, caring for him on a daily basis ... today I was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets ... and calling his doctor," Ortega wrote.

He later wrote, "Finally, it's important for everyone to know, I believe that he really wants this. It would shatter him, break his heart if we pulled the plug. He's terribly frightened it's all going to go away."
----------------
I hope tabloids doesn't pick up that Katherine and her lawyers refers Michael as basket case:-(
I should have been used to it by now, she has called her son drug addict, nose like tooth pick and bad parent. Why not throw in basket case too!

Last edited:

*Sigh* All I keep thinking is that the biggest loser from this lawsuit I fear will be Michael.

"There's a mention that Gongaware and Phillips was advised on June 19 that Michael was a "basket case". (no other details are provided)"

PG and RP got an email from Ortega that day. In the email, Ortega didn't say or referred Michael as a basket case. I don't remember anyone referring MJ as a basket even in the trial so it must be KJ lawyers translated contest of KO email to suit their own purposes.

Ortega's testimony from that day:
Ortega, the first witness called by the prosecution, said that on June 19, 2009, less than a week before Jackson was found dead from a drug overdose, Jackson arrived at rehearsal unwell.

"My friend wasn't right," Ortega said of Jackson. "There was something going on that was deeply troubling me."

Ortega said Jackson appeared lost and incoherent. He rubbed Jackson's chilled feet and fed him food when it was clear he hadn't eaten.

Ortega was so disturbed by Jackson's state that he sent an email to Randy Phillips of AEG Live, the concert promoter, saying that "real emotional stuff" was going on and that "everything in me says that Jackson should be psychologically evaluated."

"There is no one taking responsibility, caring for him on a daily basis ... today I was feeding him, wrapping him in blankets ... and calling his doctor," Ortega wrote.

He later wrote, "Finally, it's important for everyone to know, I believe that he really wants this. It would shatter him, break his heart if we pulled the plug. He's terribly frightened it's all going to go away."

Ortega's testimony and email to Phillips was just painful to listen to.. It seems MJ was in a bad way for a minute and there was absolutely no one that cared or did anything to help him. Why is Katherine upset with AEG or Kenny Ortega? what else did she have to do besides to check in on Mike to see how he was doing? if she can file this lawsuit and fight for money she could've easily checked on her son's health and well-being considering she was well aware he was about to embark on a 50 date tour.. All of this occurred on father's day.. Did anyone in MJ's lovely family call to wish him a Happy Father's Day that day?

*Sigh* All I keep thinking is that the biggest loser from this lawsuit I fear will be Michael.

well at least he's not here to hear the pain.:boohoo If he was such a wreck and a basketcase why didn't his family help him?

If anything the family who claimed 'they knew MJ had a problem' especially Janet, Randy and Rebbie:beee: should've done something if they felt MJ wasn't ready to do 50 shows. They knew he had a problem and saw him a month before at the anniversary party yet they weren't concerned about their alleged drugged out brother getting on stage for 50 shows?

The ONLY thing they were concerned with was either getting him to appear with them on stage again or finding a way to become part of the O2 gigs. Janet, as we all know, said that there was one member they were still working on. We also know the person she was talking about was her brother Michael!

Add that to Tito Jackson saying that he "hoped that Michael would ask the brothers to join him on stage during the O2 dates." I clearly remember Tito saying that and the look of delight on his face when he said it. I'm sure "Mother" was enlisted to ensure that would eventually happen at some point, i.e. "Michael PLEASE let your brothers join you."

When the family talks about putting STRESS on Michael, they should ALL take a look in the mirror, in my opinion!

Last edited:

thats the jacksons for you.making sure the rest of the family can live in luxury is what matters and if that means letting murray make millions after he comes out and instead throw mj under a bus then so be it. its greed and nothing more and shows the families true colours as to what they felt about the imbarassment. but aslong as he paid their bills they kept quiet. when he made sure they got nothing in the will the colours showed. ive seen haters with more respect for mj than them.

Last edited:

The ONLY thing they were concerned with was either getting him to appear with them on stage again or finding a way to become part of the O2 gigs. Janet, as we all know, said that there was one member they were still working on. We also know the person she was talking about was her brother Michael!

Add that to Tito Jackson saying that he "hoped that Michael would ask the brothers to join him on stage during the O2 dates." I clearly remember Tito saying that and the look of delight on his face when he said it. I'm sure "Mother" was enlisted to ensure that would eventually happen at some point, i.e. "Michael PLEASE let your brothers join you."

When the family talks about putting STRESS on Michael, they should ALL take a look in the mirror, in my opinion!

well said. do the family think we all have bad memories. i guess not as bad as janets seeing as she goes on about interventions yet has no clue when they actually happened. is that before or after mj said no to the family reunion. i guess the family need a reason as to why mj wanted nothing to do with them as the truth is to hard for them to face.and godforbid it hurts the families united wholesome image.so much easier to throw the crazy one under the bus instead

Did anyone in MJ's lovely family call to wish him a Happy Father's Day that day?
Well, according to Jermaine, Michael didn't have cell phone!
There is no records them calling to Michael but there is record Michael calling to Cascio and Lester families on fathers day.
About Katherine checking on Michael, she did say to Joe that she didn't want to invade Michael's privacy when Joe put the blame of MJ's death on her. We all know how it is in Jackson fam, put the blame on someone else, not the man in the mirror:sad2:

Well, according to Jermaine, Michael didn't have cell phone!

LOL! So is Jermaine saying that Rebbie LIED when she said that the "cell phone case" she sold at auction belonged to her brother Michael Jackson.

Just MORE proof that the Jackson's will come up with anything, aside from the TRUTH, as to why they had no contact with Michael.

The only problem with that is the times when their collective stories don't match up. LOL! Perfect example is this story wherein Jermaine says Michael had no cell phone, yet Rebbie sold a cell phone case CLAIMING it belonged to Michael.

nice to see the family are now calling mj a basket case ontop of everything else. guess he wasnt enough of a basket case not to do the family money making show in texas. what a vile "family"

they are not calling MJ a basket case, they are quoting someone.

Ortega's email is also mentioned. But seeing it written in quotations as "basket case", I believe they are quoting someone else.

they are not calling MJ a basket case, they are quoting someone.
Ortega's email is also mentioned. But seeing it written in quotations as "basket case", I believe they are quoting someone else.

Or maybe they found Merriam-Webster dictionary and found suitable definition for MJ's condition, albeit I think it is highly inappropriate.
Basket case
2. a person who is suffering from extreme nervous strain; nervous wreck
a. someone or something that is incapable of functioning normally

I wonder if they have someone from medical field reviewing all the Michael's medical records, and symptoms that Michael had few days before he died? If that medical person told them that Michael was basket case? Such a strange word to be used!

well we will see how this turns out. I am just waiting to see if Katherine will ever give answers to these questions. If she was aware that her son was a 'basket case' and was not well, what did she do about it? why did she ignore him? and why didn't she go and check on him after Joe asked her too?

If she was aware that her son was a 'basket case' and was not well, what did she do about it? why did she ignore him? and why didn't she go and check on him after Joe asked her too?

Shoot, in my opinion, if anything Joe wanted her to go "check on Michael," so that she would do Joe's biddings and PLEAD with Michael to let his father (and Leonard Rowe) be a part of the O2 gigs.

I mean, it's safe to say, that when all else fails, "Mother" goes in and does the begging on behalf of [enter name of Jackson family member].

I don't believe the family knew what was going on in Michael's life. All their info or beliefs are from hearing from other people. He did keep in touch with his mother but doesn't mean she knows anything. People who actually talked to Michael, spent time with him know him better and could probably answer questions about him better than his own family. I am not talking about him as a child but in the last years of his life.

This is their last chance to get big money and they will throw Michael under the bus as they have before to get it. I hope it fails. When Murray starts to make money off of Michael's death that will be their fault. I don't want to hear any complaints from them as the concerned family when they could have stopped it and threw the chance away.

The amount of hate towards the family here seems a little ott.

Just to say, I don't agree with this lawsuit. I don't believe that AEG are responsible. I believe sole responsibility lay with Conrad Murray. However, Katherine does have a right to file suit as she feels appropriate. I certainly don't think the children should be involved. Ultimately, no amount of money will bring Michael back.

Last edited:

The amount of hate towards the family here seems a little ott.

No offense, but The Family "made their bed," and I wouldn't call it hate, I call it DISAPPOINTMENT!

I'm sure there are a bunch of us, including myself, who started out being very, very supportive of The Jackson family, but with their actions since Michael's death, it's just impossible to continue being supportive. They have done so many things, that if I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would have said "that's a lie, The Jacksons would NEVER do that." Silly me! Going after AEG instead of The Murderer Murray is just the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion.

No offense, but The Family "made their bed," and I wouldn't call it hate, I call it DISAPPOINTMENT!

I'm sure there are a bunch of us, including myself, who started out being very, very supportive of The Jackson family, but with their actions since Michael's death, it's just impossible to continue being supportive. They have done so many things, that if I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would have said "that's a lie, The Jacksons would NEVER do that." Silly me! Going after AEG instead of The Murderer Murray is just the tip of the iceberg, in my opinion.

But the Jacksons aren't going after AEG. The plaintiffs are Katherine and Prince, Paris, Blanket. That doesn't equate to the whole family. Isn't Conrad Murray already in prison?
There are plenty of other people who have let Michael down in death, not just the family.

They could have stopped Murray from profiting from Michael's death. He has no money. Instead they chose to drop that and go after AEG who is not responsible for Michael's death. Murray is and always be but he only get 2 years for killing someone. Katherine can sue whoever but it's not about Michael but ensuring that the rest of the family is taken care of financially. It's well known that Michael took care of all of them mostly and now he isn't doing that anymore. It wasn't his job to do that anyways but he was a kind soul that helped his family. It's Katherine and the kids but if they won big Katherine would give it to the rest of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back