"Lovin' you" - what do you think?

Have the song on repeat, it's quite sexy this one eh? Slightly repetitive towards the end, but its a good track. Any background on this track? When was it recorded? It sounds like a later track to me

Lovin' You was originally produced by Michael in his Encino home studio during the BAD sessions (around '84-87).

According to the Billboard article about Xscape, Lovin' You was done for the Bad sessions at Michael's Encino studios with Matt Forger, if I'm not mistaken. I'd assume it was recorded around 1986 and early 1987.

Sounds like it's been processed a bit. Took a few listens to "burn in". When I heard the snippet I didn't think it sounded much like MJ.

I think the piano might be part of the original track, as is the woodblock (a bit like Fly Away, Don't Walk Away or Someone Put Your Hand Out)

is it Best of Joy 2.0?

Much better. Could listen to it all day long!
Some times I don't understand Michaels song-choices for his albums :D

Such a perfect little love song!
Great production. Perfect mastering. Nice Vocals. There is nothing you can complain about!

"Lovin you!" :)

Last edited:
It sounds very 80s-like, but I like it. If all he wants to do is stay in bed and "Loving (you)!", that´s fine with me ;)

great song, it's too short for my taste lol.

also again no 'heehees' or other shouts in the song.

“Loving you” reminds me of “Break of Dawn”.

Love it love it!! Now how do I get the file from Facebook onto my computer? :scratch:

If the Estate wanted to release a love song as first single, Lovin' You should had been the one. It has a stronger performance, stronger lyrics and music. I definitely love it better than Chicago, it's quite pleasent to listen.

The song just keeps getting better and better. - More and more musical details reveals with each listen!!

This song truely is amazing! - Maybe even the best of the 3 songs we've had so far!!

I really like it very much!

Did someone here seriously suggest that there was vocal processing on this song?

I'm sorry, but some people don't know what they're talking about. Chicago, I can see the argument on that song, but anyone can tell that Michael's vocal track is clear on this track.

I agree, it really sounds like Michael's real singing voice without any effect (auto tune, melodyne, etc.) I can't wait to listen to the original, I wonder how much it differs from this one and if that piano was originally present. It's gorgeous, I truly LOVE it! :girl_love:

Great tune indeed!
could have great chart success if released as a single
one could mistake this song as being from the Thriller sessions.
fun tune all around, can't wait for the album!

Did someone here seriously suggest that there was vocal processing on this song?

I'm sorry, but some people don't know what they're talking about. Chicago, I can see the argument on that song, but anyone can tell that Michael's vocal track is clear on this track.
Are you serious, man? The vocals are HEAVILY processed on this song, I have no idea what kind of equipment you are using. It shouldn't even matter. Try bumping the volume up a bit.

And no one eve dare to come at me saying I am just complaining about this song. I want to wait to share my opinion on it, but had to comment the above. I love the song itself.

His voice sounds great!

The vocals are ACE !!

If the Estate wanted to release a love song as first single, Lovin' You should had been the one. It has a stronger performance, stronger lyrics and music. I definitely love it better than Chicago, it's quite pleasent to listen.

Agreed. This is undoubtedly the stronger song. This sounds like something that would come from Ne-Yo or someone like that, real potential.

Are you serious, man? The vocals are HEAVILY processed on this song, I have no idea what kind of equipment you are using. It shouldn't even matter. Try bumping the volume up a bit.

And no one eve dare to come at me saying I am just complaining about this song. I want to wait to share my opinion on it, but had to comment the above. I love the song itself.

I've played it over my computer speakers. Over my Skullcandy headphnes. Over my friend's Beats. In varying volumes, ranging from blasting to quiet. And there isn't anything on it. I don't know what you're hearing but the vocal here is clean.

I'm glad you enjoy the song, but I don't hear what you hear.

I've played it over my computer speakers. Over my Skullcandy headphnes. Over my friend's Beats. In varying volumes, ranging from blasting to quiet. And there isn't anything on it. I don't know what you're hearing but the vocal here is clean.

I'm glad you enjoy the song, but I don't hear what you hear.
Then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you just can't hear it - like Hess mentioned he couldn't hear any "hiss" or other "artifacts" in the LNFSG mix when it's clearly there.

https://app.box.com/s/axrmclh5afkmatyn59nt Listen - and I included a tiny snippet of I'm So Blue to show what "clean" is.

The vocals are still "clean" you say?

Everyone's an audio engineer since 'Michael'..... Seriously though, a few filters aside, there's very little done to the vocal track.

Something to keep in mind, the source material could be anything from 8 track to digital on all of these demos, that's going to have a massive effect on the audio quality.

Back