Let's guess possible songs for the next album

I should have specified: the Timberlake solo version was the definitive version in the United States. I have no idea about overseas specifications, but it's without doubt that LNFSG would have completely failed in America without Timberlake.

Completely false and speculative.

The song with or without JT would be a success (Timbaland produced version of course, not that poor McClain version), because it is simply brilliant. Maybe it wouldn't be Top 20 hit. But Top 40 for sure.

That song was a hit because it was simply great. End of story. Timbaland did masterful job on it. Too bad we didn't hear solo version produced by Timbaland.

And who are you speaking for here? The entire Michael Jackson fan base? I'll have you know that I have a number of friends who, after I played it for them for the first time, preferred the solo version over the Timberlake version. You are correct that the quality of the song aided in its success, but you have to drop the idea that just because it's Michael Jackson means that it's going to be a hit. It's not, PARTICULARLY in America, where his reputation is still majorly down the toiler.

Also the song can become a hit if the reviews are good. Because if the reviews are good and if people like the song - the song will recieve massive airplay and it will become a hit - and that is exactly what happened to LNFSG. Great song, great production by Timbaland, people liked the song because of its quality, not because that one verse by Justin. Of course that his appearence helped, but he is not the key why the song was so successful - it was Michael Jackson's singing and songwriting quality and Timbaland's production quality.

Entirely false. Go look up Janelle Monae -- her music has seen consistent critical acclaim, yet she is practically unknown. "This song has good reviews" is not a catalyst for its success.

Also, allow me to give you my proof:

Love Never Felt So Good was premiered on a highly watched television program (iHeart Music Awards) with Usher dancing, and released a duet version with Justin Timberlake's involvement. There was no other significant promotion aside from the relatively quiet premiere of a music video. That song shot to the top 10 and was a massive success.

A Place With No Name was premiered on another highly watched program (Dancing With the Stars) without any significant involvement from celebrities. There was no other significant promotion aside from the music video, which was touted as a world premiere event for being debuted on Twitter. That song sank to the bottom of the Hot 100 and failed to do well anywhere else.

And no, you cannot blame the failure of A Place With No Name on anything other than the fact that people aren't that interested in Michael Jackson anymore.

And no, you cannot blame the failure of A Place With No Name on anything other than the fact that people aren't that interested in Michael Jackson anymore.

I'd put it down to promotion. 'Xscape' hasn't sold near 2 million copies for nothing.

you have to drop the idea that just because it's Michael Jackson means that it's going to be a hit. It's not, PARTICULARLY in America, where his reputation is still majorly down the toiler.

Again, re-read my posts. I said the song was a hit because it was a great song, done very well. Production by Timbaland was masterful, songwriting is perfect, JT background vocals are amazing. I never ever said that it became a hit just because it's MJ. And if we are going to be completely honest, MJ's vocals (demo vocals!) are not best part of the song! Which is usually not the case with Michael Jackson songs.

^^ Can't agree with your last line, crazy. Demo is the best version.

A Place With No Name was premiered on another highly watched program (Dancing With the Stars) without any significant involvement from celebrities. There was no other significant promotion aside from the music video, which was touted as a world premiere event for being debuted on Twitter. That song sank to the bottom of the Hot 100 and failed to do well anywhere else.

Exactly my point. Bravo. The song quality is what made the difference. Timbaland's version of LNFSG is great quality work. StarGate's version of A Place With No Name sound like a remix, unimaginative, uninspiring and little boring after first few listens. I always said that Chicago and Slave To The Rhythm are better produced or "contemporized" songs. I even think that original version of APWNN would chart better than StarGate's version.

Also don't forget that APWNN had very bad music video and almost non-existent promotion - no remixes, no single release on i-tunes and the song was not sent to all radio formats - just AC.

I'd put it down to promotion. 'Xscape' hasn't sold near 2 million copies for nothing.

The last known sales numbers for XSCAPE in the United States have been around 400,000 copies. That would mean that only twenty percent of complete sales came from the United States, assuming the album has surpassed two million worldwide. (See my argument about Michael's popularity in the US in a previous post.)

Again, re-read my posts. I said the song was a hit because it was a great song, done very well. Production by Timbaland was masterful, songwriting is perfect, JT background vocals are amazing. I never ever said that it became a hit just because it's MJ. And if we are going to be completely honest, MJ's vocals (demo vocals!) are not best part of the song! Which is usually not the case with Michael Jackson songs.

Hold on a second. Weren't you the person who for the longest time complained about how Love Never Felt So Good was the lead single because of the demo vocals? I expected you to change your mind, but I didn't expect a full 360. Surprising, to say the very least, but I digress.

This entire argument is tiresome. You continually act like Timbaland blew this song out of the water, and he really didn't. McClain's version is the better version, a statement almost everyone I've spoken to has agreed upon. The only reason they were interested in the Timbaland version is because -- gasp! -- Justin Timberlake was on it. HE is the reason why people looked the song up, HE is a significant reason why people bought it, and HE is a significant reason as to why it was a major success.

I'm bringing you as many legitimate facts as I can here, whereas you're still throwing opinions my way.

^^ Can't agree with your last line, crazy. Demo is the best version.

I'll defend Onir for a second -- it's his own opinion. Not really fair to call him "crazy" for it.

I know you're talking in the contex of singles but you're so off here it's not even funny. If people weren't that interested in Mike then the album wouldn't have sold platinum and the songs for this album wouldn't be played on the radio. Xscape was trending on Twitter, being no 1 in several countries, people was requesting LNFSG on radio, tv hosts were talking about Xscape, tributes were made, and you say people ain't that interested? Also if you didn't notice this Michael Jackson is not alive. He is not here to actively promote his stuff, but when he was here he broke records like selling out 20 shows in the 02 after an 8 year hiatus.
Actually I see parallels with your assessment and the way media reported on his music, you attribute the underwhelming performance of APWNN on Michael Jackson The Man instead of judging it by the musical content. The contemporization of APWWN was just not that good. It destroyed two classics (Place With No Name original and A Horse With No Name) and that's hell of a accomplishment, in my opinion ofc. Not to add that they literally stopped promoting the song all together.

So yeah like Onir said, no one here said that everything Michael did was perfect, again sounding like those reports who focuses on Michael instead of the music, just that APWWN was not good enough. And oh I disagree with you Onir, Michael's vocals are clearly the highlight of the song, without discussion. You know how many people love the way he sings that chorus? Even commercials and ad's emphasize on that. This "demo vocals" talk is complete nonsense. Nobody was complaining about those vocals when this song was first leaked and if you didn't know about the background story of this song you never would have said anything like that. I agree with you here Zakk :)

Last edited:
I'm confident that the Estate has access to some great tracks from each era, mainly Bad, Dangerous and Invincible.

I think the success of LNFSG on the charts might also have to do with the fact that it sounds like what the general public perceives a Michael Jackson song to sound like. Of the contemporized tracks on Xscape, it is the only one on which a clear attempt was made to make it sound like a throwback to an earlier MJ era. Not only is that era (OTW of course) a critically acclaimed one among the general public for various reasons, but it also happens to be a sound that has been returning to the charts recently. The APWNN remix, in contrast, sounds like nothing MJ ever did. Perhaps the general public is more interested in 'vintage Mike' than many fans here seem to think?

I know you're talking in the contex of singles but you're so off here it's not even funny. If people weren't that interested in Mike then the album wouldn't have sold platinum and the songs for this album wouldn't be played on the radio. Xscape was trending on Twitter, being no 1 in several countries, people was requesting LNFSG on radio, tv hosts were talking about Xscape, tributes were made, and you say people ain't that interested? Also if you didn't notice this Michael Jackson is not alive. He is not here to actively promote his stuff, but when he was here he broke records like selling out 20 shows in the 02 after an 8 year hiatus.

Once again, I'm speaking strictly in terms of the United States. Your description box says that you live in Sweden, and I'm sure Michael has a significant standing there. But in America? He's old hat.

XSCAPE did not sell platinum in the United States; it barely pushed by Gold (500k copies). The only song I've heard off of that album on the radio was Love Never Felt So Good. If XSCAPE was really trending on Twitter, it was because so many people were complaining that the Estate was making money off of a dead man (I searched #MJXSCAPE a few times, and the number of outraged/confused people largely outnumbered the excited fans). I've never heard LNFSG requested; radio stations around here played it simply because it was popular. TV hosts spoke of XSCAPE whenever L.A. Reid/Timbaland were there to discuss it; I haven't seen a flat-out discussion on the album at all. Once again, I'm saying that generally, people in the UNITED STATES don't seem to care much.

Also, This Is It was indeed record-breaking. But tell me, where did these concerts take place? EUROPE.

Actually I see parallels with your assessment and the way media reported on his music, you attribute the underwhelming performance of APWNN on Michael Jackson The Man instead of judging it by the musical content. The contemporization of APWWN was just not that good. It destroyed two classics (Place With No Name original and A Horse With No Name) and that's hell of a accomplishment, in my opinion ofc. Not to add that they literally stopped promoting the song all together.

Once again, you (like Onir) are speaking on behalf of the entire world. You can't assume that the single failed because people thought it ruined the original. Once again, I know of a number of people who prefer the newer mix, myself included. It failed because people really aren't interested in Michael Jackson. Once again, he could jump in popularity in ten, twelve years. But for now, he's overdone.

Also, what was the promotion for Love Never Felt So Good? One performance? One music video? A Jeep commercial that I've seen twice? I've seen the commercial with A Place With No Name more often than I have for LNFSG. If anything, APWNN got just a smidge more coverage than LNFSG; the only truly opposing factor is the fact that it wasn't handed out to radio outlets properly.

Allow me to reinstate my argument, just so people begin understanding where I'm coming from: I am not suggesting that people don't like Michael Jackson all around the world. I am stating the simple fact that interest in him has died down significantly IN THE UNITED STATES since his death.

I think the success of LNFSG on the charts might also have to do with the fact that it sounds like what the general public perceives a Michael Jackson song to sound like. Of the contemporized tracks on Xscape, it is the only one on which a clear attempt was made to make it sound like a throwback to an earlier MJ era. Not only is that era (OTW of course) a critically acclaimed one among the general public for various reasons, but it also happens to be a sound that has been returning to the charts recently. The APWNN remix, in contrast, sounds like nothing MJ ever did. Perhaps the general public is more interested in 'vintage Mike' than many fans here seem to think?

Vintage Michael is the only thing the general public is willing to listen to. All I ever hear on the radio is Billie Jean or Thriller or The Way You Make Me Feel; anything else might as well not have even been made.

The only song I've heard off of that album on the radio was Love Never Felt So Good.

Well that's the thing, maybe they don't play MJ where you live but that's not the case for the rest of US. I have plenty of friends living in US and if you want to i can show you the original xscape thread and show you how many fans, (that lives in the US) told their stories about the songs being played on radio. STTR, APWNN, LNFSG, fans can attest to that.

XSCAPE was really trending on Twitter, it was because so many people were complaining that the Estate was making money off of a dead man (I searched #MJXSCAPE a few times, and the number of outraged/confused people largely outnumbered the excited fans)

That is not simply true alot of people were tweeting because of the prospect of a new MJ album, even IF what you said was correct does that not defeat the purpose of your argument, cause it clearly shows people still showing interest in MJ?

you can't assume that the single failed because people thought it ruined the original
nope, i didn't say that at all, what i said was that the contemporization of the song was not good enough and that was why the song didn't perform so well. It's not only in the US, i haven't heard the song over here in sweden as well. So are you gonna make the postulation that people no longer are interested in him here just because that one song didn't meet expectations?

Also, This Is It was indeed record-breaking. But tell me, where did these concerts take place? EUROPE.

Lol, so what are you saying, that people from Europe was the only ones that bought tickets to This Is It?? It was an international headline all over the world not only in europe and it spiked the interest of many people and the anouncement was made in the US anyways so what's your point here?

what was the promotion for Love Never Felt So Good? One performance? One music video? A Jeep commercial that I've seen twice? I've seen the commercial with A Place With No Name more often than I have for LNFSG. If anything, APWNN got just a smidge more coverage than LNFSG

I don't understand your reasoning, you stated it yourself, One performance (Big performance by another artist on an award show), 3 Music videos actually, A jeep commercial. That IS more promo and more coverage than APWNN got, so what is your argument here?

I am not suggesting that people don't like Michael Jackson all around the world. I am stating the simple fact that interest in him has died down significantly IN THE UNITED STATES since his death.

Well duh the man is DEAD! and has been for 6 years, you can't honestly expect an dead artist to be the head of the talks for straight 6 years comeon.

It failed because people really aren't interested in Michael Jackson.

Yet again this is only your opinion and not some all encompassing consensus

Last edited:
This entire argument is tiresome. You continually act like Timbaland blew this song out of the water, and he really didn't. McClain's version is the better version, a statement almost everyone I've spoken to has agreed upon. The only reason they were interested in the Timbaland version is because -- gasp! -- Justin Timberlake was on it. HE is the reason why people looked the song up, HE is a significant reason why people bought it, and HE is a significant reason as to why it was a major success.

I must say I do not agree with this. Most people I have talked to like the Timbaland production the most.

I would love to hear a MJ solo version with Timbaland production. - It would be great! - Even without JT.

I do agree however that JT was a HUGE factor to the succes of LNFSG. - Even though the Timbaland production is better IMO - I do not think the solo MJ Timbaland version would have gained that much succes as the duet did.

JT helped sales A LOT no doubt about it. - And what's the problem with that? MJ's dead and can not promote himself. - To get one of the hottest names in the world in to make the song a duet was genius. - Great promotion for the entire Xscape project!

That is not simply true alot of people were tweeting because of the prospect of a new MJ album, even IF what you said was correct does that not defeat the purpose of your argument, cause it clearly shows people still showing interest in MJ?

Yes, they were discussing the entire prospect. Some people questioned how a dead man could be making an album; others criticized Sony for profiting off a dead man; others still made tiresome pedophile jokes. I looked through the Twitter feed myself the day of the announcement, and I distinctly remember being shocked at how few people I saw who were actually anticipating the album in a positive way. Not to say that no one was, but there was a larger amount of skeptical/uninterested people than enthusiasts.

nope, i didn't say that at all, what i said was that the contemporization of the song was not good enough and that was why the song didn't perform so well. It's not only in the US, i haven't heard the song over here in sweden as well. So are you gonna make the postulation that people no longer are interested in him here just because that one song didn't meet expectations?

You are saying that the contemporized version "isn't good enough," and I truthfully don't think you have jurisdiction to make that statement as if it were fact. There is nothing to suggest that the general public thought the remix wasn't of quality, just as there is nothing to suggest that the original version would have fared better on the charts. As I've been stating, the single flopped because people are quickly losing whatever interest remains in Michael Jackson products. That's why XSCAPE sold so much less than MICHAEL did in its opening week despite a much stronger promotional effort.

Lol, so what are you saying, that people from Europe was the only ones that bought tickets to This Is It?? It was an international headline all over the world not only in europe and it spiked the interest of many people and the anouncement was made in the US anyways so what's your point here?

My point is that you're making the argument that Michael is popular enough in the United States to be a smash success completely on his own merits, which is untrue. If he was, he would have staged his comeback in America. But he didn't; he fled to Europe, where he's still considered a megasuperstar. And no, I'm not suggesting that no one in the United States bought tickets. I'm simply making the observation that if he was as big as you think he was/is, he would have traveled here.

Additional note: there were a ton of leaked discussions that Michael would travel to Kuala Lumpur, Asia, Africa, Australia with this tour...but I never saw one for the United States.

I don't understand your reasoning, you stated it yourself, One performance (Big performance by another artist on an award show), 3 Music videos actually, A jeep commercial. That IS more promo and more coverage than APWNN got, so what is your argument here?

Firstly, did you just point out that the performance was big because another artist was involved? Because your entire argument was just thrown out the window -- that's the point I've been making. If Michael truly was strong enough to do this on his own, we wouldn't have needed Usher to dance at the iHeart Awards or Justin to perform on another mix of the song.

Secondly, as far as I'm concerned, Love Never Felt So Good has one music video. The solo version is just an alternate cut of the duet and got no attention whatsoever, and the secondary "MJ x Love Never Felt So Good" was made to tide fans over until the actual video came out and might as well not exist.

Well duh the man is DEAD! and has been for 6 years, you can't honestly expect an dead artist to be the head of the talks for straight 6 years comeon.

When did I say that? Here is my argument:

Michael Jackson has been dead for five years. In those five years, he has seen a significant number of projects and attention, so much so that the general public is getting annoyed. It's an overabundance of Michael Jackson, to put it as simply as I possibly can. At least in the United States, people are losing interest -- that's why sales numbers are falling. After the Sony contract expires, the Estate should refrain from releasing anything for at least five years. As much as I would hate it, that would give the people time to miss Michael Jackson properly. We haven't had the time to miss him because every year he's popping up here and there. Want a success? Give it time.

This argument, once again, is absolute bull. Give it up, everyone. I'm not saying I'm right, nor am I saying you're right. I'm saying, it's getting tiresome.

I must say I do not agree with this. Most people I have talked to like the Timbaland production the most.

I would love to hear a MJ solo version with Timbaland production. - It would be great! - Even without JT.

I do agree however that JT was a HUGE factor to the succes of LNFSG. - Even though the Timbaland production is better IMO - I do not think the solo MJ Timbaland version would have gained that much succes as the duet did.

JT helped sales A LOT no doubt about it. - And what's the problem with that? MJ's dead and can not promote himself. - To get one of the hottest names in the world in to make the song a duet was genius. - Great promotion for the entire Xscape project!

Well of course that's all opinions -- I won't stand here and act like my personal opinion is the overarching general consensus (as some people have). But that's what I've been saying! It's not a bad thing that he was a significant factor, I'm just making the point that he was.

Yes, they were discussing the entire prospect. Some people questioned how a dead man could be making an album; others criticized Sony for profiting off a dead man; others still made tiresome pedophile jokes. I looked through the Twitter feed myself the day of the announcement, and I distinctly remember being shocked at how few people I saw who were actually anticipating the album in a positive way. Not to say that no one was, but there was a larger amount of skeptical/uninterested people than enthusiasts.

But it was trending wasn't it? Some people were criticizing Sony, some were genuinely happy about the album, some people were talking about the contemporization and there was the haters. Of course there would be mixed discussions but the fact is that it still was trending and that was my entire point.

You are saying that the contemporized version "isn't good enough," and I truthfully don't think you have jurisdiction to make that statement as if it were fact. There is nothing to suggest that the general public thought the remix wasn't of quality, just as there is nothing to suggest that the original version would have fared better on the charts. As I've been stating, the single flopped because people are quickly losing whatever interest remains in Michael Jackson products. That's why XSCAPE sold so much less than MICHAEL did in its opening week despite a much stronger promotional effort.

My friend here we have to agree to disagree. You attribute the failure to that people are losing interest and I attribute it to the song in itself. You know it could be a combination of both, so neither is necessarily wrong, or right for that matter. Again I did not say that the original would fare better I said that the contemporized version butchered the song, it was just tacky. That kind of music isn't that popular anymore. Charts aside, imagine if they would have remade a horse with no name and made it into a euro pop song? also you're not taking into account that the industry was different back in 2010 and has gradually declined as far as sales goes. It's not just MJ, regular artists have a hard time even pushing 1.5m these days and that is pathetic and frankly just depressing

My point is that you're making the argument that Michael is popular enough in the United States to be a smash success completely on his own merits, which is untrue. If he was, he would have staged his comeback in America. But he didn't; he fled to Europe, where he's still considered a megasuperstar. And no, I'm not suggesting that no one in the United States bought tickets. I'm simply making the observation that if he was as big as you think he was/is, he would have traveled here

He still had a market in the US but he choose not to tour here. So you're saying he wasn't considered a mega superstar in the US only in Europe? Are you for real? He was and still is big in the US. That's why concerts like MJ one in Vegas have sold out nights, cirque de soleil getting attention and people be singing TDCAU on demonstration rallies waiting./for fans like Tygger to chime in here

Firstly, did you just point out that the performance was big because another artist was involved? Because your entire argument was just thrown out the window -- that's the point I've been making. If Michael truly was strong enough to do this on his own, we wouldn't have needed Usher to dance at the iHeart Awards or Justin to perform on another mix of the song.

Oh you're right they should instead have Michael sing and perform this song.. Oh but he was dead last time I checked so of course they would have to do something interesting like having a famous artist doing a tribute of some kind, no matter how good the song is having the song play to a video montage in an award ceremony would not have fared well at all.

Yeah and what about STTR on the billboards awards? A holographic MJ performing by himself and the video has something like 30m views and was trending on Twitter and some fans heard it on the radio, I did too here in Sweden.

Secondly, as far as I'm concerned, Love Never Felt So Good has one music video. The solo version is just an alternate cut of the duet and got no attention whatsoever, and the secondary "MJ x Love Never Felt So Good" was made to tide fans over until the actual video came out and might as well not exist.

There were so many official video and audio versions of that song that I lost count but what I do remember is that they put the solo audio version on YouTube and it was topping, passing the million mark rapidly and then one day after they took it down and uploaded the duet. I digress tho and you're right there's only one official video for LNFSG.

Michael Jackson has been dead for five years. In those five years, he has seen a significant number of projects and attention, so much so that the general public is getting annoyed. It's an overabundance of Michael Jackson, to put it as simply as I possibly can. At least in the United States, people are losing interest -- that's why sales numbers are falling. After the Sony contract expires, the Estate should refrain from releasing anything for at least five years. As much as I would hate it, that would give the people time to miss Michael Jackson properly. We haven't had the time to miss him because every year he's popping up here and there. Want a success? Give it time.

So you don't consider Xscape a success? You need to be realistic, you can only do so much with a posthumous album.

You know I think you do have point. There has been so much MJ related stuff in the last years, they need to take a break. They should focus on releasing vintage stuff like concerts. To be realistic why would they even slow down considering the success of Xscape? Sony is a multibillion corporation and see a lucrative market for MJ overseas and, yes, in the US. If anything Xscape is an indication that they will push forward.

I agree that LNFSG was popular because JT was on it. I really don't think it had anything to do with Timbaland's mix being better. I prefer the solo remix if i'm being honest.

Say NO to contemporizing MJ's music. They completely RUINED perfectly good songs on Xscape by doing that.

* People Of The World- I know it's not completely finished, but I think with the right artists, this could be a good anthem to release. Just say no to the likes of Bieber, Cyrus and Taylor Swift, or any other bubble gum P.O.S. Only veteran superstars who have a thing called talent.

The "ruined" portion of your comment is just your opinion. My opinion is that they did an amazing job and Xscape wouldn't have had the enormous success it had if they hadn't contemporized the songs.

On the other hand I do full heartedly agree with your point of NOT having these "no talent" bumble gum acts anywhere near ANY Michael Jackson composition. I just heard TS Shake it whatever, and I almost threw up in my mouth, what a horrible song, I could've written that song and I have no musical talent whatsoever. It is amazing how far and above Michael's music is compared to the songs we have these days. I knew Michael's music was way better, but wow I really really miss him, and that is why I am so grateful to Xscape. LNFSG is way way better than anything these current crop of singers will every put out.

Back on topic. I would love to have in the next album: " If you don't love me". I heard it when it leaked and couldn't stop listening to it. It harkens to the 60's dance, r&b, pop. It is a simple but fun, danceable song. Also, all the songs that Rodney Jerkins produced with Michael for Invincible.

Why are we guessing songs already? The next album, assuming the estate decides to release another, won't come out until 2016 at the earliest. In that time, there's a substantial amount of time for new, previously undiscovered songs to be, well, discovered.

I
Love Never Felt So Good was only a hit because Justin Timberlake was on it...................

The biggest legitimate hit Michael has had so far posthumously was with Hold My Hand
, which reached the Top 40 in the United States. This success can't be attributed to Akon either--his star was almost entirely faded by that time.

What???? to the bolded portions. First off LNFSG was a huge hit because of Michael co-writing the song and his brilliant vocals and the production by Timbaland of course. JT was only on one verse, Michael sang the bulk of the song; Timberlake helped promote it but ultimately it was Michael who propelled it to be that successful.

And HMH was his biggest posthumous hit so far? :scratch:That song was #39 in the U.S. and I wouldn't even consider it a full fledged Michael song since the bulk of the song was sung by Akon, Michael had one full verse and a lot of adlibs. Yes maybe its success was more because it was Michael in it albeit in a small role, but still how can you say it is " "the biggest legitimate Michael hit". Michael didn't even have a hand in writing the song. I love the song and it did very well worldwide too, but hands down LNFSG has been his biggest hit so far and totally legitimate since he co-wrote the song and his vocals represent 90% of the song.

Seems like they want to release Joy!
I added it to the list: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4042245

It would be interesting to know if it's for Dangerous 25 or another project. What do you think?

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134699

http://instagram.com/p/wFWydXGHg9/?modal=true

Fairly sure it will be kept hidden until Dangerous 25 come's, if it's in their plans of course.. but their is so much that can be done with the audio/visual material from 1990-1993...

Hold on a second. Weren't you the person who for the longest time complained about how Love Never Felt So Good was the lead single because of the demo vocals? I expected you to change your mind, but I didn't expect a full 360. Surprising, to say the very least, but I digress.

I complained because of the demo vocals, yes. And because there are stronger tracks on the album, mainly Chicago, Slave To The Rhythm and Xscape. And I still think that one of these songs would have been a better choice. When I heard McClain's sucky version on iHeart Music Awards I thought that the single will flop (go see my posts from back then). And I still wasn't satisfied with their single choice. I changed my mind about the single and I finally realized why they chose that song when I heard Timbaland's superb mix. Except from hearing it, I saw how successful the song became and how people started to love it. Charts proved that. Of course JT helped, but the main reason for it's success was its greatness. And Timbaland helped to create that greatness from a rough demo even with demo vocals and incomplete lyrics. That is what great producers do.

This entire argument is tiresome. You continually act like Timbaland blew this song out of the water, and he really didn't. McClain's version is the better version, a statement almost everyone I've spoken to has agreed upon.

He created a great song that became a huge worldwide hit from a 31 year old demo with demo vocals and incomplete lyrics, without having the multitracks! So yes, he did "blew this song out of the water". McClain's version suck huge balls, a statement almost everyone I've spoken to has agreed upon. The hiss is so annoying and the production so uninspiring.

The only reason they were interested in the Timbaland version is because -- gasp! -- Justin Timberlake was on it. HE is the reason why people looked the song up, HE is a significant reason why people bought it, and HE is a significant reason as to why it was a major success.

Entirely false. People liked it (and bought it) because it was great. And JT contributed to its greatness, mainly with his background vocals. That verse was nothing special.

I'm bringing you as many legitimate facts as I can here, whereas you're still throwing opinions my way.

Where? I'm only seeing your opinions and not a single fact.

Nobody was complaining about those vocals when this song was first leaked and if you didn't know about the background story of this song you never would have said anything like that. I agree with you here Zakk :)

I think it can easily be heard that those are his demo vocals. Also try figure out the lyrics. It was just throwing out ideas to create a demo. You can see with Johnny Mathis version that the lyrics changed when the song was first released.

Just compare his vocals with other songs from Xscape (or Thriller/Victory songs from same era) - all other songs sound lyrically complete and professionally recorded. I'm not saying he's singing bad, just that he's not trying that hard and that the lyrics aren't finished. Classic MJ demo.

I think the success of LNFSG on the charts might also have to do with the fact that it sounds like what the general public perceives a Michael Jackson song to sound like. Of the contemporized tracks on Xscape, it is the only one on which a clear attempt was made to make it sound like a throwback to an earlier MJ era. Not only is that era (OTW of course) a critically acclaimed one among the general public for various reasons, but it also happens to be a sound that has been returning to the charts recently.

This is true.

Once again, you (like Onir) are speaking on behalf of the entire world. You can't assume that the single failed because people thought it ruined the original. Once again, I know of a number of people who prefer the newer mix, myself included. It failed because people really aren't interested in Michael Jackson. Once again, he could jump in popularity in ten, twelve years. But for now, he's overdone.

That is not true. Love Never Felt So Good proved that. Even Slave To The Rhythm proved that. Billie Jean and Thriller both re-entered Hot 100 this year. People didn't lose their interest in MJ.

APWNN failed because first of all wasn't that good. Second of all, it wasn't released as a single on itunes. It wasn't sent to all radio formats, just AC when the song is actually more Pop song. There were no remixes and the music video sucked.

Onir, stop responding to me. Seriously.

You continue to sit here and talk to me like you know for certain why people bought Love Never Felt So Good. Do you really? Did you make a poll and ask everyone in the United States who bought the song why they did? I'm positive you didn't; every review of XSCAPE that I've read has been heavily in favor of the McClain version. And you claim to "only see my opinions and not a single fact". Fact: despite the fact that almost every publication I've seen has loved the McClain version of Love Never Felt So Good, Justin Timberlake's was the more successful. Why? BECAUSE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE WAS INVOLVED.

You also continue to act like you know exactly why A Place With No Name failed. Once again, you do not speak for the worldwide population. People didn't buy it simply because they aren't interested in it.

I did not say that no one cares about Michael Jackson whatsoever; if you actually spent time reading my responses rather than crying over the fact that I don't agree with you, you would know that. People simply aren't interested in NEW Michael Jackson. Slave to the Rhythm reached 45 for what, a week? Then dropped off immediately. XSCAPE sold about 1/3 of what MICHAEL sold in its first week. Billie Jean, meanwhile, was a surprise Hot 100 hit practically out of nowhere. People want to hear the OLD Michael Jackson; anything new is generally overlooked, unless someone famous plugs it. (Like, I don't know... Usher being involved with the worldwide premiere of the song and Justin Timberlake being on a duet version, maybe?)

I don't know why I waste my time responding to you. It's pathetic, really. We all have our opinions, and yet you consistently return to attempt to tear me a new one because I don't agree with you. And I actually defended you for one second, and you turn around and continue to be a total asshole. Whether or not I was correct, you throw in "read better" just to get to me. Very cute.

This is why I don't visit this forum as often; too many airheaded fans who get butt hurt the second I turn around and say, "You know, maybe Michael Jackson didn't do something right." If I get banned, so be it. I like some people on here, the discussions get very interesting, but it's at the point where a person cannot express their own opinion on something without someone jumping out and saying, "HEY! DON'T SAY THAT! YOU'RE EXAGGERATING!" and beginning an entire argument over nothing.

Ridiculous. Rant over.

That is not true. Love Never Felt So Good proved that. Even Slave To The Rhythm proved that. Billie Jean and Thriller both re-entered Hot 100 this year. People didn't lose their interest in MJ.

APWNN failed because first of all wasn't that good. Second of all, it wasn't released as a single on itunes. It wasn't sent to all radio formats, just AC when the song is actually more Pop song. There were no remixes and the music video sucked.

There's some truth to the general public not caring as much for unreleased/new Michael tracks vs the classic 1978-1988 years and I think LNFSG was a hit because it sounded like an Off The wall outtake. The Timberlake connection no doubt helped (hate that fact).

APWNN not that good? Yeah whatever I think it was a solid album track. "Chicago" was my pick for 2nd single. Great Michael vocal (also "Loving You")

As much as I love Michael I admit his prime was Off The Wall/Thriller/Bad. Just out of this world great. He still made great music after this but there's just something magical about his peak that overshadows everything else. Once you hit that peal people compare every new work to your peak and that is a recipe for disappointment. Hardcore fans adore Invincible but casual fans give that album a pass

Small Update of my first list:

Slave To The Rhythm;4043807 said:
1. Lovley Way
According to Mark Ronson he produced the song for the "Michael" album but it didn't make the final cut.

2. I Was The Loser
The version that leaked (I Am A Loser) is only a demo before it became “I Was The Loser”. Many love the song (I’m not a fan of it) and Xscape showed that the estate don’t have any problems with releasing leaked tracks.

3. I'm Dreamin’/I’m Dreaming
One of the songs he worked on with will.i.am. In an interview in september of 2013 Will said that he wanted to put it on his album #willpower but the estate didn't allow that. Maybe they want to save it for a future Michael album?

4. If You Don’t Love Me
I don’t think i have to say much about the song. The only problem i have with the track is that I can’t imagine it beeing contemporized.

5. Throwing Your Life Away
Another song that was considered for "Michael" (produced by Neff-U). The track has complete vocals and Michael worked several times on it from 1988 to his death.

6. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Rodney Jerkins who produced the song was also part of the Xscape project. Fans are screaming for that song and would like to see rodney on the next project too. Why not reworking again a song, that original version he produced?

7. Man In Black/Men In Black
We know not much about it, but the song is expect to be great. Many fans are asking for “Man In Black” and the next album might be the last chance to release it.

8. (Bonus Track) Hot Fun In The Summertime
The song failed to make the Xscape album as a duet with D'Angelo, Mary J Blige and Questlove. Because it’s a posthumous duet i think they would only release it as a bonus track on a possible deluxe edition.

1. Lovely Way

2. I'm Dreamin’/I’m Dreaming

3. Throwing Your Life Away

4. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me

5. Joy

6. Man In Black/Men In Black

7. (Bonus Track) Hot Fun In The Summertime

I removed "I Was The Loser" because i think the Estate don't want to present Michael as a Loser. Also i don't think the song has hit potential.
I think "If You Don't Love Me" will be released on Dangerous 25 (If there will be an anniversary edition). As teddy is searching for "Joy" the song is either for Dangerous 25 or for the last posthumous album.

What do you think about the changes?
Do you think there will be a Dangerous 25 release and which songs should be released with it and which rather on an album of new material?

Slave To The Rhythm;4066029 said:
Small Update of my first list:

1. Lovely Way

2. I'm Dreamin’/I’m Dreaming

3. Throwing Your Life Away

4. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me

5. Joy

6. Man In Black/Men In Black

7. (Bonus Track) Hot Fun In The Summertime

I removed "I Was The Loser" because i think the Estate don't want to present Michael as a Loser. Also i don't think the song has hit potential.
I think "If You Don't Love Me" will be released on Dangerous 25 (If there will be an anniversary edition). As teddy is searching for "Joy" the song is either for Dangerous 25 or for the last posthumous album.

What do you think about the changes?
Do you think there will be a Dangerous 25 release and which songs should be released with it and which rather on an album of new material?

It's pointless writing supposed tracklisting's, also the next album certainly won't be the last! their are many more tracks from the BAD, Invincible & DANGEROUS sessions! enough for 5-6 more albums, probably not as much as 8 like Rodney Jerkins said! although i wouldn't be surprised, if their were to be that many albums to come.. everyone has said that Michael did tend to over record a lot, so who knows? no presumptions from this guy ;)

Back