Let's talk Wanna be startin' Something (live)

I agree with you. He could have had glaucoma, but you USUALLY don't get it until you're older-it's unusual to get it when you're under 50. I was 30 when I got diagnosed with it (there's lots of kinds) and I didn't believe the doctors for a couple of years.
I think it was more so people couldn't make eye contact with you-which makes you a LOT more comfortable. And all his brothers wear them too-ALL THE TIME.

Besides, that story came from the Murray interview with the police-so I don't put any stock in that.

Out of intrest am I right in saying Michael's vocals on WBSS-2008 were recorded in 2007/2008?

Out of intrest am I right in saying Michael's vocals on WBSS-2008 were recorded in 2007/2008?

Yes, you are correct.. Michael's new vocals/ad libs were recorded with the Cascio's in November of 2007! he sounded wonderful, which would be expected of course

I always forget how good WBSS as a song and live performance is and stumble on it every now and again!!!!

I love the Victory performance and find it amazing how the Thriller era Michael sounds like the Bad era Mike in that performance but I guess he always had those vocals in him.

Also watching the History era performance where his vocals lack very much so let's be honest, and thinking was the song too high tempo for Mike during this era as it hadn't changed since the Victory tour? Maybe they should of changed the tempo down a bit and Michael could of changed the style slightly as he did in This is It, that's why I think he sounds soo much better in This is It compared to History era and even Dangerous era!!!?
I agree with the Victory Tour statement, but I disagree with th HWT statement. Yes, he did sound better in This Is It, but there are concerts where his vocals are perfect in HWT. I will add concerts which I know, not Brunei because that is one of his overrated HWT concerts.

I think the main reason why he wore them was because he was insecure about his looks so he just wanted to wear them. I have got that imperssion. I can't think of other reason why he would wear them inside.
Experts suggested that he wore his sunglasses in the 'This Is It' rehearsals because of his glaucoma and his insomnia.

Due to his glaucoma, his eyes became extremely sensitive to light, and especially to the bright stage lights of those rehearsals.

This problem was exacerbated by his insomnia and tiredness, which made his eyes even more sensitive to light (insomnia and tiredness make eyes tinged with blood and very sensitive to light).

The sensitiveness of his eyes (because of his insomnia and tiredness) was also the main reason why he used to wear sunglasses so often on various public indoor occasions (such as, awards ceremonies, interviews) in order for him to protect them from bright light, light reflections, camera flashes, and so on.

So Michael re recorded WBSS in 2008 , where can I listen to this?
It is in Thriller 25, you can hear it here:

What is weird is that, the version in the album I purchased, has one more akon's verse and a longer bridge than this version on youtube,
but MJ's vocals are the same.

@GlenXoseph oh lol on thriller25 I am so aversed to remixes or remakes that I never even listened to those versions under the assumption MJ had nothing to do with them. I'll give it a spin now.

Back