"Lovin' you" - what do you think?

I'm usually a fan of MJ's edgier/angrier songs, but I keep coming back to "Loving You" on Xscape. Timbaland did a masterful job contemporizing the song and Michael has some amazing timeless vocals.

It's really exciting that a track that was pretty much unknown before the Xscape project is so strong, both the contemporized version and the original demo. It gives me great hope for other future treasures from the vault.

This is truly a great song. The modernized version fits perfectly, and is something I could see MJ releasing. It has his vibe to it still. It's my favorite song on the album. So happy we have this.

I guess it's really great:wub: very tender, very sensitive and very light:)

I really surprised myself when listening to 'Lovin You ' because like some other members have mentioned, I don't really warm towards ' love songs ' as such either. Much of that just doesn't catch my attention. But This song,
In both its forms, really appealed to me too.

It's really sublime. The lyrics, his vocals the melody. Just beautiful. I wonder how many more there are that we have never known about. Both Chicago and Loving were total unexpected treasures!:D

I have the demo version on repeat right now, lost in it (including that cute throat clearing and/or snorting thing he did)! Both versions are addicting, but the original, airy-sounding demo version is my favorite. The harmonies are hypnotizing and those harp sounds just makes my heart skip beats, LOL!

I had to :lol: when someone posted the demo sounds like the theme song to an 80's sitcom, because it DOES. I love the 80's and this song takes me back. :girl_dance:

LOVE this song, the demo is my fav on the entire album!

I kinda curious tho about some of the lyrics:

It seems you don't know we reached the hightened mountain
Every time I seem to disappear
And together, we will fly, we'll dance up in the heaven
I can really feel it when you're near

Is he talking about feeling when she is physically near to him in a literal sense, or is he alluding to something else? Maybe I'm reading too much into it lol

I'm obsessed with this song. I have been trying to decide whether this is my favorite MJ song or Speechless. I literally can't get enough of it :wub:

What auto-tune? There is none on the whole album.

Huh? If you filter APWNN you can hear a duplicate of MJ's voice, which is auto-tuned.
And i'm pretty sure STTR is also auto-tuned.
......Or was it just Melodyne?

Huh? If you filter APWNN you can hear a duplicate of MJ's voice, which is auto-tuned.
And i'm pretty sure STTR is also auto-tuned.
......Or was it just Melodyne?

"Auto-tune" is a programm that was originally created to be used for live performances... hence the "auto". When the singer is singing exteremly against the key of the song or doing other wild things it gives this very audible crazy effect. None of that can be found on Xscape.

For work in the studio when its about "repairing" a singers voice, who didn't hit the right key at parts, a programm called Melodyne is used. Usually, if the key / singing notes are not changed dramaticly this is not audible. Especially not to untrained ears.

Not sure how you "filter" APWNN to hear something like this.
but there is no such effect used on the whole album in a way that it's meant to be heard.

There is a bit of vocal processing done on every song (filters, EQing etc) of course, but nothing dramatic...

Last edited:
I am loving it too so much. It is simple and sweet but not sappy and yet soulful and sophisticated. Just perfect. His voice is gorgeous sigh. :wub:

I actually like the new version the most. - Still my favorite of the album!

His voice is just so sweet in this track, when he sings harmonies and background vocals in his tracks, some sort of magic happens, love his voice soo much :) U defnitely cant feel bad when Mj sings " I'll be loving you" :)

Back