Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

The so-called B-Team wasn’t a general “team that helped him [to] work on producing demos”, it was a small group of musicians which consisted of Matt Forger, John Barnes, Bill Bottrell and Chris Currell, and it only existed between 1985 and 1987. The B-Team worked on demos at the Hayvenhurst home, for the Bad album.

This group of guys served almost as the antithesis of Quincy’s own A-Team, in a sense, which Bruce Swedien was also a part of. While the A-Team was under the strict guidance of Quincy, the B-Team was allowed to be much more free and experimental, hence why Michael created a company in 1985, alongside John Barnes, called “Experiments In Sound”.

While some of these guys did work with Michael in later years, now and again, they never came back together, all four of them, for any other session after 87’.
The B-Team is linked to the 'BAD' album sessions, but Michael Jackson used to work in his home studio with a small team of people also on other albums (in a similar way like the B-Team).

For example, that also happened for the 'Off The Wall' album, or for certain albums released by The Jacksons when he was helped with his preproduction work.

I just spoke to Patrick Conneen. These are confirmed to be studio demos written by Conneen but with NO Michael Jackson vocals on them.
So there are no songs sung by MJ from the collaboration with Patrick Conneen?

I am not at all confused about MJ's unreleased tracks anymore... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
X7Kxh58.jpg

If men in black have more vocals it will be best song MJ recorded

I once read somewhere that MJ recorded a Duet with Whitney Houston, can someone tell me anything about that? Or was this a hoax😜. Thanks

I once read somewhere that MJ recorded a Duet with Whitney Houston, can someone tell me anything about that? Or was this a hoax😜. Thanks
The supposed 'Days Of The Broken Hearted' duet was mentioned by several press reports in 2007 (when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston were working on their respective, studio albums).

In 2015, the topic resurfaced by Legacy Recordings which tweeted about the 'Days Of The Broken Hearted' duet.

Sony was then (in 2015) asking fans to hashtag that duet in order to get a release as a single.

But again nothing substantial came of that, and the tweet was later deleted.

According to people from Whitney Houston's camp, she never recorded a duet called 'Days Of The Broken Hearted' with Michael Jackson.

The B-Team is linked to the 'BAD' album sessions, but Michael Jackson used to work in his home studio with a small team of people also on other albums (in a similar way like the B-Team).
That's not what you wrote in your original post. @SmoothCriminal1995 was asking about what Michael did in the studio between 1991 and 2008. You answered by referring to the B-Team, which had nothing to do with any session after 1987.

And no, there was no particular fixed small team of people working with Michael in his home studio before Bad, which was similar to the B-Team.

For Off The Wall and Thriller, Michael mostly had his brothers come in and lay down tracks for his home demos. Occasionally, other people might come in and record their instruments, like David Williams, but these people were not part of a particular team that Michael had assembled, nor were they working for him on a daily basis either.

After 1987, there was no home studio available, at which Michael could work in the pre-production stages of recording an album. There was a very small studio-like room at Neverland, but it was not suited for recording. In fact, when Michael recorded "Days In Gloucestershire" in 2004, he recorded it in one of the guest bungalows on the property.

One could argue that Brad Buxer and Michael Prince took on the role of some of the guys from the B-Team, however, they also worked with Michael in the studio alongside other producers (e.g. Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, e.t.c.), weren't "hidden" in the same way the B-Team had been and even worked on live performances, so their role was much more sophisticated.

That's not what you wrote in your original post. @SmoothCriminal1995 was asking about what Michael did in the studio between 1991 and 2008. You answered by referring to the B-Team, which had nothing to do with any session after 1987.

And no, there was no particular fixed small team of people working with Michael in his home studio before Bad, which was similar to the B-Team.

For Off The Wall and Thriller, Michael mostly had his brothers come in and lay down tracks for his home demos. Occasionally, other people might come in and record their instruments, like David Williams, but these people were not part of a particular team that Michael had assembled, nor were they working for him on a daily basis either.

After 1987, there was no home studio available, at which Michael could work in the pre-production stages of recording an album. There was a very small studio-like room at Neverland, but it was not suited for recording. In fact, when Michael recorded "Days In Gloucestershire" in 2004, he recorded it in one of the guest bungalows on the property.

One could argue that Brad Buxer and Michael Prince took on the role of some of the guys from the B-Team, however, they also worked with Michael in the studio alongside other producers (e.g. Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, e.t.c.), weren't "hidden" in the same way the B-Team had been and even worked on live performances, so their role was much more sophisticated.
After 1987, Michael Jackson also used to work (on preproduction work) in his home studio with a small team of people (in a similar way like the B-Team).

For example, it is known that during the 'Dangerous' album sessions, the workplace of his small team was also located in Neverland.

And when the team was working there, people from his small team were allowed (each Friday) to invite their family members to visit Neverland.

After 1987, Michael Jackson also used to work (on preproduction work) in his home studio with a small team of people (in a similar way like the B-Team).

For example, it is known that during the 'Dangerous' album sessions, the workplace of his small team was also located in Neverland.

And when the team was working there, people from his small team were allowed (each Friday) to invite their family members to visit Neverland.
frenzy, ye are the definition of waffle, please stop spreading this shite with nothing to back it up.

Guys why don't ask Shana mangatal about the songs that she have

I never realized you heard rocker and dark lady as well 🤩

Anyway agreed. I would not oppose a release of half finished songs, I listen regularly enough to tracks like people of the world, beautiful girl, in the back, days in gloucestershire. The basic idea and direction is there, it is cool.

I never realized you heard rocker and dark lady as well 🤩

Anyway agreed. I would not oppose a release of half finished songs, I listen regularly enough to tracks like people of the world, beautiful girl, in the back, days in gloucestershire. The basic idea and direction is there, it is cool.
Did u heard rocker and dark lady ?

Oh no no, not me!
Boy No" is similar to "Days in Gloucestershire" and "Beautiful Girl," with touches of "Human Nature," in terms of production, with a great melody. Michael only ever recorded a verse and chorus, so the Estate would need to call in a second singer if they ever wanted to release it, but it's apparently quite beautiful.

- "Rocker" is allegedly the most finished post-trial songs: proper vocals all the way throughout (albeit with a somewhat incoherent lyrical narrative) w/ some screaming in the final leg, guitar solo, etc. Parallels have been drawn between it and "They Don't Care About Us."

- "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It's got a characteristically earworm bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with a quasi-Arabic chorus, and modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked but the chorus is releasable as-is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

- "Remember What I Told You" was recorded around June 19, 2009, and is the last song Michael ever put vocals to. It's reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has a short verse and multi-layered chorus. It can't be finished in the same way "Boy No" could, but perhaps (in the words of the wonderful individual who told me) it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

- There's a song called "She Don't Want Me" that sounds a bit like a modernized "The Way You Make Me Feel." There's only a few lines recorded that presumably would've been the chorus, but the melody is catchy.
This information correct ?

Boy No" is similar to "Days in Gloucestershire" and "Beautiful Girl," with touches of "Human Nature," in terms of production, with a great melody. Michael only ever recorded a verse and chorus, so the Estate would need to call in a second singer if they ever wanted to release it, but it's apparently quite beautiful.
This one is probably fake, Damien said the song is somber and none of those songs are somber at all lol.

This one is probably fake, Damien said the song is somber and none of those songs are somber at all lol.
Not Damien who said that what about this .
Rocker" is allegedly the most finished post-trial songs: proper vocals all the way throughout (albeit with a somewhat incoherent lyrical narrative) w/ some screaming in the final leg, guitar solo, etc. Parallels have been drawn between it and "They Don't Care About Us."

- "H2O/Dark Lady" has been described as having comeback hit potential, had Michael lived to finish and release it. It's got a characteristically earworm bass riff (evidently comparable to Queen's "Under Pressure"), a wonderful melody with a quasi-Arabic chorus, and modern production with synth orchestra hits. The verses are half-baked but the chorus is releasable as-is, so it could be a strong vehicle for a rapper's album, similar to how Drake flipped "Don't Matter to Me."

- "Remember What I Told You" was recorded around June 19, 2009, and is the last song Michael ever put vocals to. It's reportedly similar to "Speechless" in terms of tone, and only has a short verse and multi-layered chorus. It can't be finished in the same way "Boy No" could, but perhaps (in the words of the wonderful individual who told me) it could be a great intro or interlude on an album.

- There's a song called "She Don't Want Me" that sounds a bit like a modernized "The Way You Make Me Feel." There's only a few lines recorded that presumably would've been the chorus, but the melody is catchy.

Not Damien who said that what about this .
Rocker" is allegedly the most finished post-trial songs: proper vocals all the way throughout (albeit with a somewhat incoherent lyrical narrative) w/ some screaming in the final leg, guitar solo, etc. Parallels have been drawn between it and "They Don't Care About Us."

I posted this based on second-hand information. I stand by it, though there are likely pieces that aren’t wholly accurate (like the recording date).

that's really weird then.
Why did LL say, they 'did' several songs...;(
Idk, two possibilities come to mind. Either the mix I heard was done prior to LL's contribution or the LL's rap has been discarded for whatever reason.

Dug up some info on “I Have This Dream.” This is likely not breaking news to some of you, but this is the first I’m hearing of it, so perhaps it will be news to some of you as well!

In 2015, Ric Kipp, the independent songwriter who won the 2002 songwriting contest for “I Have This Dream,” announced that he would be releasing a cover version of the still-unreleased track. Listening to his rendition (sung by his collaborator Michael Ricks), the melody is the same as that on the long-leaked demo, which Damien Shields recently confirmed was the real deal. So, yes, the 2005 charity single was a repurposed demo from the Invincible sessions.

Some of you likely pieced this together already, but I was convinced that there were two separate songs with the same title. There were conflicting statements: John Barnes told the MJ Cast one thing (that it was the same song), court documents and independent observers from the 2008 lawsuit between MJ and Sheik Abdullah said another (that it was an original composition by the two of them). No clue what the truth is; perhaps Abdullah co-wrote the lyrics to the final track?

Whatever the case, this explains why the leaked track is so damn corny and chintzy. It’s cut from the same cloth as “You Are My Life,” another Sager-Foster co-write. But it also cuts yet another track from the list of tracks in existence.

considering "Rocker" and "H2O" really have a usable chorus, i'd be okay with a (real) rapper filling in and also use parts of the unfinished MJ verses for adlibs or as a background vocal.

because i said "real" rapper: no shitty drake, migos, pitbull or some other clown.

Back