"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I think they should announce a date and a time for the pre-announcement of the announcement.. otherwise how should we know that there will be a pre-announcement ?
Exactly! We'll be completely lost.

Yeah... and if they just simply announced things, without warning, people might have a heart attacks or something...

Maybe they should also plan a post-announcement, for those whose would have missed the actual announcement?

Yeah... and if they just simply announced things, without warning, people might have a heart attacks or something...

Maybe they should also plan a post-announcement, for those whose would have missed the actual announcement?
Yes. Bc I will def miss it.

well, we have a date Tuesday January 17th. We don't know which year though. Now you want time! You guys really expect too much!

We better kill time till 2034 with some Branca vids🙃
Did he use TWYMMF for background music! oh my!
..... and wait, was that the announcement to the pre-announcement to the announcement? The vid mentions Biopic!

We better kill time till 2034 with some Branca vids🙃

We can have even better... How about some hilarious collection of Branca memes? (not made by me)

BIOPIC_MOVIE.png

Last edited:
It is reported that it may actually be a compilation of Branca's hits :
(again, meme not made by me)

Branca_Number_Ones.png
number_ones_back.png

There's even J.B. in it !
well, it's really do it for irony

Last edited:
just to come back down to earth for a moment, maybe there's a real reason for the delay. Could be
Absolutely right. Sometimes we just get carried away. I actually don't like bashing Branca because I don't know anything about him except that he was with Michael for long time and Michael trusted him. Both of those are positive. So I am going to remember that and not get carried away!!

Whitney was not a flop at all. It was never going to be huge while in the shadow of the mighty Avatar 2 plus Speilbergs 5x golden globe winner!
It could've been worse, but judging by Box Office it's not done spectacularly well

Is it? Any indication? Cinema-sales? Critiqus were good and somewhere here said also it was good. It`s still in cinema ?
Is the soundtrack out ?
It is a monumental flop. The worldwide box office number is not even 50 million dollars and it is in its 4th week already.
The USA box office numbers are a measly 22 million while It is still playing in over 3000 theaters but nobody goes to see it.
its production cost is reportedly 45 million dollars so it won’t even go break even Because this number doesn’t factor in marketing costs.

Whitney was not a flop at all. It was never going to be huge while in the shadow of the mighty Avatar 2 plus Speilbergs 5x golden globe winner!
So far it barely raised 49.3M (probably end around 50-55M) with a budget of 45M.

Films usually have to raise twice their budget to avoid losses since marketing, distribution and other expenses are not part of the budget. It’s a rule that generally applies to all movies, obviously there are movies that need to raise a lot more if they have a more aggressive marketing campaign but I don’t think that’s the case with Whitney biopic.

In reviews it did not work either, in the Rotten Tomatoes site has an average of %45 (2 stars) and in metacritic has an average of %55 (2 and a half stars).

I don’t think Avatar has a major role in the performance of the whitney biopic as it also raised less than Puss in Boots, in his second week it even grossed less than films with 8 weeks as Wakanda Forever and in his third weekend came out of the top 5.

I am not a fan of Whitney but I like it, I went to the cinema with curiosity, especially to see what could be a biopic of MJ and honestly I did not like it, it looked very cheap, I wonder where they spent 45M in a film that seems to be taken from Lifetime.

Back