La Toya releases new book and single / Summary @ Pg 30 / Pictures @ Pg 33

Re: La Toya to release new book and single on the same day

then it should have stayed about that instead of putting a pic of mj on the cover and having the promo for the book be all about mj in an attempt to garner more sales.

MJ photo and info about him is whats needed to 'sell' this book and she and the publishers know this...same goes for Jermaine's book too. They may not look at it as 'using' MJ but thats pretty much what it is.

no, i meant "now" not "not" in that last sentence..that was a typo..if you would have read my other posts you would have realised that I think whoever is promoting this book (whether it is La TOya herself or her manager) has changed the description from being about her life to to including details of michael to gain more sales of the book..

Has this been posted?

"Singer and bestselling author La Toya Jackson will be signing copies of her forthcoming memoir "Starting Over" at Barnes & Noble on Wednesday, June 22 in New York City.

La Toya has always been deemed as the most outspoken out of the Jackson children. And now Jackson is doing just that, by revealing intimate moments she shared with her brother, Michael Jackson.

"Starting Over" is a heartfelt memoir riddled with behind-the-scenes details that she believes led to The King Of Pop's death. She always sheds light on what led to the destruction of her brother. The book promises to leave no stone unturned, as La Toya will reveal secrets that have surrounded Michael and the other Jackson children for years"

I have been around long enough to know that I need to wait to see what it is said in this book before I blow a gasket.

But I gotta tell ya, just reading 'product descriptions' and other promotional snippets, I can feel my hackles rising ....

La Toya has always been deemed as the most outspoken out of the Jackson children. And now Jackson is doing just that, by revealing intimate moments she shared with her brother, Michael Jackson.

"Starting Over" is a heartfelt memoir riddled with behind-the-scenes details that she believes led to The King Of Pop's death. She always sheds light on what led to the destruction of her brother. The book promises to leave no stone unturned, as La Toya will reveal secrets that have surrounded Michael and the other Jackson children for years"

Why in the world are they DEEMING LaToya to be "outspoken." LOL! I thought it was her ex-husband who FORCED her to say all of that stuff, i.e. to be outspoken.

"The book promises to leave no stone unturned." Sounds sort of like the description of her OTHER book. LOL! I mean, REVEALING Jackson family secrets. I guess the SECRETS she told the first time around were forced upon her by Jack Gordon (sorry, but I never believed that excuse) and the SECRETS she reveals this time around will be MADE-UP by herself.

Not for nothing, but it is my opinion, that MOST folks don't take LaToya seriously, so it doesn't really matter what she has to say - this time around!

Has this been posted?

"Singer and bestselling author La Toya Jackson will be signing copies of her forthcoming memoir "Starting Over" at Barnes & Noble on Wednesday, June 22 in New York City.

La Toya has always been deemed as the most outspoken out of the Jackson children. And now Jackson is doing just that, by
revealing intimate moments she shared with her brother, Michael Jackson.

"Starting Over" is a heartfelt memoir riddled with behind-the-scenes details that she believes led to The King Of Pop's death.
She always sheds light on what led to the destruction of her brother. The book promises to leave no stone unturned, as La
Toya will reveal secrets that have surrounded Michael and the other Jackson children for years"

My question is this if this memoir was not about Michael then why is latoya leaving no stone unturned about MJ secrets?
Why why is she not tell her own secrets?

In the world of the Jackson's dear friend Leonard Rowe "the Jackson was cold as ice namely Janet" but MJ died and his whole family and so called best friend has resin from the ash.

lol I start to think maybe I should go read Leonard Rowe's book lol
I thought he was really close to Joe and J family.
and he is saying all these in his book?! wow
The Janet getting angry of MJ not tour with the whole family story is interesting too.

Has this been posted?

:eek:

Best selling? :thinking: LOL Never!!!! :doh: Who said that? :fear:

Vici you have the link?

lol I start to think maybe I should go read Leonard Rowe's book lol
I thought he was really close to Joe and J family.
and he is saying all these in his book?! wow
The Janet getting angry of MJ not tour with the whole family story is interesting too.

Janet never got mad at MJ for not touring. That isn't even insinuated in the book. Noone was mad at MJ because from my recollection he told them he wasn't ready at the moment and he needed time. Leonard thought Janet was cold and appreciative toward him because he helped her get a gig (or was looking for her one).

I'm also not sure if the book is gonna be about MJ. I think it will mainly be about her and she will have stuff in there about the trial and his death. I think Jermaines book will mainly be about MJ

Vici you have the link?

Her book was on the bestsellers list so that means she is a bestsellerr. ANyone who has a best selling book are automatically considered bestsellers

Vici you have the link?

Her first book, released in 1991, was a best seller I think. I don't think her current one will sell as much though, but they are trying with the references to Michael.

My thing is - I do not begrudge anyone in the Jackson family from pursuing their projects. There is more to them than being related to Michael. I respect their personal and professional choices. However, if you are going to use Michael or his children in any way to further those choices, I am going to be all up in your business!

If they are not careful MORE people will be turned off from them when it becomes clear that they are riding Michael's coat-tails even more so in death.

My thing is - I do not begrudge anyone in the Jackson family from pursuing their projects. There is more to them than being related to Michael. I respect their personal and professional choices. However, if you are going to use Michael or his children in any way to further those choices, I am going to be all up in your business!

If they are not careful MORE people will be turned off from them when it becomes clear that they are riding Michael's coat-tails even more so in death.

Agree....

I also agree with this.

Her book was on the bestsellers list so that means she is a bestsellerr. ANyone who has a best selling book are automatically considered bestsellers

I know. But am I so shocked that the first book has become a best seller (I did not know it). It's unbelievable to me. The book was not worthy for it to become a best seller. :fear:

I forgot where I read it but I just googled it and USA Today mentions it
http://content.usatoday.com/topics/article/LaToya+Jackson/03MseNY9VN97P/1

Thanks! ;)

Her first book, released in 1991, was a best seller I think.

The first book... best seller? :unsure: Can not be true! :doh: :fear: *I'm still shocked...*

:agree:

I feel the same. They have their own lives and experiences and they can write about that if they want. As long as they stay respectful to Michael and his kids.

Agree as well.

But LaToya did said some positive things about Michael in her first book.

Honestly I'm very curious to read her book.

That's a good trailer... I'm tempted to get this book.

At first I had no intention of buying this book, now I'm a little persuaded. I'll just wait until I've heard a few reviews first I think...

Yea its interesting and I really wanna read about her relationship because she never talks about it

:horror

:fear:

Well, if La Toya talk of conspiracy against Michael, I hope she put the names of those people in the book. Damn, I'm tired... they (family) talk of conspiracy and not give names. :doh:

Okay, just watched that promo video and basically it would seem that this book will be LaToya's memoir of Michael, just like Jermaine. Why am I not surprised.

She's talking about murder and saying she'll let the public know who these persons are? well its about time she named names, but I highly doubt she will.

Its like Michael is the gift that keeps on giving.

That promo did crap for me! Why would I have to buy a book to know who MJ killers are? That's if she even name them? It'll be most likely guessing? :smilerolleyes:

Seriously, how can she put a price on the truth about MJs death? Go to the police if ya know the truth La Toya?! Don't sell be a freakin book. :no:

That promo did crap for me! Why would I have to buy a book to know who MJ killers are? That's if she even name them? It'll be most likely guessing? :smilerolleyes:

Seriously, how can she put a price on the truth about MJs death? Go to the police if ya know the truth La Toya?! Don't sell be a freakin book. :no:

You're right, if she had some inkling about someone who she thinks murdered her brother, don't write about it in your book, get to the police and demand they listen to what you have to say.
I think this is all just a ploy to make MJ fans want to buy the book, because in reality we are the only market for this book, I'm still interested as to what she has to say, but I don't think she will reveal anything much, I doubt I will buy the book...

Back