Lisa Marie Presley * Designated discussion thread for everything LMP

Re: New--- Lisa Marie Presley on Michael Jackson

The facts are there to prove it. I'm sure Lisa doesn't believe the allegations, otherwise she would not have married him and would not have let her children around Michael. But IMO she is not brave enough to stand up for that in the media, which is a shame.

She seems to have other interests to care about are over MJ's image and her love for him and this is sad because he is dead and she has said how much she loved him.

Before you judge her, try hard to love her. If Michael taught us anything it has to be that!

Lark

No not this again!

On the surface, she and Michael did have some things in common but underneath, they really were not alike.
Michael had integrity, character, attributes she doesn't have. She's fickle, wishy-washy, a follower, spoiled and self-centered. She was not the woman for him. Her weakness and lack of character says it. Michael went through hell but yet he still maintained his dignity publically, he never took cheap shots at people in the press and he still had the ability to love people. He was just miles ahead of her when it came to character. She really needs to build a bridge and get over it and stop talking about our boy!

I think she is a very selfish and under-developed person and did not know how to understand or appreciate Michael.

Agree, she has selfishly behaved regarding to Michael and seems to not have appreciated enough to him, she hasn't been clear and leaves many questions, it's preferable she say nothing.

Last edited:

Yes, I do think she loved him but he said NO to her and that was something she couldn't handle. She went on Oprah saying Michael loved me as much as he was 'capable of'--but I think the reality is she loved HIM as much as she was 'capable of,' which wasn't much.

Totally desagree, I do believe Michael deeply loved her and suffered a lot for her and during last years of his life too, believe it, it is very sad. The fact he didn't adapt all her requirements doesn't mean he didn't deeply love her.

The fact she gave back him during his worse time, is one of my pain. Why did she choose just that horrible time for him to be cruel? She had been for him suffering and being angry due other strong things after divorce, don't understand why she did that.

Last edited:

Anyway I have read the whole interview and believe me she gushes over Lockwood like no tomorrow. How much she loves him and how they'll be together until death parts them.

That's the sad part, she can gush about her husband as much as she wants to, NOBODY CARES. To the outside world he is JUST "Lisa Marie's husband," a person with no real identity.

In my opinion, the only reason they speak to her at all is because they are looking for a Michael Jackson related nugget. It doesn't even have to be a new nugget, as long as she gives them a little Michael Jackson, they're happy and the article is a success.

I sort of feel bad for Lockwood. I mean, doesn't he have a musical background that nobody appears to be interested in.

No I wasn't at all... I was glad she wasn't mentioning MJ because it would only prove she was using him to sell her record. Can you Angie just admit that your girl is a liar? Are you going to deny that she told Oprah in 2010 that she would never talk about Michael Jackson again and if anyone asks she would refer them to the Oprah interview? Didn't she say her husband was for her talking to Oprah to get everything out and to exorcise demons etc... Well if that's the case why 2 years later is she back to mentioning MJ when she said she wouldn't? why didn't she refer this UK writer to the 2010 Oprah interview?

Yeah, him being mentioned 2 measily times out of nearly 800 interviews in the last 5 months says to us that she's a liar. You can't even pull up a tweet of anyone caring about this MJ mention, so why try to blow this up? Look around most are over the MJ thing. I will come across 150x times more talk about her upcoming duet with her father than I will over this MJ mention, so what exactly is it that you're going on about?

Her album must really be flopping bad! This is basically a second interview about Michael. She allowed all kinds of questions. SMH

More

The Times Uk
About Michael Jackson’s death:
“They last spoke in 2005. She spent time alone with his body after the private funeral: “Not an easy thing.” Now she has found “some peace, it can quiet but never go away”. She remains close with matriarch Katherine, presently in reported dispute with her son’s children. “They’re really sweet, incredible people,” Presley says of the Jacksons. “I’ve always had a relationship with them. All I can do is wish them the best.””

”Was she acting out some desire to “save” Jackson in a way she couldn’t her father?
“I’m sure there were things about Michael that reminded me of my dad. I don’t think it’s unfair to say I’m still a sucker for a father figure. I think I always have been. There were probably things they shared that intrigued me. Both were incredibly dynamic and iconic. My father set the precedent for me early. There were some big shoes to fill.”

Last edited:

Yeah, him being mentioned 2 measily times out of nearly 800 interviews in the last 5 months says to us that she's a liar. You can't even pull up a tweet of anyone caring about this MJ mention, so why try to blow this up? Look around most are over the MJ thing. I will come across 150x times more talk about her upcoming duet with her father than I will over this MJ mention, so what exactly is it that you're going on about?

Angie she said that she wouldn't talk about him AT ALL... SHE IS A LIAR

Angie she said that she wouldn't talk about him AT ALL... SHE IS A LIAR

And in another interview months ago she was asked about her marriage to Michael and she told that person to go watch the Oprah interview. What made her change about that so quickly? Im guessing she doesnt want a repeat of that colossal flop she had in the US with her noise. I hope no one buys Liar Im mean Lisa's album in the UK.

Aprilmay;3725201 said:
Her album must really be flopping bad! This is basically a second interview about Michael. She allowed all kinds of questions. SMH

More

The Times Uk
About Michael Jackson’s death:
“They last spoke in 2005. She spent time alone with his body after the private funeral: “Not an easy thing.” Now she has found “some peace, it can quiet but never go away”. She remains close with matriarch Katherine, presently in reported dispute with her son’s children. “They’re really sweet, incredible people,” Presley says of the Jacksons. “I’ve always had a relationship with them. All I can do is wish them the best.””

”Was she acting out some desire to “save” Jackson in a way she couldn’t her father?
“I’m sure there were things about Michael that reminded me of my dad. I don’t think it’s unfair to say I’m still a sucker for a father figure. I think I always have been. There were probably things they shared that intrigued me. Both were incredibly dynamic and iconic. My father set the precedent for me early. There were some big shoes to fill.”

Aprilmay exactly!! After telling Oprah she wouldn't talk about him ever again, she goes and does a second interview 2 years later. She obviously didn't tell them 'no Michael Jackson questions':bugeyed

And in another interview months ago she was asked about her marriage to Michael and she told that person to go watch the Oprah interview. What made her change about that so quickly? Im guessing she doesnt want a repeat of that colossal flop she had in the US with her noise. I hope no one buys Liar Im mean Lisa's album in the UK.

I hope it flops in England as well... Did she forget to tell the UK reporters to go and watch the Oprah interview?:busted:

Did they ask her anything about Nic Cage? LOL!

He's like the forgotten husband, i.e. we don't care about Nic Cage, we just want to know about MICHAEL JACKSON!

You don't have to wonder why she talks about him again, this interview is the reason why Michael left her, woman can't keep her promise!!!

mlg2804;3724566 said:
What's the big deal if she mentions him? Not sure why fans get so upset. Everything she said was positive.

"She was with him when the first child molestation charges were made. “I always maintain it’s not anything I was around for and nothing I witnessed.” "

I don't think this was too positive.She was very adamant about him not being gay why not so adamant about the allegations as well?She maintains what she said before, so according to her Michael didn't do anything inappropriate when she was around ..not sure what happened when she wasn't .....yes very positive ...:angry:

it's the twenty fifth anniversary of Bad. Ms. Marie is like a lot of other people...on the highway, trying to hitch a ride, with suspect timing, with album promotion time.

Totally desagree, I do believe Michael deeply loved her and suffered a lot for her and during last years of his life too, believe it, it is very sad. The fact he didn't adapt all her requirements doesn't mean he didn't deeply love her.

The fact she gave back him during his worse time, is one of my pain. Why did she choose just that horrible time for him to be cruel? She had been for him suffering and being angry due other strong things after divorce, don't understand why she did that.

i think he moved on from all the scorn she wa spewing out, Paris was discussing her dad's girlfriend whose from the middle easr a few weeks ago and how she spent Christmas with them right before he passed. She said her and her brothers would always tease him about his gf lol

A5RyqdHCEAEsT1W.jpg

So...the reason why she did Oprah's interview is because she doesn't want anyone to ask her about Michael Jackson while promoting her new album? I see..

Before you judge her, try hard to love her. If Michael taught us anything it has to be that!

Lark
^ o_O I'm sorry but I really can't stand when MJ words are used as an example to defend those who hurt him. Those words MJ said were because many talked a lot of B.S about him and he wanted people to not believe them without knowing what the truth was first. So it don't fit with Lisa Marie who never can give a straight answer when it comes to MJ.

Last edited:

No not this again!

On the surface, she and Michael did have some things in common but underneath, they really were not alike.
Michael had integrity, character, attributes she doesn't have. She's fickle, wishy-washy, a follower, spoiled and self-centered. She was not the woman for him. Her weakness and lack of character says it. Michael went through hell but yet he still maintained his dignity publically, he never took cheap shots at people in the press and he still had the ability to love people. He was just miles ahead of her when it came to character. She really needs to build a bridge and get over it and stop talking about our boy!

The point is Lisa Marie was very immature and needy when she married Michael. Michael needed a very strong and independent person and Lisa was certainly not that type of woman. He was incredibly busy and had one thousands things and ppl pulling him in every direction.

But love is a funny thing. You just can't explain it. I believe Michael and Lisa were very much in love. They had some things in common like their celebrity and her father. She understood him because of her father. He wanted children and Lisa agreed. I saw them in different pictures and on footage very very happy, and from all accounts they were. But so many things and ppl got in the way and Lisa was not strong or mature enough to stand her ground and have her own convictions. I think though even after the divorce she still loved him and tried to work it out- didn't they have an on and off relationship for a few years after the divorce? But for some reason it just wasn't meant to be. Like Qbee mentioned she felt like a scorned women who was bitter about the break up and so she lashed out. It happens in a lot of relationships. It so happens this was a high profile relationship.

Yes, I have to admit I def. did not like all the things she said about Michae in the past, but I understand now. I am not going to hate her for that. We are all human beings. She was immature and yes spoiled, always getting her way, but MJ did not give her what she wanted. I don't know everything that happened between them, but in general what I mentioned above is the general gist of their relationship imho.

Lisa is now older and wiser and with his passing has thought out everything and realized what really happened. I am thankful she now realizes it, I know it is a shame it happened after his passing, but again that is human nature. She is saying some kind things and honest things about Michael in this article imo. And if the press wants to ask these dumb questions well at least she is telling them like it is. As far as the "molestation" questions, well they never have probed her too much on that . If I were the interviewer I would press her on the subject more. And just because she says those lines does not necessarily mean she doesn't believe Michael is innocent.

You don't have to wonder why she talks about him again, this interview is the reason why Michael left her, woman can't keep her promise!!!

Yikes. The shade...

The point is Lisa Marie was very immature and needy when she married Michael. Michael needed a very strong and independent person and Lisa was certainly not that type of woman. He was incredibly busy and had one thousands things and ppl pulling him in every direction.

But love is a funny thing. You just can't explain it. I believe Michael and Lisa were very much in love. They had some things in common like their celebrity and her father. She understood him because of her father. He wanted children and Lisa agreed. I saw them in different pictures and on footage very very happy, and from all accounts they were. But so many things and ppl got in the way and Lisa was not strong or mature enough to stand her ground and have her own convictions. I think though even after the divorce she still loved him and tried to work it out- didn't they have an on and off relationship for a few years after the divorce? But for some reason it just wasn't meant to be. Like Qbee mentioned she felt like a scorned women who was bitter about the break up and so she lashed out. It happens in a lot of relationships. It so happens this was a high profile relationship.

Yes, I have to admit I def. did not like all the things she said about Michae in the past, but I understand now. I am not going to hate her for that. We are all human beings. She was immature and yes spoiled, always getting her way, but MJ did not give her what she wanted. I don't know everything that happened between them, but in general what I mentioned above is the general gist of their relationship imho.

Lisa is now older and wiser and with his passing has thought out everything and realized what really happened. I am thankful she now realizes it, I know it is a shame it happened after his passing, but again that is human nature. She is saying some kind things and honest things about Michael in this article imo. And if the press wants to ask these dumb questions well at least she is telling them like it is. As far as the "molestation" questions, well they never have probed her too much on that . If I were the interviewer I would press her on the subject more. And just because she says those lines does not necessarily mean she doesn't believe Michael is innocent.

the problem is, the interviewer, media and public don't go by what she thinks..whatever that is...they go by what she says. if a person is afraid that what they say and think are two different things, then silence is a good idea. Michael was good at silence. that's true about all of us..we can't go by what may be in another person's mind. we can only go by what comes out of a person's mouth. and..to be honest..it takes a little effort to separate what's in the mind, from what comes out of the mouth....even if it's subtle. and..i don't know if anybody goes into a relationship and not expect disappointment, if they plan to change the other person(get everything they want). compromise should be expected from the beginning.

and..oh my goodness..try to go into a relationship with Michael expecting to get absolutely everything the woman or other person would want? he wrote a song about people trying to control him. lol. that's only fair. i know in my experience, if a person is trying to get everything they want, that means lording over me, at my expense. i wouldn't want to do that to another person hopefully, and i don't want them to do that to me.

It's hard because she spent YEARS trashing him to anybody that interviewed her tv, magazines, radio etc. If it was a one time thing it would have been different. If Michael was still here would she be saying these things now? I don't know. I think what makes it hard to forget is she did this too when he was at his lowest point in his life. I can see why people just don't want to hear from her anymore. I can also see why people want to give her the benefit of the doubt now. With me I am in the middle. I am glad she is saying nice things about him but then a part of me doesn't want to hear it now because it feels too late.

i think he moved on from all the scorn she wa spewing out, Paris was discussing her dad's girlfriend whose from the middle easr a few weeks ago and how she spent Christmas with them right before he passed. She said her and her brothers would always tease him about his gf lol

He could have had one, two or many girlfriends, friends or lovers but it doesn't mean he didn't die loving Lisa, in love with her. I know why say it and it's my deep pain that Lisa was so cruel at the end with him.

But Michael told Rabbi that he closed his heart to Lisa, if he wanted her, then he would definitely take her back, and he said that even before she started bashing him, Michael really moved on with his life, and I'm glad he experienced love with many woman who deserves him, his last girlfriend is such wonderful and loyal lady, she was lucky woman to be with him in the latest years, when many peope felt embarrassed towards him.

You hit the nail right on the head. This is exactly what annoys me about her. All the stuff she says about him now will never change all the bad stuff she said when he was alive. How do you think it made Michael feel when she said those horrible things about him? He died having heard her say those things. He's not here to hear what she's saying now.

This is not to be mean, but let's face it. No many people care about Lisa herself, they care about Elvis and Michael so that's what will be put on the cover to get people to buy it.

THIS. Imagine how awful it must've been for him to hear the woman he loved so much talking crap about him and what now? she saved the nicest things for last! when he's not even here anymore, seriously.. SMDH.

Well she did not fulfill his promise, but that's not a big deal as are exaggerating, beyond this contradiction I don't see hypocrisy in his words she basically repeated what said in interviews between 2003/2010. for example she always said that married with Michael because she was in love and that she has not seen anything to indicate that MJ was guilty when she was around which is not so far from many people who know Michael also said. "I never saw anything inappropriate" is a phrase that I read several times. (I don’t think it indicates anything other than what she saw nothing to indicate that he was guilty when she was around, but there are fans who want her to turn a lawyer lol).
and I don't know why bother with the ignorant public's perception about this ...
for examplo these words not had such an impact on the public's negative perception about allegations as the Michael's own words about he think was normal share his bed with children.
the public perception about what to him was an act of love was another
but it is necessary to make a drama because she allegedly did not defend him properly or as you guys wanted her to do because of public perception when she was leaving her children with him implies that her trusted him? -.-

anyway I think if she wants, she can talk about your ex husband as he speaks of others is her life at the end of the day. The people have a right to have an opinion about their own experiences and change your mind when you feel you should change them.

I can see that is common in the world of celebrity speak publicly about personal relationships, Michael also spoke about his personal life including his life with her in a few interviews during and after marriage not as much as she did but he spoke. even though he spoke more positively that she is the same pattern that many love to ignore.
but I don't know how spoke about Michael can make her sell more records, I think it only happens in the mind of some of Michael's fans that hate her, but in real life is insignificant ... lol is the same thing to say that the image of Michael improved after he used a little snippet with her in PHM.

I do not share the same opinion as many have and and yeah I know she said on Oprah and police records in Murray case. I hope not read the scotsman fallacy that I'm not a real fan of MJ or fan of Lisa to have the opinion that I have is a cliche very irrational.

THIS. Imagine how awful it must've been for him to hear the woman he loved so much talking crap about him and what now? she saved the nicest things for last! when he's not even here anymore, seriously.. SMDH.

yep it's much too late now. It's just like her going to his tomb privately why? He's dead he can't hear a damn thing she said.

yep it's much too late now. It's just like her going to his tomb privately why? He's dead he can't hear a damn thing she said.

I know...pretty absurd, especially when it comes to Michael. If it was someone else I couldn't care less but the man was so beaten throughout his life by so many people he loved and cared about, it just pisses me the heck off. I mean, whatever it takes to get rid of the guilt, right Lisa? :sigh:

Back