2: Kick It
3: Chicago 1945
4: Shut Up & Dance
5: Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
6: Red Eye
7: Resurrection
8: Peter Pan

(more than 8 tracks will be better) :jump:

Oh.. :/ But imagine if Michael have recorded vocals and he didn't said it to Will I.Am, it can be really good to heard this song

If he recorded the vocals, he recorded them with Will. And if he recorded his parts of the song other artists can easily record their parts and the song can be completed just like MJ and Will wanted it. But we don't know if MJ recorded them or not (I believe he did because they worked a lot of time together: Ireland, Las Vegas, will.i.am's house).

They recorded 6 songs together. Some are completed, some aren't. Nobody knows for sure which.

1. Can You...
2. I Will Miss You
3. If We Still Love
4. I'm Dreamin'
5. Still The King
6. The Future

+ Unknown title (John Legend song)

I believe MJ recorded enough vocals for first 6 songs to be released. The ones that have full vocals as solo versions and the ones that haven't full vocals as duets. For John Legend song, I really don't know what to think, but if MJ didn't record any vocals, it would be cool to hear John Legend's demo for Michael.

I believe MJ recorded enough vocals for first 6 songs to be released. The ones that have full vocals as solo versions and the ones that haven't full vocals as duets. For John Legend song, I really don't know what to think, but if MJ didn't record any vocals, it would be cool to hear John Legend's demo for Michael.

Let's hope that's true. I heard Michael's process was that he'd hum the song and a few words (like the leaked demo of DIG), get the general feeling of the song and only once he was fully pleased with a song would he actually settle down and record actual vocals. I respect his process of artistic creativity but I do wish he didn't record that way... it would've been awesome if he just recorded as many vocals as he could. Even if they weren't the best of the best... ya know?

Sucks that there's a bunch of songs that just can't really be released because of that process... unless it was maybe on a concepts/Beatles-Anthology type of album.

Last edited:
I decided to edit the second post of this thread. It's now a collection of facts about songs that you posted. (before i did that it was just a list of some unreleased songs without any informations)
Thanks for taking part here and creating this list! :)

If the list is finished you could submit it to the Estate in the "MJJC submits a message to Estate"-Thread

Can we exclude some of those tracks? Which of them are unfinished or will never be released in your opinion?

Seeing Voices, If You Don't Love Me, Serious Effect, People Of The World, Days In Gloucestershire, Somewhere In Time, Tragedy of a Cheerleader, Ekan Satyam (The One Truth), Bottle Of Smoke, What's Your Life, California Grass, What About Us, Hot Street, I Have This Dream, Silent Spring, What More Can I Give, Buffalo Bill, Kick It, Red Eye, Resurrection, Peter Pan, Can You..., I Will Miss You, If We Still Love, Still The King, The Future, Unkown Title (John Legend Song), We Be Ballin', She Got It

I diffidently see us getting "I am a Loser" along with "Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me" for the next project.

I diffidently see us getting "I am a Loser" along with "Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me" for the next project.

Those two do NOT fit on one album for my taste. CGYWOOM is the way to go. I love the real classic Michael, not the Disney Michael.

L.A. wouldn't release "I Am A Loser". He would rather release "I Was The Loser", since this version, was somehow approved by Michael....

'Strawberry Fields Forever' was pressed on a few of the early versions of the 1980-1990 decade album, as well as 'Men In Black'! i'd love to hear both.. could be on Dangerous 25 with some other demo's, but i'd love them to be on a New Album release.

I want the best, most complete unreleased songs we have saved for studio albums, leave the demos for the anniversary editions.

I want the best, most complete unreleased songs we have saved for studio albums, leave the demos for the anniversary editions.

I agree, but it turned out that the demos became the biggest hits - Love Never Felt So Good & Hollywood Tonight. And vocally complete songs either didn't become hits - A Place With No Name or weren't even released as singles - Xscape, Slave To The Rhythm, Chicago, Another Day, Blue Gangsta.

Why are we guessing songs already? The next album, assuming the estate decides to release another, won't come out until 2016 at the earliest. In that time, there's a substantial amount of time for new, previously undiscovered songs to be, well, discovered.

'Strawberry Fields Forever' was pressed on a few of the early versions of the 1980-1990 decade album

I'm still waiting for definitive evidence on that one. There hasn't been any proof that Michael recorded any other Beatles song besides Come Together -- something Bill Bottrell himself has commented on.

I agree, but it turned out that the demos became the biggest hits - Love Never Felt So Good & Hollywood Tonight.

Love Never Felt So Good was only a hit because Justin Timberlake was on it.

Hollywood wasn't a hit by any means. It reached 152 in the United Kingdom and didn't even peak in the United States (minus the Dance/Club Play Charts, which is notoriously easy to do well on).

The biggest legitimate hit Michael has had so far posthumously was with Hold My Hand, which reached the Top 40 in the United States. This success can't be attributed to Akon either--his star was almost entirely faded by that time.

Love Never Felt So Good was only a hit because Justin Timberlake was on it.

Hollywood wasn't a hit by any means. It reached 152 in the United Kingdom and didn't even peak in the United States (minus the Dance/Club Play Charts, which is notoriously easy to do well on).

The biggest legitimate hit Michael has had so far posthumously was with Hold My Hand, which reached the Top 40 in the United States. This success can't be attributed to Akon either--his star was almost entirely faded by that time.

I couldn't disagree more about LNFSG. Literally couldn't disagree more. That is absolute nonsense. The song with or without JT would be a success (Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version), because it is simply brilliant. Maybe it wouldn't be Top 20 hit. But Top 40 for sure. Everyone praised the song, from critics, fans, general public, radio DJs and even haters. Definitive hit. With or without JT.

Hollywood Tonight was a hit. Remixes were really great. MJ's another #1 hit on one of the Billboard charts.

I agree about Hold My Hand. But it wasn't a hit that it supposed to be. Amazing song but it really underperformed on the charts based just on the quality of the song. I was extremely surprised back then.

Re: Let*s guess possible songs for the next album

"
I couldn*t disagree more about LNFSG. Literally couldn*t disagree more. That is absolute nonsense. The song with or without JT would be a success (Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version), because it is simply brilliant. Maybe it wouldn*t be Top 20 hit. But Top 40 for sure. Everyone praised the song, from critics, fans, general public, radio DJs and even haters. Definitive hit. With or without JT.

Hollywood Tonight was a hit. Remixes were really great. MJ*s another #1 hit on one of the Billboard charts.

I agree about Hold My Hand. But it wasn*t a hit that it supposed to be. Amazing song but it really underperformed on the charts based just on the quality of the song. I was extremely surprised back then.

Couldn*t have said it better :) and regarding LNFSG, everybody loved that song, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Justin Timberlake. #1 regardless.

Those two do NOT fit on one album for my taste. CGYWOOM is the way to go. I love the real classic Michael, not the Disney Michael.

That*s too bad then you must really not like songs like Childhood, Smile, Little Susie, Gone Too Soon, Scared Of The Moon, Be Not Always, Someone In The Dark. You missed out on a lot mate :)

Lol,"Disney Michael". ridiculous.

That*s too bad then you must really not like songs like Childhood, Smile, Little Susie, Gone Too Soon, Scared Of The Moon, Be Not Always, Someone In The Dark. You missed out on a lot mate :)

Lol,"Disney Michael". ridiculous.

And that*s the magic of Michael. He made music for all of us. Music is a matter of taste mate.

And that*s the magic of Michael. He made music for all of us. Music is a matter of taste mate.

Indeed it is! As far as your term "Disney Michael" goes that is too the real classic MJ. To suggest (or imply in this case) anything else is ludacris. What we can agree on though mate is that we all want a well balanced MJ album with variety, yes? :)

Indeed it is! As far as your term "Disney Michael" goes that is too the real classic MJ. To suggest (or imply in this case) anything else is ludacris. What we can agree on though mate is that we all want a well balanced MJ album with variety, yes? :)

No, the songs are beautiful, but the aggressive MJ style are more appealing to me.

I couldn't disagree more about LNFSG. Literally couldn't disagree more. That is absolute nonsense. The song with or without JT would be a success (Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version), because it is simply brilliant. Maybe it wouldn't be Top 20 hit. But Top 40 for sure. Everyone praised the song, from critics, fans, general public, radio DJs and even haters. Definitive hit. With or without JT.

A hit isn't measured on critical success; it's measured on commercial. There are a plethora of songs that are given highly positive reviews that never make it off the ground. Positive critical attention does not justify a hit.

Yes, Love Never Felt So Good saw some phenomenal reviews, but the Timberlake version accounted for 80% of single sales. Without him, that song would not have reached the Top 40. If the solo version was as much of a hit as you suggest, I would have heard it on the radio time after time. I've only heard the solo version once on the radio. The duet? At least a dozen times.

Hollywood Tonight was a hit. Remixes were really great. MJ's another #1 hit on one of the Billboard charts.

Hollywood Tonight peaked at number one on a chart I didn't even know existed before it came out. It didn't hit the Hot 100, nor did it hit the UK charts. The closest it came to making an impact was in Belgium.

I'm sorry to say it, but Michael Jackson has not had a true hit song yet. Every time he came close, it was heavily due to an outside influence (Akon for Hold My Hand, Timberlake for LNFSG).

Last edited:
"
A hit isn't measured on critical success; it's measured on commercial. There are a plethora of songs that are given highly positive reviews that never make it off the ground. Positive critical attention does not justify a hit.

Yes, Love Never Felt So Good saw some phenomenal reviews, but the Timberlake version accounted for 80% of single sales. Without him, that song would not have reached the Top 40. If the solo version was as much of a hit as you suggest, I would have heard it on the radio time after time. I've only heard the solo version once on the radio. The duet? At least a dozen times.

Hollywood Tonight peaked at number one on a chart I didn't even know existed before it came out. It didn't hit the Hot 100, nor did it hit the UK charts. The closest it came to making an impact was in Belgium.

I'm sorry to say it, but Michael Jackson has not had a true hit song yet. Every time he came close, it was heavily due to an outside influence (Akon for Hold My Hand, Timberlake for LNFSG).

I heard LNFSG solo version several of times on the radio and I live in Sweden. You have to remember that when the song first was released it was released as the solo version. It was the solo version playing in the iheart award show, it was the solo version that was featured in Jeep's commercial ad. If anything the JT remix just rode on the wave created by the solo version.

Well just because you hadn't heard of the of the chart that Hollywood Tonight topped in doesn't make it any less than a hit. And Akon being the reason why Hold My Hand did what it did is debatable and weak at it's best. When was the last time Akon had a number 1 song by himself? Esp in 2010. This was the first song from an official (not counting TII), Posthumous MJ album. Everybody wanted to hear it. Sure Akon was a contributing factor but not the definitive one.

I heard LNFSG solo version several of times on the radio and I live in Sweden. You have to remember that when the song first was released it was released as the solo version. It was the solo version playing in the iheart award show, it was the solo version that was featured in Jeep's commercial ad. If anything the JT remix just rode on the wave created by the solo version.

Well just because you hadn't heard of the of the chart that Hollywood Tonight topped in doesn't make it any less than a hit. And Akon being the reason why Hold My Hand did what it did is debatable and weak at it's best. When was the last time Akon had a number 1 song by himself? Esp in 2010. This was the first song from an official (not counting TII), Posthumous MJ album. Everybody wanted to hear it. Sure Akon was a contributing factor but not the definitive one.

I should have specified: the Timberlake solo version was the definitive version in the United States. I have no idea about overseas specifications, but it's without doubt that LNFSG would have completely failed in America without Timberlake.

I should have specified: the Timberlake solo version was the definitive version in the United States. I have no idea about overseas specifications, but it's without doubt that LNFSG would have completely failed in America without Timberlake.

Still no, it would not. That's just what you believe. The song was already successful before they released the remix.

Still no, it would not. That's just what you believe. The song was already successful before they released the remix.

Not in the United States.

The remix and the solo version were released on the same day (May 2, 2014). I remember specifically, as I downloaded them both at the same time at midnight. I believe it was Billboard who reported that 80% of the sales were from the duet. The iHeart Music Awards performance brought awareness to the song; the duet got people to buy it.

Not in the United States.

The remix and the solo version were released on the same day (May 2, 2014). I remember specifically, as I downloaded them both at the same time at midnight. I believe it was Billboard who reported that 80% of the sales were from the duet. The iHeart Music Awards performance brought awareness to the song; the duet got people to buy it.

I still believe that if they only released the solo it would have been as successful in the US as it was in the rest of the world. All in all can't complain, making a worldwide hit of an 25 year old demo song that didn't even have proper multitracks to begin with. MJ is still the king of the charts.

So, I see you haven't read my post. Just decided to repeat what you already wrote. OK, I'll repeat myself:

"The song with or without JT would be a success (Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version), because it is simply brilliant. Maybe it wouldn't be Top 20 hit. But Top 40 for sure."

That song was a hit because it was simply great. End of story. Timbaland did masterful job on it. Too bad we didn't hear solo version produced by Timbaland.

Timbaland "version accounted for 80% of single sales." - of course because it's better version, NOT just because it featured Justin. Justin did provide wonderful backing vocals that gives a song another dimension. But his verse gives the song nothing special.

I don't know why are you even mentioning McClain version, when I said: "Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version" - I guess you didn't read my post.

Also the song can become a hit if the reviews are good. Because if the reviews are good and if people like the song - the song will recieve massive airplay and it will become a hit - and that is exactly what happened to LNFSG. Great song, great production by Timbaland, people liked the song because of its quality, not because that one verse by Justin. Of course that his appearence helped, but he is not the key why the song was so successful - it was Michael Jackson's singing and songwriting quality and Timbaland's production quality.

Back