Madonna collapses on stage OMG

Face it. She hasn't really been burning up the charts lately. Show me some statistics on how well her music is selling NOW, and I'll go along with it.
Michael hasn't been burning up the charts for the last dozen or so years of his life either. The Rolling Stones haven't had a hit in years....It doesn't matter. Their cv looks so impressive that they are superstars for life and beyond.

Face it. She hasn't really been burning up the charts lately. Show me some statistics on how well her music is selling NOW, and I'll go along with it.

I could be nasty about this uninformed and arrogant statement but I won't. I'll stick to the facts.

Not only did Madonna just complete a history making tour, but her single "4 Minutes" was a worldwide smash hit selling over 4 million copies alone. Hard Candy, the album, is STILL in the top 10 best sellers worldwide having sold 3.2 million copies. No, that doesn't seem like a lot but that is the current state of music. Madonna has a very strong worldwide fan base and that's what has made her so successful and the Queen of Pop. If you don't like her, fine, but please don't make yourself look silly by snide and completely inaccurate remarks.

P.S. This is super humorous coming from an MJ fan who should be sensitive to such remarks about sales, relevance, etc... Pot. Kettle. Black.

I could be nasty about this uninformed and arrogant statement but I won't. I'll stick to the facts.

Not only did Madonna just complete a history making tour, but her single "4 Minutes" was a worldwide smash hit selling over 4 million copies alone. Hard Candy, the album, is STILL in the top 10 best sellers worldwide having sold 3.2 million copies. No, that doesn't seem like a lot but that is the current state of music. Madonna has a very strong worldwide fan base and that's what has made her so successful and the Queen of Pop. If you don't like her, fine, but please don't make yourself look silly by snide and completely inaccurate remarks.

P.S. This is super humorous coming from an MJ fan who should be sensitive to such remarks about sales, relevance, etc... Pot. Kettle. Black.

Jona, don't worry about what some say we all know that Madonna is an ICON for the ages. I agree as MJ fans we shouldn't be bashing NO artist, thank GOD she's still here to perform brilliantly with tears in my eyes I'd love for Michael to be HERE and not being going 6 feet or more under today.

Sorta like that horrible picture from awhile back that she said was photoshopped where her arms look so terrible.
1213ayr.jpg

The HIStory Tour had an attendance of 4.4 million without visiting the US mainland or Canada. Was Madge's tour more successful than that? You mention Madonna's sales of "3.2 million copies" being a success. It amazes me that people (not you Jona) consider Invincible a flop when it has sold 10 million units and did so with no tour and only one real single, YRMW.

The photo is a fake. Seems the media is intent on bringing Madonna down by any means. Yes, she's buff but she's not unhealthy or fainting. I'm afraid it's going to get worse since the worlds favorite punching bag is gone. It's all so sad. Why must people lie and manipulate?

madonna.jpg

The HIStory Tour had an attendance of 4.4 million without visiting the US mainland or Canada. Was Madge's tour more successful than that? You mention Madonna's sales of "3.2 million copies" being a success. It amazes me that people (not you Jona) consider Invincible a flop when it has sold 10 million units and did so with no tour and only one real single, YRMW.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but it was a different time back then. Invincible wasn't a flop for it's time whatsoever but today selling that amount is MUCH different than 10 years ago. Sales are in the crapper for most every artist so selling 3-4 million of an album is much much different than 2001 (when Madonna was selling 14 million an album). The music business is literally dieing.

As for the tour, I think they are not talking about attendance but rather gross. Madonna did indeed break attendance records the world over but again I can understand what you're saying. It's not really something worth arguing. It's a great achievement for Madonna or any artist to have. It really goes to show what a great entertainer she is that despite our economy and ticket prices, people still came to see her.

Last edited:
Back