LMP on Oprah 21/10/10 All Discussion Here - UPDATE Video's Start On Page 63

Have you gained respect for Lisa after watching this interview? Do you forgive/understand her now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely hurt my heart to hear the last time they spoke, Michael tried to reach out to her and was hurt due to a lack of emotion on her end, at the time. You never know if that would've been the one thing to hold Michael together in the end, man, if only things could've been different. :(

For the most part Oprah has been very tactful during this interview.

It absolutely hurt my heart to hear the last time they spoke, Michael tried to reach out to her and was hurt due to a lack of emotion on her end, at the time. You never know if that would've been the one thing to hold Michael together in the end, man, if only things could've been different. :(

I felt so bad for him too when I heard that. Poor Michael :(.

Well I Must say I actually Have a new Found Respect for her. I know People Want to rip her to shreds. But what some people Fail To Realize is that MICHAEL JACKSON no matter how much of a King, Icon, God As Some May Think??? He was Human and not only human he was a Man A father A Son a brother And he was Loved. I can actually see how somethings could happen and could have been. But the bottom line is we will never know because we weren't there. i think She was Honest and Sincere and From the Heart

I know :(

I know...I feel so sorry for him. I wish things would be different...

she knows that, too..that's way she is so sad.

She did not say it was the last time they spoke...She said it was the last LOOOONG deep meaningful "coherently good" conversation they had.

It wasn't the last time they spoke.

Just wanted to correct that.

Last edited:
Re: LMP Back on Oprah This Thursday

So is anyone starting to reconsider their opinions on LMP?

I am kind of, I understand her more now anyway.

I'm curious about this too. Its good to see that some people are opening their minds more. I really admire the way Lisa tells the truth about everything. I just wish the interview had been longer. There felt like so much she was leaving out in terms of details.

I wish these people with these ideas in their heads about Lisa bing MJs first and only love would just stop it. Please, please stop it. It is not true. Mj would have known this without her. He knew it before and he knew it after. If people would actually do more research instead of opting to believe what they want, it would be better.

Lord! This irks me to my core.
Rant over! Sorry!

Thanks ginvid. Yes, it really really really bothers me when people keep thinking LMP was Michael's first and only love.

To me, the way LMP suggested that she was Michael's first is belittling Michael. It's very similar to Oprah's question on Michael's virginity. I'm not saying there is anything wrong not having a sexual relationship before marriage. But, people keep attempting to belittle Michael by suggesting he was not able to be sexually involved with a woman. I'm truly bothered by how so many think Lisa Marie Presley was the first woman he touched. Give me a break! LMP was not the first nor she the last.

Read Moonwalk and research, then come to your own conclusion, instead of believing what the media told you. Again, just because the relationship with LMP was the only romantic relationship Michael made public doesn't mean she was the ONLY one.

That part was so sad and heartbreaking. :cry:

Well I Must say I actually Have a new Found Respect for her. I know People Want to rip her to shreds. But what some people Fail To Realize is that MICHAEL JACKSON no matter how much of a King, Icon, God As Some May Think??? He was Human and not only human he was a Man A father A Son a brother And he was Loved. I can actually see how somethings could happen and could have been. But the bottom line is we will never know because we weren't there. i think She was Honest and Sincere and From the Heart

I'm still not a big fan of Lisa's, but the interview was good. Lisa admitted that both of them made mistakes during that marriage. Lisa was young and immature in a lot of ways and so was Michael. Michael did not have too many good examples of what a healthy relationship was. You put these two complicated, stubborn people together and there were bound to be problems.

But it's obvious to me that they both loved each other very much and contrary to previous reports, Michael did not just disappear for weeks at a time for no reason. He did so in retaliation for Lisa going on vacation with her ex-husband. Two wrongs don't make a right but at least I can understand where he was coming from now with that and Lisa herself said that Michael did give the marriage his best shot.

He tried to make it work as much as she did it seems.

I just wish things would have worked out differently for them. As Lisa said, they were still seeing each other off and on after they divorced. It seems like they wanted to make it work still, but I think MJ's heart had hardened a bit towards Lisa because she did not have children with him and that's why he never got back into a serious relationship with her again.

Either way, the interview was good overall. I'm sure both MJ and Lisa wished they had done things differently. It just sucks now that MJ isn't here any longer. There are so many things that are unresolved I think.

But I do hope Lisa can find some peace for the sake of her Husband and children.

This is just her side of things. I am not trying to be negative but I am not going to believe 100% what she says. I have not heard Michael's side and that will never happen anyways.

I'm curious about this too. Its good to see that some people are opening their minds more. I really admire the way Lisa tells the truth about everything. I just wish the interview had been longer. There felt like so much she was leaving out in terms of details.

Truth about everything? Are you serious?

May be it's time for you to open your mind more and stop believing in everything she said. The autopsy report is a good way to start.

From the reviews I've read so far, the interview was not that good. The good parts is her admitting to her faults, which she's never done before. The drug talk screams ignorance, as always, as it does when she focuses so much on her being the one to leave him and not talk to him and all that, although she did admit she wanted to be close to him at all times, in spite of everything. Michael said, in those tapes, that it was him that started to move away from her, because she hurt him so much. He wanted to be a father so badly, he wanted a family in a the true sense of the word. He loved so many so much, and wanted to extend love to as many and she wanted all his attention. He said she'd get mean around other kids and that rubbed him in a very bad way. So how can one not feel betrayed and just leave? And he returned, he found that strength, and continued to see her and sort things out. But his heart was too hurt. So, I'd rather go by what Michael says.

And this drug issue. .. People are so clueless, it hurts. Nobody really knew him or understood him. She is clueless. It's like, nobody ever takes into consideration the numerous emotional and physical pains he had to endure, and just rely themselves on their personal observations who may very well be distorted. What was the purpose of her inserting this into the discussion? And there's always this unfortunate parallel between Elvis and him, which is so completely different. Michael was a fighter - he could've died decades before, and his organs were amazingly healthy even at 50, in spite of everything he went through. But no, it's too hard for them to use their minds and do a little research at least, before going on national television. Or just plainly saying "I don't know." One word could ruin a person's reputation and hurt their souls. Only one word. And she is still doing it partly.

This is so hurtful what the children have to deal with. Watching the TV and listening to both complete strangers and people supposedly close to him talking out of ignorance and calling their father this and that. She's portraying him in a good light, in a way, but then she also portrays him as this weak, helpless being that needed saving, and that she could have saved him. ?... Nobody ever talks of how he felt the world's responsibility on his shoulders hanging so tough, yet he always managed to smile and even laugh and be strong for other people. Lisa almost never smiles. So who is the strong one? He was the most positive and strong person. And Prince, Paris and Blanket know that, and they are the pure reflection of his soul and the sheer, complete testimony of him being a true man. So none of these ignorant people's words will count in the end. None of them.

What was so strange for me to read was her admitting to having an obsession with Michael. That he was intoxicating and he was her drug and that she always felt high when around him. Like... all the discussion revolved around the word 'drug'... Who is the drug addicted one in this story? What was Michael? A drug himself? What kind of love is this? This is more like a disease that causes inner turmoil. Where is the peace here? The reason she cannot find peace is because of these dangerous associations and immature feelings. Did he deserve to be desired for like an intoxicating, addictive experience? :( I'm sure she'll always love him, because Michael is that kind of rarest kind that can't be forgotten. But loving healthy is not obsessing. She needs therapy, and I say this as kindly and selflessly as I can. If she could put others first for a change and turn to God more. I see a person that has mellowed out, but she has a long long way to go still.

Good for her if she felt she had exorcised her demons by doing this interview. Good that she admitted some wrongdoings on her part, this will lighten her load. What an amazing husband she has and 2 beautiful babies and she should focus on them from now on. She should be so grateful for being blessed with such wonders, because many don't get that chance soon, if ever.

Love you girl:wub: I drink your words I just feel the same.

I was pleased for the most part with the interview. I don't like to hear drug talk but when she said she thought he was high as a kite during the Bashir interview I was like Yup! When I saw it back then I didn't think omg, he's high but I never thought he was quite "right" during that time. It was painful for me to watch and I still haven't been able to watch it all the way through. When I watch anything from that time I think he's not right. From his looks to his speech he just wasn't the same.

I don't think he abused drugs regularly and I know there weren't any found in his system when he died but I do believe he over used drugs at difficult times in his life. I think he depended on them to get him through things instead of feeling the hurt.

I'm happy that Lisa was more calm and coherent for this interview. She wasn't defensive like in the past. At least people heard in a sincere way that the relationship was real.
Too bad they were both so stubborn.

In all I think she came across well and except for the drug talk MJ came off well too. I wish there was more and Oprah didn't cut her off when she was trying to explain something.

Last edited:

Thanks ginvid. Yes, it really really really bothers me when people keep thinking LMP was Michael's first and only love.

To me, the way LMP suggested that she was Michael's first is belittling Michael. It's very similar to Oprah's question on Michael's virginity. I'm not saying there is anything wrong not having a sexual relationship before marriage. But, people keep attempting to belittle Michael by suggesting he was not able to be sexually involved with a woman. I'm truly bothered by how so many think Lisa Marie Presley was the first woman he touched. Give me a break! LMP was not the first nor she the last.

Read Moonwalk and research, then come to your own conclusion, instead of believing what the media told you. Again, just because the relationship with LMP was the only romantic relationship Michael made public doesn't mean she was the ONLY one.

Agree, but he married her :) She was the first one

I was pleased for the most part with the interview. I don't like to hear drug talk but when she said she thought he was high as a kite during the Bashier interview I was like Yup! When I saw it I didn't think omg, he's high but I never thought he was quite "right" during that time. It was painful for me to watch and I still haven't been able to watch it all the way through. When I watch anything from that time I think he's not right. From his looks to his speech he just wasn't the same.

I don't think he abused drugs regularly and I know there weren't any found in his system when he died but I do believe he over used drugs at difficult times in his life. I think he depended on them to get him through things instead of feeling the hurt.

I'm happy that Lisa was more calm and coherent for this interview. She wasn't defensive like in the past. At least people heard in a sincere way that the relationship was real.
Too bad they were both so stubborn.

In all I think she came across well and except for the drug talk MJ came off well too. I wish there was more and Oprah didn't cut her off when she was trying to explain something.

I agree with your entire post & that's how I see it as well. I think they both loved each other and I can understand that Lisa got fed up at some point and left. It's sad to know Michael still loved her....and was hurt by her indifference in 2005, but I understand that she made a choice to move on.

We must not forget that this is Lisa's side of the story. She doesn't know what was inside Michael's mind......and neither do we. She's just telling us what she saw, heard and experienced. In a way, she's helping us by painting a picture of what their marriage was like. She could have chosen to stay silent and we would never have known.

Coming from a similar situation I understand how it feels to constantly want to help someone, take care of someone and to keep reaching out only to be pushed away and hit a wall. It hurts to have to keep trying to get someone to open up to you when they have learned to push people away when they are hurting. So yeah.....I can't blame Lisa. It's sad, though. They made a nice couple.

Last edited:
sorry, i find it hard to believe anything that comes out of this woman's mouth.

Very good interview, and she was quite honest about it all. However...they really make MJ sound like a drug addict in this interview, but if they had properly read the autopsy report they had known there wasn't any drugs found. They are talking about him as if he was abusing drugs all the time, and i highly doubt that. But for the most part this interview was surprising and i bet alot of HATERS and ignorant mothasnuggas out there will be like 'WTF!!!!' cause in their little minds this is not possible. Michael actually having had a true relationship and everything in it...i know LOTS of people who would never believe that. I know plenty of simple minds (whether on forums or personally) who say 'MJ and women? Nah, i just don't see that' .

Good that at the beginining of the interview she said she was very barky in her previous interview, lots of bad words, so she admits to that, which is a good thing. Peolpe can change, and realize how wrong they were. I believe her.

Well you all said what bothers me too.

Some people want to see their story as some sort of "tragic love story", when like I said before it's all nice and dandy what's she's saying but let's not forgot what Michael himself said about the situation.
Not only that, he's not here to tell his side so eventhough it might be nice/sweet/dreamy hearing what she's saying it still doesn't mean everything she says is the way it actually went.
A good example would be how she told that hospital story which can be proven to be not the truth.

Did it change my opinion about her? No, I never hated her nor do I love her. Honestly I'm indifferent to her because I don't see her as his "only true love". Just someone who at one point he was married to. For the same reasons as stated above in the other posts.
I hope people will not fall for that and get carried away with it. But I guess some people only want to see what they want to see (I wouldn't be surprised if that goes for LMP herself as well)

Honestly, I hope she will finally move on with her life and let the subject go.
Still think the rest of the world didn't need this interview and I would have gained respect for her if she hadn't said anything. Nothing more, nothing less.

Truth about everything? Are you serious?

May be it's time for you to open your mind more and stop believing in everything she said. The autopsy report is a good way to start.

Maybe you should open your mind. An autopsy report is not going to show mirajuana use/etc from a decade before. She didn't say he was into cocaine or anything like that. Stop being so naive, he was not a saint. None of us are saints. Its known at one point he was addicted to the pain meds, but yet that wans't in the autopsy either.

This is just her side of things. I am not trying to be negative but I am not going to believe 100% what she says. I have not heard Michael's side and that will never happen anyways.

Excellent point that should be kept in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back