Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date set Sept. 10, 2012

I believe this is a contingency suit, like most of these kinds of suits are, and the lawyers get a third
(or 40%+) of any award they win PLUS all their expenses.
Thanks.
So if Katherine loses, her lawyer just go home 40% of nothing.
Also Katherine have to pay AEG court costs + their expenses? That is going to be huge amount of money and if estate doesn't pay it, how she is going to pay?

Thanks.
Also Katherine have to pay AEG court costs + their expenses? That is going to be huge amount of money and if estate doesn't pay it, how she is going to pay?

I have a feeling the reason why the j5 bros are doing this unity tour is cause so they will have back up money just in case the aeg lawsuit doesnt go well. Im not saying it as pure fact but its just a thought that came to me

I cannot see brothers helping out their mother if thats the case. They didn't help Katherine when she was going to lose Havenhurst. No,they do it to line up their own pockets.

I cannot see brothers helping out their mother if thats the case. They didn't help Katherine when she was going to lose Havenhurst. No,they do it to line up their own pockets.

Just cause they didnt help her out with havenhurst doesnt mean they wont help her out with this lawsuit.

How much are they charging for tickets as they are only doing small venues so considering the amount of outgoings and the splits unless tiks cost alot i dont see them making much.

kj will just claim proverty if she loses.i doubt they have even thought about such details as what if we dont get any money and have AEG asking for fees. considering how they stole and kept the korean money and their ethics i doubt they are bothered

Last edited:

Just cause they didnt help her out with havenhurst doesnt mean they wont help her out with this lawsuit.
Don't forget you are talking about grown men (not all, but some) who didn't even want to provide financially for their OWN children. Their way of providing meant DUMPING said children at Havenhurst.

I, myself, wouldn't put much faith in men like that.

Thanks.

Correct.

AEG might not even pursue expenses from her for image reasons. She's the elderly mother of Michael Jackson, and for much of the public that still makes her a sentimental figure. AEG may just want to put it all to rest, and eat the costs. After all, they did profit from the TII movie.

Yeah i agree. i dont think aeg would go after payments

Just becoz she's his mother everyone gives her face.
Estate bails her out for the Korean suit and
AEG probably won't pursue legal costs
from her out of respect for Michael.
It's a foregone conclusion she's gonna lose.
She's in denial if she can't see that.
Better cop out, cut her losses now drop this suit and move on
than to air their dirty laundry for the whole world to see.
Save the embarrassment. Don't need to have Michael's name dragged
through the mud again even in death.
Last days in live he was the media whipping boy,
but by his passing the estate turned it around.
As a grieving mum the only right thing is to preserve his legacy.
Do it to for the dignity of her lost son and grandchildren if she says she loved Michael.
If she still insists, the estate must show their hand.
If they are hard up of money why let go of Conrat's restitution

I think she should drop the suit. The only person she should have gone after was Murray and preventing him from making money off of Michael's death. You know he is going to do it when he gets out. They had the chance with the help of the prosecution and they dropped it. It's not about the money since Murray has none but it was about protecting Michael.

I know this will sound rude and harsh but maybe a long time if the Jacksons had just moved on and done their own things and work then maybe they would be better off today. Instead they lived off Michael which wasn't fair to him and kept waiting for him to come back and to do reunions and albums and such. It was never going to happen and they could never let go of that. Now at their ages they are scrambling to make money because Michael isn't here to take care of them. But they use him still and the best thing they could do for Michael is to protect and support him like Michael did for them all his life.

Well said *claps*

wasn't AEG to supply equipment and a nurse once they got to europe, how much did AEG know?

What a waste this whole thing is. I can't believe they waived their rights to restitution and sold Michael out to Murray for this! It's beyond ridiculous.

What a waste this whole thing is. I can't believe they waived their rights to restitution and sold Michael out to Murray for this! It's beyond ridiculous.

I still cannot believe that they did it. It makes me sick.
I would have make Murray to pay the rest of his life and stop him from profiting of his crime.
They had two options:
1 No restitution from Murray=better chances to get more money from AEG if they win
2 Restitution from Murray and nominal amount from AEG (they knew that Murray was never going to pay)

They took the one that have better chances to get more money, and that makes me so angry that I really want to scream.
They sold Michael for fistful of dollars.

wasn't AEG to supply equipment and a nurse once they got to europe, how much did AEG know?

The further question is how much was it AEG's responsibility to know?

For them to be willing to pay/advance a $150,000 a month, they knew Murray was doing more than taking MJ's blood pressure. I can see that being a major part of KJ's lawyers contention. That AEG knew Murray was doing something to justify that kind of payment. One of the bone of contentions will be whether it was their responsibility to find out exactly what that "something" was. If they learned it was propofol, were they suppose to further investigate and find out exactly what propofol was? If they then learned how dangerous it was, despite it not being illegal, was it there responsibility to then ensure Murray had the right equipment or to stop Murray from administering it period?

Since KJ is claiming AEG "hired" Murray and were ultimately responsible for MJ's safety, her lawyers might be able to successfully argue if they didn't know what was going on, they should have and taken appropriate actions, be it equipment, nurse and everything else.

The further question is how much was it AEG's responsibility to know?

For them to be willing to pay/advance a $150,000 a month, they knew Murray was doing more than taking MJ's blood pressure. I can see that being a major part of KJ's lawyers contention. That AEG knew Murray was doing something to justify that kind of payment. One of the bone of contentions will be whether it was their responsibility to find out exactly what that "something" was. If they learned it was propofol, were they suppose to further investigate and find out exactly what propofol was? If they then learned how dangerous it was, despite it not being illegal, was it there responsibility to then ensure Murray had the right equipment or to stop Murray from administering it period?

Since KJ is claiming AEG "hired" Murray and were ultimately responsible for MJ's safety, her lawyers might be able to successfully argue if they didn't know what was going on, they should have and taken appropriate actions, be it equipment, nurse and everything else.

All this stuff were addressed during the Murray trial. It's already been established that AEG did NOT hire Murray. In fact based on testimonies, they wanted nothing to do with him. hence, they never paid him and were EVEN trying to get MJ to fire him.

AEG also became suspicious of MJ's health and even tried to get some answers from Murray. But he kept telling them that it's all good and there was nothing to worry about.

All this stuff were addressed during the Murray trial. It's already been established that AEG did NOT hire Murray. In fact based on testimonies, they wanted nothing to do with him. hence, they never paid him and were EVEN trying to get MJ to fire him.

AEG also became suspicious of MJ's health and even tried to get some answers from Murray. But he kept telling them that it's all good and there was nothing to worry about.

The who did the hiring is still going to be argued. It's a technical point, and KJ's team hired an additional attornery AFTER the trial. They're not slowing down in pursuing this case. They might not be answering questions as they should, but they don't seem to be abandoning this suit either. At least not yet.

My thinking was the "Independent Contractor" agreement between AEG and Murray answered the question that Murray was being contracted as an MJ hire and that the civil suit was going to be immediately dismissed when AEG first asked. I'm sure AEG presented a lot of the same information then, but a judge still said the case should proceed.

We may think it's conclusive as to who hired Murray at this point, but that doesn't mean lawyers can't make a case it isn't.

Lawyers will always argue their side of the story as thats the job. but from the evidence we have seen its pretty clear cut. but of course who knows what a jury will do even when the facts as we know from the trial make it seem pretty one sided. katherines lawyers will fight re who hired who because thats basically all thats left of the suit after the judge threw the rest out. alot is down to interpretation but the criminal case damaged katherines claims greatly

Yeah, with a jury, it's still up for graps, especially when its a case of big business versus someone's mother. There's a certain mentality that big business equals bad and if there was some wrong done, they did it.

Very true but with this case u also have the otherside. ie those who will blame mj and not want to have AEG held liable. jury makeup will be a big factor

Honestly I want to hear Katherine's answers to some of the questions AEG's lawyers posed. Did Katherine know MJ had a sleep disorder? what did she think of his physical state and mental state? According to Janet the entire family knew MJ had a 'problem' as she put it, so why didn't Katherine help her son and monitor who his doctors were and what they were doing? The family wants to blame AEG but they need to look at themselves as well.

According to Janet the entire family knew MJ had a 'problem' as she put it, so why didn't Katherine help her son and monitor who his doctors were and what they were doing? The family wants to blame AEG but they need to look at themselves as well.

You summed up my opinion

I guess they will finally have to admit their non excistant relationship with mj or lie to continue to protect the family image

Will we ever get to see the answers to these questions or are they sealed and it will just be a case of picking answers from what we hear during the trial

It is perfectly reasonable to me that AEG would go along with paying Murray 150,000 a month because A. Michael insisted on having a doctor he trusted and had personal friendship with. B. Murray was giving up a seemingly lucrative practice in two states to act as Michael’s personal physician. From AEG’s point of view Murray’s job was to keep Michael healthy during the tour. KJ and the entire Jackson family saw Michael at the family dinner shortly before his death. Joe even expressed concern to KJ that Michael didn’t look right and urged her to go over and check on him. KJ chose to ignore her own son yet she has the nerve to expect AEG to be mind readers, baby sitters and investigators? I don’t buy it for a moment.

Victory22;3620451 said:
It is perfectly reasonable to me that AEG would go along with paying Murray 150,000 a month because A. Michael insisted on having a doctor he trusted and had personal friendship with. B. Murray was giving up a seemingly lucrative practice in two states to act as Michael’s personal physician. From AEG’s point of view Murray’s job was to keep Michael healthy during the tour. KJ and the entire Jackson family saw Michael at the family dinner shortly before his death. Joe even expressed concern to KJ that Michael didn’t look right and urged her to go over and check on him. KJ chose to ignore her own son yet she has the nerve to expect AEG to be mind readers, baby sitters and investigators? I don’t buy it for a moment.

According to Murray, he had to close down 'three' lucrative practices in three states. Four if you count what he told the people given him the propfol. Also, the 150,000 had to be negotiated since Murray wanted a lot more than that on top of all the medical equipment. Even then, Murray wanted his check before he got that equipment.

On the family, also remember that both Katherine and Joe attended that meeting two weeks before Michael died. Joe admitted in an interview that he said nothing about Michael's suppose health or well-being, it was all about money. So, what ever worry he had during that dinner disappeared when the opportunity of being paid came up.

Yeah, I want this suit to go to court so it can be torn apart for the piece of crap it is.

I wonder if they will put Joe on the stand and question him about conversations he reportedly had with KJ about Michaels health.

Will we ever get to see the answers to these questions or are they sealed and it will just be a case of picking answers from what we hear during the trial

there's a protective order - meaning that anything can be sealed. We'll see what is filed and what is mentioned at court.

I wonder if they will put Joe on the stand and question him about conversations he reportedly had with KJ about Michaels health.

there was questions asked to Katherine about her talks with Joe.

here's the question

identify and describe all communications , if any, that you had with Joseph Jackson relating to Michael Jackson in the time period extending from January 1, 2009 to June 25 2009.

They all said how great Michael seemed to them the last time they saw him in May. He was happy and excited about the shows. They know nothing and what they are saying now is what other people have told them or they heard about. It's in an interview that Katherine even said she saw him a week before he died and he seemed fine. I am sorry but I don't believe that his family knew much about Michael's life as they would like people to think they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back