Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

considering "Rocker" and "H2O" really have a usable chorus, i'd be okay with a (real) rapper filling in and also use parts of the unfinished MJ verses for adlibs or as a background vocal.
They got plenty of options there.

Jay-Z
Tyler the Creator
Isaiah Rashad
Vince Staples
Kendrick Lamar
J-Cole
Anderson .Paak
Denzel Curry
Q-Tip
The remaining members of Run DMC
The Fugees
Will.I Am
Fats

Decent amount of the best modern day, best classic, and people MJ worked with and wanted to work with.

I would rather hear the songs the way it is and not have some rapper remix it and potentially make it worse, hopefully it's out on a collection album and not as a single or part of another rapper's album without us having the opportunity to hear the original version.

And also one of the songs is a rock song, how would a rapper fit in lol

Last edited:
I would rather hear the songs the way it is and not have some rapper remix it and potentially make it worse, hopefully it's out on a collection album and not as a single or part of another rapper's album without the original version.

Yeah, the desire to have MJ's art changed and finished by others continues to confuse me.

Yeah, the desire to have MJ's art changed and finished by others continues to confuse me.
It are people who can‘t accept MJ is not in the charts anymore.
Sadly enough the Estate also can‘t accept this because they keep remixing his tracks. Actually I am very confused with T40 because there are no remixes and there is no attempt of creating another hitsingle.
But you just know they are working on a modernized sound for MJ…

For me unfinished tracks in the state of fall again, beautiful girl, in the back, hollywood tonight, days in gloucestershire, ghost of another lover are still very interesting as the core, the backbone of the tracks is finished. We clearly hear the direction he was going in with those. I am positive there are still a bunch of tracks left in this state.

It are people who can‘t accept MJ is not in the charts anymore.
Sadly enough the Estate also can‘t accept this because they keep remixing his tracks. Actually I am very confused with T40 because there are no remixes and there is no attempt of creating another hitsingle.
But you just know they are working on a modernized sound for MJ…
It seems like they WANT Thriller 40 to be a failure commercially, that way the estate can complain and say "why should we celebrate the anniversary of other MJ albums, we already know MJ anniversary reissues don't work well on the market :p"

Just kidding... unless 🤔

We want MJ alive. (I think most of us do.) The next best thing is to pretend, or to forget and connect him to the present, and the best way to do that is to celebrate with new music just like in the old days.

I would rather hear the songs the way it is and not have some rapper remix it and potentially make it worse, hopefully it's out on a collection album and not as a single or part of another rapper's album without us having the opportunity to hear the original version.

The proven formula is a new version, and the original version..that's what I expect and want. In that way, there's no reason to argue, every side gets what they want.

Have you never heard of Run DMC? That was their whole thing, rapping over rock music.
The song is described as being similar to Queen's We Will Rock You, can you imagine a rapper singing over the verses of that song? And it make it sound good still? That's my point here.

The song is described as being similar to Queen's We Will Rock You, can you imagine a rapper singing over the verses of that song? And it make it sound good still? That's my point here.
U are wrong the song called rocker it's not crack kills

Well it depends. Inspiration can come from anywhere. Especially a good hook. Ice Cube sampled We Will Rock You, there's a potential example.

"why should we celebrate the anniversary of other MJ albums, we already know MJ anniversary reissues don't work well on the market :p"

That's what they would say about Bad 25, remember lol. They tried very hard and it's an overall blip on Bad. The actual record, is what we care about most of all still. Depending on who you ask, even it usually is a blip on, OTW, Thriller, Dangerous, Invincible, take your pick. Which is a shame.

MJ and Steve Porcaro collaborated on a song titled “Dream Away,” which was written and recorded shortly after Thriller came out (i.e., December 1982 or January 1983). It’s a mid-tempo ballad with a similar aesthetic to “Human Nature,” and it’s at least 90% to 95% vocally finished.

Another one to fawn over.

MJ and Steve Porcaro collaborated on a song titled “Dream Away,” which was written and recorded shortly after Thriller came out (i.e., December 1982 or January 1983). It’s a mid-tempo ballad with a similar aesthetic to “Human Nature,” and it’s at least 90% to 95% vocally finished.

Another one to fawn over.
Is this from today's seminar? If that's true then this just proves that the vault goes deeper than we thought and isn't as empty. Hopefully we get to hear that song one day.

Back