Leaked emails update (Michael Jackson)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galactus123;4070607 said:
Actually Michael got married again during HIStory Tour and his first child was born. So I don't think he was sad during the tour.

That is what I meant here:
Tygger;4070542 said:
- had to accept a failed marriage,
- was starting his own family in a manner that may not have been his ideal,

serendipity;4070663 said:
Um, did I say he wasn't? I'm obviously talking about the general public - isn't that why most of you are afraid of? That the general public wouldn't like it if he lips? I happen to think most of the general public would want to see him dance and put on a show and would not care much if he's singing live or lipping.

A lot of the times his singing has taken a back seat to the choreography and the show and the general public never seemed to mind it. So I'm not sure why all the complaining.

MattyJam;4070692 said:
I don't see the need to gloss over the HIStory tour as if it's some kind of dirty secret in MJ's career. The show was a wonderful spectacle and deserves to be seen. Do I wish he'd done more live vocals? Of course. And I understand and to some extent agree with a lot of fans frustrations about MJ's lack of live vocals on this tour. But we can't change history (pardon the pun). MJ himself came very close to releasing the HIStory tour on VHS, so he obviously didn't feel the need to hide it.

Will he get some shit for lip-syncing? Perhaps, although I do think it's being exaggerated somewhat. But like it or not, the HIStory tour is now a part of his legacy so there's no point in glossing over it.

Very true. This is why I said the previous statement below:

Tygger;4070542 said:
As the years went on, Michael continued to be known as an extraordinary performer. However, his performances were becoming more known for the spectacle than the artistry which is the unfortunate effect of being an other-worldly talent relegated to pop star status. The King of Pop label had its privileges and its curses.

It could be some fans were not aware of it but, that is how it happened, Michael was obviously aware of it, and made the artistic choice to support what the public expected, a.k.a, spectacle from the greatest entertainer. Fans can look at any performance from that time to see it is true.

I am unsure why M25 BJ performance is being discussed here but, that performance actually proves audiences were more interested in Michael as a performer who gave dance performances no one had ever seen before. Same with 95 VMAs. That does not mean no one was interested in Michael as a singer; it means audiences were more interested in Michael’s performance as a dancer and the spectacle only he possibly deliver which made him the greatest entertainer. And yes, the History tour was successful and yes, it was already broadcasted on television in Europe several times.

MattyJam;4070702 said:
Many concerts by legendary acts are now getting low-key cinema releases and it's always a small handful of showings in selected cinemas and then straight to DVD. I don't think it'd be any different with the HWT. Perhaps if they made it more into a documentary and included behind the scenes footage etc then that might broaden its appeal amongst the fanbase.

Agreed.

Zakk;4070701 said:
It depends on advertising, they're not going to release something to theaters and guarantee a big loss in profits. They should promote the hell out of it!

Bad25’s was released in NY/LA U.S theaters for Oscar nomination purposes only. It was mostly promoted to online fans. My U.S. friend saw an ad in a local paper and I believe she did read a review of it at the time. No other promotion was done and from what I understand from NY/LA, U.S. fans, the attendance was rather low due to the promotion and that an abbreviated version was to air nationally on U.S. television. Estate/Sony cannot be trusted in regards to promotion; only others working in conjunction with Estate/Sony have been successful in that task.

How convenient.

Protecting privacy of someone with a source to the leaked email is believable, plus their was an announcement by Branca in 2012 that he would like to release the HIStory Tour in theaters.. then again, Mkgenie revealed that the project is still in the works, and that it was a rare HD format show found in Europe and now we have the unconfirmed emails.

Back on topic, i find it great that Michael sang live beneath the playback.. means the estate always have that option if they feel that his genuine vocal performance will attract more viewers to see the concert in Theaters.

I'm not quite sure why you seem so certain that he sang every song beneath the playback? To me, it looks like he is actually miming rather than belting out the song live underneath the playback.

Anyway, I agree with a lot of others on here when they say they would rather not see a History tour concert released. I said this yesterday, but out of all the tours, performances and concerts Michael did, there are so many better options. His dancing was great for a lot of the History shows, but the fact barely any of it was sung live is a major, major turn off - and it will before the general public.

I do think, however, that something wasn't quite right with him during that tour, because when he did sing live during Wanna Be Starting Somethin and the J5 medley his vocals sounded pretty bad, and hoarse. Almost as if he had serious throat issues.

Right here
Yes, the Estate is still doing the project.

But it takes time and money.

I was told by a very important man that they found a rare HD quality concert material in Europe, the format is rare.

But they didn't say which stop.

So they are doing it. but not for this year.

And the 3D HIStory is for theater release.

I'm not quite sure why you seem so certain that he sang every song beneath the playback? To me, it looks like he is actually miming rather than belting out the song live underneath the playback.

Anyway, I agree with a lot of others on here when they say they would rather not see a History tour concert released. I said this yesterday, but out of all the tours, performances and concerts Michael did, there are so many better options. His dancing was great for a lot of the History shows, but the fact barely any of it was sung live is a major, major turn off - and it will before the general public.

I do think, however, that something wasn't quite right with him during that tour, because when he did sing live during Wanna Be Starting Somethin and the J5 medley his vocals sounded pretty bad, and hoarse. Almost as if he had serious throat issues.

He did have serious throat issues, it's called an enflamed laryngitis/other vocal problems caused by Lupus. Just check out Seoul & Munich, worst vocal performances of all time.

Have a nice time sitting at home watching your 240p ''restored'' VHS of Wembley, whilst the rest of us are in the cinema's watching Michael entertain the world.

It may not be the best quality, bu that Wembley show in '88 blows anything from the History tour out of the water!

HIStory tour officialy released in cinemas or blu ray? is this a joke right? We have a lot concerts from tour sooo That is Completely Unnecessary esta release, and of course is not the best tour xd is the worst with 90% of playback xd this is ridiculous, come on release more of bad tour, tour victory, triumph tour , dangerous tour!

and of course, MJ beats are liars xD

It may not be the best quality, bu that Wembley show in '88 blows anything from the History tour out of the water!

The performance, i agree it does. But if you compare the tour in which the focus was on the dance, with the tour were the focus was on the voice.. and not as well choreographed then that is your choice! i will enjoy everything we get, i don't think HIStory Tour will be the only show to be screened in theaters.. it's never been released before, i hope nothing is cancelled and that it will be promoted professionally worldwide! i have to say that i am excited, and no one can diminish that.

2016 is a long time down the road. - A lot can happen before then.

I will not get angry og happy yet.

If they release HIStory - at least I hope it's perfect quality both visual and audio and a concert we don't have already.

If it is a new BAD concert or a new Dangerous concert I will be very very happy. - Dangerous sure deserves a better concert to be released. - And the DVD and Blu-Ray should have some extra material this time around !!

IF HIStory does get a cinema release - yes I sure will go see it - no matter what it's still MJ on the big screen with best possible sound - so why not really?

But I do hope they choose another tour tha HIStory. - BAD or Dangerous simply just seems better for MJ's Legacy. - More live singing.

2016 is a long time down the road. - A lot can happen before then.

I will not get angry og happy yet.

If they release HIStory - at least I hope it's perfect quality both visual and audio and a concert we don't have already.

If it is a new BAD concert or a new Dangerous concert I will be very very happy. - Dangerous sure deserves a better concert to be released. - And the DVD and Blu-Ray should have some extra material this time around !!

IF HIStory does get a cinema release - yes I sure will go see it - no matter what it's still MJ on the big screen with best possible sound - so why not really?

But I do hope they choose another tour tha HIStory. - BAD or Dangerous simply just seems better for MJ's Legacy. - More live singing.

You're speaking as though HIStory will be the last concert ever released, it won't be! if you take Queen as an example, they released Montreal 5 years before Hungarian Rhapsody! yes, they released their best Tour first.. but DANGEROUS & BAD will be worth the wait! that's for sure.

I agree a new BAD concert or DANGEROUS concert would be perfect and if HIStory does go on the big screen i will be there.:yes:

It would have been nice if Michael was here to change the t in HIStory

It's borderline hilarious how many people jumped at me upon my calling the HIStory Tour "garbage".

I am not required to like and/or respect everything Michael's ever done. There is no reason for me to feign enjoyment for something that I simply do not like. Nowhere in my posts do I criticize anyone individually or imply that anyone is wrong for enjoying the tour; we're all granted our right to enjoy whatever we'd like free of judgment. But I will not withhold my disappointment over the fact that one of the most embarrassing displays of Michael Jackson's talent will (supposedly) be released theatrically. I will also not apologize for anyone who may feel insulted and/or angered over anything that I say regarding the tour; this is an open discussion board and I have every right to exercise my opinion.

I grasp that we simply cannot ignore that the HIStory Tour exists. But why in the world would you use what is heavily considered Michael's worst performances for the first theatrical release? It will undoubtedly damage Michael's reputation as the greatest performer of all time.

Yes alots of ppls feel that HIStory Tour was one of Michael worst concerts. To tell you the true i would love to see the BAD tour on the big screen you talking about Michael's dancing his moves that would have been awesome and exciting to see on the big screen.

You know what would be great to see on the big screen too maybe Off The Wall or Dangerous or Victory tour a clear one where the picture is sharp and beautiful i think the ppls would come out to see it that just imo we just have to wait and see what the Estate will do next i hope it worth the wait.

There was positive reaction to all the songs in This Is It.

Wasn't the HIStory tour very successful? If so, then there you have it - the gp didn't mind his lipping and I don't remember any controversy regarding that. All singers who dance a lot are lipping at least some of the songs on tour, Madonna, Janet, Beyonce etc. and the gp usually doesn't care.

As to why not put another tour in cinemas - maybe because this being his most recent one they have it in better quality than the others? Especially if they want to make it 3D like Brance said.

Forgive my naivete but when did Branca say they wanted to release it in 3D?

Forgive my naivete but when did Branca say they wanted to release it in 3D?

BAD 25 Q&A at the Premier in London. I'm just glad no one has said that it will be Munich or Seoul! i've always wanted Prague or Zaragoza.

Enough with the wishing for something else because you don't appreciate what may be coming, i'm tired of it. Let's wait for more news, and stop acting so selfishly.

'Scream' & 'They Don't Care About Us' near full performances.

Last edited:
Something great would be if they could have the live vocal recording at the same volume as the playback recording, like what happened with 'Black Or White' at Wembley in 1992.

Something great would be if they could have the live vocal recording at the same volume as the playback recording, like what happened with 'Black Or White' at Wembley in 1992.

No, the resultant sound is poor. Rihanna does that and it just sounds messy and noisy.

Enough with the wishing for something else because you don't appreciate what may be coming, i'm tired of it. Let's wait for more news, and stop acting so selfishly.

Wanting what's best for Michael isn't being selfish.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Smooth Criminal 3D in cinemas

That would be a dumb move, get a projector & watch Moonwalker on a 200'' screen.

So that's a dumb move, but all your ideas are gold? k...
tumblr_inline_ni5jrnWskX1t8tudg.gif

Or we can appreciate everything we get and stop complaining like kids?

This is hilarious coming from you, who never stops complaining.

Video games are overrated and pointless

Then you're wasting your time on something that isn't real.

I'm not even a big gamer, but wtf is this comment? It's another form of entertainment, like watching a 2 hour movie. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others cant find joy out if it.

You waste your time posting the same 5 thoughts in different variations of words over and over on a a message board. Some might think that's boring and pointless.

So now, people can't voice what projects they would want to see? And doing so is complaining? omggg. Every post is like a contradiction to your last ones.

Confused-Flamboyant-Black-Man-Just-Cant-Right-Now.gif

Actually, wanting Michael to be shown on the big screen at his worst just because you, as a fan, want to see new footage is what I'd call selfish..

Actually, wanting Michael to be shown on the big screen at his worst just because you, as a fan, want to see new footage is what I'd call selfish..

It's not Michael at his worst, that is very exaggerated.. and it's not just because i want new footage, of course i'd like it.. but the reason i'm supporting this idea is because i think it will showcase Michael's talents.. going further than the live vocals, theatrics, attention to detail.

It's not Michael at his worst, that is very exaggerated.. and it's not just because i want new footage, of course i'd like it.. but the reason i'm supporting this idea is because i think it will showcase Michael's talents.. going further than the live vocals, theatrics, attention to detail.

If you were going to showcase Michael's talents to the general public, why would you go for the tour that showcase his talents poorly compared to the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back