Lawyers want money from the estate

for the lawyers>>
1sehw3.gif

I love "I Will Mess You Up."" Wouldn't it be wonderful if he can use his spiritual power and mess them up!!!!

From probate notes

OBJECTIONS filed 7/12/11
Objectors: John Branca and John McClain, co-exrs
Attorneys: Paul Gordon and Jeryll S. Cohen
Objectors are co-exrs

FACTS-OBJS: objects to pmt of fees & costs stating Mrs. Jackson's apptmt lasted only one week; svcs rendered by the Rosenfeld Firm did not benefit the estate and, in fact, caused the estate to incur substantial additional atty fees, to the detriment of other estate benes -- further, the amt of compensation requested is unreasonable & there is no legal auth to award fees to the extent svcs were rendered after expriation of Mrs. Jackson's letters --- requests fees be denied except as follows: fees NTE 18,070 for svcs related to Petn for Pmt of Funeral Exps

So Estate is arguing that what Katherine's lawyers did wasn't to the benefit to the Estate on the contrary it caused more costs for the Estate. They are only agreeing to pay the funeral costs of $18.070

Katherine's lawyer's response to objections of Executors and GAL

PETNR'S REPLY TO OBJECTIONS filed 8/11/11: alleges allowance of petnr's atty's fees fall w/in equitable "special circumstances" for svcs rendered theory articulated in Hutchinson v. Gertsch 97 CA 3rd 605 & Estate of Kann 253 CA 2nd 212 - alleges Mrs. Jackson apptmt as spec admin was prompted by concerns over 3rd party possession of decd's tangible p/p & consequently, someone was needed to marshal the estate's assets - in addition, petnr sought apptmt given the conflict of interests questions in connection w/the Exrs' apptmt and the fact that competing wills could surface - consequently it would make no sense for Mrs. Jackson to step down as spec admin any sooner than she did - petnr agrees w/GAL that fees in connection w/decd's funeral & obtaining apptmt of Mrs. Jackson as spec admin should be pd - in addition other fees are proper because petnr's efforts benefited the estate - Mrs. Jackson's role as the watchdog, seeking to keep the exrs accountable, was aimed at perserving a fund that benefited all heirs & none of the relief sought by Mrs. Jackson improved her position to the detriment of other benes - petnr claims that fees should be pd re her efforts to have a family member apptd as a co-exr & co-exrs could have mitigated the costs by not engaging in a fight to oppose that apptmt, the co-exrs tactics resulted in runinning up atty's fees & costs to the detriment of the estate

RELIEF:
1. JTD atty fees 339,846.25
2. JTD costs 9,352.28

3. JTD-GAL OBJS: Sustain GAL's objections
4. JTD-Deny petn in part

5. JTD-co-exr OBJS: Deny petn except for pmt NTE 18,070 re Petn for Pmt of Funeral Exps

there's a hearing about this next week

Future Hearings
08/16/2011 at 08:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
ALLOWANCE OF FEES

ivy;petnr sought apptmt given the conflict of interests questions in connection w/the Exrs' apptmt and the fact that competing wills could surface in addition other fees are proper because petnr's efforts benefited the estate - Mrs. Jackson's role as the watchdog said:
I like those 2 statements above. Notice the idea of other wills might surface. Now where is that will? The best is grandma was a watchdog, it is not that she was trying to be in charge of his estate, oh no. The only reason grandma did not contest was because they found out the clause in the will. Well lets see what the judge and estate does with this. I think they will get some money but not all they are asking for.

yeah, katherine's lawyers argue that fees are reasonable because another wills could have surfaced and she acted as a watchdog

So imagine how much in the red the estate would be if she had 2 weeks!!!!!

Very funny.

Michael you were very smart indeed!!!!!.

He knew his family. Katherine probably had a reality check when she found out Michael didn't choose her as the executor of his estate. Good for him.

Yes the fees should not come from the Estate money. Let Katherine pay it out of her allowance. Of course that really comes from the estate, but let her pay a little amount every month from her allowance. She has social security so she can pay 100 every month for her debt.

I hope so too. I don't believe the estate is responsible for the debts she gets into. Let's see what happens.

I always assumed Lodise & all Katherine's lawyers (she went thru quite a few in 2 years) were paid by the estate. But from reading, Margaret Lodise's objection to the lawyers' 300K+ lawsuit, it doesn't seem to be the case?

Who's paying Lodise? Adam Streisand & his replacement? I can see why these attorneys being paid by the estate might create some type of collusion...

Lodise is being paid by the Estate but she's reporting to the court. So who pays her doesn't make a difference as she's court appointed. I mean she could be all against the Executors if she wants and it wouldn't affect her position and pay as she's court appointed and her payment is secured.

Another question: do we know how many claims are still outstanding? For how much longer do you think the estate might stay in probate?

If I remember correctly, I think another progress report is due next month.

when first the probate started a lot of experts estimated 2-3 years minimum. We'll wait and see. It's all matter of the claims, debts.

First, how these attorneys can claim Katherine's actions didn't cause detriment to the other heirs is rediculous!!! Let's see, the 3 MAIN HEIRS, were having their money in the ESTATE lessened by all these fees, etc. she kept running up with lawyers, etc. even when she KNEW there was a will and it's provisions. So, the ESTATES Objection is absolutely CORRECT.

Second, the Estate shouldn't have to pay for Katherine trying to appoint ANY family member as a co-executor(s), as MJ's will specifically stated WHO and WHAT he wanted, and non of his FAMILY were WHO he WANTED as an executor. His WILL and WISHES should supercede what SHE WANTED or WANTS.Thank God for the NO CONTEST CLAUSE. The ESTATES Objections again, to me about this part is again, CORRECT.

Third, I agree with the ESTATE of paying the burial costs, because it's their JOB, as MJ's executors of his WILL. But I agree with their objection to paying for the WHOLE FAMILIES clothes, make-up, etc. The ONLY people they should be paying for that for, are the 3 MINOR CHILDREN, as they ARE his HEIRS. EVERYONE else, should pay for their own crap, like we do for a family members funeral! I can't imagine going up to my sister and telling her she's going to have to pay for my clothes, etc, for our mother's funeral, much less a cousin of mine coming up to me and telling me that.

Fourth, she didn't need to act as a "WATCHDOG", because if another WILL existed, it would have superceded the old WILL, if presented within 30 days, I believe. And, let's face it, who in the hell, in their right mind, wouldn't have ran to the Court House to show that WILL, and get camera time? Not to mention, the OLDER WILLS said the SAME thing, so she was really just spinning her wheels, to try an overstep MJ's wishes.

From probate notes

OBJECTIONS filed 7/12/11
Objectors are co-exrs

FACTS-OBJS: objects to pmt of fees & costs stating Mrs. Jackson's apptmt lasted only one week; svcs rendered by the Rosenfeld Firm did not benefit the estate and, in fact, caused the estate to incur substantial additional atty fees, to the detriment of other estate benes -- further, the amt of compensation requested is unreasonable & there is no legal auth to award fees to the extent svcs were rendered after expriation of Mrs. Jackson's letters --- requests fees be denied except as follows: fees NTE 18,070 for svcs related to Petn for Pmt of Funeral Exps

So Estate is arguing that what Katherine's lawyers did wasn't to the benefit to the Estate on the contrary it caused more costs for the Estate. They are only agreeing to pay the funeral costs of $18.070

Katherine's lawyer's response to objections of Executors and GAL

PETNR'S REPLY TO OBJECTIONS filed 8/11/11: alleges allowance of petnr's atty's fees fall w/in equitable "special circumstances" for svcs rendered theory articulated in Hutchinson v. Gertsch 97 CA 3rd 605 & Estate of Kann 253 CA 2nd 212 - alleges Mrs. Jackson apptmt as spec admin was prompted by concerns over 3rd party possession of decd's tangible p/p & consequently, someone was needed to marshal the estate's assets - in addition, petnr sought apptmt given the conflict of interests questions in connection w/the Exrs' apptmt and the fact that competing wills could surface - consequently it would make no sense for Mrs. Jackson to step down as spec admin any sooner than she did - petnr agrees w/GAL that fees in connection w/decd's funeral & obtaining apptmt of Mrs. Jackson as spec admin should be pd - in addition other fees are proper because petnr's efforts benefited the estate - Mrs. Jackson's role as the watchdog, seeking to keep the exrs accountable, was aimed at perserving a fund that benefited all heirs & none of the relief sought by Mrs. Jackson improved her position to the detriment of other benes - petnr claims that fees should be pd re her efforts to have a family member apptd as a co-exr & co-exrs could have mitigated the costs by not engaging in a fight to oppose that apptmt, the co-exrs tactics resulted in runinning up atty's fees & costs to the detriment of the estate

RELIEF:
1. JTD atty fees 339,846.25
2. JTD costs 9,352.28

3. JTD-GAL OBJS: Sustain GAL's objections
4. JTD-Deny petn in part

5. JTD-co-exr OBJS: Deny petn except for pmt NTE 18,070 re Petn for Pmt of Funeral Exps

there's a hearing about this next week

Future Hearings
08/16/2011 at 08:30 am in department 5 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
ALLOWANCE OF FEES

Last edited:
From probate notes

OBJECTIONS filed 7/12/11

:doh:

www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif

It's obvious the estate is responsible for the funeral expenses, but not for the other services. Katherine's attorneys should go after her.

Why did they have to fight Michael's decision?
Do they really think that Michael was going to leave everything he worked so hard to accomplish for them to manage?

There's too much arrogance in this family

This watchdog thing is cracking me up. I can't stop laughing at it. Now who is going to buy that crap?

Third, I agree with the ESTATE of paying the burial costs, because it's their JOB, as MJ's executors of his WILL. But I agree with their objection to paying for the WHOLE FAMILIES clothes, make-up, etc. The ONLY people they should be paying for that for, are the 3 MINOR CHILDREN, as they ARE his HEIRS. EVERYONE else, should pay for their own crap, like we do for a family members funeral! I can't imagine going up to my sister and telling her she's going to have to pay for my clothes, etc, for our mother's funeral, much less a cousin of mine coming up to me and telling me that.

I have a question, where did you find out about asking the estate to pay for the family clothes, etc, etc?

That request shows what Michael really meant to them. I have the sad feeling the Michael knew it and that might be the reason why he left them out of his will. Well done Michael.

If I'm recalling correctly, I believe that was in some legal docs last year...I could be wrong, bc there's so many legal docs with these people. But, I do remember there being legal docs about all those 12 plots the JACKSON'S bought at Forest Lawn, and had the nerve to have the ESTATE pay for ALL of them! I believe this info was in those docs. I know they reimbursed Janet for what she payed for in the funeral, and even then, I thought that was a slap in MJ's face, after all he did for them, Janet included. I can't lie, I honestly thought when I saw those docs, that she should take that nose off her face that MJ paid for, as well as the house she lived in, that he was paying for when he was 12, all the way up until he died...it was the gall...I look at her differently now bc of that...I'm not quick to take her word for anything anymore.

I have a question, where did you find out about asking the estate to pay for the family clothes, etc, etc?

That request shows what Michael really meant to them. I have the sad feeling the Michael knew it and that might be the reason why he left them out of his will. Well done Michael.

The claims by the kj lawyers that kj position did not improve to the detriment of the heirs is true. However, the Estate could argue that her claims are unnecessarily costing the Estate more money. therefore her actions are detrimental to the heirs and even herself. Hence, she should bear the cost herself. let her pay them with the $100,000 cheque she got from GL.

EXACTLY! There is no doubt her claims were completely unnecessary and did with malice, to cause confusion and problems, and the Estate I believe, could prove this: I.E. Heal the World Foundation anyone...?lol

The claims by the kj lawyers that kj position did not improve to the detriment of the heirs is true. However, the Estate could argue that her claims are unnecessarily costing the Estate more money. therefore her actions are detrimental to the heirs and even herself. Hence, she should bear the cost herself. let her pay them with the $100,000 cheque she got from GL.

If I'm recalling correctly, I believe that was in some legal docs last year...I could be wrong, bc there's so many legal docs with these people. But, I do remember there being legal docs about all those 12 plots the JACKSON'S bought at Forest Lawn, and had the nerve to have the ESTATE pay for ALL of them! I believe this info was in those docs. I know they reimbursed Janet for what she payed for in the funeral, and even then, I thought that was a slap in MJ's face, after all he did for them, Janet included. I can't lie, I honestly thought when I saw those docs, that she should take that nose off her face that MJ paid for, as well as the house she lived in, that he was paying for when he was 12, all the way up until he died...it was the gall...I look at her differently now bc of that...I'm not quick to take her word for anything anymore.

ur absolutely right, they did pay for dressing the entire clan up for Michael's burial. I totally agree with your post and share ur sentiments in regards to everything

dito. that sums up everything and how they saw mj. as the cash cow who should pay for everything

In my opinion, Katherine Jackson hired all of those attorneys, because she wanted to be in control. She TRIED, it didn't work, so now she should pay for all those services rendered.

If Howard Mann can't help her out, maybe she can use the money from her FLOWER BUSINESS!

The fundemental problem is that Joe and Katherine Jackson and their children and grandchildren believe that Michael Jackson's inheritance should belong to them and not to his own only three children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

Thus, Katherine, Joe, and their children feel justified in doing whatever they can to get money away from the Michael Jackson Estate and into their pockets.

I think the Estate is not there to fund every endeavor of MJ's family. If Katherine knew all along there was a will, and she still went ahead and incurred thousands of dollars in an attempt to circumvent that will, then she should bear the financial responsibility of that decision. Plain and simple.

The fundemental problem is that Joe and Katherine Jackson and their children and grandchildren believe that Michael Jackson's inheritance should belong to them and not to his own only three children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

Thus, Katherine, Joe, and their children feel justified in doing whatever they can to get money away from the Michael Jackson Estate and into their pockets.
exactly!!
I think the Estate is not there to fund every endeavor of MJ's family. If Katherine knew all along there was a will, and she still went ahead and incurred thousands of dollars in an attempt to circumvent that will, then she should bear the financial responsibility of that decision. Plain and simple.

I couldn't of said it better myself...:clapping:

I agree. And in my opinion, the Estate could have really gone after her in court for all the stunts she's pulled. But out of respect for Michael, they did not. Yet, she continues to cause problems for them. When is she going to be held accountable to pay money for things on her own? The Estate should not have to pay for it whenever she messes up. If she runs up huge lawyer bills while trying to get around Michael's will, that is her own fault and she should be the one to deal with it. She gets an allowance from the Estate and apparently Social Security as well from what I heard. She could do pretty well for herself and Michael's children if she would stop all this nonsense. When is she going to be told that enough is enough?

Last edited:
I agree. And in my opinion, the Estate could have really gone after her in court for all the stunts she's pulled. But out of respect for Michael, they did not. Yet, she continues to cause problems for them. When is she going to be held accountable to pay money for things on her own? The Estate should not have to pay for it whenever she messes up. If she runs up huge lawyer bills while trying to get around Michael's will, that is her own fault and she should be the one to deal with it. She gets an allowance from the Estate and apparently Social Security as well from what I heard. She could do pretty well for herself and Michael's children if she would stop all this nonsense. When is she going to be told that enough is enough? This is all just my opinion.

I agree and I don't know if or anything will be done. She is so used to Michael taking care of her financially and helping her out so she expects his estate to do the same. I have been shocked how much trouble she has been causing the estate. She was the last person in the family I expected to do that.

I agree and I don't know if or anything will be done. She is so used to Michael taking care of her financially and helping her out so she expects his estate to do the same. I have been shocked how much trouble she has been causing the estate. She was the last person in the family I expected to do that.
maybe she should ask someone else now seeing as her son is dead for over two years, she should maybe just maybe ask her other 8 living grown ass adult senior children?! why not start with the one who's touring theatres, I'm sure she's made a few bucks over the years and is making good books with her current club and theatre tour. why does everyone always expect michael to caugh up money and pay up for their bullshyte?!

maybe she should ask someone else now seeing as her son is dead for over two years, she should maybe just maybe ask her other 8 living grown ass adult senior children?! why not start with the one who's touring theatres, I'm sure she's made a few bucks over the years and is making good books with her current club and theatre tour. why does everyone always expect michael to caugh up money and pay up for their bullshyte?!

I think Janet and the others should step and help her if she needs it. I am tired of Michael being the constant ATM for his family. Even in death he is still expected to take care of all of them. It's not right.

Unbelievable. What a family!!!! No wonder he felt so unloved.

I think Janet and the others should step and help her if she needs it. I am tired of Michael being the constant ATM for his family. Even in death he is still expected to take care of all of them. It's not right.
Not it's not, especially since this family is so large, considering all their offspring and their offsprings offspring.

Grandma's antics have caused the estate much financial trouble, although I believe that someone in the family told her to go get some attorneys and put in a claim for XYZ. I think all her endeavors are dictated by others and she follows through. Unfortunately, she is not learning from her mistakes that her antics usually fail, so she continues to make more. Now the estate is left to deal with mess that she got herself in here. At this point not only the kids need a guardian, but grandma needs one too.

Back