Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not really aware of some great change in public opinion regarding the issue of lip-synching. I don't think it was considered anymore acceptable back in the 90s than it is now. If anything, it's probably more common now than back then... and not just usual culprits like Britney or Madonna. Even acts considered to be real "singers" like Celine Dion and Mariah Carey blatantly lip-synch through entire concerts and they're just standing their in front of a mic stand.

I'd rather see Michael's short films released in HD than a concert.

I'd like to see a HD MJ concert, only not HIStory tour, but a better show. I'm a fan and I think I can be considered a hard core fan (being on forums etc.) but if it's HIStory tour being put in the cinemas probably I would not go. Yes, I'd rather watch the VHS quality Wembley'88 or Yokohama'87 over and over again at home than HIStory tour in HD at the theater.

Watching a video for the HD is like playing a video game for the graphics

Video games are overrated and pointless, no way can you compare the two. HIStory Tour should be released, especially Prague. Enough with the complaining and wait for what is to come, The Estate might be nice and bless us with 4 additional entirely live vocalized tracks.

I am not really aware of some great change in public opinion regarding the issue of lip-synching. I don't think it was considered anymore acceptable back in the 90s than it is now. If anything, it's probably more common now than back then... and not just usual culprits like Britney or Madonna. Even acts considered to be real "singers" like Celine Dion and Mariah Carey blatantly lip-synch through entire concerts and they're just standing their in front of a mic stand.

And do you think they are not trashed for it? I have seen Britney torn into pieces because of lipping, I have seen Mariah Carey being torn apart for her declining vocals. Why the heck do we want to see MJ get dragged through the same when there are so much better shows he did with LIVE singing?

And do you think when Mariah Carey dies and her Estate puts out a concert to the cinema to represent her as a live artist they will choose this period of hers? I highly doubt it.

Watching a video for the HD is like playing a video game for the graphics

Exactly.

Does a remastered album automatically become a better album because the bass is a bit louder?

At the end of the day, I dont care what is released in what quality as long as the right amount of effort has gone into it, doesnt comprimise Michaels vision or art, and most selfishly, that I enjoy it.

And do you think they are not trashed for it? I have seen Britney torn into pieces because of lipping, I have seen Mariah Carey being torn apart for her declining vocals. Why the heck do we want to see MJ go through the same when there are so much better shows he did with LIVE singing?

Britney needs auto-tune, have you heard her raw voice? it's disgraceful. Michael could sing live, and that is clear to everyone. But you watch documentaries etc. most people comment on his dancing.

And do you think they are not trashed for it? I have seen Britney torn into pieces because of lipping, I have seen Mariah Carey being torn apart for her declining vocals. Why the heck do we want to see MJ get dragged through through the same when there are so much better shows he did with LIVE singing?

And do you think when Mariah Carey dies and her Estate puts out a concert to the cinema to represent her as a live artist they will choose this period of hers? I highly doubt it.

People rip on Britney because they know she can't really sing. Anyone with a braincell knows that Michael Jackson could sing, whether he lip-synced in concert or not, everyone knew he was insanely gifted as a singer.

Britney needs auto-tune, have you heard her raw voice? it's disgraceful. Michael could sing live, and that is clear to everyone. But you watch documentaries etc. most people comment on his dancing.

Sorry, but it's not clear to everyone. That is not clear to young folks who only ever saw Motown 25 from him and it will sure not be made clear to them by putting a show in the cinemas where he lipps through a whole concert. And again and again and again: if indeed there is a false meme out there MJ being only worthy to watch for his dancing, isn't it time to show the world that is not so, rather than embracing that false meme and even reinforce it further?

People rip on Britney because they know she can't really sing. Anyone with a braincell knows that Michael Jackson could sing, whether he lip-synced in concert or not, everyone knew he was insanely gifted as a singer.

Same answer as above. The Estate cannot get lazy and expect that everyone will always "just know" that MJ could sing. If they put out his worst, fully lipped show to the cinema to represent him as a "live" artist then people will think it's his best - simply because normally artists and their managements put their best out there as such a high profile release, not their worse. Why MJ deserves less than any other artist?

Sorry, but it's not clear to everyone. That is not clear to young folks who only ever saw Motown 25 from him and it will sure not be made clear to them by putting a show in the cinemas where he lipps through a whole concert. And again and again and again: if indeed there is a false meme out there MJ being only worthy to watch for his dancing, isn't it time to show the world that is not so, rather than embracing that false meme and even reinforce it further?

Or we can appreciate everything we get and stop complaining like kids?

Or we can appreciate everything we get and stop complaining like kids?

Sorry, but I do not have to applause everything we get. I sure did not applause the "Michael" album and I won't applause this if it happens.

I don't see the need to gloss over the HIStory tour as if it's some kind of dirty secret in MJ's career. The show was a wonderful spectacle and deserves to be seen. Do I wish he'd done more live vocals? Of course. And I understand and to some extent agree with a lot of fans frustrations about MJ's lack of live vocals on this tour. But we can't change history (pardon the pun). MJ himself came very close to releasing the HIStory tour on VHS, so he obviously didn't feel the need to hide it.

Will he get some shit for lip-syncing? Perhaps, although I do think it's being exaggerated somewhat. But like it or not, the HIStory tour is now a part of his legacy so there's no point in glossing over it.

I don't see the need to gloss over the HIStory tour as if it's some kind of dirty secret in MJ's career. The show was a wonderful spectacle and deserves to be seen. Do I wish he'd done more live vocals? Of course. And I understand and to some extent agree with a lot of fans frustrations about MJ's lack of live vocals on this tour. But we can't change history (pardon the pun). MJ himself came very close to releasing the HIStory tour on VHS, so he obviously didn't feel the need to hide it.

Will he get some shit for lip-syncing? Perhaps, although I do think it's being exaggerated somewhat. But like it or not, the HIStory tour is now a part of his legacy so there's no point in glossing over it.

No one said it should be made into a dirty secret. Those aren't the only two choices: either you release it to the cinemas or you hide it forever. It's just the worst possible choice for a high profile cinema release.That is all. Every other tour he did was a lot better than this, so for the life of me I cannot understand why some fans want this to represent him on a cinema big screen.

I'm not going to except anything just because it's Michael Jackson

It's Michael's creative decision, he decides what is done. I appreciate his talents as a director, dancer & live performer. All three aspects are seen during the Tour.

How does it matter? Movies aren't real either. Let's not continue this much longer so we don't derail the thread. :)

You derailed my thread with your pointless comparisons to something that can never be topped (BAD World Tour 1988).

No one said it should be made into a dirty secret. Those aren't the only two choices: either you release it to the cinemas or you hide it forever. It's just the worst possible choice for a high profile cinema release.That is all. Every other tour he did was a lot better than this, so for the life of me I cannot understand why some fans want this to represent him on a cinema big screen.

I don't know why you think it would be so high profile. If they did give HWT a cinema release, I bet it'd only be a limited run. It wouldn't get anywhere near the attention TII got and would more than likely coincide with a DVD release.

I don't know why you think it would be so high profile. If they did give HWT a cinema release, I bet it'd only be a limited run. It wouldn't get anywhere near the attention TII got and would more than likely coincide with a DVD release.

It depends on advertising, they're not going to release something to theaters and guarantee a big loss in profits. They should promote the hell out of it!

It depends on advertising, they're not going to release something to theaters and guarantee a big loss in profits. They should promote the hell out of it!

I think we have to be realistic. It would have a limited appeal. TII was a whole other story, MJ had just died, public interest was at a high, it was unseen footage. I think a cinema release of HWT would have a limited appeal even amongst the fans. I myself would probably wait for the DVD.

Many concerts by legendary acts are now getting low-key cinema releases and it's always a small handful of showings in selected cinemas and then straight to DVD. I don't think it'd be any different with the HWT. Perhaps if they made it more into a documentary and included behind the scenes footage etc then that might broaden its appeal amongst the fanbase.

The initial e-mail said Sony are planning "a big launch" for it. While obviously this would not generate the same interest as for a release of a current artist, but apparently Sony wants to give it a relatively big promotion (relatively to MJ's other current releases).Well, IF this rumour is true, that is. But I sure hope it isn't.

The initial e-mail said Sony are planning "a big launch" for it. While obviously this would not generate the same interest as for a release of a current artist, but apparently Sony wants to give it a relatively big promotion (relatively to MJ's other current releases).Well, IF this rumour is true, that is. But I sure hope it isn't.

If it's true, I would be very surprised if It got any promotion at all.

If it's true, I would be very surprised if It got any promotion at all.

Well, we are basing this whole discussion on a rumour, so of course everything here is an "IF" (and my hope is that it's not true). But the initial rumour did say "big launch".

You know guys I'm actually really interested in this email. Where is this email? All other leaks from Sony were legit emails. Where is this supposed email? How come Mjbrasil are the only ones who got it? Where did they get it from or from whom?

You know guys I'm actually really interested in this email. Where is this email? All other leaks from Sony were legit emails. Where is this supposed email? How come Mjbrasil are the only ones who got it? Where did they get it from or from whom?

They sent me this message on FB: ''There will be more news and images in the future. Zakk, sorry but we don't reveal our sources when they ask to. But we share information.''

They sent me this message on FB: ''There will be more news and images in the future. Zakk, sorry but we don't reveal our sources when they ask to. But we share information.''

Seems legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back