Maximum - Jackson closed by domain owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: maximum - jackson closed? / founders say not true

I emailed ivy as well.

Watch this space!

I'm Jam2008 from MaxJax. P.G. Tips is definitely Pompous Git. I'm talking to him now. :yes:

Thanks, aj! :)

I am the one who got the raison atittude video uploaded in august 2011. I know members here loved it - glad I could help!

Scottytodd is not KQ. Scotty, you are great with graphics and photography. Still living in T&T?

I am who I say I am. Always honest and direct.

Ivy confirms on Twitter. I've added her to mine.

Max jax is here to stay.

OK PG Tips you are now Pompous Git I sent you an email. I merged old and new account
You can now log on to your Pompous Git account using your PG Tips PW

So max jax is not permanently closed?

who knows ? Seems someone with authority closed it .. some kind of infighting with one of the founders.

Glad to see Gary, Gavin, and AJ posting here to let folks know what's up. I'm on vacation in Los Angeles/Anaheim right now so I was pretty far out of the loop when everything seemingly exploded. I did send the MaxJax tweet about the technical difficulties (which have turned out to be something else but I didn't know that at the time since I had minimal information) to help people know that we are working on things. I am assuming we will provide more information in the near future but that's entirely up to Gary and the other active founders so don't hold me to that. :) Just keep being patient while we sort things out and thanks for your support!

Wouldn't miss it for a second if it were closed - and I hope it was. The amount of hypocrisy and disgusting things that went around that forum was mindblowing. Kicking their own team members off, banning past team members because certain people held grudges. Disgusting.

It seems like a lot of forums are run by people on power trips.

I hope this site will be back up?

Thanks PG & MaxJax team! Good to know you're on it ;D

Thanks guys! The support is great to see from both members and private Mj friends.

Thanks again!

PG, just a friendly piece of advice, you should really revise the policy of banning MJ fans on a MJ forum (like yours) for life for the smallest issue. Look what happens when people shut down other people instead of using diplomacy. Many people hold grudge against you for not respecting your own rules on the forum. Dare to question yourself sometimes, like we all should do.

mAch hypocricy going on in that forum. banning peple like crazy, founders braking rules again and again and having then the nerve to point the fingers at the members. i used to like the site but i can't stand double standarts. if the site never comes on-line, it will not bother me at all.

I have to say what I think. That is the only MJ forum that was attacking ppl for defending and praising Michael. True.
And I find it anoying that Max Jaxers are using MJJC now...because some members called this place MJJCommunism.

This board will never act like Max on some issues. I just had to say it, because I am fed up with hypocracy.
I try to keep out of arguments and calling names...I am just not like that, eventhough I was tempted a LOT.
Whatever....This has been and always be the best MJ board. And I am sure it will last longer than any others.

Gaz;3587857 said:

and I'll copy the text here

'We're Takin' Over, We Have The Truth..'
Everyone,

In light of the recent closure of www.maximum-jackson.com, I feel it is necessary to explain to you all the reasons as to why the closure of the domain (maximum-jackson.com) happened so quickly and unexpectedly.

I am the legal owner of the domain www.maximum-jackson.com. The decision was made to close the domain associated with my forum for a number of reasons. As I have already stated on the splash page, ‘irreconcilable differences’ played a strong part.

Firstly, it had become quite clear to me that the original vision of the board had changed dramatically. Its values and initial intended meaning seemed to me to have become blurred.

Past..
In December 2007, shortly before MJNewsOnline decided to close, I had the idea of starting my own forum (with site attached) so that I could create a place where all MJ fans could come together to admire and appreciate the music and talent of Michael Jackson.

I began a collective, if you will - asking those close to me at the time if it was a good idea and if they wanted to help. I'm a forward thinking person, and plans had already begun to take shape in my head long before they ever came to fruition.

And so it was set. There were originally 5 Founders including myself.

Chelsey “Chell” was asked. Marni was asked. Daniel was asked. Gary was asked – and, at the last minute, Gary asked my permission to allow his wife, Angie, to join the team as a fellow Founder. I agreed. Bringing the total to 6 Founders.

These were the basic first steps taken in order to accomplish our then dreams. All that we needed was a title, a name. We came up with many - some good, some rubbish. To give credit where credit is due, it was Angie who thought of the name Maximum Jackson. The abbreviated MaxJax stuck a little better, but all the same - that was, and remains hers.

We all had one goal – a unanimous direction in which we all wanted to travel. Honesty and fairness were to be an important part of our vision: an online space where Michael’s devoted fans, and perhaps even friends of Michael, could gather and share his artistry with each other.

In its prime, www.maximum-jackson.com as a forum achieved many great things. Many stones were turned, and many accomplishments were made. Some as individuals, others as a group.

Many believe the reason to blame for the ‘decline’ of online MJ communities in recent years to be Michael’s untimely passing in 2009. Whilst this is undoubtedly the case regarding the lack of ‘news’ or discussion in that niche, it unfortunately is not the reason behind the decline of www.maximum-jackson.com.

As many of you will know, I have always been the calm, collective type. Perhaps I wasn’t as vocal as some others, but my work and dedication in making www.maximum-jackson.com, (and the site the domain pointed to) look the best around never once faltered. The graphics (95% of), the custom coding and all 5 of the forum skins, including the self-coded ‘Off The Wall’ skin were all authored by myself.

This includes;

(Please note - The initial 'Seasons' skin design was completed by a company - When Maximum-Jackson.com transitioned to vBulletin version 4 - The skin had to be remodelled, re-coded and re-designed from the ground up. The work just for these colour variations took 2 weeks to complete. The 'Off The Wall' skin took, after intial planning - 2 whole weeks to finish and release.)

Seasons Blue
Seasons Red
Seasons Green
Seasons Pink
Seasons Gold
'Off The Wall'
Sadly, it started to become clear to me sometime in early 2011 that www.maximum-jackson.com was no longer was it used to be. On the rare occasion that I would post, I was starting to see a rapid decline in the ‘family-orientated’ and ‘universally friendly’ vibe of the board which was once so rife and important to us all.

There appeared to be a large amount of bickering and negativity being handed out by other members of the Team. The board was no longer getting the recognition it once had from Michael’s Estate, and it seemed to me that www.maximum-jackson.com had lost its original purpose: Michael.

Despite my initial reservations and thoughts about this, I continued to battle on and pretend things wern't turning as ugly as they seemed. Unfortunately, as things continued to decline, my attempts to intervene in a civil and professional manner were unfortunately overshadowed by much louder and bigger voices than my own. This, of course was not a rarity.

Due to changes in my personal life, I decided to ‘leave’ the forum in July 2011. I would remain for the most part inactive. However, I still remained legal owner of the domain, www.maximum-jackson.com.

Present..
I'm aware that many sites are talking about this, and I'm also aware that there has been a response, and there possibly may be a bigger response to this. I believe in my heart that I have done the right thing.

The most important thing to me is Michael - That's the way it always has been. That's the way it always will be. That's what it should be about. I no longer want to be associated in any way with what this site has become, or what it could, or may be in the future. Therefore, what's mine will stay mine.

The only way that I feel the chapter could close, in a positive way - without a full-on-fight - would be to take what is rightfully mine and explain the situation. No associations left. Perhaps we all have different views on how Michael's legacy should be carried, I however – don’t think this was the right one.

For clarification, there is absolutely no reason why a new site or forum (or perhaps even the existing forum) can’t be started by the other remaining Founders with www.maximum-jackson.com – using a different domain.

3 of the Founders, including myself, expressed wishes for the site to close as we felt – and still do feel – that www.maximum-jackson.com has had its heyday. Unfortunately, others did not agree.

The achievements of the past will always continue to hold a place in my heart, but I feel that in order to end my association with www.maximum-jackson.com and what it is at the time of writing this explanation, this is the only way.

I would like to thank the fans for being a part of www.maximum-jackson.com who registered whilst it was in its prime, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Thank you for reading,

Greg Spinks / smooth-c

Michael Forever.

Note - A coward is a man who does something, and cannot explain his actions due to fear, or worry of others condemning him for his actions. You have the truth here, in black and white.

Well, I have no idea what went on behind closed doors, but I do agree with some of the points Greg/smooth-c and some other people in this thread are making. Nevertheless, I did enjoy the music-focused discussions that went on at MaxJax, which generally went more in-depth than in most MJ forums I frequent. Unfortunately, some of the things that have already been mentioned here kept me from really becoming a long-term active poster there though.

My respect to the founder/owner for coming forward to explain his reasons.
I know this had to be a very hard decision to make. but I tend to agree with his reasons.
The board was no longer his intended vision for Michael and the focus changed dramtically.

I dont think Greg (smooth-c) is a coward.

I just wanted to clarify a typo (there were a few, unfortunately) -

I am the legal owner of the domain www.maximum-jackson.com. The decision was made to close the domain associated with my forum for a number of reasons. As I have already stated on the splash page, ‘irreconcilable differences’ played a strong part.

'my' has been changed to 'the'

Thank you for the encouragement and support. I have been open and honest - that's all I care about.

Greg Spinks

Wow. So many people were banned like me from that forum.

When i first signed up for that site it was because of an invite from Smooth-C. I was on the Official site for mj and he invited me. When i joined i read over the rules and even then it seemed like some of the founders was a bit on the restricted side with the opinion thing. PG was the main one to jump on my back and never let up in the later years of the forum.

I went there for everything, it was like a one stop shop for all things MJ. I'm sad to see it go but i think it needs a bit of an overhaul. The founders aside from SC were very rude, if you were wrong about something they smushed your face in it and made you feel stupid. I Love this forum. Michael would be proud of its founders and the way this forum is being handled. I hate the idea of any MJ forum to close, Michael always put his fans first for the most part, he wouldn't have wanted his fans hushed up for the opinions they had.

MaxJax was the best place, at the time i thought, to get the most up-to-date news and most official. I just never thought one place could be so one sided when it comes to opinion's and discussions. There was one instance i remember that was insane. It revolved around a lyrical discussion if i remember correctly it was misheard lyrics i think. It's hard to hear Michael correctly but when you post what you think you hear sometimes its hard to hear what others do. I hear what i hear and i posted it. PG Told me otherwise and in not so nice a wording either. That was one of the major fights we had for the most part. But if i needed help with something i knew exactly who to go to for it. I wouldn't go to PG Or Chill mostly because i didn't know Chill that well, and PG was rude. I went directly to the top even if i had to wait a week or so for a reply.

In closing (sorry so long.) I wanna say that if maxjax returnes i will attempt to be a member there again. I hope everything works out for the site and i hope it comes back soon. Any site/forum that is dedicated to Michael that closes is a huge loss.

Looks like now Pompous Git, Angie, and, I believe it's Dan, the three of them may go forward with beginning MaxJax again on a new domain, and all who wish to join them and continue there on MaxJax, Part Two, sort of speak :) ... certainly may.

Greg, I certainly respect your decision to no longer have Maximum-Jackson continue on the domain you own, if I am understanidng correctly...that is your decision, and if you want to move on away from Maximum-Jackson at this time in your life...that is reasonable and your choice. :)

I would like to ask, Pompous Git, if as you and those who will continue on with MaxJax, would do so with dignity and thta you would rise above taking shots at others or name calling and pointing fingers, but instead, choose to move on maturely and with a much "good energy" as possible.

You can now make Maximum-Jackson the site you and your new team wish it to become...so go and enjoy this new season now, and honor Michael while doing so. :)

If you do not know, I am member q gee from MaxJax.

Good Luck to all of you now, and thank you for the MaxJax we have enjoyed up to this point, and it's up to you what its future will look like.

What Greg has said is totally true. I will admit, coming to the board in Feb 08 - it was simply amazing. Fresh, and with a new brilliant team. Then it did decline and I couldn't call it my home any more, due to the arguments between fans and some of the founders who were just simply rude and were ganging up on other members. For example of the thought of Michael being an 'angel' but the problem was that they had to be correct. No one else could be correct, they had to be wrong.

This is why I am standing behind Greg totally. Max-Jax did have it's good times, but now it's just not a nice place anymore. I know a lot of past members just wish it would close, and leave Max-Jax on a high and not on a low.

I have a new home now.

Maximum is/was a good site to discuss MJ's music but honestly some of the people's opinion on MJ there simply went too far. I know there are different levels of fandom and some are going to be more realistic concerning MJ life and actions but from that to bash him on every single thread, calling him names, question him as a father, calling him a liar, a cry baby an so on, is pure malice. If the site ever goes online again, i hope people do fallow the advice that they give on others.Remember MJ with love. I mean, there are enough people shedding their vitriolic opinion on MJ out there. Seeing some of his fans do the same, is sad.

I have a lot of respect for Greg, he is a very sweet guy and someone I did know personally for a short time while I was on the team at MaxJax. He, Dan, Marni and Chell to me were the best parts of the team and the people I remember the most fondly. They made things worthwhile, along with some members that are still my friends to this day. Unfortunately too many other people were on power trips, banned people for simply disagreeing and shamed others for loving Michael in a positive light. Apparently to be "cool" you had to say awful things about Michael's health and habits. Just disgusting.

So honestly I'm glad to see that board go. If it starts back up, I won't be joining. It was good back in 2008/2009 but apart from that, it went to the dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back