Lisa Marie Presley * Designated discussion thread for everything LMP

Lisa Marie Presley. whether you like her or dislike her, she seems so be a very popular subject for discussion among MJ fans. This will be your designated discussion thread for everything LMP. Keep all articles and discussions about her in this thread. Please No excessive hatefulness and or name calling and above all treat each other with respect when discussing this topic no matter what your opinions or views may be.

Team MJJC

Why did Presley marry Jackson in 1994?

“Because I fell in love with him,” Presley says briskly.

A lot of people found the union odd.

“I don’t know why, because we were actually similar in a lot of ways. We didn’t have conventional lives. It made sense to me.”

He was loveable? “Very.”

Thetimes UK/October 2012

ps: I'm also told that there's another interview on the Sunday times that mention Michael as well

-----------------------------------

Heres more

Lisa Marie talks more about Michael Jackson…
From The Times Uk:

Did she want to have children with him?

“In the beginning, yes.” They divorced after two years in 1996. “I hoped it would be the one that would last, but that was a messy situation. Too many people got involved between us.” She means entourages. “We both allowed that, which was a mistake.”

Jackson’s death in 2009:

“was really confusing and really, really painful. Our relationship was something I had parked away, pushed away. It brought it all back in a way I was not prepared for, things I hadn’t dealt with. Some of the things that we went through could never be fixed or resolved. It was devastating.”

Was Jackson gay?

“Absolutely not, not in any way shape or form. Not, not, not, not.” She was with him when the first child molestation charges were made. “I always maintain it’s not anything I was around for and nothing I witnessed.”

Re: New--- Lisa Marie Presley on Michael Jackson

Wouldn't it be great if MRS. LOCKWOOD stopped talking about MR. JACKSON???

Wouldn't it be great if MRS. LOCKWOOD stopped talking about MR. JACKSON???

She rarely talks about him, most of the time she tells journalists she will not talk about him. I'm very surprised she said anything in this interview. But it seems this is what journalists are most interested in when they speak to her.

Anyway I have read the whole interview and believe me she gushes over Lockwood like no tomorrow. How much she loves him and how they'll be together until death parts them.

Didn't she tell Oprah in 2010 that she would never mention MJ again?:bugeyed Isn't she supposed to tell interviewers before the interview that she will not mention MJ so don't ask about him?

She rarely talks about him, most of the time she tells journalists she will not talk about him. I'm very surprised she said anything in this interview. But it seems this is what journalists are most interested in when they speak to her.

Anyway I have read the whole interview and believe me she gushes over Lockwood like no tomorrow. How much she loves him and how they'll be together until death parts them.

well excellent! I wish she would've kept her promise not to mention MJ at all..

What's the big deal if she mentions him? Not sure why fans get so upset. Everything she said was positive.

She told Oprah in 2010 she would never talk about him again she should've kept that promise.. Concentrate on the 'love of her life' Lockwood, their twins and her flop album.

She told Oprah in 2010 she would never talk about him again she should've kept that promise.. Concentrate on the 'love of her life' Lockwood, their twins and her flop album.

If you read the whole article, like I have, you'd realize that the part about Michael is a small part in comparison to the whole article and in it she talks about every single man she's been married to. So there's a paragraph about Danny Keough, a paragraph about Nic Cage, and a paragraph about Michael, and then she goes on about Lockwood.

So if she talked about Nic and Danny, what was she to tell the reporter, no I can't say a word about Michael?

I still don't understand what you are upset about, but it's obvious you dislike Lisa, so whatever she does, you're gonna criticize her. That's your right, of course, but I beg to differ. :)

I thought overall the article was pretty good.

What's the big deal if she mentions him? Not sure why fans get so upset. Everything she said was positive.

I guess because of the things she said in the past. Still doesnt sit right with some fans and they rather her not talk about him anymore It also could come off like she's using his name to sell her albums again.

must be another Michael Jackson event rearing it's 'ugly' head again(as far as journalists are concerned)....gets people talking tabloid against Michael...again....as usual.

'Was Michael Jackson loveable'? Are you kidding me? what kind of question is that?? some people never cease to surprise me. yet it still surprises me. what's inside these journalists anyway??? forget it. i don't want to know.

That is a weird ass question to ask. :blink: Was he "lovable?" Geez do they not think he was human....oh wait some actually didn't! :ermm: MORONS! As for Lisa I think I said enough about what I thought about anything nice she has to say NOW. So yea...ugh no comment? lol

Last edited:

It's positive now but when Michael was here it wasn't so positive what she had to say. It makes sense to her now but back then people thought she was crazy for marrying him and she agreed with them.

^:rollin:Too Funny! And I am also surprised by the way she looks on the cover the way she is made up makes her look waay older then she is. o_O

Last edited:

anyone got access to the second article?

Never did make sense to me why Michael wanted Lisa Marie...I think he thought she would have children with him. They weren't even married 2 years and after they were divorced she went on Oprah and trashed him. If you loved someone, even a little bit, you couldn't go on national tv and try to make a fool out of that person! Poor Michael was used by everyone that he put his trust in, with the exception of his mother! R.I.P. Michael....love you and miss you!

You're right she hasn't talked about MJ for a while and if she does he was one of her husbands. She also talked about her other ex husbands and said she is really happy with her current husband and I understand she meant he is the perfect partner for her. MJ sadly couldn't be though to be loveable as she said he was. I am happy she had found the correct one in her life like her mother, Priscilla Presley has lately said in some interviews and she is enjoying of peace and the true love with Loockwood.

In my opinion It's painfully obvious that Michael means nothing to her, he's only a golden card that makes her feel important and special in showbiz, it breaks my heart to know that Michael lived less than 18 months with a woman like that!

Michael is part of her live, nothing can change that...and I'm glad at least at the end she understood he loved her...they weren't a match, she wasn't confident enought, she starting seeing Michael trough other people's eyes and that ruined their relationship...they were in love, but for long lasting love you need more then that, you need friendship and understanding of each other...

Imo...I think as long as Lisa is able to speak the media will always ask her about Michael...that is what they do ..pry..and if they can get an answer that makes them happy. I would rather have her say kind things...it only helps add to Michael's memory.

I guess because of the things she said in the past. Still doesnt sit right with some fans and they rather her not talk about him anymore It also could come off like she's using his name to sell her albums again.

You hit the nail right on the head. This is exactly what annoys me about her. All the stuff she says about him now will never change all the bad stuff she said when he was alive. How do you think it made Michael feel when she said those horrible things about him? He died having heard her say those things. He's not here to hear what she's saying now.

I guess attention was needed.. If the part is small about Michael, then why is his name in the headline on the front cover?

https://twitter.com/ViadellaSpiga2/status/257207297539969024/photo/1

This is not to be mean, but let's face it. No many people care about Lisa herself, they care about Elvis and Michael so that's what will be put on the cover to get people to buy it.

Part of my opinion about her has something to do with her actions after his death, and I don't want to change the subject of this thread. ;)

Purely a personal opinion, please don't shoot me down. lol I thought I had never seen Michael look happier (apart from when his children came along) than when I saw him with Lisa Marie. There was a real spark there and I was sad when they divorced. Who knows how things might have turned out had they remained married and had children of their own?

You hit the nail right on the head. This is exactly what annoys me about her. All the stuff she says about him now will never change all the bad stuff she said when he was alive. How do you think it made Michael feel when she said those horrible things about him? He died having heard her say those things. He's not here to hear what she's saying now.

This is not to be mean, but let's face it. No many people care about Lisa herself, they care about Elvis and Michael so that's what will be put on the cover to get people to buy it.

Exactly! There is no need to put MJ's name on the cover since she is supposed to be promoting her flop cd.

oops ... Sorry for causing any confusion by posting under the wrong account earlier. I was using the board control panel to clean out spammers /approve Jr members posts and I just forgot to log out. I'll repost

I guess attention was needed.. If the part is small about Michael, then why is his name in the headline on the front cover?

https://twitter.com/ViadellaSpiga2/status/257207297539969024/photo/1

^Too Funny! And I am also surprised by the way she looks on the cover the way she is made up makes her look Way older then she is. o_O

Well we all have been around long enough to know why his name was used by the Magazine and that Lisa dint create the headline on the cover. We know how it works. I agree that is not a very good picture. It seems over photo-shopped. Her face is to elongated and the makeup doesn't suit her at all.

In my opinion It's painfully obvious that Michael means nothing to her, he's only a golden card that makes her feel important and special in showbiz, it breaks my heart to know that Michael lived less than 18 months with a woman like that!

I don't really feel it is obvious. I see nothing in her words or actions to indicate that he means nothing to her. I know in the past she was a bitter angry scorned young woman very hurt and upset over their break up. At that time she said things that bitter scorned women do. But she has grown and matured a lot over the years since then. She has moved on in her life and sees things with a better perspective. In reality that's what happens when you have time and distance from a painful situation. You can see things more clear without being bitter or hurt any longer. His death also made her look at things about Michael and herself that maybe she couldn't face or see before. Thats very common when someone you cared or cared about dies.

I know You may not like her because of her her past actions and that's your right. I'm certainly not telling you how to feel. I know many fans don't like her for her past. But people change. They live learn and grow. Just trying to show things from a different perspective. Her words and demeanor make it evident to me she did love Michael. They even tried to work it out but in the end it wasnt meant to be. They both moved on in their lives. Same thing Michael said about their relationship. Lisa only says positive things and very little, only when pressed. She certainly isn't out to do a whole interview about MJ but questions will come up after all He was a part of her life. She cant change the past only learn from it as we all do. There is no disrespect in her words. It doesn't bother me when she discusses him. I dont feel it is harming anything at all. Hope Im not stepping on anyones toes. It's just how I personaly feel about the situation.

I don't like Lisa for the way she vented her marital problems on tv & on the media but on this article she was kind to Michael.

However, she allowed the reporter to ask questions about Michael as if Michael was unable to insipre love. "Why did Lisa marry him" wasn't Michael a human being? Why allow these kind of questions? Usually before an interview, the reporter let the persona know what the article is about & what questions will be asked. I think she had the opportunity to ask the reporter to refrain from asking questions with double meanings. I dont think she will allow questions with some kind of innuendos about her father.

Unfortunatelly, whatever she says about Michael is now doubtful, to me. I believe she's still itching for Michael. She played hardball with him & she lost.

I don't like Lisa for the way she vented her marital problems on tv & on the media but on this article she was kind to Michael.

However, she allowed the reporter to ask questions about Michael as if Michael was unable to insipre love. "Why did Lisa marry him" wasn't Michael a human being? Why allow these kind of questions? Usually before an interview, the reporter let the persona know what the article is about & what questions will be asked. I think she had the opportunity to ask the reporter to refrain from asking questions with double meanings. I dont think she will allow questions with some kind of innuendos about her father.

Unfortunatelly, whatever she says about Michael is now doubtful, to me. I believe she's still itching for Michael. She played hardball with him & she lost.

She has had her people to tell interviewers what she will and won't talk about in the past and currently so I have no idea how MJ would be mentioned unless she wanted him to be. A lot of these celebs let the interviewer know beforehand what they can be asked and if they will answer it unless it's a 'no holds barred' interview. She told Oprah she would never talk about MJ again and she would refer all inquiries to the 2010 Oprah interview. She is obviously a liar. And if she is 'kind' now it's all a fraud because she sure as hell wasn't very kind months before he died. She is only trying to be 'nice' now because he's gone which is very hypocritical of her. That is my two cents ...

Last edited:

She has had her people to tell interviewers what she will and won't talk about in the past and currently so I have no idea how MJ would be mentioned unless she wanted him to be. A lot of these celebs let the interviewer know beforehand what they can be asked and if they will answer it unless it's a 'no holds barred' interview. She told Oprah she would never talk about MJ again and she would refer all inquiries to the 2010 Oprah interview. She is obviously a liar. And if she is 'kind' now it's all a fraud because she sure as hell wasn't very kind months before he died. She is only trying to be 'nice' now because he's gone which is very hypocritical of her. That is my two cents and I am done with this no talented and non-singing girl..

That's exactly my point. She allows the questions about Michael and then she plays as if is not her but the reporters. It's really sad for a married woman who once trashed an ex-husband to still talk about him, but now in a loving way. I think she's unhappy and it's sad. Wish she finds a man who she really loves and can put up with her.

She has had her people to tell interviewers what she will and won't talk about in the past and currently so I have no idea how MJ would be mentioned unless she wanted him to be. A lot of these celebs let the interviewer know beforehand what they can be asked and if they will answer it unless it's a 'no holds barred' interview. She told Oprah she would never talk about MJ again and she would refer all inquiries to the 2010 Oprah interview. She is obviously a liar. And if she is 'kind' now it's all a fraud because she sure as hell wasn't very kind months before he died. She is only trying to be 'nice' now because he's gone which is very hypocritical of her. That is my two cents ...
Hypocritical of her? You're one of the posters who have for years made her a huge presence on the MJ forums and it's because of fans like you MJ fans hate for her is seen as joke by most folks, so how can you of all fans act all tough and angry about her past comments now?

Just admit that you are glad that you got a little crumb from her. You could see that fans like you were super pissed that she hadn't been mentioning MJ.

Back