"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

yup, and do you think they getting the money out of the trees? lmao. they are getting it from some of you all. you make it so easy for them to never truly work a day and give us what we really want. I swear if I get in my hands an unedited concert, I won't be sharing it, ever. You've proven you'll literally throw your money on whatever has MJs name on it, even when it's not MJ.

yup, and do you think they getting the money out of the trees? lmao. they are getting it from some of you all. you make it so easy for them to never truly work a day and give us what we really want.
Mike never released any of that stuff when he was alive, so he didn't care about what you want either.
5adc22fc4fc36243c59dd710f9b2b882d67b25f5.gif

Mike did put out some perfume though. 😁
b7128cc63f3a37c3afafdc391357514ee614dd89.jpg

There was a video montage of Michael's hits at the 30th anniversary special that was as good as Brace Yourself but cant find that clip anywhere.

I love the brace yourself video so much ❤️, I really hope the movie reenacts certain moments showing the hysteria and chaos with the fans to the same track O Fortuna and running with the army.

I love the brace yourself video so much ❤️, I really hope the movie reenacts certain moments showing the hysteria and chaos with the fans to the same track O Fortuna and running with the army.
I like that one you posted but I like this one better! After about 4 mins you don't get any more shots of Michael, just the fans screaming, but the intensity really comes across, imo. Girls crying, guys crying, so many shots where people look as if they are praying.

I love this one too - lots of stuff from the UK. :)
"Put together in 1985 by Jackson's then video collaborator Patrick T. Kelly, parts of this montage would be later used in other montages including "Brace Yourself", "Where It Began, Where It Went, Where It's Going" and the television special "Michael Jackson: The Legend Continues"

Mike never released any of that stuff when he was alive, so he didn't care about what you want either.
5adc22fc4fc36243c59dd710f9b2b882d67b25f5.gif

Mike did put out some perfume though. 😁
b7128cc63f3a37c3afafdc391357514ee614dd89.jpg
wait when did this perfume get out????? damn i wish i got it!!

Slightly off topic but there also was a cool edit in Oprah's interview with MJ.. Does anyone know more about who made that and were to find it? (for some reason I can't even find the interview at the moment)

Movie title is really "Michael" and ends in May.

I think, it could have been a better title but I cant think any. Usually its the artists song title but the simplicity is there tho, as it humanizes him.
The Ray Charles biopic is titled Ray though. There's an old John Travolta movie called Michael.

I would have preferred a song title. How about, for example, “With a Child’s Heart,” or “Best of Joy”?
With a child's heart would unfortunately come with a lot of ridicule. Best of joy is pretty much unheard of to the general public.

Michael is a bit too simple for me but I think the whole point in the title was to make him human.

With a child's heart would unfortunately come with a lot of ridicule. Best of joy is pretty much unheard of to the general public.

Michael is a bit too simple for me but I think the whole point in the title was to make him human.
What about "Price of Fame"?

Nvm it's already been posted here lol. Please delete this message

Last edited:

There is no iconic title that's also not played out and stiff fitting., not really. Thriller would've been it but that's impersonal. So is Man in the Mirror, and King of Pop.

The irony is people would more instantly recognize if the film was called "W*cko J*cko".

So yes, let it be a humanizing title. It belongs here more than it did on that album from 2010.

On a side note, I'm glad that Michael is the official title, because I absolutely HATE the cliche of every musician's biopic being named after one of their signature songs.

Queen = Bohemian Rhapsody
Whitney = I Wanna Dance With Somebody
James Brown = Get On Up
Bob Marley = One Love
Elton John = Rocketman
NWA = Straight Outta Compton

What's next? A Led Zeppelin biopic called Stairway to Heaven? No wonder they say Hollywood's out of ideas!

On a side note, I'm glad that Michael is the official title, because I absolutely HATE the cliche of every musician's biopic being named after one of their signature songs.

James Brown = Get On Up
Bob Marley = One Love
Elton John = Rocketman

What's next? A Led Zeppelin biopic called Stairway to Heaven? No wonder they say Hollywood's out of ideas!
It's cause it's more than a hit song, it's Michael.

Colman Domingo gave another interview: https://ew.com/colman-domingo-joe-jackson-michael-biopic-nat-king-cole-8575659

This part worries me a little bit:
I wanted to take it on because I know that there's many public opinions about Joe Jackson that are in conflict of what maybe family members or people who knew him think or believe.
I don't know if I'm just misinterpreting his words, but he makes it sound like the movie will portray Joe in a new light, as he's described by his family, and we all know that lately the family has been trying to pretend that Joe wasn't abusive and Michael was just a crybaby. I hope they're not going to try to rewrite history to make Joe's abuse look less abusive than it was. If they don't portray Joe accurately as the abusive father that he was, if they sweep things under the rug right from the start, it will destroy all their credibility when they get to the allegations against Michael.

Oppenheimer was shot in only 57 days.

I don’t know much about movies but I'd imagine everything has already been extensively set in place and mapped out so the shooting aspect might not take as long as you would expect.
Yeah, we can't really tell how long it's going to be from shooting time. The shooting schedule for this film seems to be pretty average from what I've seen, and like you said it's probably pretty heavily scheduled.

So what do we know about the film so far?

We've seen Jaafar as MJ MITM Dangerous Tour, him with Katherine (assume it's Thriller era) and we've seen him as Mike in an OTW album signing too.

Have I missed anything?

James Brown = Get On Up
Bob Marley = One Love
Elton John = Rocketman

Ray Charles = Ray (2004)

:p

So what do we know about the film so far?

We've seen Jaafar as MJ MITM Dangerous Tour, him with Katherine (assume it's Thriller era) and we've seen him as Mike in an OTW album signing too.

Have I missed anything?
- Two kids were casted as I guess a young Prince and Paris, ánd a kid (and the Jacksons) has been casted as Michael. So I guess that would mean we wil see the beginning to the end of his life.
- The casting of Branca would mean that the purchase of the catalogue will be included.
- I also hope that the renovations of Neverland imply that they will also film there (which would be logical).

If they do film at Neverland I wonder if it will just be external shots or the inside of the houses too.

Although bittersweet, it would be nice to show Jaafar dancing in the studio with the spotlight on him the way Michael did.

I'm also curious about his bedroom and if it's appropriate to show the audience the size of the room and the whole panic room etc to prove that nothing sinister was going on. I know it's on YouTube but it would be a great opportunity for the masses to see it via the movie.

Back