Making Michael: Inside the Career of Michael Jackson (Excerpts on page 19)

Re: Making Michael: Inside the Career of Michael Jackson

It's just some fans extreme negativity towards MJ why they are focusing on the same few stories (and that over and over again!) to be able to say something negative about MJ and keep bashing him about something (eg. not giving credit to Brad Buxer) - apparently you have to do that to not to look like a "stan". LOL.

Exactly. It seems like some fans think you have to believe some negative things about Michael - no matter how unproven or unrealistic - in order to be seen as 'balanced' and 'objective'. That never made any sense to me. You're not being objective if your first instinct is to assume negative stories about Michael are true even though there is no evidence to support them and we don't hear Michael's side of the story. You're not objective if you're reading a book "hoping it would have explored more of MJ's darker side" - again without Michael there to defend himself. You may be balanced, yes, but maintaining a balance between wrong and right, unproven allegations and proven facts, is not a good thing. I'd much rather be biased in favour of the truth and it just so happens that the truth tends to be on Michael's side.

Last edited:

^ Here you are again trying to start something, Psychoniff. And that in a very cowardly way too. By taking someone else's rather controversial opinion about MJ from another board and hiding behind it. Didn't you already try this trick once when it backfired because that fan from another board actually popped up here and was rather not amused that his opinions that he posted on another board were re-posted by you here without his consent?

This is unfair to him and unfair to us, because 1) we are unable to reply to him directly, 2) he did not post this on this board and to us. And it is extreme cowardiance on your part because you obviously constantly try subtle or not so subtle trolling on this board, but instead of being open about your apparently negative views about MJ you are hiding behind someone else's opinion - someone who is not even on this board. Why don't you post your own review of the book instead? You only mentioned small snippets - typically taking the negative bits and pieces out of context, as usual from you.

I am reading this book now and I am at Thriller. So far I haven't seen anything negative, although nothing really new either. If you read Moonwalk and you read articles about MJ's art and music, you have probably heard most of the stories - at least so far. Probably the more interesting part will be after Bad, hopefully there will be some new and interesting info there and when I am finished I will give a review. But those who seem to want to focus on the negative keep bringing up the same few stories - which tells me that actually there are few very negative stories in it. It's just some fans extreme negativity towards MJ why they are focusing on the same few stories (and that over and over again!) to be able to say something negative about MJ and keep bashing him about something (eg. not giving credit to Brad Buxer) - apparently you have to do that to not to look like a "stan". LOL.

You're comment is the reason why many non-fans can't have genuine discussions about MJ honestly. Why must we always praise MJ without bringing up the less so great things about him? Why get butthurt?

You've not once addressed the person's review. You danced around the contents of the review without dispelling any of it's facts.
All you just did was moan about how 'negative' it came across.

Exactly. It seems like some fans think you have to believe some negative things about Michael - no matter how unproven or unrealistic - in order to be seen as 'balanced' and 'objective'. That never made any sense to me. You're not being objective if your first instinct is to assume negative stories about Michael are true even though there is no evidence to support them and we don't hear Michael's side of the story. You're not objective if you're reading a book "hoping it would have explored more of MJ's darker side" - again without Michael there to defend himself. You may be balanced, yes, but maintaining a balance between wrong and right, unproven allegations and proven facts, is not a good thing. I'd much rather be biased in favour of the truth and it just so happens that the truth tends to be on Michael's side.

It maybe NEGATIVE, but it's the truth. Why do MJ's fans always harp on about a facts relating to MJ that is not so flattering?

You're comment is the reason why many non-fans can't have genuine discussions about MJ honestly. Why must we always praise MJ without bringing up the less so great things about him? Why get butthurt?

You've not once addressed the person's review. You danced around the contents of the review without dispelling any of it's facts.

No one said one must always praise MJ. I addressed your dishonest trolling tactics - and I am not the only one who noticed them on this board through several threads.

And I don't have to address a review that wasn't intended to be posted on this board and on this forum. Like I said it is unfair to us and unfair to the one who wrote it because there is no discussion between the parties here. You just posted something from another board here in order to start a fight AGAIN and instead of facing criticism yourself to hide behind someone else's opinion.

Are calling yourself non MJ fan in MJ fan board?

You seem to be butt hurt because (according to yourself) real Michael was killed and replacement took over and made MJ global icon, and you don't like people say anything nice about replacement Michael:D

Only time you have anything nice to say about MJ is when you talk about pre-Thriller MJ (real MJ, not replacement MJ that took over after Thriller):D

It maybe NEGATIVE, but it's the truth. Why do MJ's fans always harp on about a facts relating to MJ that is not so flattering?

How do you know it is the truth? You keep going on about the same small negetaive snippets in the book over and over again (that have been already discussed to death in this thread) while you never mention the many positive ones. You also failed to mention opposing opinions in the book that balance out and contradict the negative ones. Is that your way of maintaining a balanced and fair view on things or is it just about you trying to troll this forum?

Are calling yourself non MJ fan in MJ fan board?

You seem to be butt hurt because (according to yourself) real Michael was killed and replacement took over and made MJ global icon, and you don't like people say anything nice about replacement Michael:D

Is that really what he believes? Did he say it somewhere? Oh my god. :doh:

Is he the next Tygger looking for conflicts in almost every thread he posts and feeling butthurt if people challenge HIS OPINION?

The difference with her is that Psychoniff is an attention whoring troll! I wonder why he's still here causing disruption.

26dadae6198bc917805c2906f04797bb.jpg

I wish psychoniff would stop browsing a forum he's been banned from repeatedly through various different accounts and taking other people's posts. He's nothing but a troll honestly. His behaviour on Maxjax confirms it.

How do you know it is the truth? You keep going on about the same small negetaive snippets in the book over and over again (that have been already discussed to death in this thread) while you never mention the many positive ones. You also failed to mention opposing opinions in the book that balance out and contradict the negative ones. Is that your way of maintaining a balanced and fair view on things or is it just about you trying to troll this forum?

I've said tons and tons of positive things about MJ. That's an incredibly dishonest thing to say, when you've frequented this board daily and seen me comment positively.

I wish psychoniff would stop browsing a forum he's been banned from repeatedly through various different accounts and taking other people's posts. He's nothing but a troll honestly. His behaviour on Maxjax confirms it.

That's rich coming from you, not so SmoothGangsta. By the way I don't like salted porridge, I think that's repulsive....yuck!!

That's rich coming from you, not so SmoothGangsta. By the way I don't like salted porridge, I think that's repulsive....yuck!!

What does that even mean? Please elaborate on why it's rich coming from me. As i recall I've never said anything to you without you being a total ass first. Please think before you say things, you're just gonna make yourself look stupid, as if you're not doing that enough already with your behaviour. I don't like salted porridge either, your attempts at humour are laughable in of themselves.

Last edited:

I don't understand why if we criticize something or ask questions about the book, we are just accused of being Stans. What is that anyway?
A crazy obsessed fan?

Take Buxer for example. He says he wrote the song but Michael didn't give him credit. My first question is why?? That side is not in the book? Buxer didn't even ask him?
Are we just supposed to derive our own conclusions?

I've said tons and tons of positive things about MJ. That's an incredibly dishonest thing to say, when you've frequented this board daily and seen me comment positively.

I talked about this book specifically and you know it (unless you can't understand context). You go on about the same negative snippets over and over and over again, but you never mentioned the positive things in the book and the parts which actually contradict and balance out the negative ones.

Otherwise, you do say positive things of MJ on this forum sometimes (usually of early days MJ) but your trolling by far outweighs that IMO.

This was just another example of the many. You take a controversial comment from a forum where you are banned and post it here? Really? What is your agenda? To start a war between members of the two forums? If that person had wanted to post his opinion here he would have. If we wanted to read opinions of members of that forum we'd go there. As simple as that. You are only posting such things to start mess but without the responsibility of you yourself voicing that opinion. It's cowardly to hide behind someone else's opinion.

Last edited:

What does that even mean? Please elaborate on why it's rich coming from me. As i recall I've never said anything to you without you being a total ass first. Please think before you say things, you're just gonna make yourself look stupid, as if you're not doing that enough already with your behaviour. I don't like salted porridge either, your attempts at humour are laughable in of themselves.

Meaning you accused me of trolling when you've bee the one to troll endlessly.

I don't understand why if we criticize something or ask questions about the book, we are just accused of being Stans. What is that anyway?
A crazy obsessed fan?

Take Buxer for example. He says he wrote the song but Michael didn't give him credit. My first question is why?? That side is not in the book? Buxer didn't even ask him?
Are we just supposed to derive our own conclusions?

MJ didn't come up with the chords, those were Buxer's doing. How can you be this naive Barbee? You know full well he wasn't going to give him credit. No mistake or misunderstanding there. MJ was naive, but only in the non-music career sense. He knew full well what he was doing when it came to his career choices and decisions.

I talked about this book specifically and you know it (unless you can't understand context). You go on about the same negative snippets over and over and over again, but you never mentioned the positive things in the book and the parts which actually contradict and balance out the negative ones.

Otherwise, you do say positive things of MJ on this forum sometimes (usually of early days MJ) but your trolling by far outweighs that IMO.

This was just another example of the many. You take a controversial comment from a forum where you are banned and post it here? Really? What is your agenda? To start a war between members of the two forums? If that person had wanted to post his opinion here he would have. If we wanted to read opinions of members of that forum we'd go there. As simple as that. You are only posting such things to start mess but without the responsibility of you yourself voicing that opinion. It's cowardly to hide behind someone else's opinion.

"I have a right to my opinion/and feeling we'd be better off a frieeennnds"

Why can't you just except that the book was not a Spike Lee documentary? The author wanted an honest and accurate portrayal of MJ during the "Making of Michael" so to speak.

"I have a right to my opinion/and feeling we'd be better off a frieeennnds"

Except it was not your opinion, but you were hiding behind someone else's to start mess (not the first time).

Why can't you just except that the book was not a Spike Lee documentary? The author wanted an honest and accurate portrayal of MJ during the "Making of Michael" so to speak.

You are being deliberately obtuse, aren't you?

IDK about anyone else but when I hear negative stuff about MJ my first reaction is always to not believe it at all simply because I know how people love to make stuff up about MJ.

It's a case of the boy who cried wolf for me.
Most of the time I'm right, and whatever the off the wall statement was (pun intended) turns out to be just about as truthful as Pinocchio.

Meaning you accused me of trolling when you've bee the one to troll endlessly.

Did you not just read what I said, think about what you say before you type it. You're just making stuff up because you have nothing to say. You do realise just because people here didn't see what you did on Maxjax doesn't mean they can't see you're a troll? You like insulting people, making new accounts and posting graphic images in threads.

Last edited:

^Listen buddy, don't make lying statements about me when you don't know you hell I am. I don't know nothing about no MAXjax.

^Listen buddy, don't make lying statements about me when you don't know you hell I am. I don't know nothing about no MAXjax.

Hahaha you're such an ass. Nobody on here believes a word you say dude. You're a troll, and I don't know why you haven't been banned. Now that I think about it, you'd probably try to make another account, seeing as you've been banned on Maxjax like 6 times. You still read stuff over there too, it shows in the fact you steal thread ideas and post them on here, sometimes just copied and pasted completely.

Psycho by name, psycho by nature!

Why don't people ignore the troll. I can't understand why he hasn't been banned yet, even though I know he'll be back under a different identity before too long.

I don't give a damn who you are and what you've done in other forums, I was never active on maxjax. You deliberately want to piss people off here causing petty drama and conflict, that's what trolls do. Your life must be sad to want to be a troll. Is it so hard to be civil and getting over not all people will agree with you?

MJ didn't come up with the chords, those were Buxer's doing. How can you be this naive Barbee? You know full well he wasn't going to give him credit. No mistake or misunderstanding there. MJ was naive, but only in the non-music career sense. He knew full well what he was doing when it came to his career choices and decisions.
Well, I was asking a logical question I thought and trying not to be naive. Don't think Michael was as naive as he sometimes seemed either. Not with this.
But there's no explanation I gather and you had to jump to your own conclusion. Michael was being a jerk that day, and decided just creating chords was nothing. Or he was power hungry and greedy and wanted this great song for himself. Or he felt like if he hadn't been singing to Brad, there would be no song?
I just find it hard to believe that Brad wouldn't have had a fit over not having songwriting credits.

Last edited:

^ It's not even the leading chords he's talking about but little part at the beginning (the part you can hear on the Sonic soundtrack) which is a few seconds sample in loops before MJ starts singing.

And we don't have any proof Brad came up with it all by himself or it came up when he and MJ were brainstorming.

Well, I was asking a logical question I thought and trying not to be naive. Don't think Michael was as naive as he sometimes seemed either. Not with this.
But there's no explanation I gather and you had to jump to your own conclusion. Michael was being a jerk that day, and decided just creating chords was nothing. Or he was power hungry and greedy and wanted this great song for himself. Or he felt like if he hadn't been singing to Brad, there would be no song?
I just find it hard to believe that Brad wouldn't have had a fit over not having songwriting credits.

Well why do you think he parted ways with Quincy?

He chose his collaborator wisely foe his own self/selfish interests, the ones he knew would be pushovers and that he could manipulate and twist around his little fingers.

Well why do you think he parted ways with Quincy?

He chose his collaborator wisely foe his own self/selfish interests, the ones he knew would be pushovers and that he could manipulate and twist around his little fingers.
so he learned all this selfish behavior from Q when Q refused him co-production credit?
'Study the greats..."
Haha. That's my boy!!! :)

I'm just being a little sarcastic.

Back