Maximum - Jackson closed by domain owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the site because I kept being trolled, talked to in a condescending tone and half the time the forum would be down. I know there were a lot of great people there, and a lot of the same people that are here, but moderation was different or something. They also did some unnecessary "silencing" of certain members, in my opinion.

I'm not going to say good riddance because I have respect for Michael Jackson communities. I think being associated with MJ they automatically have a lot of heart to them. They are made up of his fans and love for the man and each other, usually. It's always nicer to see something succeed than fail, so it is sad that it couldn't be worked out.

I actually hope that PG gets it all back and the team is stronger and better and has grown from the experience to create a more stable, professional Max-Jax.

Welcome to MJJCommunism

I support the initial founder to close the forum too, because I don't see any reason why any other founder would open or maintain a MJ forum in order to:

-bash Michael (who gave life for his art, for us, without whom that forum wouldn't have existed)
-bash MJ fans (who aren't founders' targets who would take it out on some of them ventig their anger and arrogance)
-ban MJ's fans for life for the slightest disagreement (without whom, that forum wouldn't have existed either)
-calling out names other websites, such as this one "MJJCommunism", despite the fact that this site is fully dedicated, 100%, to Michael Jackson. It just proves how low and disrespectful some people have become.

I really do feel sorry for the legal owner of that forum that the things heavily changed from his vision of the website, but I have no regrets whatsoever to see it shut down with current unsolved issues and total lack of understanding or diplomacy towards MJ fans.

The only thing that could work maybe for the initial founder is to get rid of disrespectful co-founders and replace them with more efficient and more respectful ones.
Some burning must be done, only then the phoenix will acquire the ability to be reborn from its own ashes.

i will say something...i have always loved Max Jax and considered it one of the best because of the great music discussion there.....even if you disagree with what some members there were doing,that wouldn't make us deny how great is the forum.....

Re: maximum - jackson closed? / founders say not true

who knows ? Seems someone with authority closed it .. some kind of infighting with one of the founders.

Its such a shame to see so much fighting going on within the mj fan community, wish it was b4 june 2009 when everything was ok :(

Good Riddance. I've only been on there once.....when there was a fake poster claiming to be Suleman confirming he's working with MJ :D

i don't know what to say..the only i could say is anytime an MJ forum closed my heart breaks.it's like with by the leaving it's leaving a piece of Michael.It's so sad

Some of you said it was a nice forum before 25.6 2009.
Michael"s unbelivable, tragic death should have been a reason more to honour him and defend him. We ( true fans ) are the only ones doing that. I had a lot of arguments there , exactly for doing that....defending Michael"s dignity. I never expected something like that on a MJ forum...never. Sometimes I could not believe my eyes. Being objective is one thing , but being judgemental is different. Like I said once - knowing does not mean understanding. Knowing when a certaing song is released does not make one a MJ fan. For me..it takes a lot more than that. Oh...I could go on and on. Some really interesting things were happening there.
I will not be rude or call names but I will write about it.

lol, I was there for one day too and they banned me for no reason at all.
I asked for an explanation but they never gave me one.
Oh well... :)

I had joined Max-Jax long time ago, I can't even remember the exact date, but I never posted anything. From the moment I started posting, I got banned for few days without explanation. When I wanted to reach them by re-creating another profile to understand why I was banned, I got banned for life. Despite all friendly attempts to get back to that forum via e-mail and some other respectable members who could vouch for me, they simply ignored it and denied access as if I were some kind of enemy or threat. The excuse was that they couldn't break the rules by accepting me back, while Pompous Git was insulting members daily and therefore was breaking the rules in a much worse way than many of the memebers who were banned for life.

It is really sad to say this, but what we are witnessing is the result of bad management of some of the founders, and this outcome of closing it down is just a boomerang effect of the attempt of greed for power over a forum where only who think alike were welcome, and all others considered as trash forgetting that we are all MJ fans, and above all, human beings.

I really hope the legal founder gets the website back, but without associating himself with seemingly some greedy, arrogant and incompetent people for the sake of Michael Jackson and all of us.

Together we are stronger. Any moderator or founder who forgets that his primary role is to moderate the forum and not to exercise his power to divide us, silence us, ban us for defending MJ, standing up for him and his art in general, should remain just what they are, nothing else but regular members as all of us who wouldn't be able to cause such a damage to a MJ forum.

[youtube]IC8qPpnD0uE[/youtube]

The only thing that could work maybe for the initial founder is to get rid of disrespectful co-founders and replace them with more efficient and more respectful ones.

Yeah, he should return... but only without "****" and "****".

Right now ***** is paying for ban and attack MJ fans. He has to learn from MJJC or MJhideout mods.

God bless you Greg and thank to you for end this madness.

Although it is sad to see forums keep closing like this, I never did feel at home there.

MJJC will always be my MJ home :heart:

It takes a great team to make a forum work, When I was on the staff team we never had any issues with each other.. it's got to be that way for it to work.

Go team MJJC :D Love you guys xx

I can't log into my old account here, I must of forgotten the password. Apologies for the double account, Gaz.

For those of you who don't know, this is Chell. I was one of the six Founders of MaxJax who shared the same vision as Greg with creating an MJ community. I didn't like people saying they'd be lost without MJNO, and this is where MaxJax began to.. develop, lets say.

The first two to three months into our new MJ community, I wasn't happy with who we 'allowed' to be in charge. At first, I kept that to myself but I think in many of our admin discussions, it showed. Gradually, I got so boiled up with the way our members were being treated by some of our 'team members' and the overall "I'm right, you're always wrong" attitude that I decided to step down from all control over the board. I didn't want to cause any drama with it, so I had somewhat of an excuse to leave quietly after Michael had passed. I told Greg to leave me out of the decision making from now on with anything regarding MaxJax, and didn't disclose anything else on it.

I'm saying this here now only to make people understand Greg's decision a little better. MaxJax, as it's been in the last year or so, was NOT how we made it to be. It strayed way too far from the direction we wanted it to go into. I only found out in the last couple of weeks just exactly what it had become, and it saddened me very much, no matter how I tried to hide that. I may of stepped down from my duties, but MaxJax has and always will be a part of something I helped to create. I can only apologies to all of you who were wronged on our forum. I'm sincerely sorry. It wasn't made to be that kind of place.

So, when I was approached about the idea of the forum closing down, I agreed without hesitation. Though it's continued existence wouldn't directly effect me in anyway, it had changed too much for me to want it to carry on.

I can only hope you guys won't be mad at us or agree with Greg 'not being a man' - quite the opposite, actually. I also hope that Michael can forgive me for MaxJax having to come to this end.

- Chell

Yeah, he should return... but only without "****" and "****".

Right now **** is paying for ban and attack Mj fans. He has to learn from MJJC or MJhideout mods.

God bless you Greg and thank to you for end this madness.

aDD to that a person called "****" and we are complete. THIS peson made the topix haters seen like Michael Jackson fans. i don't know that his or her problem was but he surelly wasn't on Maximum to contine Michael's legacy in a possitive way. very negative peson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, because I am new, but I'm reading, and my English isn't really good.

But I think, if a website is run by many people, how can one person close it? Maybe it's not fair? They should talk about it. I am trying to understand how it has happened. The domain owner closed a website but doesn't ask permission? I'm sorry, maybe it seems to me, this is a little too rude. Because of technology they can do it. But why not talk about it? We should always work together. That's what is unfair. Maybe we disagree sometimes, but we can always find a success together. Talking to each other is #1 way to success! But they didn't talk at all? Just like boom, magic surprise! It's gone!

So I think it's unfair. How about "okay, this is what I want to do, can we talk?" Not "I will make it happen." Work together for peace, it's the only way...

aDD to that a person called "*****" and we are complete.THIS peson made the topix haters seen like Michael Jackson fans.i don't know that his or her problem was but he surelly wasn't on Maximum to contine Michael's legacy in a possitive way. very negative peson.
I have to say that there were really nice people like Damien shields who was a pure diamond. :wub:

Last edited:
Want you guys to know that MaxJax banned me for posting a picture of the Michael album cover photoshopped with some Jason Malachi in it.

That's right. Banned me for that. Forever.

Want you guys to know that MaxJax banned me for posting a picture of the Michael album cover photoshopped with some Jason Malachi in it.

I would ban you even without that :D

Kidding ;-)

Pentum;3588438 said:

Sorry to hear that but I lol'd :lol:

BUMPER SNIPPET;3588382 said:
The excuse was that they couldn't break the rules by accepting me back, while ***** was insulting members daily and therefore was breaking the rules in a much worse way than many of the memebers who were banned for life.

Wow, amazing excuse they gave you.

The funny thing is that I read carefully all the rules before I post anything. And all I did was defend and agree with some doubters and suddenly I was out. But after they didn't respond any of my very polite e-mails, it was enough. I get the message when people don’t want me.

Twinkletoez;3588411 said:
So, when I was approached about the idea of the forum closing down, I agreed without hesitation. Though it's continued existence wouldn't directly effect me in anyway, it had changed too much for me to want it to carry on.

I can only hope you guys won't be mad at us or agree with Greg 'not being a man' - quite the opposite, actually. I also hope that Michael can forgive me for MaxJax having to come to this end.

- Chell

Thanks for your concern, Chell.

I found it strange that in the middle of Murray trial , there were only 3 or 4 pages about it. I was writting on that thread saying what I think about Murray - all I got were negative comments. Like ....it was just a mistake and Michael is to blame.
Unbelivable. Every single topic about trial and the sentence lasted only 2 pages.
To discuss his music and say : " hey...I don"t like this song " is one thing.
To say that Michael is an addict, a bad parent , a symbol for greedy capitalism is another.

I would LOVE to return to MaxJax. I honestly really miss the place it used to be but first I know we all agree that they need to get rid of the people who believe they are the 'King' and 'Queen' of the forum and think they can just go about getting rid of members who confront them about their wrong doings.

I would gladly return once these founders are removed, my LIFE ban is lifted and Greg is back on the team with the rest of the original founders.

I mainly was a member on there because of my interest in the Cascio songs discussion. But thread after thread was closed. Members which opinions and posts I valued VERY much were banned. And at some point I lost interest in posting there.

Things were made very difficult for 'doubters'. That's how I feel.

Certainly no freedom of speech over there. Something I value very much.

It's better over here.

Well I knew the community by name, but never actually visited or read anythign on the forum. I sometimes make a small visit to another community and there are really some good ones out there. But this has been my home for years, before the trial, during the trial, after that I dropped out for a long time, but needing the support I came back shortly after Michael's passing.

i can't speak from what I've seen on MaxJax, but reading the stories here it seems like I didn't miss out on much. I truly believe that when the board was set up there were the best intention, but how can you be bashing Michael, when the forum is about him and you say you're a fan. You can be critical on things, sure. But for me everything I do is with respect to others.
Maybe that's why I love this place :)

I mainly was a member on there because of my interest in the Cascio songs discussion. But thread after thread was closed. Members which opinions and posts I valued VERY much were banned. And at some point I lost interest in posting there.

Things were made very difficult for 'doubters'. That's how I feel.

Certainly no freedom of speech over there. Something I value very much.

It's better over here.

A few days before it closed down, I had said to Arklove, if they continue banning like they did, the forum will simply implode. And all of sudden I, not surprisngly, found out as a matter of fact it did.

However, I'd be really glad if we could rebuild that forum. As I said, together we are stronger, but with founders and staff who would be able to manage it with modesty and respect.

It is a shame that only because of some individuals who had a key position on that forum the whole forum was shut down.

Greg, if you read this, you can make it happen, you do have our support, but change some of the crew.

After reading all this, I am very happy I never registered on that forum. And I agree with Greg. He did right thing.
This is my only MJ home since I became a fan.

I can confirm max jax is not closed. A coward who refuses to be a man will not shut us down.

Insults...

Forget that message. We have not been hacked per se.

That message is from a coward who has blocked the entire max jax team cannot see it.

Insults again...

You will all know how underhand the coward has been soon. No integrity or honesty.

For the third time he calls a member "coward"

Not quite true. All founders disagree with the dirty tricks of one founder who left months ago.

We will be back. Forget the message with awful grammar.

Gavin - cheers, man!

Disrespect

Yes, I lost 'pompous git' ages ago and signed up as PG Tips for a change.

Minimj, it is me. You worked new year, didn't you?

Max jax will live on! Like a phoenix from ashes. Overcome your obstacles in order to succeed! Giving up is when you stay down!

Not us.

Double identity - something he used to ban people for.

PG, if the moderators and founders were you, they'd ban you for life. But they aren't you. They let you speak, sob, cry and yell here, at "MJJCommunism".

Last edited:

Double identity - something he used to ban people for.

In all fairness we had a database corruption and lost passwords in July 2011. So if people cannot access their accounts and create new accounts and ask for their old accounts we resolve that issue. that's not a "double identity" issue.

In all fairness we had a database corruption and lost passwords in July 2011. So if people cannot access their accounts and create new accounts and ask for their old accounts we resolve that issue. that's not a "double identity" issue.

I had exactly the same problem on Max-Jax. I didn't have access to my profile, I didn't know why. I created a new one and they banned me for life.

His insults in almost each post were daily on Max-Jax, and here we have just the top of the iceberg. In one page he managed to insult a member three times in a row and mock his grammar in his fourth post. Those are personal attacks. He could have explained things without dragging personal attacks in his posts. But I guess he feels he has some kind of immunity and that he doesn't have to abide by the rules of the forum..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back