Meeting Michael

ChrisLovesMichael

Proud Member
How many of you have met Michael Jackson? I had the pleasure of meeting him in 2001 when he did a signing at virgin record store. People weren't allowed to go up to him themselves but when I got near his table I asked Michael directly if I could shake his hand and he told his guards to let me up. I literally was frozen doing it but it was one of the most amazing moments in my life. :)

Perfect! You can't ask for much more than that. (apart from asking him if you could go to the studio with him and watch him record an entire album).

Amazing you got the chance to do that!!! Every video and concert from the Jackson 5 to Motown 25, Thriller video, Bad tour etc I would be watching the hand thinking I've shaken that ?

Last edited:
^^And got engaged to one! :). Actually, I thought that was sweet. Think that would have been quite exciting to be there.

Anyone else here? I love when people share their memories of meeting or seeing Michael. Unfortunately, the closest I've ever been was being in the same country as him once xD. He performed here when I was still a child.

Last edited:
^^And got engaged to one! :). Actually, I thought that was sweet. Think that would have been quite exciting to be there.

that was soooo funny when he said "see you at the wedding" :rofl:

You're so lucky! Wish I had the same privilege to meet him.
3449015.jpg

MidnightMoonwalk;4154924 said:
Anyone else here? I love when people share their memories of meeting or seeing Michael. Unfortunately, the closest I've ever been was being in the same country as him once xD. He performed here when I was still a child.

Yes! Here! I saw him! You have to excuse my bad english, but I gladly want to share my memories with you:).

My very first time I saw Michael was in 1996 in Prague where he startet his HIStory-tour. We, some fans, maybe 100 people startet waiting for his arrival in front of his hotel. It was about noon. We waited patiently one hour, 2, 3, 4, 5 - in this time the crowd on the square grew up to many thousands of people, young and old, children, photographers, people looked out of the windows of the houses around. Through loudspeakers the HIStory-album was played up and down, some fans did a little dance contest in front of the others - all people were in a joyful, relaxed and, of course, expectant mood. But then!, finally the long awaited SUV-caravan arrived. The mood turned around, the crowd went absolutely wild:D. (Before I saw this phenomen live I always had the thought something like this is anyhow staged or the pictures of the media made it up - but no, it was reality.) The crowd exloded in motion and sound, I felt strange elbows in my back, strange hands pulled my hair, ..., all over crying, screaming, hysteria. I had the luck to stand in the first row, where the policemen worked hard to hold up the cordon against the force of the crowd.

One person - in the center of security, staff, policemen, photographers - stayed really cool. Michael.:wub: He walked from his car to right and left and back, obviously enjoying this excited welcome. He smiled and waved and blew kisses, thanked us... Michael looked absolutely wonderful, in motion he is even more beautiful than on any picture, he is very graceful, very elegant... I felt myself also very calm, though he walked along in a rather small distance, maybe 4 meters?, I sent my lovethoughts to him, simply enjoying his presence!!!, I took very less pictures - but, of course, some, to can prove myself later, that I didn´t dream it:). Ok. After a few minutes Michael went to the entrance of the hotel - and some minutes later he showed up on the rooftop of the building:). We all know the photos from there. In the meantime of all, in the beginning of the sunset the very large HIStory-statue was erected on the other side of the river which flows directly behind the hotel.

From 96 to 97 I had the luck to see 3 HIStory-concerts.

The 2. time I saw Michael pretty close was in 2002 in Berlin at the Bambi-Awards. You all know the pictures of his Berlin-visit. We - the this-time fans - again waited very patiently along the cordon at the red carpet - and we were so happy to see, that he left his car very early, so he had to walk a few minutes along the row of us. He walked slowly - of course, again in the center of his security and staff and so on, he smiled, sometimes he stopped, talked one or two words... When he stood in front of me (maybe in a distance of 1 1/2 meters, imagine!), he saw a poster held up by a fan anywhere beside me, he went to her and I think, he signed it. And in this moment I could not resist - I had to touch him. Only a shy little touch, as if I would be a butterfly - but, yes, I did touch his velvet jacket:blush:. After that I didn´t wash my hand for days. This time I did not take one picture. It was impossible for me to disarrange the situation with a thing like a camera. I only loved to be so close him, to see him, to be there..........

Though I did not have the opportunity to talk to Michael I keep these meetings as treasures of my life. I love the man.

I believe there might be a thread for this already but... I don't mind saying it again!!

I met him and listened outside to rehearsal 7 days (1 week) before he passed! JUNE 18th 2009..

saw him in 2003 at his Bday celebration at the Orpheum too.

Fly, those are nice memories! I think it's good that you decided not to take any photos and just enjoy the moment. Else, you might have not been able to touch him...

KOPV, do tell us more. How did you feel him in 2009, when you met him? Did you manage to talk to him?

Back