Maximum - Jackson closed by domain owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: maximum - jackson closed? / founders say not true

Insults...

Insults again...

For the third time he calls a member "coward"

Disrespect

Double identity - something he used to ban people for.

PG, if the moderators and founders were you, they'd ban you for life. But they aren't you. They let you speak, sob, cry and yell here, at "MJJCommunism".
And the funny thing is that everything he says about 'the coward' says absolutely nothing about that person, but more about himself.

I don't think this way of communicating is very manly also...More childish. But of course, that's JMO.

Pompous Git is angry and frustrated. That's all I get from his posts.

Now, I don't know what happened exactly, so I'll leave it at this.

Greg, as A non-moderator, I have no interest in whose right/wrong or the politics of the board

However, as a regular poster, I made a lot of posts that I would really be devastated to lose. There is a lot of other great posts and topics that I would like to save

For us, the rest of the community , is it possible to put the board back up for a little while, perhaps a week or a month, just so we can save some of the things we posted?

As I said, I and other regular posters have no interest in the politics. You and the other moderators created the site, and its your decision, but for the rest of us, can we just have a little time before it shuts down?

Would really be appreciative if you could just do that for us

mack

^^Exactly. I also have no interest in the politics and will not take sides here. However, it sucks that a lot of good posts are now going to waste.

I will say this though, a lot of people were banned for no good reason and I think those people deserve an apology. Some names off the top of my head are Pentum, Bumper, NiallJackson, ScottyTodd, Kapital, etc. (sorry for leaving anybody out)

All of these people were banned for what? Not kissing ass? They really deserve an apology and I strongly hope that certain MaxJax staff members learn something from this. Like Bumper said, what goes around comes around. It's not late to apologize and start fresh and clean. It's not late for a change over there... DO IT!

Kind regards, AndreyZidaneTM!

Wouldn't miss it for a second if it were closed - and I hope it was. The amount of hypocrisy and disgusting things that went around that forum was mindblowing. Kicking their own team members off, banning past team members because certain people held grudges. Disgusting.

It seems like a lot of forums are run by people on power trips.

quoting for emphasis.

I can't see how MaxJax could get back to its roots when their founders are conducting a public war in front of the whole fanbase, arguing with each other over internal disputes.

Maybe I didn't get this right, but didn't Greg give the impression that if any forum with the name "Maximum-Jackson" would begin again it would have to be through the individual who came up with the name originally (and he said this to be fair), which I believe he said was Angie. That is why I was thinking that Pompous Git and her and whoever else joins their team at this point would now move towards owning their own site in order to host their own "Maximum-Jackson" discussion forum.

And so, if Greg and others did wish to start the forum up again with a new solid team and try to bring back their original vision for Maximum-Jackson, they would, it seems, be coming up with a new name and a fresh start as well.

This means things could end up with the MJ community having two completely new sites splitting from the original MaxJax, but only the one Angie is involved with, would keep the name.

Yet, has Greg given any indication that he'd like to do that? Maybe he is seeing the interest for just that being stated here in this thread, and he will think about it. If Marni and Chell join him, he would have a strong start. They are both awesome, by the way. Marni is so knowledgable, and a very fair individual. Chell, you've been missed. :)

Anyway, time can heal all of this. And learning from this, and moving on.

I can't see how MaxJax could get back to its roots when their founders are conducting a public war in front of the whole fanbase, arguing with each other over internal disputes.

I think that members need to be informed.

For my part I don't see any arguing going on. All I see is insults coming from one side and explanations coming from the other side without insulting back. Let's not put everyone into the same basket.

I found it strange that in the middle of Murray trial , there were only 3 or 4 pages about it. I was writting on that thread saying what I think about Murray - all I got were negative comments. Like ....it was just a mistake and Michael is to blame.
Unbelivable. Every single topic about trial and the sentence lasted only 2 pages.
To discuss his music and say : " hey...I don"t like this song " is one thing.
To say that Michael is an addict, a bad parent , a symbol for greedy capitalism is another.

:eek: Cant belive they blame mj for it :no:

lol, I was there for one day too and they banned me for no reason at all.
I asked for an explanation but they never gave me one.
Oh well... :)

WOW That's nice....

I joined there too I never really posted on there.

Interesting how Gaz complained about threads on Max-Jax slandering MJJC, yet, that seems to be exactly what's going on here...

None the less, Max-Jax was a great forum even after MJ's passing. Full of great information and various resources regarding pretty much anything you need to know about MJ. The discussions are far more analyzed and in-depth compared to any other forum I've seen.

The only real problem was the attitude of particular founders. And the mass-banning of the most active members on that site. Easily fixable situation...

Interesting how Gaz complained about threads on Max-Jax slandering MJJC, yet, that seems to be exactly what's going on here...

None the less, Max-Jax was a great forum even after MJ's passing. Full of great information and various resources regarding pretty much anything you need to know about MJ. The discussions are far more analyzed and in-depth compared to any other forum I've seen.

The only real problem was the attitude of particular founders. And the mass-banning of the most active members on that site. Easily fixable situation...

Slander _ a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

I didnt see see Gaz complain or make a big ussue of that in this this thread- in fact the opposite. Plus If Max-Jax still existed we would not be allowing this discussing of peoples issues with Max_Jax. But this is not the case. Max-Jax is put to rest. Now when we announced the closure it is one of the Max-jax founders who came here and posted one liner slandererous posts against the owner. telling us it was lie and it wasnt closed ect ect. . Now I do understand he was probably very upset when he heard that and probably in denial and Im sure he was also very attached to max-Jax. But In all fairness we allowed the owner to respond and give his reasons why he chose to close it. So far no one has rebuttled to say that isnt true .

I really dont see any slander here from our members. Just members voicing what happened to them and thier own personal experience on max-jax .. and from what is posted no one seems disagree with what went on. The statements are NOT slander. and like you many have also stated there was some great information and discussions on Max-Jax but the overall tone and respect for members and Michael Jackson himself disinigrated. So reguardless of the content the Heart went out from that board. I wouldn't say ONLY when describing that problem. The Heart of the board is the MOST important part of any MJ Communiity. IT is what sets MJ boards apart from the rest. What we pride ourselves in for the most part apart from all the content displayed.

Maybe in the future there is a way for Greg to allow a trusted few to archive some of the valuable info without
allowing posting or accees that could cause any damage. but I cant see that happening right away. Time heals

Soon as everyone is over the shock Im sure there will be more positive discussions of better times and the positive aspects of Max-Jax .. this is how most threads go after the initial rant and anger passes.

Now Gaz has asked members here not to be calling out people personally in this thread .. so we will do our best to inforce that.

Thanks for that. I had absolutely no idea what 'slander' mean't so I appreciate you taking the time out to Google it for me...

I really dont see any slander here from our members. Just members voicing what happened to them and thier own personal experience on max-jax .. and from what is posted no one seems disagree with what went on. The statements are true NOT slander.

If I recall correctly, 'slander' and 'defaming' were terms used by Gaz to describe similar posts [as in the thread] about MJJC on Max-Jax. His choice of words.

^^^ Yes John but Different circumstances. Max_Jax doesnt exists at the moment - we are discussing what problems made it come to that end.

Your opinion is noted of what Gaz once stated .. so moving forward from that

What is it you want done in this thread ? .. what do you suggest .. Im Listening

Thank you John :) I understand your concern. I know you are feeling the loss. Im glad we could resolve it

Guys, I understand your frustrations however please do not call people out that are also members here.
Mod note
Ok This thread has been cleaned, You are more than welcome to discuss the topic but please without personally attacking anyone. all names have been removed - Its dishearting enough. Yes we know the board was having problems. Hopefully everyone can learn a valuable lesson and something positive can come from this even if Max-Jax stays laid to rest. I know Greg wanted it to be remembered on a positive note and have people remember the original vision of that board. So maybe we we can focus a little more on that and bring some resoration to the MJ community.

Truth is this is very sad :( becuase Many Max-Jax members were fondly attached to the place they once called home. Myself I would like to welcome them here :hug: and not completley rip that board to pieces for thier sake .. There once was a beautuful vision and happier times.

Im not trying to censor your discussion or from voicing your opinions. Feel free to carry on if you need to get things off your chest . I just wanted to remind you of the loss some feel and maybe we could be a little more sensitive is all. We all know there were problems but let's not beat a dead horse if you know what I mean.

Mod note
Ok This thread has been cleaned, You are more than welcome to discuss the topic but please without personally attacking anyone. all names have been removed - Its dishearting enough. Yes we know the board was having problems. Hopefully everyone can learn a valuable lesson and something positive can come from this even if Max-Jax stays laid to rest. I know Greg wanted it to be rembered on a positive note and have people remember the original vision of that board. So maybe we we can focus a little more on that and bring some resoration to the MJ community.

Truth is this is very sad :( becuase Many Max-Jax members were fondly attached to the place they once called home. Myself I would like to welcome them here :hug: and not completley rip that board to pieces for thier sake .. There once was a beautuful vision and happier times. Im not trying to censor your discussion or from voicing your opinions. Feel free to carry on if you need to get thing off your chest . I just wanted to remind you of the loss some feel and maybe we could be a little more sensitive is all. We alls know there were problems but lets not beat a dead horse if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your concerns Qbee :)

I think no one is attacking Max-Jax per se. On the contrary, we are supporting it and its founder Greg by denouncing those who caused its death by daily insults, bans and complete lack of diplomacy and flexibility. If you censor the names you risk to truncate the information. Members deserve to be fully informed in order to understand the situation.

I don't think that denouncing people for their actions is slandering them.

I was a frequent lurker at Max Jax but I never knew of the problems it had until I read this thread. I just liked it because there was actual discussion. Whereas in every other forum I've been to, it's just constant hating on MJ's family/friends, obsessing over the kids and drooling over his gold pants.

Whereas in every other forum I've been to, it's just constant hating on MJ's family/friends, obsessing over the kids and drooling over his gold pants.

Lol, some of this is true :D

I was a frequent lurker at Max Jax but I never knew of the problems it had until I read this thread. I just liked it because there was actual discussion. Whereas in every other forum I've been to, it's just constant hating on MJ's family/friends, obsessing over the kids and drooling over his gold pants.

Actual discussion with people thinking alike and with loads of banned people who couldn't join the discussion. But anyway, the forum wasn't the issue, but those who banned members.

PG, just a friendly piece of advice, you should really revise the policy of banning MJ fans on a MJ forum (like yours) for life for the smallest issue. Look what happens when people shut down other people instead of using diplomacy. Many people hold grudge against you for not respecting your own rules on the forum. Dare to question yourself sometimes, like we all should do.
Quoting for emphasis.

MaxJax was one of the best places to discuss Michael's art (and music in general) and was full of brilliant, colourful personalities that were being systematically banned or marginalised to the detriment of the place - it was supposed to be a community, not a trigger-happy demagogy seeking to destroy dissenters.

There's much to be learned from those who may disagree with you.

Last edited:
Thanks for your concerns Qbee :)

I think no one is attacking Max-Jax per se. On the contrary, we are supporting it and its founder Greg by denouncing those who caused its death by daily insults, bans and complete lack of diplomacy and flexibility. If you censor the names you risk to truncate the information. Members deserve to be fully informed in order to understand the situation.

I don't think that denouncing people for their actions is slandering them.
Support and love for a community must be fuelled more by constructive criticism than ignorant head-nodding, in order to weed out problems and make it a better place. It's a shame how people seem more inclined to be defensive than deal objectively with such criticism but it takes a good leader to break the mold here.

Last edited:
It seems like a lot of you are solely targeting PG when it was 5 staff members who have decided and agreed to ban certain members or to close the Cascio threads...

While I don't know and agree with all bans, some were reasonable. Some members took fun in butchering/ridiculing and using swear words towards other members. Most of them are now "celebrating" the MaxJax team's internal dispute like a victory.
What has happened with this fan community?

I take what I can get.

Quoting for emphasis.

MaxJax was one of the best places to discuss Michael's art (and music in general) and was full of brilliant, colourful personalities that were being systematically banned or marginalised to the detriment of the place - it was supposed to be a community, not a trigger-happy demagogy seeking to destroy dissenters.

There's much to be learned from those who may disagree with you.

Support and love for a community must be fuelled more by constructive criticism than ignorant head-nodding, in order to weed out problems and make it a better place. It's a shame how people seem more inclined to be defensive than deal objectively with such criticism but it takes a good leader to break the mold here.

I've personally always preferred MJJC, even before it became MJJC, because this was the first site where you could get all the info about Michael Jackson and his music. I've been long enough around to witness it and as a witness I am defending that position.

However, the scope here is not which site is better. If time after time people went off topic and drooled over golden pants, well that's fine too. Nobody got killed. In other words instead of banning and trashing people, the very people had their cool off periods instead of constantly locking the threads and banning people. The actual discussion took over after the cool off periods anyway. On top of that people befriended, laughed and shared good memories.

If we take a closer look at it, it is not a question of forum itself, but how it has been managed. So let's not compare forums and judge which one is better, but rather welcome all MJ forums and consider them as complementary. Which one is the best, that's something personal and pointless to debate. It's like debating which chocolate is the tastiest or which country is the best or which religion is the best... We, MJ fans, should be free to go to any forum we want without being systematically censored, silenced, speech castrated, unless we start insulting each other.

And the core issue, as far as I am concerned was that we had some founders considering themselves above thier own rules of the forum. This couldn't generate anything good but eventual implosion of the forum.

This is a good lesson not only for those founders but also an example not to follow in the future by anyone else. Forums with lots of devoted banned members can only lead to very bad publicity which spreads like a viral disease and lead to serious damage, and eventual death of the forum.

There aren't many solutions:

either the legal founder gives up, which is understandable
or he gets rid of those who dragged the forum into quagmire and restarts it, but with a new crew who will also respect the rules and won't be full of themselves.

It seems like a lot of you are solely targeting PG when it was 5 staff members who have decided and agreed to ban certain members or to close the Cascio threads...

I am sorry Alex, but PG is targeted because he was the one who insulted everyone in the forum, the banned memebers and those who were not banned (yet).

Look at the first page of this very thread. He started calling a person a coward three times, and the fourth time he attacked him for his "awful" grammar.

How would you feel if someone insulted you in three posts in a row and in the fourth posts criticized your grammar? Would you defend him?

I'm glad it's gone. That place was doomed. Bad management, internal and external disputes and power abuse. It was doomed ever since the banning of a large group of members; after that, the forum was ruled with an iron fist and only one opinion was allowed: Michael was a greedy, asexual, hypocritical and psychologically underdeveloped capitalist.

I'm neutral on this. I don't know anything about their dispute and I don't quickly point a finger at someone for things that are not apparent.

I'm neutral on this. I don't know anything about their dispute and I don't quickly point a finger at someone for things that are not apparent.

I don't know either, but you can clearly see that he's disrespecting the forum rules by insulting his fellow publicly, as many other members were insulted on Max-Jax by him.

For example you and I disagree on many things regarding a particular subject, but we never insulted each other for that.

p.s. He even seemed to have held grudge against his own staff when they thanked some members who didn't agree with him, but this is something that only the staff could confirm.
Some other staff however, instead of taking serious action, supported and excused his arrogance by saying things like "well his screen name is pompous, isn't it". There was another moment when his post was so arrogant that his own wife once declared "I can't believe he just said that."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back